SPOILERS! General Pokémon Anime Discussion

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

During the preview, Ash is shown wearing a wristband with a stone that looks like the Sun Moon logo stones.
Greninja is apparently wearing a wristband too.

Full preview here
The plot thickens immensely. So there may be signs of a new type of forme coming in Gen VII?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Also, I've seen people say that it looks like Pikachu is battling Sparky (Richie's Pikachu) at the end.
No, that Pikachu is not Sparky's.
Everyone thought it was going to be him, but it turned out to be a tall trainer with spiky hair and a guitar.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
A new trailer was released for the Magearna movie, and apparently Zygarde Complete actually shows up in it.

A new trailer was released for the Magearna movie, and apparently Zygarde Complete actually shows up in it.
But, has Serena's Vee evolved yet in that movie? I thought it hasn't, which would complicate the anime weekly series' timeline. Will Zygarde actually play important part there or just....

Yes, Serena's Eevee has evolved into a Sylveon as of XY104 "Party Dancecapades!".
Eh, I mean in the movie. I knew she evolved on the dance party, but I'm concerned about it as it may complicate the movie's timeline to anime weekly series canon, if Zy...

Eh, forget it. I saw the movie poster again and it had evolved already. My mind must've betrayed me to falsely recalling I saw Vee on a movie poster before....

Well, they have roughly 10 episodes then if they want to make a grand finale with Zygarde there.

Last edited:
This whole thing seems to kill two birds with one stone:
1. It makes the anime more relevant, with most versed game fans not really caring about it very much.
2. It hints on Gen VII content, something that CoroCoro doesn't do.

Next week's episode seems to feature that bracelet that made an appearance. Looking forward to seeing what it does. (Also, from the preview for next week, it looks like Ash is going to really get hurt from the synchro evolution? Or at least experience extreme pain...)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Reposted from the Sun & Moon discussion:
I don't know what plot they can do. I'd like to see something related to the game but that's not really possible unless they release multiple movies or really shrink it down. Eitherway, probably would be best to just have a Pokemon cinematic verse and create new characters instead of relying on previous like the anime or manga so they can do what they want.
That said, I've always had a hard time imagining a live action Pokemon movie because what would the Pokemon look like? Too realistic they become unrecognizable but too cartoony and it creates a visual clash and I just can't see a middle road. Maybe use the art style of Pokken? Realistic-like textures but cartoon anatomy? Honestly I think a CG movie would be the better step than a live action.

Cresselia~~

That "ai ai/ Iron tail" joke Ash did when he collapsed on Serena was gold.
Pretty sure Serena wants to hear I love you or aishiteru.

eT1SXs22.jpg

Anyway, so we now know that Ash's bracelet is called Battle Pulse, and Greninja has one too.
The Battle Pulse shares data between them two.

Last edited:
Anyway, so we now know that Ash's bracelet is called Battle Pulse, and Greninja has one too.
The Battle Pulse shares data between them two.
This is kind of reminding me of Megaman Battle Network's Full Synchro.

I am pretty okay with this, especially as Pokemon-Amie is a nod to the franchise's desire for trainers and Pokemon to be like one.

This is kind of reminding me of Megaman Battle Network's Full Synchro.

I am pretty okay with this, especially as Pokemon-Amie is a nod to the franchise's desire for trainers and Pokemon to be like one.
Huh, a comparison to Full-Synchro is interesting. Especially since they said that it "shares data". Not sure if MMBN or SMT DDS. Now all we need is a Life Aura move/ability

Huh, a comparison to Full-Synchro is interesting. Especially since they said that it "shares data". Not sure if MMBN or SMT DDS. Now all we need is a Life Aura move/ability
Tamer Matrix Digivolution. Pokémon is not allowed to rip off from monster collecting franchises other than Digimon (and vice versa).

Kinda surprised this Battle Pulse thing is not getting more conversation, as its quite likely that's what we will all be using in game for Sun and Moon. It seems to be closely tied to Mega Evolution in that it relies on the bond with the trainer and Pokemon to work. However unlike Mega evolution the use of stones or other items is not essential, and the Battle Pulse seems to work as a amplifier for a transformation that already exists. I also just can't get away from how minor Greninja's changes are compared to most other Megas. I would guess from what we know that Ash-Ninja is like a watered down Mega that does not give you as much power as a Mega but does not rely on any items to work. What I really want to see is what happens when Ash-Ninja faints after full battle-pulse-assisted transformation. Does Ash now share Greninja's pain due to them now sharing data to each other? Or does Ash even faint in battle? If this "sharing data" is taken literally then it could really shake things up in-game.

Got to admit that the recent XYZ series seems like a step-up from the usual trash this series has been putting out. I used to watch the series religiously up until the end of the Hoenn Battle Frontier series. I always thought that was the series at its peak, as finally Ash was a strong, sensible trainer that could beat hardened trainers (e.g all the Frontier Brains) and give elite 4 members a good challenge. For once there actually seemed to be progress in Ash becoming a Pokemon Master. But once the Sinnoh series started I began to lose interest as after the usual "Ash and Pikachu reset to noobs" it all became too dull, and by BW all interest was gone. I've not actually watched the XYZ series, I've just been viewing the still episode images Serebii provide. But even so there seems to be much less filler than what I remember (and the filler this time is actually not too bad) and Ash seems like he actually knows how to battle and not act like a 10 year old (at least until SM lol). Besides we seem to be getting all of our in-game news via the anime and movie these days so its been worth paying attention ever since Pokemon Z was speculated. So for someone who has not actually watched a episode in 10 years is it now actually worth it?

Yes it is worthy, there are some TR subplots that where idiotic...stealing cheese admist a really good character progression being the worst offender, but in general even they became really tolerable and highly competent in other areas with the good old frienemy aura on some episodes.

The cast is a bit balanced, no cringe or forced drama nor misunderstandings to fuel bantering, instead we get a really nice family like dynamic and Ash really becomes pivotal to the other characters.

The screentime is for the most properly shared outside of a few of Clemont Pokémon getting the short end of the stick for the most part, seriously even bunelby got some focus but luxray is a BG character at this point... He is the Carnival Phantasm assassin of the show at this point.

The filler is actually well done, heck mirror world, litleo episode and the recent dating panic along Serena cross dressing where absolutely amazing and hilarious in their context. Specially the natural geographic approach to following litleo in its episode.

I highly recommend this, they also got rid of stock footage and cancer tier stock backgrounds so each episode feels unique, they really went full PreCure for the gym battles and it is fucking awesome.

So we got the most recent episode where Ash uses the Battle-pulse and when Greninja takes major damage they go out of sync and both faint. So if this applies to SM then this form change Pokemon is like the "chess King" for your team. Take it out and the trainer faints and the battle is over. Even if it was just Ash losing focus in the match and they went out of sync for that reason, this form change seems to be very high risk, high reward.

Cresselia~~

So we got the most recent episode where Ash uses the Battle-pulse and when Greninja takes major damage they go out of sync and both faint. So if this applies to SM then this form change Pokemon is like the "chess King" for your team. Take it out and the trainer faints and the battle is over. Even if it was just Ash losing focus in the match and they went out of sync for that reason, this form change seems to be very high risk, high reward.
Previously before battle pulse was introduced, Ash could feel the pain when Greninja takes damage too.
So it seems like it will have a lot of draw backs.

I'm rewatching Indigo League and I don't remember it being this funny (though I'm watching the sub this time). I love when Brock says "I look forward to you in 8 years!" whenever he sees a hottie.

Yo today's episode vs. the Kalos champion (sorry I haven't played XY) was fucking hilarious, Ash just kept yelling "WE NEED TO BE STRONGER/WE NEED TO GO FASTER" over and over and the animation got more and more intense-- definitely a must-watch because it was a fucking great battle though. Really loving what they've done with this season especially.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)