SPL 7: UU Discussion Thread

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ORAS UU: dodmen vs xMarth - should be a good one, giving it to marth though
ORAS UU: Hogg vs Hikari - unfortunate game last week but hoggs gonna go all out to finish with a positive record
ORAS UU: kokoloko vs Calloflochie
ORAS UU: bugzinator vs teal6 - teal9-0

Reactions: nv

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Usage stats for last week are up (though the cumulative stats aren't updated yet).

| 1 | Alakazam | 6 | 60.00% | 50.00% |

Turns out Alakazam is a pretty good 'mon!

EDIT: OK they updated cumulative stats and here's how the top slots look:

| 1 | Cobalion | 29 | 36.25% | 51.72% |
| 2 | Aerodactyl | 23 | 28.75% | 43.48% |
| 3 | Swampert | 18 | 22.50% | 61.11% |
| 3 | Salamence | 18 | 22.50% | 50.00% |

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
from the cumulative stats:

Gyarados | 10 | 12.50% | 80.00%

actually really surprised by this. gyara is great, but 80% win rate is kinda funny.

and this:

18 | Blastoise | 8 | 10.00% | 12.50%

1/8 wins is actually sad considering this is what i consider the second best mega in the tier.

sceptile's win rate at 70% is also kinda lol-worthy but i guess its cause teal's used it 6 times and he doesnt miss focus blast

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It was CM Reuniclus. I didn't go to it right after Tentacruel died because at that point Hikari hadn't revealed his fourth move, and I expected Roar. I figured my most reliable way of winning was breaking its Sub, getting it statused, and winning with one of my two CMers (preferably Florges, since Reuni was good insurance on the back end for Aero, while Florg is a pretty shaky check to it depending on how Hikari plays). I'd also be way more vulnerable to a random crit from Suicune.

If I knew that he wasn't running Roar on Cune or Encore on Whimsi, I could have won the game a lot earlier, but I decided I was better off playing it safe.

unfortunate couple of turns gave marth the game there, crit burn on florges letting stoise break through and the draco miss on stoise earlier in the game.

kokoloko

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
it's due to the likelihood that whoever you're facing will not use spikes for that /one/ game. that's kinda one of the biggest takeaways from team building for tournaments vs for ladder. a tournament team can be flawed in many ways because it will only be used once so it doesn't need to have a consistent answer to something the opponent is unlikely to use. ladder teams should be far more consistent in general and have /some/ way of dealing with pretty much anything.

out of the 8 teams I've used thus far in SPL, I would only use 2 for ladder play and neither is particularly creative.

from the cumulative stats:

Gyarados | 10 | 12.50% | 80.00%

actually really surprised by this. gyara is great, but 80% win rate is kinda funny.

and this:

18 | Blastoise | 8 | 10.00% | 12.50%

1/8 wins is actually sad considering this is what i consider the second best mega in the tier.

sceptile's win rate at 70% is also kinda lol-worthy but i guess its cause teal's used it 6 times and he doesnt miss focus blast
Thank u so much warzoid

Last edited:
Suicune used Hydro Pump!
The opposing the corporation avoided the attack!

The opposing the corporation used Knock Off!
Suicune lost 35.8% of its health!
The opposing the corporation knocked off Suicune's Leftovers!
The opposing the corporation lost some of its HP!
Turn 2
★kokoloko: yum

Turn 20

Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
The opposing my life is hard avoided the attack!

The opposing my life is hard used Waterfall!
Sableye lost 75.6% of its health!

Sableye fainted!
★kokoloko: GG

Might feel slightly sorry for you if you weren't a douchebag everytime you haxed someone, GG koko karma's a bitch

kokoloko

since you insist on being a complete moron every single time you open your mouth, let me school you for a second.

in my game vs dod, the hydro miss on turn fucking TWO put me in an advantageous position, but it didn't outright cost him the game since literally everything i ended up using mamo for could have been done w/ entei and he had ZERO dragon resists vs a scarf hydreigon. i said "yum" obviously jokingly unlike your fucking bitch ass.

in my game vs christo, the hax literally didn't matter since i had a fucking lum berry and he choked on a 20-inch cock sacrificing his gyara counter. i said GG because, well, quite frankly he deserved it for shit like... "lol koko and xmarth didnt deserve to get drafted im so much better wah wah" so yep.

in contrast, the crit on cune you got early game and the crit on florges you got late-game were both game-breaking since both of them swept your fucking garbage team clean. not only was your team absolute shit, you also played like absolute shit, but of course you got bailed by luck. the difference between me and you is that you were being a douche over a 100% stolen game that your lucky-as-shit-but-terrible-at-pkmn bitch ass deserved to lose while i was joking and could have won (or in the game vs christo, stright up 100% won) regardless of the luck.

its alright though, pretty sure the replay says it all. have fun losing in playoffs :]

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Let's all take a deep breathe to remember that Pokemon is a game that heavily involves luck ( they created Scald I mean hello), so it's inevitable that lots of games will be decided by that rather than skill. This is why I think best of ones are pretty lame but oh well we can only ask so much of you players. This is also why I think an unbeaten record at this point is all the more impressive! (But not wholly skillful as the replays will demonstrate)

Analysis of the stall games played in previous weeks to come later today~

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
I think the only thing I would question is the double EP on pert. I'm probably missing something but I feel like the first EP was enough to make pert revengable for either LO zam or hera. I was thinking that maybe if rocks had gotten set than you could've been able to threaten to pursuit trap the crobat more and then with a dead bat than LO zam could've maybe done something, which also would have meant foddering hera instead of zam early on. Bugz had fodder for hera and then a solid 4 offensive checks to it so I thought zam could have been more use. Only if it was gleam tho. If it wasn't gleam than foddering it wasnt a bad play at all.

Im probs missing something but those are just meh thoughts. Bugz had a really good matchup as well so it was an uphill battle for sure.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)