Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Suggestion that there would be an overall timer to battles, that would automatically start at the beginning of a battle, this will stop trolls from starting a battle, and just waiting without starting the timer or just continuously switching Pokemon in and out. I suggest that the timer would be 2 hours, because then it would still not interrupt unintentionally extremely long battles, but it would still stop the things I mentioned earlier. And if the timer is still too short for the battle, the participants can ask a staff member if it's OK to turn off/extend the timer.

Suggestion that there would be an overall timer to battles, that would automatically start at the beginning of a battle, this will stop trolls from starting a battle, and just waiting without starting the timer or just continuously switching Pokemon in and out. I suggest that the timer would be 2 hours, because then it would still not interrupt unintentionally extremely long battles, but it would still stop the things I mentioned earlier. And if the timer is still too short for the battle, the participants can ask a staff member if it's OK to turn off/extend the timer.
2 hours is still a lot.

Swaqfeq

I COULD BE BANNED!
i think it'd be great if teambuilder warns you about not having used all evs/having the same move in 2 slots on a mon instead of forgetting and going into a battle with only 3 moves/forgetting ur evs. just a warning which you can click a box to say dont show me again or w/e

Yo, I am here to make a suggestion for ladder on Pokemon Showdown! I have been noticing in random battles NFE pokemon and their existence such as Scyther and Chansey. But actually, they are not entitled as 'NFE' because they are viable enough to be in an actual tier like ou or nu, etc. So, I felt there were a lot of pokemon like these missing that include Sneasel, Electabuzz, Maybe magmar and a lot of NFE pokemon that I might be missing. I was just suggesting that these pokemon should be added onto the ladder. Thank you in your behalf if you read this and had a feedback! n_n

i think it'd be great if teambuilder warns you about not having used all evs/having the same move in 2 slots on a mon instead of forgetting and going into a battle with only 3 moves/forgetting ur evs. just a warning which you can click a box to say dont show me again or w/e
The first one is fixed by the Validate button.

Because so many mons in LC can learn illegal moves (only in the LC tier) and it isn't stopped by the validater such as Leaf Storm snivy (can learn it only at level 43) and HJK Mienfoo (level 50), you guys should code the LC tier so it only allows each move learned by Pokemon to be learned via TM, Egg, Tutor or before level 5.

Change battle backgrounds? Or even better, give us a way to submit user created ones and have them become official so you don't have to do all the work.

Because so many mons in LC can learn illegal moves (only in the LC tier) and it isn't stopped by the validater such as Leaf Storm snivy (can learn it only at level 43) and HJK Mienfoo (level 50), you guys should code the LC tier so it only allows each move learned by Pokemon to be learned via TM, Egg, Tutor or before level 5.
That's not true; you can inherit a level-up move if both parents know it.

Yo, I am here to make a suggestion for ladder on Pokemon Showdown! I have been noticing in random battles NFE pokemon and their existence such as Scyther and Chansey. But actually, they are not entitled as 'NFE' because they are viable enough to be in an actual tier like ou or nu, etc. So, I felt there were a lot of pokemon like these missing that include Sneasel, Electabuzz, Maybe magmar and a lot of NFE pokemon that I might be missing. I was just suggesting that these pokemon should be added onto the ladder. Thank you in your behalf if you read this and had a feedback! n_n
Misdreavus too.

Something that i find useful:

A tool in teambuilder which would allow you to save text notes next to each pokemon, like: demage calculations, why you chose an specific moove, etc.
There are other ways to do that, but i think that in this way you would never forget important things about your team.

Last edited:
Vacedit: this is not april fools... if it was it'd be lousy

Post your suggestions for improving Showdown here! This time suggestions that are going to be implemented/have been rejected will be archived in the OP - read through it first before posting your suggestion and do not post previously-suggested ideas. Please be aware that we are not taking room suggestions. Note that this isn't a discussion thread.

• folders for teams [in development]
  • teambuilder tab complete to the move/item/ability with he highest usage in that tier
  • watching 2 chat rooms at once
  • searching for multiple battles at once

sounds good | maybe not
We cannot guarantee that suggestions will be implemented.
Hi I have an idea, so showdown is a competitive battling website but I was wondering if maybe Zarel could make a website for competitive Pokemon contests. It would be really cool to join up in a contest online and see how well you could do against online players.

This is an odd request, but I think it would be cool if contest categories could potentially be added to the movesearch command. There's an upcoming OM that plans on utilizing them and it would be extremely helpful for teambuilding and theorymonning!

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Yes, please!
A reply to this suggestion (which was from the 1st page...) already said why this might be difficult to implement.
Reply said:
If you mean random multi battles (with 4 players), that probably won't happen due to server limitations and it would be difficult to code from what I've heard.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Challenge to Best of 3
Would very much appreciate the ability to challenge someone to a best of three battle where you can't change teams in between games. This would eliminate the ability to cheat in a best of three by swapping to a second team with a separate set of moves that may not have been revealed yet in the first battle to try and gain an advantage. This would be super helpful for the VGC community and also allow Smogon tournaments to use this Best of 3 format which IMO allows for more emphasis on teambuilding and knowledge management than what is essentially three blind pick Bo1s. Asking this as I'd like to start a new tournament series using Showdown.

a feature to indicate where or not someone is replying to u similar to what they have on facebook and other social media

Would it be too much of a hassle to add Random Gen 3, 4 or 5 for private challenges?

Especially the latter, since it once existed... and without the CAPs IMO.

In another (very minor) vein, there are some moves like Heat Wave or Seed Flare whose missing animations hardly look any different than when they hit. It's... quite annoying to see them missing when it did not look like that, I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)