Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Data post fully updated with encounter rates, mon datas, and all future events this update.

As for me, I have done all the new events already—even the Safari—as well as got the returning things I did not get first time around. For the competition I finished 47th in EU which is easily my best performance. Zygarde 10% was really annoying and I only barely beat it with just a Mega Start. Got it in a Poké Ball at the base 10% though so yeah, back to Meowth until tomorrow's Daily Pokémon.

Congratz Random, you were fast :) And very good to perform a such high score in Absolite competition ! :)
It seems that Cleffa is a gold stage !

I'm so happy with all the repeats, yay !

Caught Lugia, Ho-oH, Kyogre, Pachirisu, Tepig and Zygarde 10%

Zygarde was realllllly tough ! Don't bring Mega Sableye like asked, it's useless, better use another Mega (Charizard, Glalie, Rayquaza without Dragons etc...). I had to use a Double Damage to catch it !

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
GUYS. Most important: 3DS matches mobile!! One jewel = Three Meowth replays on weekends. Soooooooo happy about this! :')

And Mobile's Meowth stage no longer disrupts rocks, so good news all around.

I'm over 90k so once I knock off the Safari and Zygarde... I dunno, Survival Mode? I flamed out on stage 12 in an itemless run last time, and everything I want to use ever is already at a usable level.

Managed to catch both Deerling and Clefable without issue, but decided to let Cleffa go.
Hope I run into Pikachu soon.
Caught Lugia too!
Also, a heads-up to all the shuffle mobile users, the game appears to be glitched. It also apparently does funny things to the Meowth stage.

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Mobile User here
Nabbed Kyogre, Pachirisu and Tepig
Kyogre is actually pretty easy ngl

There was like a month-long gap where i wasn't able to play Shuffle, did I miss an update where all legendary battles cost coins instead of double hearts now?

Caught Sigilipih & Angry Pikachu !

Safari finiiiiished ! Now I need to farm some gold and at least put Kyogre / Ho-oh / Lugia and the others Pokemon to level 5

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
And Mobile's Meowth stage no longer disrupts rocks, so good news all around.

I'm over 90k so once I knock off the Safari and Zygarde... I dunno, Survival Mode? I flamed out on stage 12 in an itemless run last time, and everything I want to use ever is already at a usable level.
Sadly the mobile meowth "update" was just a slip from the devs copy/pasting stuff from the 3DS version (again) and the rocks are back as of now.

Caught Farfetch'd, Tropius, Pignite !

I'm around 70K gold so I will farm until 99K ... Is it cost efficient to use 1.5* EXP on Ampharos Stage for 300 gold ?

Thanks

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

GLITCH FOR 99 MOVES SURVIVAL MODE

MAKE SURE YOU PICK OUT THE MONS YOU WANT FOR SURVIVAL MODE BEFOREHAND

1. go to ex stages
2. mash scrolling through stages and during it press the survival mode option
3. hear the survival mode sound
4. if no survival mode screen pops up, then the glitch has taken effect, if not go back to step 1.
5. if glitch has taken effect, go do the absol stage as normal and then when you clear it, youll go to stage 2 with 99 moves. enjoy friends before this gets patched

Reactions: JES

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I just did the glitch a while ago and managed to complete survival mode for the first time. Just a question is it normal that survival mode doesn't ever include the C-1 in the available items? Because that could be a side effect of this trick... not that it's needed though as DD is OP as fuck doing this.

What team are you using for Survival ?

MegaGar + which pokemon ? I tried MGar Reshiram Landorus Machamp (nice coverage type and still strong for Mega Mawile + Mega Glalie) but I ended at level 30 :x

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I used M-Ray (max candies) along with Garchomp, Reshiram and Giratina. Ground and Fire provide nice coverage against steel types while Ghost is neutral to almost everything while hitting ectremely hard on psychic and ghost types with power of 4+

Like we knew, Emboar (and Pignite last Friday), Tornadus and Groudon make a come back ! (All caught !)

Sceptilite competition is UP !

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
The new multiplier for fast matches is actually absurd, an extra x1.5 multiplier for your whole combo on top of Pyre or Sky Blast with Max Speedup Rayquaza who's the best Mega at forming and maintaining combos makes it way too easy to get insane scores if you're fast. I actually am currently in 5th with a score of about 108k and first place is about 20k above second and 40k above me. Now I got this score with Pyre which only has a x1.2 multiplier. If I had remembered about Sky Blast and it's x2 multiplier that score could've been well above the current first place 140k.

Last edited:
How does the Fast Match really work ? You have to do the match very fast, but in how many seconds ? Do you notice it (I can't test it right now) ?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I think I read on reddit that the window for the fast match to happen is around 4 seconds

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah it's roughly 3-4 seconds.

Anyhow I finally did it. I finally caught up and S-Ranked (and caught) all the main stage Pokémon. It was an expensive exercise sure but it's worth it to finally catch up... just in time for the inevitable new set of main stages next Tuesday if they are coming next Tuesday. As for Mega Sceptile competition my best attempt was 71.3k with bog standard Mega Gengar Sky Blast. I can get what they are trying to achieve with Fast Match (reward fast thinking without being chaotic) but ehhhh...

Anyhow I am grinding and attempting to catch all the EX Stage Pokémon I have not captured yet which will probably prove to be just as annoying. Also I love how they gave Arcanine stage the Legendary BGM given it's Pokédex class as the Legendary Pokémon... Another sign of GS paying attention to the main series and its canon.

I've bought Jewels this month for the first time to get the bonus and the 7 hearts limits (yay for not having to check my 3DS every 2.5 hours :D) and I bought some hearts and finally rushing that long Roseus Center (60 stages omg !) and I got Mega Rayquazaaaaa ! Finally ! Of course I have only 4 candies, but it's something !

If new stages arrive on Tuesday ... I will be once again so late :( And only 225 s-ranks of the first 300 stages

And I have to test of course Sceptilite competitition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)