The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Even Cleveland players don't just quit the game in their prime.

"At least we're not Detroit!"

shit AND Ivory?

i'm not a fan of paying big money to free agent RBs, but i like Ivory a lot and think he's a good fit.

and Jags have 80m in cap they have to spend so it might as well go to quality players.

I know they have cap to spend, but were the Jags not happy with Yeldon's progress last year? Admittedly I didn't get to see much of the Jags, but he averaged a decent YPC, and from most of the reports I've seen, he graded favorably in pass pro vs his rookie RB counterparts. Ivory is definitely an upgrade but would've thought they would give Yeldon the reigns all to himself this year

Jags were completely 1 dimensional in the red zone, they didn't even let Yeldon try at the goal line and instead tried to use Toby fuckin Gerhart and Denard Robinson, so at least Ivory would have a defined role. Still pretty strange IMO, they could have outbid anyone in the secondary market which is where they really need the help. Still lots of cash left though.

No other surprising news aside from the Dolphins terrible trade. Iirc they were already in cap trouble over the next couple years before adding Maxwells terrible contract.

No other surprising news aside from the Dolphins terrible trade. Iirc they were already in cap trouble over the next couple years before adding Maxwells terrible contract.
Hey, they released Grimes... Pretty nice tradeoff imo [/s]

Also, obligatory fuck the Falcons.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol the Broncos went from having two QBs to having zero QBs in about 72 hours. Guess they're planning to throw a rookie straight into the fire, huh? Let's hope they're at least going to attempt to trade up because that #32 pick is not going to cut it.

In other news the Dolphins continue to show, as they do every year, that they give zero shits about future cap management and drafting and think they can buy a championship squad overnight

I know they have cap to spend, but were the Jags not happy with Yeldon's progress last year? Admittedly I didn't get to see much of the Jags, but he averaged a decent YPC, and from most of the reports I've seen, he graded favorably in pass pro vs his rookie RB counterparts. Ivory is definitely an upgrade but would've thought they would give Yeldon the reigns all to himself this year
they like Yeldon a lot, but Killah summarized the thinking there.

The Jags waste no time signing arguably the best FA. They have a ridiculous amount of cap space but I think they overpaid Jackson. Still, it's a good pickup. They can wreak havoc up front with him and Dante Fowler(assuming he lives up to the hype) but they don't really have much of a defense otherwise to boot which they'll need to compete with the Colts and Texans. However, it's a good step. Also, I'm surprised they went for Ivory cause Yeldon looked solid but defenitely a good pickup.
As for the Dolphins, all I can do is laugh. They do this shit every offseason and it never works.
Oakland doing WORK.

Well the giants are looking like the best team in the NFC East so far. They have the SECOND best qb, best wr and dl. So yeah I'm EXCITED. Jonathan Hankins is incredible and healthy, abled bodied jpp is the best de in the league. If jpp gets back into form all those 4th quater losses are going to turn into wins. We just need another wr to back odb and we're set.

Also, I've always liked rg3 but if he goes to the broncos im going to die of happiness. Sure, I'm one of the few who wasnt in the least bit impressed by his 2012 season, but I've always liked him and now he's no longer part of that horrible team.

That would be ballin for him if he got starter in Denver, considering he was likely getting a 2nd string job instead elsewhere. Lol at Kaepernick bring a possible target.

Seattle lost Irvin, damn. Likely to be using the caps for the big dudes and pruning the line then. I guess that's money saved alongside Kearse leaving. At least they locked in Lane, coming off injury or not.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Meanwhile, Ryan Fitzpatrick is probably going to get less than all of them (and let's not forget Kirk Cousins) and is a perfectly competent, well-seasoned if not unspectacular quarterback.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Also, I've always liked rg3 but if he goes to the broncos im going to die of happiness. Sure, I'm one of the few who wasnt in the least bit impressed by his 2012 season, but I've always liked him and now he's no longer part of that horrible team.
No one does the heel turn better. Holy fuck.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Well the giants are looking like the best team in the NFC East so far. They have the SECOND best qb, best wr and dl. So yeah I'm EXCITED. Jonathan Hankins is incredible and healthy, abled bodied jpp is the best de in the league. If jpp gets back into form all those 4th quater losses are going to turn into wins. We just need another wr to back odb and we're set.

Second best qb in the nfc east, maybe...

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The Dolphins have apparently offered the most money for CJ Anderson so Denver has to decide if they want to match.

I'm just wondering WITH WHAT MONEY ARE THE DOLPHINS OFFERING THIS??? God if they get a damn stomach flu they could have 75% of their cap space sitting on the bench for a week. JAYSUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)