DOU Doubles OU Spring Seasonal Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field with regards to scouting previous opponents, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) All replays for the round are in the OP because Pwne made me do it if i hosted this and it's fun for me to watch them all :)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, our commentary crew (Stratos, BLOOD TOTEM, kamikaze) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me with probably the neutral assistance from a TD, flips will be made on PS with !pick for transparency.
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round. If the banlist changes right near the end of the tour I reserve the right to keep the old banlist for the duration of the tour.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:

HOW TO SCHEDULE
^absolutely foolproof

Winner's Bracket:

SamVGC vs Level 51 | game 1 game 2 game 3
Pearl vs Dawgie | game 1 game 2 game 3
obii vs n10sit | game 1 game 2
nvakna vs Croven | game 1 game 2
checkmater75 vs miltankmilk
p2 vs Level 56 | game 1 game 2 game 3
Lohgock vs Demantoid | game 1 game 2
Stax vs Mael

Loser's Bracket:

Biosci vs TSR | game 1 game 2
n1n1 vs Chill Shadow | game 1 game 2
Kyle Ayala vs Nudisto | game 1 game 2
MrJelli vs thecrystalonix
[winner of Mishimono vs clius] vs Memoric
Yoda2798 vs deoxys speed | game 1 game 2 game 3
Vinc2612 vs Yellow Paint
SocialSocialSocial vs Stratos | game 1 game 2

Extension Deadline: Wednesday 4/6 at 11:59 PM EST
Deadline: Sunday 4/10 at 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
[03:12] SamVGC (◕‿◕✿):hi level 51
[03:13] SamVGC (◕‿◕✿):seasonals when

contacted please dont give me an activity loss

Reactions: TUO
Mael and I are asking for an extension because he couldn't make it this week. We agreed to play on Monday.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Lost, ggs. So annoyed at myself for not doubling into the Lando-T slot with Hammer Arm to catch bish, changed my mind at the last minute :[. Also lol @ P2 getting 3 freezes.

Also shoutout to anyone who helped me with testing/building w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)