Fire Emblem Fates

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Being better than a large amount of bad units isn't saying much. Xander as his competition is someone he can't compete with since xander's tankiness + lulzy 11mt sword with +4 def (better than innate aegis at least) makes him far better than leo as a whole. I mean I guess you can reclass leo to dark falcon to fix some things but that still leaves him frail as fuck (whereas dark knight is barely passable there). Ophelia's paralogue is still annoying to get to since your only good options for a good ophelia are really just elise/nyx, the latter of which is redundant and odin has a hard time getting support points with elise without blatant grinding or whatnot and even then he needs heavy favoritism.

Omega yato isn't good in all honesty. You still get the stat boosts by having it in your inventory, and its might isn't really stellar with forges or whatnot and waterwheel/braves are far better than it from an offensive standpoint and swords lack good range options since levin sword is pretty meh and kodachi just sucks. Master ninja is weak shit and debuffs aren't really that necessary when your units mostly one round ko (especially so in corrin's case), magic classes are still pretty meh. Idk what to say about birthright tbf since I just ryoma emblem'd it since he can solo the whole game once you get him. Spear master admittedly lacks guard/waterwheel but you're mostly just going for it on conquest for skills since rend heaven/quixotic are probably the most versatile skills in game. Rev final boss is a joke. Literally just an hp tank and can't really threaten your uits as a whole.

Wyvern lord is alright but definitely not a good end class since flying utility is offset by bow weakness and having a lackluster speed cap though that isn't much of an issue in revelation/birthright I suppose. Absolutely horrendous flaw in pvp though.
You can't really say Leo is worse than Xander when Leo hits Res and has an actual Res stat (Xander cannot tank Magic well at all). He comes ready to go at join time and only needs minimal investment to put in work (he caps Speed on average with just 1 Speedwing which you can easily spare), I would definitely say he is a solid unit.

Odin comes early enough to where he can be benched comfortably if you don't want to use him past unlocking Ophelia. The paralogue is still worth unlocking for the great loot.

Omega Yato is still nice for chewing through the final bosses faster (partial Dragonskin negation), though I guess it isn't required. 16 Mt is still great even with forging since you can only realistically forge +2 in a standard playthrough (maybe +3) and idt a +2 Steel Sword breaks 16 mt. You also sorely undervalue magic builds, tomes and magic weapons provide reliable 1-2 range and there are some great tomes out there (Horse Spirit, Lightning). CQ Corrin also particularly enjoys magic builds since Dragonstone is super nice early for tanking and Nohr Noble is worth staying in for its good skills.

I don't care about PvP at all lol.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You can't really say Leo is worse than Xander when Leo hits Res and has an actual Res stat (Xander cannot tank Magic well at all). He comes ready to go at join time and only needs minimal investment to put in work (he caps Speed on average with just 1 Speedwing which you can easily spare), I would definitely say he is a solid unit.

Odin comes early enough to where he can be benched comfortably if you don't want to use him past unlocking Ophelia. The paralogue is still worth unlocking for the great loot.

Omega Yato is still nice for chewing through the final bosses faster (partial Dragonskin negation), though I guess it isn't required. 16 Mt is still great even with forging since you can only realistically forge +2 in a standard playthrough (maybe +3) and idt a +2 Steel Sword breaks 16 mt. You also sorely undervalue magic builds, tomes and magic weapons provide reliable 1-2 range and there are some great tomes out there (Horse Spirit, Lightning). CQ Corrin also particularly enjoys magic builds since Dragonstone is super nice early for tanking and Nohr Noble is worth staying in for its good skills.

I don't care about PvP at all lol.
You don't have a spare speed wing at that point though. You get er 3 speed wings. Ch15 boss, Ch17 assuming saizo lives, and ch20 from staff store (10k though). Xander can't tank magic sure but the vast majority of units are physical and take a guess what xander has plenty of. Hence why xander is by far better than leo, and leo also has a far harder time actually gaining exp due to having a poor enemy phase due to low def. Minimal investment is an understatement since even though exp is abundant at that point, he's not really putting in much work that w/e trained units you have up till then would be doing worse than. He just lacks bulk/utility/power to be worthwhile in the long run. Also has redundant weapon triangle advantage with xander which isn't good.

I mean if you want to toss ophelia aside then sure that probably works. There really isn't anyone he's a good pair up fodder for as opposed to like arthur for effie or charlotte for xander.

Ch26 boss is a joke, endgame is a joke as well since they're literally just hp tanks. Not like omega yato is even necessary to low turn those chapters. If we're referencing revelation then +1 braves easily outdamage yato and money is in abundance so go figure. I'm not underestimating magic, they just have a combination of low might, shit users (bar hayato in revelation). CQ corrin doesn't need dragonstone at all though since being unable to ko anything is a waste of time and you shouldn't really be in a position bar maybe the last turn or two of chapter 10 where dragonstone might be needed, and even then routing the enemy is more efficient exp/turn wise. If pvp is disregarded, nohrian trust is essentially worthless though I suppose staying till level 5 for draconic hex is cool since it's pretty good in game.

edit: magic becomes godlike in two weeks though when the best magic class is available.

Tomes seems largely unnecessary on Corrin when you get access to the Levin Sword. The grind out of E-rank tomes is just unbearable, and none of the tomes really compare to the Levin Sword anyway. The thing about the Dragonstone is that it's strictly for the enemy phase. Corrin is cleaning up with the Levin Sword, but when I need him to draw out enemies and tank, the Dragonstone is really effective. It straight up saved my ass in ninja hell (plus i'm one shotting most mooks so I don't really need to double them anyway).

Paladin Corrin is definitely better overall, though.
The big advantage of tomes (above E rank) is critting and proc'ing skills. As a Nohr Noble with "Nohrian Trust", I'm able to load me and Ophelia with a ton of mostly random skills so I'm almost always activating something.

And really, Ophelia is best as Elise's kid due to inheriting a ridiculous magic stat allowing her to be a nuke even with just her personal tome. (By endgame I was doing in the 30s and even 40s per hit with just her personal tome and she usually doubled too).

Horse Spirit is great for Enemy Phase, but most of my mages (Corrin, Ophelia, Elise) were all Player Phase pros due to how, by Endgame, they could barely survive one hit from a physical enemy. For Enemy Phase I typically used Xander or Effie for physical units (due to their high defense) and Kaze or Felicia for magical units (due to their high resistance).

My Leo ended up mediocre, but that's mostly because Corrin was go-to magic user since he left E-Rank tomes. Leo does tend to be...bulkier than my Corrin though but due to the lower damage output than Corrin I tend to equip the Horse Spirit to him if I want to leave him out for Enemy Phase to weaken enemies just because he ended up bulkier.

I've noticed in this game that, aside from Outlaw/Ninja/Magic Classes, most enemies lack resistance so, even though Magic was nerfed, it is still VERY powerful at punching holes in the enemy. The problem with them tends to be the characters themselves now. Corrin, in all offensive builds whether physical or magical, tends to be frail, Elise and (at least my) Ophelia dies from even a weak physical breeze, Odin really can't damage much, Nyx is a nuke but can't survive any attack and has shit skill, and Leo is REALLY lacking in speed.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I haven't really found a need to crit or proc skills when I can outright ORKO most enemies. Nohrian Trust is strictly an endgame skill so it's not really relevant for most of Conquest. Also since you brought it up earlier, Felicia + Corrin > Ophelia + Corrin because Felicia's personal is godlike.

Re: Magic

Magic wasn't really nerfed, it's just that most Magic users are simply shit. The good ones (like Mag!Corrin, Ophelia and Leo) are still very effective.

Re: Xander

27 base defense + amazing 1-2 range personal weapon = lol. Camilla contributes the most overall, but Xander outright carries your team the minute you get him. There's literally no reason to compare him to anyone because Xander is God.

Re: Leo

Leo's great. His Speed is sketchy, but fixable, and his tome lets him fuck up most enemies (he's especially effective against beef enemy units like Stoneborn/Generals). He's basically just a "worse" Xander, but being a "worse" Xander in and of itself is a huge point of a praise, haha.

You don't have a spare speed wing at that point though. You get er 3 speed wings. Ch15 boss, Ch17 assuming saizo lives, and ch20 from staff store (10k though). Xander can't tank magic sure but the vast majority of units are physical and take a guess what xander has plenty of. Hence why xander is by far better than leo, and leo also has a far harder time actually gaining exp due to having a poor enemy phase due to low def. Minimal investment is an understatement since even though exp is abundant at that point, he's not really putting in much work that w/e trained units you have up till then would be doing worse than. He just lacks bulk/utility/power to be worthwhile in the long run. Also has redundant weapon triangle advantage with xander which isn't good.
Leo's base defense is 16, with 60/45/50 growths. That's far from low, especially when Tonics/Pair up are taken into account. Felicia also gives him +5 Speed which is pretty much all he needs. Fireburn is right in this case; Leo is a fairly low maintenance unit and you're actually off base on him being mediocre. A high move, strong 1-2 range (that targets Res) unit with excellent bulk can't be anything but good.

Last edited:
I haven't really found a need to crit or proc skills when I can outright ORKO most enemies. Nohrian Trust is strictly an endgame skill so it's not really relevant for most of Conquest. Also, Felicia + Corrin > Ophelia + Corrin because Felicia's personal is godlike.

Re: Magic

Magic wasn't really nerfed, most Magic users are simply shit. The good ones (like Mag!Corrin, Ophelia and Leo) are still very effective.

Re: Xander

27 base defense + amazing 1-2 range personal weapon = lol. Camilla contributes the most overall, but Xander outright carries your team the minute you get him. There's no reason to compare him to anyone because Xander is God.

Re: Leo

Leo's great. His Speed is sketchy, but fixable, and his tome lets him fuck up most enemies (he's especially effective against beef enemy units like Stoneborn/Generals). He's basically just a "worse" Xander, but being a "worse" Xander in and of itself is a huge point of a praise, haha.

Leo's base defense is 16, with 60/45/50 growths. That's far from low, especially when Tonics/Pair up are taken into account. Felicia also gives him +5 Speed which is pretty much all he needs. Fireburn is right in this case; Leo is fairly low maintenance unit and you're actually off base on him being mediocre. A high move, strong 1-2 range (that targets Res) unit with excellent bulk is ridiculously good.
I just ended up hitting level 15 with several chapters to spare since Corrin was one of the few characters that could consistently one round foes with magic so all those skills came in handy. But I feel my experience during Conquest was atypical.

But I guess my Leo got RNG screwed then considering by the end he really didn't gain much in terms of defense (I think he was around 20 Defense and 26 Resistance at level 15). I actually did pair him with Felicia because I liked their support line and thought Forrest's hair would be good with Felicia's color. It's not a bad choice either since both characters are pretty good at magic (especially when you give Felicia the Flame Shuriken or Felicia's Ice Tray). My problem is that he just constantly got overwhelmed during Enemy Phase if I would leave him in the range of even one too many enemies and he kept missing during clutch times (Paralogue 2 gives me nightmares due to it). Leo ended up being my go-to guy for "filling in extra slots" in the end due to how he was generally a good unit but just not as great as other characters.

Surprisingly my Camilla wasn't really that great either. She ended up putting a lot of work in the midgame but by the end she was pair-up fodder and ferrier for Keaton due to being "just ok" in terms of stats (I probably got screwed but neither Wyvern user was really "good" in that they kept missing when I needed them to hit, didn't do as much damage as some of the heavy hitters, and had relatively low speed compared to the rest of my army). I do have to say how much I LOVE Keaton. He's like mixing a Mercenary's solid speed (Where doubling was expected on all non-speed classes) with a General's high attack and defense. His only problem is his glaringly low resistance but as long as you don't put him in range of mages he should be fine.

Xander and Elise were the two royals that really put in work. Xander was the king of Enemy Phase and Elise was the queen of Player Phase. Xander would tank nearly every hit as long as there weren't too many mages around and Elise would consistently do 50+ damage a round in addition to being mounted.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Leo caps Speed on average with just 1 Speedwing. You can easily dump the rest into Xander if needed. There is also a 4th Speedwing in the shop if you can spare 10K gold (which you can since Conquest gives more than enough money). You can definitely spare one for him, Xander's his only true competition for them and he doesn't need all of them.

Even if he is a "worse" Xander, being worse than the 3rd best unit in the game doesn't mean he is bad lol. It's not like you have to pick one over the other, you can easily deploy both since they both require minimal investment to be great and the game gives you plenty of deployment slots. Leo at base was better than most of my trained units at combat and that was largely due to having good bulk and reliable 1-2 range that hits Res, and his one major problem in Speed is easily corrected with pairup + tonics.

Ch26 boss is a joke, endgame is a joke as well since they're literally just hp tanks. Not like omega yato is even necessary to low turn those chapters. If we're referencing revelation then +1 braves easily outdamage yato and money is in abundance so go figure. I'm not underestimating magic, they just have a combination of low might, shit users (bar hayato in revelation). CQ corrin doesn't need dragonstone at all though since being unable to ko anything is a waste of time and you shouldn't really be in a position bar maybe the last turn or two of chapter 10 where dragonstone might be needed, and even then routing the enemy is more efficient exp/turn wise. If pvp is disregarded, nohrian trust is essentially worthless though I suppose staying till level 5 for draconic hex is cool since it's pretty good in game.
Dragonstone is still immensely useful for tanking waves of dudes on EP due to the defensive boosts and is way more useful on +Mag builds where you can actually have enough power to OHKO dudes. Dragonstone+ also has sizable utility lategame since a +Mag Corrin can OHKO Wary Fighter Stoneborn in Ch 21 with it (impossible to do with any physical weapon barring forged Blessed weapons or Killer weapon crits). It's not required by any means but it's a great option still.

I never found Magic's low Mt to be a problem. Dragonstones run off Magic and have huge Mt, Horse Spirit's +3 Spd often lets you double and kill faster enemies you otherwise wouldn't have, and magic weapons have very good Mt. Mage classes in general are a bit underwhelming unless you use Leo or Nostanking Sorcerors but magic itself is still very useful.

Nohrian Trust can proc Luna from dudes like Gunter/GK Jakob which is something at least. Draconic Hex is probably the more worthwhile skill for ingame though. Nohr Noble at least has better skills than Hoshidan Noble lol.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
On the subject of tomes, has anyone else noticed how bad the Nohr Noble's tome animation is? They had to have messed that up.

I think the main issue with tomes is that their performance is almost entirely replicable with other low-investment units/strategies. Even with his low Res, Xander can reasonably deal with small clusters of mages; if there are too many, you have Kaze, who offers thieving utility, 1-2 range, and +1 mov to his support partner, or Niles, who trades 1-2 range for Capture. You're probably going to be using one of those units anyway for Locktouch, so the value of having another Res-tank in a mage diminishes.

In terms of offense, magic is useful mostly for taking out Faceless/Stoneborn in the later chapters, but the thing is, you can also just skip past them. C21 can be Camilla-rushed; in C26, you can just take the right side path (you miss out on the Spy Shuriken, which isn't that useful). And if you ever really do need Magic, there's always Corrin with Dragonstone/Levin Sword and possibly Camilla with Bolt Axe, both of whom are staple characters in Conquest.

That being said, I doubt it'd be difficult to justify Leo's inclusion on a team, but I got away without using him at all. I did use Odin (and replaced him with Ophelia when I got her), and they both pulled their weight, but not in any distinct way. Elise and Izama picked off random enemies from time. The 1-2 range perks might be more easily appreciable if the enemy 1-2 rangers weren't mostly Res-tanks (or technically 1-4 range, hi Stoneborn). As it stands, I think tomes can be chalked up as a luxury for the most part: viable, but requiring investment, hard to quantify in usefulness, and not really a necessity. Leo being the Royal exception, of course.

If anything, I think Nosferatanking may have promise, but I'm not sure. There are definite associated costs with Nosferatu and possibly Heart Seal(s) for Vantage. I mentioned earlier in the thread I dropped 4K on an early Nosferatu and didn't get much mileage out of it, eventually ditching Odin in Chapter 22. Granted, my opinion may be colored by how much easier this strategy was to pull off in Awakening. Also, 4k might not be too bad, since I apparently just have chronic money management issues (I ended the game with 100 gold and didn't even buy any of the stat boosters). Still, I think Dark Knight is a better class to just slap on a team, especially because you get a horse out of deal.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I believe it was mentioned earlier that tomes aren't worth the hassle for Nohr Noble in Conquest, but they've worked fine for me (at least on the lowest difficulty + Casual mode). Fire was doing only a bit less than Dragonstone when it double hit with the perk of having range, plus it made a decent substitute for the Levin Sword before I could buy it.

Chapter 17 was annoying, but I got through it with only one death. I got super greedy with Camilla on the boss without providing her backup, and you can guess how that turned out. Thank goodness I'm on Casual.

Tomes themselves are good (if you could swap Strength with Magic and put them on other classes they'd be amazing) but Mages typically aren't since the archetypical FE mage tends to have low defense but high resistance, which kind of hurts the value of 1-2 range. It was neat how Awakening sort of had Dark Mages be a physically tankier class with less defense against magic, Tharja was pretty awesome with 60% in spd/mag and 45% def + good bases. Though I vaguely remember Dark Magic being generally kind of busted in Awakening anyways.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On the subject of tomes, has anyone else noticed how bad the Nohr Noble's tome animation is? They had to have messed that up.

I think the main issue with tomes is that their performance is almost entirely replicable with other low-investment units/strategies. Even with his low Res, Xander can reasonably deal with small clusters of mages; if there are too many, you have Kaze, who offers thieving utility, 1-2 range, and +1 mov to his support partner, or Niles, who trades 1-2 range for Capture. You're probably going to be using one of those units anyway for Locktouch, so the value of having another Res-tank in a mage diminishes.

In terms of offense, magic is useful mostly for taking out Faceless/Stoneborn in the later chapters, but the thing is, you can also just skip past them. C21 can be Camilla-rushed; in C26, you can just take the right side path (you miss out on the Spy Shuriken, which isn't that useful). And if you ever really do need Magic, there's always Corrin with Dragonstone/Levin Sword and possibly Camilla with Bolt Axe, both of whom are staple characters in Conquest.

That being said, I doubt it'd be difficult to justify Leo's inclusion on a team, but I got away without using him at all. I did use Odin (and replaced him with Ophelia when I got her), and they both pulled their weight, but not in any distinct way. Elise and Izama picked off random enemies from time. The 1-2 range perks might be more easily appreciable if the enemy 1-2 rangers weren't mostly Res-tanks (or technically 1-4 range, hi Stoneborn). As it stands, I think tomes can be chalked up as a luxury for the most part: viable, but requiring investment, hard to quantify in usefulness, and not really a necessity. Leo being the Royal exception, of course.

If anything, I think Nosferatanking may have promise, but I'm not sure. There are definite associated costs with Nosferatu and possibly Heart Seal(s) for Vantage. I mentioned earlier in the thread I dropped 4K on an early Nosferatu and didn't get much mileage out of it, eventually ditching Odin in Chapter 22. Granted, my opinion may be colored by how much easier this strategy was to pull off in Awakening. Also, 4k might not be too bad, since I apparently just have chronic money management issues (I ended the game with 100 gold and didn't even buy any of the stat boosters). Still, I think Dark Knight is a better class to just slap on a team, especially because you get a horse out of deal.
I can attest to nosferatanking still being really strong. Not quite as strong as in awakening but vantage nosferatu Odin was a true enemy phase hero. Ended up going +mag avatar into ophelia and she felt totally broken after a little investment. Ophelia was also vantage nosferatanking.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Just finished Conquest on Hard. I used the DLC for my run so my comments are generally aimed at the mechanics of the game rather than the run, since I employed a lot of tricks that you flat out couldn't use if you just played through all of the chapters.

I really don't like the way that pretty much every weapon or spell in the game that wasn't rank D had a negative affect on the user, I ended up making my army mainly forged steel stuff for characters that were fast enough to not care about the speed drop and critical hit = x4 weapons because they didn't have any drawbacks. I'm pretty sure the only thing ranked B or higher that I used was the tomahawk (which looks nothing like the game model).

I got stuck on endgame because I didn't want to cheese it w/ Azura + warp (you need to visit a hacked castle to get this don't you?). I eventually got through it by turtling my group to the 2/3rds point and then having Sophie (MU parent, aether, swordfaire, draconic hex, boots, movement + husband) run through the boss.

The not meshing husband wife comments during the credits helped solidify my position that Fates either had a bad translation team or they weren't given enough time to do their work well.

Also real talk how could Xander go from promising a reign of peace to putting Peri in charge of the entire Nohrian army.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
I really don't like the way that pretty much every weapon or spell in the game that wasn't rank D had a negative affect on the user, I ended up making my army mainly forged steel stuff for characters that were fast enough to not care about the speed drop and critical hit = x4 weapons because they didn't have any drawbacks. I'm pretty sure the only thing ranked B or higher that I used was the tomahawk (which looks nothing like the game model).
Brave weapons (A), Magic weapons (C), and Dual weapons (C) are still great and are usually worth training the weapon ranks needed to use them. The only real losers are Silver weapons since cost + easily beaten by steel forges/prf weapons, but overall I think the new weapon rebalancing works just fine since the weapons at the top ranks are still useful.

The drawback of Killer weapons is cost + Mt is only equal to Iron. They are inferior to a lot of things if you can't consistently get/rig crits.

I got stuck on endgame because I didn't want to cheese it w/ Azura + warp (you need to visit a hacked castle to get this don't you?). I eventually got through it by turtling my group to the 2/3rds point and then having Sophie (MU parent, aether, swordfaire, draconic hex, boots, movement + husband) run through the boss.
You can easily 1-2 turn it if you have both Rescue staves and some Pass/Lunge users. The double refresh trick with Azura works wonders. No need for hacked castle skills. :V

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I also considered that "cheesing it".

In other news it mouses over the old save file when you start a new game, so I deleted my 80 hour file (thank goodness it saves your best characters).

All of my units were level cap + 10 w/ optimal skills, so pretty much everyone either always crit or was holding a weapon that couldn't.

Karxrida

Had to turn on Phoenix Mode because Conquest Chapter 20 is dumb and everybody who isn't a Royal hits like a pussy and dies in 2 hits.

Had to turn on Phoenix Mode bec enoughause Conquest Chapter 20 is dumb and everybody who isn't a Royal hits like a pussy and dies in 2 hits.
To be fair, you should avoid engaging in direct combat as long as you possibly can, and you should also only take down the enemies that are deliberately approaching you instead of approching them yourself—very few units are strong enough to afford acting proactively here.
The gist of this map is to pair up Xander with a flying unit and Camilla with a bulky General ( I used Azura & Beruka!Ignatious [ with Wary Fighter equipped], respectively ). Have the flying unit take Xander the closest it can to the northeast area where the Kinshi Knights are, switch to and clear the area with Xander. Move Camilla over there as well, switch Xander back to the flying unit and move them both to a platform to the north; if you reach this area around the 6th or 5th turn a wind vortex should then take you to the throne's area where you switch to the General unit you've paired Camilla up with and have them both clear the area in about 3~4 turns ( You shouldn't straight up attack Fuga because you can't get a clean KO on him unless your units are abhorrently strong and he deals huge amounts of damage to your units in return ). Xander and Camilla should have no problem clearing the area once you've eliminated the Kinshi Knights and Priestesses. With that done, take down Fuga in no more then 3 turns and seize the map.

All other units should really just fall back and avoid getting within enemy range while dodging the wind vortexes as to not get seperated because they will get killed if they are.

I had to reset a couple of times before finally pulling this off, but it worked ( I was playing on Hard/Classic by the way).

Last edited:
To be honest, that depends on your playthrough and on the units themselves. For instance, I could say that the Oni line is shit but that's just because Rinkah isn't really a good unit.

On the other hand, if you are a guy that likes to rush it, the Knight line won't be too useful. The Cavalier line and Ninja line have been pretty good. Cavalier has high movement and many of them have bulky enough to survive attacks. Ninjas are the experts in chip damage and debuffing. Wolfskin's one of my other favorite new classes since both Keaton and Veloura turned out to have solid speed and REALLY good strength and defense. Kitsune couldn't compare at all to it. Overall thanks to the change in the RN used for this game, dodgetanking, the art of avoiding damage, has become less viable, so really Swordmaster has taken a hit in viability but that doesn't mean it is crap. Bow using classes got a large buff in this game and I've enjoyed the Outlaw and Archer classes in this game. Outlaw is especially good since they combine high power with great utility.

Hope that helps.

Mounted classes and ninjas are great

Generals suck (but are still viable)
To be fair, Effie is key to a good Conquest Play though I always promote her to Great Knight so she could be more mobile. Benny is more of your typical slow ass General that's always doubled for like 0 damage. Luckily there's Wary Fighter for that. Still doesn't help that he's a 5 MOV unit as a General when everyone else ends up being 6-8 (or more like my Niles as a Bow Knight is 9 MOV). What does help is that he works great while Paired Up with a High Mov unit since Pair Up really helps movement.

Karxrida

I always found the flying mount classes underwhelming unless they were Camilla because their damage is unimpressive, plus bows are the most common bane weapon. At least they're super useful on maps that have pits or walls that others can't traverse.

Last edited:
I always found the flying mount classes underwhelming unless they were Camilla because their damage is unimpressive and bows are the most common anti-creature weapon, but they're super useful on maps that have pits or walls that others can't traverse.
If you play Birthright/Revelation, Hinoka's good too especially since she comes with a VERY useful naginata. I also made myself a Malig Knight for shits and giggles in Revelation and as an E-rank superstar I turned out fine. Luckily the Yato's boosts don't require you to actually wield it.

I always found the flying mount classes underwhelming unless they were Camilla because their damage is unimpressive, plus bows are the most common bane weapon. At least they're super useful on maps that have pits or walls that others can't traverse.
I'd argue that every flier in BR/CQ (including stuff like peg Selena) is at least among the top third of units in their route, often by the strength of flying classes alone. It usually isn't that hard to avoid bows or just kill them with no fear of counterattack. Pair ups/tonics/forges/etc are capable of fixing the statistical deficiencies of some fliers (plus overkill offense is highly overrated and rarely necessary); it's much harder comparatively to fix the fact that competent foot units can't really keep up with fliers/mounts. I'm not saying that movement is literally all that matters, but it provides obvious advantages on a large portion of maps/map objectives.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Mostly agree with mounts/ninjas being the best classes. As for worst classes, just refer to Mozu's class set, this isn't strictly the worst class, but Hero seems to be underwhelming compared to past installments. As a Mercenary, you'd probably go Bow Knight for Shurikenbreaker/horse; as a fighter, you'd go Berserker for pair-up bonuses + Rally Strength. I guess the Hand Axe nerf kind of gutted it. Adventurer seemed cool, but I'm not sure what you can really do with it outside of get Pass for the endgame. In my Conquest run, I had an Adventurer Elise!Nina who picked off enemies here and there with Shining Bow but died to a stiff breeze. General doesn't seem to offer much over Great Knight, and its effectiveness is inversely correlated with the number of horses in your party (and I love horses).

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Fliers (especially Wyvern Lord)/Horses/good 1-2 range classes (Ninja, Nostank Sorcs, Shining Bow Adventurer) are all really good. I'm also a huge fan of Berserkers in this game, the high HP means something and the class gets great skills and good caps. Crit boost is icing on the cake.

I also like Wolfssegners, though maybe this is more due to Camilla!Velouria being pretty lol-tier. With Trample + Beastbane and a Speed pairup she pretty much deletes anything she touches and is only really afraid of Beast Killers. Footlock + no ranged attack sucks but the class is pretty solid at bosskilling when trained.

just refer to Mozu's class set
I don't like Mozu at all but I do appreciate the great skills the Archer -> Sniper line gets. The class has traditionally been a bit underpowered and it's nice to see Takumi they have a niche in this game.

Anyway I'm on Chapter 21 of Revelations Lunatic and it's been kind of meh so far. Enemies are relatively boring aside from inflated stats and the trio of Corrin/Ryoma/Xander can handle most of what the game throws at you without much effort. I have been enjoying some of the things you can do with cross supports though (Wyvern Lord Oboro is hilarious).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)