Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire/Ice would be effective on Grass (*4), Bug, Ground, Flying.
You lose the Super Effective on Ice, Steel, Dragon

--> Seriously not the best type combo ... I would prefer two different Attacks :D

Fighting / Ground would be more useful, with being effective on Normal, Steel(*4), Rock(*4), Ice, Electric, Fire
You only lose Poison ! A great combo :)
I was going to quote Pikachu on GF not wanting to make something that does 8x damage from type matchup alone, what the heck, Firefox?

Anyways, yeah, GF probably doesn't want something that deals 8x damage from type matchup alone. As much hate as I have to Heatran, I can't imagine it eating 8x damage from Fighting/Ground attack in a go.

Funny how I just watched this video randomly yesterday. And yeah, adding another type would just make a mess of things. It'd be better to let the Fairy type and metagame settle in for another generation or two at least. I've only now finally gotten used to the fact that Dark types are no longer Super Effective against Gardevior and her ilk.
And how I can't just spam Dragon Rage on everything in the early game.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Opening this before I go to bed because, at the most optimistic estimate, we could conceivably get CoroCoro scans as early as tomorrow (US time), and the scans usually leak in the late morning Japan time / middle of the night Europe time.

Keep in mind that, while April Fool's may be over, this issue is officially stated to give us more Sun/Moon news. That means there will be a lot of fakers trying to pass of legit-looking hoaxes as the real thing, so check your sources thrice if you come across something interesting. The best practise would be to gauge the reactions to the leak/potential hoax on other Pokémon forums before eventually posting it on Smogon.

Also, try to keep speculation down, be nice to one another, and all that usual jazz. You know the drill, you're good people.

At this point, the best news I could possibly hope for would be "there will be no news for the forseeable future." I could deal with that. This is just cruel, and also hilarious if it wasn't also cruel D:

Vaguely hoping there's *something* in the other pages about it?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
LOL CoroCoro be trollin'

Calling it now, we will learn that the boxart legends have feet in next month's issue. Or maybe silhouettes if they are feeling generous. Or maybe they just show us graphics of the legends if they are feeling REALLY generous. Or... you get it.

Something tells me they are deliberately holding back info until E3, however.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Wow, now they're just being jerks about it. Had they just said they'll have new next month that would have been enough, but them dedicating two pages to show the empty box covers is just a slap in the face. It's like them saying "Hey, you want some Sun & Moon news? Well here's what we got: TADA! NOTHING! EMPTINESS! BLANK! Come back next month".

GameFreak, I'm going to put this as simple as possible: Do you have anything of significance to show us? And when I say "of significance", I mean news revealing content on the level of XY trailer at the very least. And there's no "maybe", it's either "yes" or "no". If "yes", THEN SHOW IT ALREADY! If "No" OR you don't want to show it yet, than tell us the date you will/want to release that news (like if you're waiting till E3, just tell us "wait for E3"). Don't drag us along, it'll only make us more cynical.

EDIT: A quick run down on what the XY reveal trailer showed us:

1. Subtly revealed the region is based on France.
2. Showed us the male & female playable characters.
3. Revealed roller skating.
4. Showed us the Starters.
5. Subtly revealed a rival/special NPC.
6. Showed us the Legendary mascots.
7. Provided a ton of in-game locations (routes, cities/towns, forests, Gyms, and other notable locations), graphics, and battling.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Moon background being girly purple makes me hyped.
I always liked girly Pokemon, and I love purple.
I hope it can be as great as Cresselia design wise.

girly purple
...it might yet be masculine purple :B only the MANILIEST of MANLY MEN can pull off purple!
I've always thought Palkia pulled off a pretty masculine pink. Mind you, the associations with masculinity may have been more to do with it's shape than anything else. YMMV.

Moon background being girly purple makes me hyped.
I always liked girly Pokemon, and I love purple.
I hope it can be as great as Cresselia design wise.
Cresselia confirmed. No, Mega-Cresselia confirmed.

Ah, well, my bad karma. Now I think I won't care about Sun Moon for long time.
A good news is that at least I feel Gen6 will be relevant longer.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well, I must say... That was a bit of a downer. I thought TPCi's insistency on debuting all minor Pokémon news in a Japan-only magazine with a bonkers release schedule was their biggest flaw, but promising news and not delivering on it is apparently not below them either. Well, at least next month we're guaranteed to get something... probably a silhouette.

An alternate take on this is that they might be trying to abandon CoroCoro as a primary news source. It may be that the first batches of concrete Sun/Moon information will be released directly on the Internet rather than waiting for CoroCoro to reveal it. That would be better for all involved parties. But after this, I'm not getting my hopes up.

On another note, I feel like Magearna movie's plot become more predictable. I bet my 200+ great Poke blocks, Volcanion would be a foe at first, and then joined force to beat the villain. Feh, not that I'm interested in the movies anymore anyways; the movies degraded since years and in games they do nothing but be sent by delivery to us, which is so much for the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)