Resource VGC 16: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing a soft-reset for a trick room Dialga and I got this today.

Quiet - 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 25

Is a 25 IV in speed too high for a trick room set?

This is my son's game, so he does not have access to battle resort to pinpoint the actual HP/ATK/DEF.

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I have been doing a soft-reset for a trick room Dialga and I got this today.

Quiet - 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 25

Is a 25 IV in speed too high for a trick room set?

This is my son's game, so he does not have access to battle resort to pinpoint the actual HP/ATK/DEF.
You'll have 96 speed. You're faster than all other base 90's with a -spe nature and 0 spe IVs (85 speed), so you'll go after them in trick room.

Here's a speed tier list. Besides missing out on speed ties, it doesn't look like you have to worry about much besides maybe hitmontop.

You'll have 96 speed. You're faster than all other base 90's with a -spe nature and 0 spe IVs (85 speed), so you'll go after them in trick room.

Here's a speed tier list. Besides missing out on speed ties, it doesn't look like you have to worry about much besides maybe hitmontop.
I plan on using it for VGC. The only problem there might be 0 speed Groudon. Although, I am not sure how many run 0 speed just for the weather set.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I plan on using it for VGC. The only problem there might be 0 speed Groudon. Although, I am not sure how many run 0 speed just for the weather set.
Yeah, and groudon frequently runs a -spe nature and 0 spe IVs (and groudon has base 90 speed). Especially if you see groudon paired with something like bronzong or cresselia, you can bet it's going to be a slow one.

Those slow groudons are what you're going to be faster than (as well as trick room kyogres and other slow dialgas). I guess you can smack them around a bit outside of trick room, but given that you said this was for a trick room team, those slow groudons will always be going before you under trick room.

I have a question!

I'm aspiring to compete in the Pokemon Nationals VGC this year, and there's some thing I'm not quite understanding...

If I have fully Maxed out EV, and have perfect IV for my competitive Pokemon, and its sitting at lvl one hundred for an example, what happens when I enter it in a contest or battle that lowers the levels of pokemon to lvl 50? Does the stats get compressed to what it was at lvl 50? Or are the stats the same? would love to understand, so I can wrap my head around this.

Please and Thank you!

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I have a question!

I'm aspiring to compete in the Pokemon Nationals VGC this year, and there's some thing I'm not quite understanding...

If I have fully Maxed out EV, and have perfect IV for my competitive Pokemon, and its sitting at lvl one hundred for an example, what happens when I enter it in a contest or battle that lowers the levels of pokemon to lvl 50? Does the stats get compressed to what it was at lvl 50? Or are the stats the same? would love to understand, so I can wrap my head around this.

Please and Thank you!
The pokemon basically act like they are level 50 for the match. Their stats change to what they are at level 50. You can see what they will be by putting your ivs and evs into showdown and changing the level to 50. Also just making sure you know that you have to have accumulated play points to participate in nationals.

Last edited:
The pokemon basically act like they are level 50 for the match. Their stats change to what they are at level 50. You can see what they will be by putting your ivs and evs into showdown and changing the level to 50. Also just making sure you know that you have to have accumulated play points to participate in nationals
That I already have! XP

So the my Pokemon will have lvl 50 stats. And will the EV, and IV remain the same? or will it be slashed in half? and will those stats make or break my game?

Demantoid

APMS Founder
That I already have! XP

So the my Pokemon will have lvl 50 stats. And will the EV, and IV remain the same? or will it be slashed in half? and will those stats make or break my game?
The evs and ivs remain the same as before.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
So the Pokemon stats get cut to LVL 50, but the EV and IV stats doesn't get effected?
The evs and ivs themselves don't get effected but how much they increase is different. At level 50 it takes 8 evs to raise a stat by 1 while it takes 4 at level 100. At level 50 every 2 ivs increase it by one unlike lv100 (this shouldn't' matter since you said they're all perfect anyway).

The evs and ivs themselves don't get effected but how much they increase is different. At level 50 it takes 8 evs to raise a stat by 1 while it takes 4 at level 100. At level 50 every 2 ivs increase it by one unlike lv100 (this shouldn't' matter since you said they're all perfect anyway).
I see! Thank you so much! You have been a Great help. Have a feeling I will be back eventually!

I know that it is forbidden to talk about hacked pokemon in here but I have a serious issue concerning this cause a bit.
I'm new to the ORAS games since I got mine 1-2 weeks ago. I wanna take part in the national championships in may in my country by using only breeded / soft-resettet pokemon.
While trying to fight on the ladder is it true that I have to assume to face hacked pokemon around 90% of the time? If yes, is there any chance to win when I only get breeded / soft-resetted pokemon?
What if I'm getting a legally stat pokemon by wondertrade trying to play that (assuming it has the blue pentathingie which means it is legally playable). How can I even check / notice by myself that this thing is / was hacked? It'll be a shame if I would travel accross the county by getting DQ'ed by only that kinda thing....
....another thing: I'm interested in ur thoughts & experiences. Anybody can tell me how well they fare in the ladder? I assume that is quite hard, when all the top notch players are using hacked pokemon and stuff...I even read that some really well-known pro was playing a hacked pokemon at world championships and it even didn't mattered.

You know I've been playing TCGs of all kinds for like 15 - 20 years competitive on nationals and other events and I simply dont wanna get myself beaten upside down at 3DS nationals.

I appreciate any advice or information and experiences. Furthermore can anybody help me out telling me how to get enough points to qualify myself for worlds? Am I right when I say, laddering + nationals + other events? Is it too late already trying to qualify myself especially since I have to soft-reset / breed everything?

Thanks in advance :)

I know that it is forbidden to talk about hacked pokemon in here but I have a serious issue concerning this cause a bit.
I'm new to the ORAS games since I got mine 1-2 weeks ago. I wanna take part in the national championships in may in my country by using only breeded / soft-resettet pokemon.
While trying to fight on the ladder is it true that I have to assume to face hacked pokemon around 90% of the time? If yes, is there any chance to win when I only get breeded / soft-resetted pokemon?
What if I'm getting a legally stat pokemon by wondertrade trying to play that (assuming it has the blue pentathingie which means it is legally playable). How can I even check / notice by myself that this thing is / was hacked? It'll be a shame if I would travel accross the county by getting DQ'ed by only that kinda thing....
....another thing: I'm interested in ur thoughts & experiences. Anybody can tell me how well they fare in the ladder? I assume that is quite hard, when all the top notch players are using hacked pokemon and stuff...I even read that some really well-known pro was playing a hacked pokemon at world championships and it even didn't mattered.

You know I've been playing TCGs of all kinds for like 15 - 20 years competitive on nationals and other events and I simply dont wanna get myself beaten upside down at 3DS nationals.

I appreciate any advice or information and experiences. Furthermore can anybody help me out telling me how to get enough points to qualify myself for worlds? Am I right when I say, laddering + nationals + other events? Is it too late already trying to qualify myself especially since I have to soft-reset / breed everything?

There's a section dedicated on the forum that teaches you how to spot Hacked Pokemon, click http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/read-me-tips-for-simple-hack-checks.3498670/ for more on this!

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

The hacked pokemon used on battle spot or at real life events are virtually indistinguishable from legit bred/caught pokemon. The only thing hacking does is speed up the process of obtaining them. They don't give any special advantage.

If you need something that's difficult to obtain, such as a legendary pokemon with a certain hidden power, check the wifi section of the forums - people do a lot of giveaways there.

The only pokemon I would be skeptical about using is a Telepathy Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. There's been some issues at real life events with them and the hack checker they use.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Does Musharna's Synchrpnoise effect Dark Void? If so does it double bac k at both of the opponents or just Smeargle?

Hi guys! Simple question:I am currently running a yveltal dark spam team,so I would like to ask you what can be the worst matchups that these teams can encounter on their paths (a part xerneas of course),what mons can really put dark spam in a difficult situation.
Thank you!

Good question
looking at usage, yache berry seems to be the next best thing, although lum berry seems to be relevant for smeargle etc, ideally if sash and life orb are both taken assault vest would probably be best for landorus-t
Couple of questions
Why do you want protect on landorus-t?
What are your LO/sash mons?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Good question
looking at usage, yache berry seems to be the next best thing, although lum berry seems to be relevant for smeargle etc, ideally if sash and life orb are both taken assault vest would probably be best for landorus-t
Couple of questions
Why do you want protect on landorus-t?
What are your LO/sash mons?
I'm toying around with Psynergy 's xern+ray team, which has LO ray, xern, weavile, lando, talonflame, and amoonguss. I put a sash on the weavile. Weavile and talonflame don't have protect, and I'm not sure what lando's item or moveset was. I'm not terribly comfortable with having only three mons with protect, especially since every team is carrying one or two ice moves.

Lum is also a great idea.

Is the only reason to use Talonflame over Crobat more offensive presence and Gale Wings? I think that Crobats typing is nice for Xerneas, among others.

Is the only reason to use Talonflame over Crobat more offensive presence and Gale Wings? I think that Crobats typing is nice for Xerneas, among others.
Offensive presence and Gale Wings is indeed one of the most important reasons people have to pick it over Crobat. Gale Wings is especially nice to hit Xerneas that have gotten up one Geomancy. And also, Talonflame also has a good defensive typing for Xerneas, since Fire resists Fairy, and on top of that it also has good defensive matchup against Primal Groudon that don't run Rock-coverage.

Offensive presence and Gale Wings is indeed one of the most important reasons people have to pick it over Crobat. Gale Wings is especially nice to hit Xerneas that have gotten up one Geomancy. And also, Talonflame also has a good defensive typing for Xerneas, since Fire resists Fairy, and on top of that it also has good defensive matchup against Primal Groudon that don't run Rock-coverage.
So in general is Talonflame better? Crobat's Inner Focus is nice, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)