Fire Emblem Fates

Shoutouts to Revelation ch24 for being a poorly designed stealth mission that doesn't really ever clearly tell the player that there is a reward for a stealth clear or give any indication of what the rules to the stealth clear are, which locks a pair of boots behind all that bullshit. Other than this dumb hiccup, revelation lunatic using generics only is going pretty well, the generics are stronger than I expected and the last half of revelation lunatic seems weirdly easy.

Also shoutouts to everyone I see online with aptitude on non-mozu first gen characters, which is completely unobtainable, and also the more obvious hackers who have unreleased dlc stuff etc.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Shoutouts to Revelation ch24 for being a poorly designed stealth mission that doesn't really ever clearly tell the player that there is a reward for a stealth clear or give any indication of what the rules to the stealth clear are, which locks a pair of boots behind all that bullshit. Other than this dumb hiccup, revelation lunatic using generics only is going pretty well, the generics are stronger than I expected and the last half of revelation lunatic seems weirdly easy.

Also shoutouts to everyone I see online with aptitude on non-mozu first gen characters, which is completely unobtainable, and also the more obvious hackers who have unreleased dlc stuff etc.
powersaves can put any ability on any character, also you can visit castles to inherit skills from possibly cheated skill sets. i actually visit castles quite a bit because it acts as an alternate way of boosting your supports.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Beat Conquest this week. The final few chapters were pretty rough. I don't envy anyone who cannot or decides not to Rescue/Pass skip the final chapter.

I just started Birthright, and it's pretty chill by comparison. I do miss Conquest's crazy map designs and having to check every unit for skills their classes shouldn't have, but so far, the exposition is much better, and the story is way more cohesive. Not sure if I'll end up buying Revelations or just look up the story/supports, although it's a bit early for me to decide. For anyone who has it, how does it stack up, particularly gameplay-wise? Worth it or nah?

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
hey, I recently finished Birthright and went immediately into Conquest right after (both being Normal/Casual) and damn, the difficulty skyrockets a ton. Benny and Effie are my saviors at the moment since they can tank everything. I don't have enough money for the Revelations path, but after I finish my current file for Conquest I'll probably attempt Birthright on Normal/Classic (and there's a couple things I'd want to do differently):

I had no clue that Kaze would end up dying and was not prepared to lose him, so I ended up wasting a lot of time trying to grind him up instead of Saizo / Kagero. I believe there are ways to prevent the death from happening, but I'm not too sure yet. If I were to dive into Classic mode, I'd want to keep as many characters as I can.

marrying Azura (in Birthright) seemed like a good idea at first but Songstresses only get Naginata proficiency of C and a Steel one can only get you so far :( I had my alternate class as Knight, so I turned her into a General with Partner seal or whatever for a short while but ended up changing back since the singing was waaaay more useful.

Any general tips for Classic mode in general? I've only played through Awakening once and Birthright / my current Conquest file, so I'm not exactly a professional and still tend to make silly mistakes that cause characters to die in vain.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Not sure if I'll end up buying Revelations or just look up the story/supports, although it's a bit early for me to decide. For anyone who has it, how does it stack up, particularly gameplay-wise? Worth it or nah?
I say worth it, the difficultly is not hard nor easy, and seeing Hosidians and Nohrians interact with each other in person is more fun than looking it up online. Same with the story, it's fun to have the experience in your game than just looking it up.

GoodMorningEspeon
I think Kaze needs an A-Support with your avatar in order to save him.

Has anyone played the new DLC? Since I played Awakening 3 times (2 runs being Classic), I loved seeing Owain, Inigo, and Severa again.

Are there any rewards for beating the game I don't know about? Asking because I've finished my revelation lunatic generics only run (generic berserkers are godlike), but the undub patch I'm using causes consistent crashes trying to load the audio file for the final boss' death animation. You can't even save after the final chapter and there's not a higher difficulty to unlock. If there's not anything I'll just watch the lame cheesy ending on youtube and not bother going through the hassle of removing the patch.

Are there any rewards for beating the game I don't know about? Asking because I've finished my revelation lunatic generics only run (generic berserkers are godlike), but the undub patch I'm using causes consistent crashes trying to load the audio file for the final boss' death animation. You can't even save after the final chapter and there's not a higher difficulty to unlock. If there's not anything I'll just watch the lame cheesy ending on youtube and not bother going through the hassle of removing the patch.
Well, you unlock the videos for the Records Hall. Also, I know for Conquest and Birthright, you unlock new units to replace Felicia/Jakob as the person you buy/upgrade buildings from. In my Revelations castle, I currently have a Faceless running my castle.

Beat Conquest this week. The final few chapters were pretty rough. I don't envy anyone who cannot or decides not to Rescue/Pass skip the final chapter.

I just started Birthright, and it's pretty chill by comparison. I do miss Conquest's crazy map designs and having to check every unit for skills their classes shouldn't have, but so far, the exposition is much better, and the story is way more cohesive. Not sure if I'll end up buying Revelations or just look up the story/supports, although it's a bit early for me to decide. For anyone who has it, how does it stack up, particularly gameplay-wise? Worth it or nah?
The maps are more complex than birthright and less complex than Conquest. Basically just hard enough to create tight skirmishes in a lot of places but usually giving you a lot of breathing room in between them. I'd say it's probably worth it.

I finished hard Conquest yesterday and the final level was just as much of a step up as everything else was, really cool stuff. I didn't realize you could rescue cheeze it but I just looked that up and it was interesting. Definitely going for lunatic on all three now, mostly to use the other games as a break before returning to conquest. If lunatic is just as trying compared to hard as hard was compared to normal, I'm really looking forward to it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Got Birthright a few days ago and have been having a good time. I haven't bothered any min-maxing parents since I'm playing Casual Standard and just hooked up whoever I felt fit. Currently have Corrin x Azura, Silas x Felicia, and some other couple I can't remember the names of.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I haven't played it myself but the things I've heard about it have ranged from "it's pretty decent" to "a waste of 20 bucks." Assuming you're playing Lunatic, the unit balance is pretty terrible since most units don't have proper scaling for adjusted join times. Aside from Royals, other prepromotes, and a handful of others (Silas, Hana, Kagero, beastkin) most of the cast is actually unviable on Lunatic (ex: Odin is ORKOed by most of the enemies in his join chapter) which is pretty sad. The first few maps are also tedious since you have a tiny team with only really Corrin to funnel EXP into, it takes the Awakening approach to difficulty by inflating stats rather than skills, and the Ryoma + Xander dream team makes a lot of maps surprisingly easy. Good things I've heard include cross-route supports and having everybody + plenty of resources for building PvP teams. The plot is meh, but it's kind of meh in all 3 games so there is that.

Still probably worth trying it yourself, though gameplay wise its definitely not as good as Conquest and reviews on whether or not it is better than Birthright have been mixed.

Ryouma's paralogue is some Final Fantasy Tactics rooftop level crap. Green unit that you have to save who starts far away from you and suicides into enemies and dies on the second turn (or first if he gets critted) and where you can't take a step forward without getting dogpiled by overleveled Sorcerers and Berserkers. I'm not sure how you're even supposed to beat it without a Rescue staff.

Actually, the leveling for enemies in Paralogues has been kind of weird overall, I'm on ch23 of the story which has level 8-10 promoted enemies but the last two paralogues have actually had promoted enemies all the way up to level 20, which is a little much for the nonpromoted characters joining in said paralogues, at least on paper.

Ryouma's paralogue is some Final Fantasy Tactics rooftop level crap. Green unit that you have to save who starts far away from you and suicides into enemies and dies on the second turn (or first if he gets critted) and where you can't take a step forward without getting dogpiled by overleveled Sorcerers and Berserkers. I'm not sure how you're even supposed to beat it without a Rescue staff.

Actually, the leveling for enemies in Paralogues has been kind of weird overall, I'm on ch23 of the story which has level 8-10 promoted enemies but the last two paralogues have actually had promoted enemies all the way up to level 20, which is a little much for the nonpromoted characters joining in said paralogues, at least on paper.
That reminds me of the bullshit with Benny's Son's Paralogue. The map is shaped like a right triangle. You're at one corner. His son, Ignatius, is on the other corner far away from you with all the enemy troops in your way. And the only way to recruit him is to talk with him with Benny. The problem is getting Benny there. There's a Shrine Maiden in the middle with a Freeze Staff too so you need like one of your fliers to rescue Benny, carry him over and around the flyer to where his son is. To make matters worse, he's being attacked by Ninjas (which of course, if you do it late enough do serious damage to him) with Dark Mages down the south of it slowly making their way to him. And you can't rescue him! Well, you can, but the goal of the chapter is to defend the spot he's on while routing the enemy so if you rescue him the enemies will just land on that spot and win.

Now THAT was an epically hard chapter. And it taught me not to wait until nearly the end of the game for the paralogues in my Birthright and Revelations playthroughs.

You can't rescue him but you can transfer the pair up immediately after talking, which lets him use his ability to his advantage. I did that chapter kinda late too and with an untrained benny to boot. It was annoying but doable.

I'll agree with the bit about Revelation join times but also mention that even if it's undesirable, that's a game where you can grind to get some people out of that pit.

You can't rescue him but you can transfer the pair up immediately after talking, which lets him use his ability to his advantage. I did that chapter kinda late too and with an untrained benny to boot. It was annoying but doable.

I'll agree with the bit about Revelation join times but also mention that even if it's undesirable, that's a game where you can grind to get some people out of that pit.
Oh yeah, that's what I did. The problem is GETTING there in time before the Ninjas killed him. I should have sent a second Flyer down there to help them out because I barely managed to survive those Dark Mages if it wasn't for a clutch hit.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Almost done with Conquest Hard/Classic. I haven't used the visiting castles ability yet and from what I've read I really don't like the design choice of letting people get skills from other castles, since it really takes away from planning out.

Most of my units have annoying combinations of skills (lots of Armored Blow, lots of Faires, Aether) and are maxed out. I'm in the process of just resetting until I get the necessary balance of luck to beat the fuck out of Iago.

Just "100%"ed Chapter 10 on Lunatic Conquest. (Beat Takumi, beat his retainers, visited all of the villages.) No grinding, no My Castle items, no Tonics.

Units deployed: Corrin, Azura, Felicia, Silas, Effie, Harold, Elise, Owain, Niles, Mozu (reclassed to Archer).

On turn 1 Mozu goes down to Ballista the Oni Savages, gets refreshed by Azura, then shoots them again. Silas pairs up with Harold (strength boost is necessary), then parks in range of two Savages but out of reach of the Ninja. Effie visits the top-right village, Owain magic missiles the Spearmen, Corrin and Felicia follow Silas, Elise heads for the top-left village, and Niles heads towards the top-right corner. Missing either of the ballista shots with Mozu on the leftmost Oni Savage was an automatic reset: Silas needed both to connect to OHKO with Iron Sword (damage on the second Savage is irrelevant since Silas gained the speed point necessary to double after leveling up from killing the first).

Turn 2 Felicia attacks the surviving Oni Chieftain, putting him in KO range for Corrin's Dragonstone. Silas then OHKOes the Ninja with Iron Lance, just barely in Oboro's range thanks to her Lunatic +1 Movement skill. Mozu shoots the cluster of Ninjas and Spearmen, then gets refreshed by Azura (who is now in range of a Pegasus Knight) and moves out of the Ninjas' attack range. Mozu is now positioned so that she can both support Severa in Attack Stance next turn after the Pegasus Knight attacks Azura, and be ready for Camilla to pair up with her so that Camilla can reach a Ninja next turn. Elise grabs 10k gold, Owain shoots the Savages on the left of the map (as long as the surviving Spearman near the house is at 13 HP or less; otherwise Owain has to shoot him to ensure Beruka can KO next turn), and Effie pairs up with Niles, who parks in range of the archers on the right. Oboro's attack on Silas is blocked by Guard Stance, she takes half her health in damage, and Silas becomes temporarily gimped. A Spearman suicides on Corrin, and the Archers suicide on Niles (usually. Sometimes Niles misses his one of his two attacks, in which case he'll retreat to use the Ballista on the Spearmen and rely on Guard Stance to survive the Archers attacking him again). Both of the partitions get broken.

Turn 3: Silas moves over to the closest Ninja on the left and Harold attacks him (sometimes Harold gets to use Iron Axe, sometimes he has to rely on sub-70% accuracy with his Hand Axe because of the Ninja's positioning. Either way, it's dicey and entirely dependent on Mozu having hit that group with the Ballista, which she usually does). Afterwards Corrin KOes Oboro with Dragonstone. Either of these attacks missing prompts a reset. Severa moves next to Mozu, takes the Brass Naginata and Heart Seal Mozu is holding, gives her her Vulnerary for Camilla to use later, then KOes the Pegasus Knight Azura damaged last turn (Bronze Sword + Mozu's Attack Stance support is a guaranteed kill). Beruka kills the surviving Spearman, then Camilla pairs with Mozu, who moves down and switches back to Camilla, who Lunges and OHKOes the last Ninja (Lunge gives Azura a space to refresh Camilla). Camilla does NOT visit the village after being refreshed, but instead zips down towards the left boat, as she is going to be the one taking down Takumi. That's right, a flying unit is going to best the wielder of the Fujin Yumi. Effie pulls back so that she's just inside the Spearman's attack range (going to attack him directly means that Niles won't make it in time to snipe a Pegasus Knight that breaks through the line, and Effie is in no danger doing this since she can afford to tank a few extra hits on account of being bulky as fuck). Elise gets close to Owain, who fireballs the Savages again. Corrin brings two Oni Savages down to 1 HP, levels up, the OHKOes the final Savage on account of the magic point he gained.

Around here the specifics break down to a blur. By this point I had the first three turns down to a science, but beyond that tended to be uncharted territory. In broad strokes, Camilla picked off enemies on the left boat, being careful not to enter the range of Takumi, Hinata, or Ninjas. Once her Guard Guage was filled (not in time to prevent Dragon Vein usage, thanks to a cowardly Spearman refusing to suicide on her), she parked behind Takumi and shipped turn without attacking. Takumi immediately attacks, has his shot blocked, then takes 23 from Camilla's Steel Axe. Next turn Camilla attacks Takumi with Steel Axe and KOes. It took two 63% hits to do it, but it finally worked. Afterwards Camilla just barely keeps herself out of Ninja range and bitch-slaps Hinata with Thunder before flying back to the defend point towards the last turns of the map, providing invaluable OHKOes along the way.

While this is going on, Corrin moves to just outside Ninja range, uses a Concoction to return to full health, and KOes the remaining Savages and a Pegasus Knight or two on enemy phase. Everyone moves out of range of the Ninjas and the Spearman with Attack Seal, Owain KOes a Savage with Thunder then a second on enemy phase, Effie cleans up the second Spearman on enemy phase. Severa reclasses into Pegasus Knight while Elise does a little bit of healing. Next turn Corrin KOes a Ninja with Dragonstone, Owain weakens the Spearman and Ninja with a fireball, then Silas kills the Ninja with Iron Lance while Beruka cleans up the Spearman. At some point after this Beruka nabs the Dual Club. After all this Corrin heads towards the righthand village while everyone else pulls back and focuses on defense. Things get dicey during the last few turns as they tend to during the last few turns of the map (Corrin is facing down two Savages and a Ninja at 9 HP with no Concoction uses left, Niles nearly dies going up against the three Archers who commandeer the right ballista, etc.). Three Freeze staff uses are expended in the last few turns; one or two of them might have been extraneous, but there was no fucking chance I was gambling on enemy AI prioritizing getting to the safe zone over attacking weakened units at this point. The relief I felt on the last turn when I realized that all I had to do was move my units (excluding Camilla and Niles, who were in no danger of being KOed) was enormous.

So is it worth it to kill Takumi on this map? If you're the kind that feels you didn't really "beat the map" without doing that, then sure. If not, then not on your fucking life holy shit fuck that guy

Last edited:
continuing further into the story changed the aforementioned Paralogue party member from always dying on the second turn to always dying on the first turn, so I said screw it and switched the difficulty to Casual and did an aggressive Rescue strategy only to have a run where everything went right and nobody died. Huh.

in other Paralogue weirdness, the autobalancing for how late your are into the game doesn't seem to extend to bosses, so on Kanna's paralogue I fought a bunch of lv20 Swordmasters with capped speed only for the boss (also lv20) to only have a measly 26 and otherwise worse stats as well.

anyways, beat Birthright. It was alright but I already feel kind of iffy on whether or not I'll want to start the entire game over a third time. I feel like if IS wanted to do an epic 3-game series, it would've been cooler to do something along the lines of FE10 where you could combine units from your previous campaigns and re-introduce a third tier or whatever.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So is it worth it to kill Takumi on this map? If you're the kind that feels you didn't really "beat the map" without doing that, then sure. If not, then not on your fucking life holy shit fuck that guy
The only reason to do it is to prevent him from using the Dragon Vein, that or EXP + street cred. Nice strategy though, were you using +Mag Corrin? I think the part I find the most interesting is the lack of Tonics - I relied on them quite a bit in my Conquest playthrough.

anyways, beat Birthright. It was alright but I already feel kind of iffy on whether or not I'll want to start the entire game over a third time. I feel like if IS wanted to do an epic 3-game series, it would've been cooler to do something along the lines of FE10 where you could combine units from your previous campaigns and re-introduce a third tier or whatever.
Play Conquest Hard/Lunatic for sure, if you haven't. I think you'll find it a much more satisfying challenge than Birthright. The two games play very differently and Conquest has some really crazy and fun maps.

Speaking of which, I finally beat Conquest Lunatic today. Only true casualty was Percy since I just didn't feel like redoing 23 again, but he was just a Rally Defense bot so not much value was lost. I echo Eo Ut Mortus's sentiments in that you pretty much have to beat Endgame within the first 2-3 turns or you will be overwhelmed and die a horrible death. Here's the overview of the two-turn strategy I used, it's not particularly original but it's fairly easy to perform once you know all the tricks:

You'll need:

-A bosskiller. Can be paired, the important thing is that they can KO Takumi by themselves, so they need to be pretty beefed up. You'll get two rounds of combat total since Takumi always acts first on EP. I used Berserker!Camillla with Trample/Axefaire/Str+2/Gamble, Rallies, Tonics, S Keaton pair-up, and some statboosters (1 Energy Drop, 1 Secret Book, 1 Boots). A Brave Axe backed by 53 Strength will do more than enough damage to mess up Takumi as long as you hit enough. Your bosskiller will need at least 35 Speed to double Takumi, which is easily attainable with Rallies, Tonics, etc. Corrin with Shadow Yato is the more common choice if they have enough Strength since Yato partially negates Dragonskin, or you can use a powerful Brave Sword user since Swords have WTA vs Bows. Brave Weapons (Sword, Axe, Lightning) generally work nicely here.
-2 Rescue staff users with Pass. Both staves need at least 1 charge left, and they should have high movement or otherwise be attached to a unit with high mov. I used Adventurer!Niles and Falcoknight!Shigure (whose dad was Niles and as such got Pass for free) Both were paired with mounted classes so I could have 9 mov on both of them.
-Azura
-1 Shelter user, I used Silas, if Silas was not used for whatever reason then Peri, Xander, and Gunter have Shelter at base so you should always have one.
-Rally bots (if needed)

This will be outlined using my units.

T1: Move everyone south as far as possible without getting in range of the Freeze Maid. Hug the left wall, Niles and Shigure are in front, followed by Azura, followed by Camilla, followed by Rallybots. Make sure your bosskiller isn't in range of the Enfeeble Maids. It doesn't matter if anyone else is Enfeebled since the bosskiller will be the only one seeing combat. You should not be in attack range of any enemies.

T2: Rallybots rally. Move Camilla as far down as possible without getting out of Azura's range. Have Azura dance them. Move Camilla two spaces south of Azura. Have Silas move south of Azura and Shelter. Have Xander move south of Silas, take Azura, switch to her and refresh Camilla again. Have Niles's mount partner move as far down as possible (the path I took didn't require Pass), switch to Niles and Rescue Shigure. Have Shigure (this does require Pass) move as far down as possible and Rescue Camilla. Thanks to the Boots, Camilla has exactly enough movement to reach Takumi and proceeds to bash his head in.

This could be explained better but that's the gist of it. 1-turns are possible with a similar strategy if your bosskiller is also in a mounted class, I think. I'm not sure how you would do this chapter without 2 Rescue staves lol. Maybe you'd have to rely on Entrap/Freeze shenanigans?

Conquest was really good overall, the plot is mostly wasted potential but the gameplay is very good and it's the most fun I had playing Fire Emblem in awhile. Will be starting Birthright Lunatic soonish, probably gonna be boring in comparison but we shall see!

Last edited:

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm not sure how you would do this chapter without 2 Rescue staves lol. Maybe you'd have to rely on Entrap/Freeze shenanigans?
Due to my lack of foresight, I only had one Rescue staff with one charge left by the time endgame hit. I also didn't have anyone strong enough ORKO the boss. Throughout the game, I was trying my hardest to make Camilla unviable through lack of use, (it didn't work, by the way: she got Trample during Chapter 26 and somehow immediately outclassed Beruka, who'd been receiving XP all throughout), and as a result, she didn't even have A-rank for Brave Axes.

I used Entrap / Freeze a few times to make dealing with enemies more manageable, but you can't even Entrap the maids, which annoyed me. Fuck those guys. What I ended up doing was similar to your strategy, but it took a few more turns (5 turns if I remember correctly).

I fought my way up to the midpoint. Corrin was kept permanently under wraps as a pair-up bot, but everyone else was left under constant threat from Enfeeble. The power was distribute fairly evenly throughout my team, most of whom were mounted, so I figured it didn't matter who got Enfeebled on the way up. Turns out I did luck out a bit, though, because I ended up far enough away at the start of turn 4 that I needed Xander and his Boots-boosted movement to attack the boss; thankfully, he hadn't been weakened. I also lucked out in dealing with paired-up Riders since I had no actual strategy for dealing with them; I just moved into range of all of them (but not the Hexing Rod monk) and hoped I didn't suffer too many casualties. Thankfully, I suffered only one, and I was able to revive them on the subsequent turn with Biofrost.

Anyway, once I reached as far as I could, Elise runs up and Enfeebles the boss. One of my Falcoknights Rescues Corrin (whom I reclassed to Great Knight this chapter just for +2 Str), who attacks the boss. Next, Xander with +2 move from Kaze/Boots runs as far up as possible without leaving Azura's range and gets Danced, allowing him to reach and attack the boss as well. The boss STILL isn't dead, because it dual guarded an attack. So Silas Shelters Azura, Camilla flies two tiles ahead of them, and someone else transfers Azura and Dances Camilla. The boss dies on her first hit, although Camilla could've survived the first boss attack even with her weakness and finished it off with her next attack, which would've been necessary had I not procced Dragon Fang earlier. Shelter + Double Dance was my MVP in these last few chapters.
Also, I was almost convinced that Xander was Conquest's best character over Camilla (excluding Corrin), but your write-up is making me reconsider. Trample is just too good. And unless I'm feeling exceptionally masochistic, I will probably be using some variant of your Endgame strategy in future playthroughs.

Congrats on beating Conquest! Birthright is tending to be a bit too Rout-heavy for my tastes, but on the bright side, the story is handled way better. There's actually a reasonable amount of exposition, for one; it's leading me to believe that Conquest was written based on the assumption that the player has played Birthright first. I'm still reserving judgment on how everything is resolved, though. Nonetheless, given the currently better plot and how easier it is to generate supports, I find that Birthright makes for a much better experience story-wise.

were you using +Mag Corrin? I think the part I find the most interesting is the lack of Tonics - I relied on them quite a bit in my Conquest playthrough.
Yeah, +Mag -Lck Cavalier Corrin. Supposedly the payoff is a very good Levin Sword-wielding Paladin, but even as a base Lord I think +Mag is better than +Str on Lunatic. Dragonstone is clutch and I find myself using it far, far more often than Yato, since the defense is handy and Corrin isn't fast enough to consistently double.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Due to my lack of foresight, I only had one Rescue staff with one charge left by the time endgame hit. I also didn't have anyone strong enough ORKO the boss. Throughout the game, I was trying my hardest to make Camilla unviable through lack of use, (it didn't work, by the way: she got Trample during Chapter 26 and somehow immediately outclassed Beruka, who'd been receiving XP all throughout), and as a result, she didn't even have A-rank for Brave Axes.

I used Entrap / Freeze a few times to make dealing with enemies more manageable, but you can't even Entrap the maids, which annoyed me. Fuck those guys. What I ended up doing was similar to your strategy, but it took a few more turns (5 turns if I remember correctly).

I fought my way up to the midpoint. Corrin was kept permanently under wraps as a pair-up bot, but everyone else was left under constant threat from Enfeeble. The power was distribute fairly evenly throughout my team, most of whom were mounted, so I figured it didn't matter who got Enfeebled on the way up. Turns out I did luck out a bit, though, because I ended up far enough away at the start of turn 4 that I needed Xander and his Boots-boosted movement to attack the boss; thankfully, he hadn't been weakened. I also lucked out in dealing with paired-up Riders since I had no actual strategy for dealing with them; I just moved into range of all of them (but not the Hexing Rod monk) and hoped I didn't suffer too many casualties. Thankfully, I suffered only one, and I was able to revive them on the subsequent turn with Biofrost.

Anyway, once I reached as far as I could, Elise runs up and Enfeebles the boss. One of my Falcoknights Rescues Corrin (whom I reclassed to Great Knight this chapter just for +2 Str), who attacks the boss. Next, Xander with +2 move from Kaze/Boots runs as far up as possible without leaving Azura's range and gets Danced, allowing him to reach and attack the boss as well. The boss STILL isn't dead, because it dual guarded an attack. So Silas Shelters Azura, Camilla flies two tiles ahead of them, and someone else transfers Azura and Dances Camilla. The boss dies on her first hit, although Camilla could've survived the first boss attack even with her weakness and finished it off with her next attack, which would've been necessary had I not procced Dragon Fang earlier. Shelter + Double Dance was my MVP in these last few chapters.
Also, I was almost convinced that Xander was Conquest's best character over Camilla (excluding Corrin), but your write-up is making me reconsider. Trample is just too good. And unless I'm feeling exceptionally masochistic, I will probably be using some variant of your Endgame strategy in future playthroughs.

Congrats on beating Conquest! Birthright is tending to be a bit too Rout-heavy for my tastes, but on the bright side, the story is handled way better. There's actually a reasonable amount of exposition, for one; it's leading me to believe that Conquest was written based on the assumption that the player has played Birthright first. I'm still reserving judgment on how everything is resolved, though. Nonetheless, given the currently better plot and how easier it is to generate supports, I find that Birthright makes for a much better experience story-wise.
Nice strategy, I forgot how useful Bifrost could be for potentially suicidal moves. Shame I had to blow it in Ch 26 - Shigure got offed by Sorceror reinforcements and he was vital to my endgame strategy so I obviously couldn't leave him dead.

Camilla is just too good man. Malig Knight has amazing class skills, and Cam herself has silly good bases for when she joins, great growths, a low internal level so quick EXP gain, and Axes are pretty good in Conquest. She gets even better if she can spend a few levels as a Berserker since HP+5 fixes her low base and Axefaire makes her damage output even more ridiculous. She could oneshot Master Ninjas in Ch 25 with a basic Hand Axe which was just hilarious. I honestly think she's the best unit in the game, just as good as Corrin (assuming a good build) or better. If it wasn't for low base HP and arrow weakness she would probably be OP. That being said, I actually find I appreciate her + her siblings being so good. Having a small group of really good but not quite OP units that are consistently good every playthrough gives you a cushion for planning your core team that I think the game needs. Helps keep things interesting.

I've heard better things about Birthright's plot and I'm looking forward to it. Not sure what Corrin build to use yet. I'm strongly considering +Mag again with Dark Mage secondary and going Dark Knight (bulk, horse, Yato access) because some of the scroll weapons in Birthright are ridiculous (Horse Spirit). I also appreciate the irony of using such a class when Hoshido is such an eden-like place.

Yeah, +Mag -Lck Cavalier Corrin. Supposedly the payoff is a very good Levin Sword-wielding Paladin, but even as a base Lord I think +Mag is better than +Str on Lunatic. Dragonstone is clutch and I find myself using it far, far more often than Yato, since the defense is handy and Corrin isn't fast enough to consistently double.

+Mag/-Lck Cav is good. Early Dragonstone is sooooo good though. I used Wyvern as my secondary for a potential Malig Knight reclass but never ended up taking advantage of it because Dragonstone was too useful. You might at least want to pick up Elbow Room though, free +3 damage is pretty great.

And yeah that DV on Chapter 12 is cruel lol. I used Azura to pop it since she isn't a combat unit and doesn't care but so much about the numerous debuffs.

Camilla is great, but seeing RD 2-E homaged in the last dlc reminded me that she'll never be Haar. It's also a pretty clear indication of how much the series is being held back by being handholds-only for so long.

Also yeah CQ endgame is pretty much a low turn count challenge on hard/lunatic. Other than what was already said, I found it useful to have captured generic Falcon Knights (or FK Selena/Shigure since it doesn't matter if they die in the last map) transport 3 units at a time by carrying 1 in a pairup and then rescuing another pair and dying enemy phase to keep the paired partner unit safe. Also if the rescue staff has two uses it gets sent back to the convoy so corrin can trade it to another FK to transport 3 more units, which moves a lot of people really far on turn 1 or 2.

Play Conquest Hard/Lunatic for sure, if you haven't. I think you'll find it a much more satisfying challenge than Birthright. The two games play very differently and Conquest has some really crazy and fun maps.
Yeah, just started Conquest Lunatic yesterday. I think I might bump it down to Hard though because it looks like it's going to be very difficult to play anything less than optimally and I was kind of planning on using a couple characters, like Odin, who is currently losing statwise to random Dark Mages on his join chapter (and getting one-rounded, only by an enemy in Attack Stance but regardless).

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Yeah, just started Conquest Lunatic yesterday. I think I might bump it down to Hard though because it looks like it's going to be very difficult to play anything less than optimally and I was kind of planning on using a couple characters, like Odin, who is currently losing statwise to random Dark Mages on his join chapter (and getting one-rounded, only by an enemy in Attack Stance but regardless).
Feel free to move it down, though as long as you have a good Corrin and make proper use of royals and Niles you should be ok. There are definitely some tense moments but the satisfaction of completing the map is well worth the effort. I would suggest waiting until Chapter 10 to decide as that will probably be the make or break chapter for you.

Odin has kind of meh bases and has to be fed kills to be useful however his child paralogue has some great loot and he can be good if properly trained. If you haven't beaten his join chapter yet, use Niles + servant to deal with the Dark Mages, mounted units to grab the houses (need 3/5). This is a good chapter to use a Freeze staff on (save the other until Chapter 10).

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I found that if I made Odin Nile's partner that he could pretty reliably handle all of the magic users on the enemies team in the ice village, albeit that was on hard not lunatic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)