Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Allow me to offer my two cents on the difficult missions of card 3.

The Throh one does indeed require good Prank luck (if you don't plan to spend any Jewels), and it is preferable to throw a Moves +5 in there. The team I used was Mega Aerodactyl, Gliscor, Toxicroak, and Mr. Mime (max/5/2/2), and it took me a bunch of tries just to get the luck I needed.

As for the MMY challenge, I did do it on the MMY stage and not Mewtwo EX, and I used a team of Mega Steelix, Darkrai, Genesect, and Palkia (all max) and ended up with 3 moves left on my first try, using Sleep Charm to provide ample opportunity to Mega Evolve Steelix before the block spam. (Steelix > Aero for blocks unless there are rocks as well; Steelix gets +100 damage per block erased while Aero only gets +50.) Palkia might be replaceable; I just wanted the utility of removing barriers because I only remembered before starting the stage that there were blocks and barriers.

Allow me to offer my two cents on the difficult missions of card 3.

The Throh one does indeed require good Prank luck (if you don't plan to spend any Jewels), and it is preferable to throw a Moves +5 in there. The team I used was Mega Aerodactyl, Gliscor, Toxicroak, and Mr. Mime (max/5/2/2), and it took me a bunch of tries just to get the luck I needed.

As for the MMY challenge, I did do it on the MMY stage and not Mewtwo EX, and I used a team of Mega Steelix, Darkrai, Genesect, and Palkia (all max) and ended up with 3 moves left on my first try, using Sleep Charm to provide ample opportunity to Mega Evolve Steelix before the block spam. (Steelix > Aero for blocks unless there are rocks as well; Steelix gets +100 damage per block erased while Aero only gets +50.) Palkia might be replaceable; I just wanted the utility of removing barriers because I only remembered before starting the stage that there were blocks and barriers.
I'm doing it with Mega Aero, Pupitar, Sneasel, Mr Mime. 2 Prank mons and a Mega Boost to get Aerodactyl evolved faster. It is based on Prank luck, but for the Speed Up I'd say it's worth it.

Also a note if you don't mind losing coins on the Weekend Meowth mission. I've heard Aerodactyl can remove the coins and it'll count for the mission even if you don't earn anything for them. Would essentially require you to trigger Aerodactyl ~10 times assuming no coin matches from the skyfall or "disruptions" the Meowth makes

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I ended up beating Mewtwo EX stage for the itemless challenge, took me a couple of tries but it was more than possible to do.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
The noivern event ends in 3days, is it a powerful Pokémon? Should I focus on catching it?
It's a good flying type specially for skyblast teams if you need the raw power although the ability is pretty niche it could be useful at some point.

Victini is every Saturday on 3DS, not on Mobile ?

Working on the 3rd card mission ! Managed to get 100 coins deleted on Meowth Stage using a Mega Start (free from other Card mission) + 5 turns using Mega Mewtwo + Psychic team (Quirky+/Quirky) but in fact I only match Mega Mewtwo IIRC ... Quirky never really helped me (So I'm probably lucky) ... I will try later the others missions (On Chimecho the 20 precise links + at least 100 links) and the last missions the next week (depends on Tuesday update)

I tried Absolite, managed to rank around 2000th place with my weak team, not too bad I guess ... But Mega Turbo is out of range for me :)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Using my 2.5k to proudly announce that I have obtained Gliscor in Pokémon Shuffle! Because hey, what is better than throwing away a milestone post on a favourite mon catch in a freemium game? i dont do shoutouts so no shoutouts

I used Itemless Mega Venusaur + Omastar + Tactical Jewel strategies as well as three Great Balls on a Super Catch Power to finally bag the beast and am now raising it.

As for the 100 Coins challenge? I reverted to status quo Mega Ray + three Quirky+ Pokémon after finding out that MAero coin clears do not count towards the 100 coins. And I had a bad run at Meowth, only gaining 5100 coins for a 2300 coin profit. Yet it did not matter as I somehow managed to meet the objective anyway so yay me.

Back to grinding I suppose and probably a bit more S-Ranking. Also if some Mobile image is to be believed, we are getting Angry Pikachu (Base 50 Electric-type w/ Super Bolt) and Zygarde 10% (Base 50 Dragon-type w/ Mega Boost+) next Tuesday. Also Mega Sceptile in the future with some combo-conducive effect (no idea if MMY Clone or MMX Clone) and the same speed and speedup count as the other Hoenn Starters, but that is TBC.

What team did you bring against MMY for the challenge?
Super belated but I just used Mega Gengar optimise (Mega Gengar/Darkrai/Genesect/Giratina) for that challenge.

Congratz for your Gliscor and the 2500th post !

Chimecho is killing me ... I managed 4 times to have 21 combos (three times) and 19 combo (once) grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Zygarde forme being released before an official game is ridiculous ahaha :D

I did it! I got the Noivern! Ended up using a mega start but I got it without using a great ball! I used a team of Megaeye(lv7!), Zapdos (lv 4), Articuno(lv 6) and a flaffy(lv irrelevant). Next challenge is the safari!
While, the large prices of items is annoying, this game is really fun. Getting 2 hearts after every class feels like I'm being rewarded for putting up with the University.

Finally got 20 links on Chimecho : I removed Gengar for a powerful Pokemon (Reshiram in my case) + Chimecho + Preevo, because Mega Gengar is too broken ...

I need now to test the Throh and MMewtwo (or regular Mewtwo) challenge ... But let's wait the new events

Finally got 20 links on Chimecho : I removed Gengar for a powerful Pokemon (Reshiram in my case) + Chimecho + Preevo, because Mega Gengar is too broken ...

I need now to test the Throh and MMewtwo (or regular Mewtwo) challenge ... But let's wait the new events
For some tips, I managed Throh's using the team I posted above (2 Prank users, 1 NVE and 1 SE, Mega Aero, and Pupitar for Mega Boost). Takes a few attempts, but nothing I found frustrating, and if you're coin grinding it's not too expensive overall.

For Mewtwo, I used Absol and have also seen recommendations for Mega Steelix because of all the blocks. Darkrai is a fantastic support if you can proc Sleep Charm for MMY.

Thanks for the tip,
I will probaby use a Jewel and a 5 turns move (probably the 1st April, when I will buy the Jewels for the bonus)
I will try Mega-Absol ASAP I get the Absolite this Tuesday ;)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
What was did Ditto glitch? Did it match with any Pokémon or something?
Basically Ditto acted as a wildcard which allowed it to match with anything including blocks (so Swampert Ditto Swampert results in a match for example), which is mainly burrowed from Trozei mechanics. It has never been released but hackers used Ditto teams to post scores in competitions no normal player could ever hope to achieve without the use of hacking. The offending would be relegated to last place by Genius Sonority before the end of a competition but it had a tendency to be a nuisance towards players, especially those on the bubble for a specific prize in competitions in that they do not know if they will get it or not.

By fixing Ditto, it now means that GS can release Ditto without any worry that the competitions become uncompetitive (and to an extent, challenges become extremely trivial to the point that it would defeat the whole purpose of the game's F2P model) because of such a wildcard.

Basically Ditto acted as a wildcard which allowed it to match with anything including blocks (so Swampert Ditto Swampert results in a match for example), which is mainly burrowed from Trozei mechanics. It has never been released but hackers used Ditto teams to post scores in competitions no normal player could ever hope to achieve without the use of hacking. The offending would be relegated to last place by Genius Sonority before the end of a competition but it had a tendency to be a nuisance towards players, especially those on the bubble for a specific prize in competitions in that they do not know if they will get it or not.

By fixing Ditto, it now means that GS can release Ditto without any worry that the competitions become uncompetitive (and to an extent, challenges become extremely trivial to the point that it would defeat the whole purpose of the game's F2P model) because of such a wildcard.
Ditto will be useless now though. They should've at least made it a wild card for normal types...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Ditto will be useless now though. They should've at least made it a wild card for normal types...
Ehhh even if it were made a wildcard for Normal-types it would still be too good simply because of Arceus (an occasional event mon), whose Double Normal Ability multiplies the damage from Normal types by 2.5× for the combo duration, and the presence of Ditto would allow the combo to last significantly longer in turn-based / be much easier to maintain in time-based. Sure Double Normal has consistency issues of its own but it just makes a potent albeit highly skill-based team archetype pretty much mindless and still trivialising; defeating the purpose of annoying players to no end into making them fork out money for items to progress. As much as it would be nice to see Ditto have some niche, the wildcard trait in practice is just way too good and trivialising to even restrict it to a specific type.

Ehhh even if it were made a wildcard for Normal-types it would still be too good simply because of Arceus (an occasional event mon), whose Double Normal Ability multiplies the damage from Normal types by 2.5× for the combo duration, and the presence of Ditto would allow the combo to last significantly longer in turn-based / be much easier to maintain in time-based. Sure Double Normal has consistency issues of its own but it just makes a potent albeit highly skill-based team archetype pretty much mindless and still trivialising; defeating the purpose of annoying players to no end into making them fork out money for items to progress. As much as it would be nice to see Ditto have some niche, the wildcard trait in practice is just way too good and trivialising to even restrict it to a specific type.
Yeah, makes you wonder what they were thinking when they coded in Ditto.
On an unrelated note, "Bonsly will be super-effective against Charizard! Catch it and bring it with you!" lol yeah sure.

MAWILITE GET! Used Lucario7, Hawlucha6, Charizard3 and Megaeye7.
Of course I then went and lost against Throh of all Pokémon, but progress is progress.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Okay for 3DS Version this update:
  • Zygarde 10% Great Challenge (Base 50 Dragon-type w/ Mega Boost+).
  • Another new Safari with the following:
    • Cleffa (Base 30 Fairy-type w/ Mega Boost) ~ 37% Encounter Rate.
    • Clefairy (Base 50 Fairy-type w/ Crowd Control) ~ 15% Encounter Rate.
    • Clefable (Base 60 Fairy-type w/ Pixie Power) ~ 11% Encounter Rate.
    • Spring Deerling (Base 50 Grass-type w/ Eject) ~ 25% Encounter Rate.
    • Spring Sawsbuck (Base 60 Grass-type w/ Block Smash) ~ 10% Encounter Rate.
    • Angry Pikachu (Base 50 Electric-type w/ Super Bolt) ~ 2% Encounter Rate.
  • Kyogre Returns.
  • Ho-Oh Returns.
  • Lugia Returns.
  • Tepig Returns.
  • Daily Pokémon #2 Returns (Pachirisu, Sigilyph, Tropius, Farfetch'd, Druddigon).
In the future:
  • Pignite returns on Friday. Lasts until April 19th.
  • Emboar returns next Tuesday. Lasts until April 19th.
  • Groudon returns next Tuesday. Lasts until April 19th.
  • Tornadus once a day returns next Tuesday. Lasts until April 12th.
  • Mega Sceptile competition next Tuesday. It is unsurprisingly a clone of Mega Blaziken and Mega Swampert (12 Icons, 3 Speedups, replaces three Grass-types with it on matching). Lasts until April 12th. The other thing to note that this will be that Fast Match format done on Mobile (i.e. Turn-Based but increased DMG if you match fast enough).
EDIT: Forgot Tornadus.

Last edited:
YEEEES so much old pokemon come back ! Yay ! It probably means that Groudon is next :) Soooo happpy :)

You forget Lugia come back too Random !

Got Absolite too :)

Note for the Angry Pikachu stage

The Angry Pikachu is a Puzzle stage that ignores your mons (Poison is the "Magic" type now). The key move is take the top most Pikachu icon (Column C, Row 2) and drag it to the bottom and match 5 with frozen Pikachus. The collapse should clear the stage in one move and get you a 36% catch rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)