Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Ok soo I'm running a defensive Clefable set with Calm Mind, Moonlight, Moonblast, and Fire Blast, with a Bold nature and Leftovers, and I can't decide if I should run Unaware or Magic Guard. I'm also having a hard time between Fire Blast or Thunder Wave. Also while I'm here, which would be a better Defogger? Crobat or Mandibuzz? Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok soo I'm running a defensive Clefable set with Calm Mind, Moonlight, Moonblast, and Fire Blast, with a Bold nature and Leftovers, and I can't decide if I should run Unaware or Magic Guard. I'm also having a hard time between Fire Blast or Thunder Wave. Also while I'm here, which would be a better Defogger? Crobat or Mandibuzz? Thanks!
I recommend you go with magic guard on clef. Also you should either replace fire blast with t wave, or use flamethrower. T wave is more popular ATM but flamethrower is an option there. As for the spread, I recommend you use the standard cm clef spread you can find on the smogon analysis page for clefable. And mandibuzz is a better defogger in ou than crobat, at least in my opinion, so I'd go with that.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What is Weavile stall? Is there some kind of defensive Weavile set I haven't heard about?
it's utility mega sableye+standard amoonguss+physdef skarmory (you can run spdef if u want a better matchup v mgarde)+rocks chansey+curse or encore quagsire+banded weavile with pursuit

Ok so is a suicide lead doable on a team that isn't hyper offense? Because I want to try to run a suicideead Azelf on my team that can set up Stealth Rocks then maybe explode.

Looking on ideas/ potentialfor a volcanoron set to partner with band kyuream-b. Balanced/ offensive team build, with aim to smash walls and pick off whats left with speedy sweepers like raikou. Plz and thanks in advance

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
EV spread and moveset for Jellicent? I want to use it in this meta because it's a really good check to Volcanion and has other qualities like Will-O-Wisp and Recover

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
EV spread and moveset for Jellicent? I want to use it in this meta because it's a really good check to Volcanion and has other qualities like Will-O-Wisp and Recover
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe OR 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt / Hex / Toxic

Only ever use the second EV spread if you forgo Wisp and make sure to run Taunt if you do this. The first spread beats Belly Drum Azu iirc and the second beats Uninvested Alomomola so that you can Taunt it. Colbur eases the matchup versus Tyranitar and allows it to cheese past the best support Volcanion can have if it carries Wisp, while if it doesn't it can at least escape it once (if you do this pair it with Duggy to trap Tyranitar or something).

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I want to know what pokemon are most common in OU, but there are four different .txt files for usage stats in OU. What differences are there between them? What are the differences between the three percentages? What file or percentage do I use?

http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-03/
they respond to different areas of the ou ladder, i like to use the 1695 stats personally because it has a reasonably large sample size while still having competent players.

I'm having a hard time deciding what EV set is good on my Mega Metagross. I'm running Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm, and Ice Punch. I was thinking since I have a Jolly nature, I should do 252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 4 Def? Thanks!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I'm having a hard time deciding what EV set is good on my Mega Metagross. I'm running Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm, and Ice Punch. I was thinking since I have a Jolly nature, I should do 252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 4 Def? Thanks!
Yep sounds good

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
who has good offensive synergy with volc?
powerherb solartran is a cool one. Also, most offensive faries, particularly mgarde and mdiancie work well with it.

edit: also pursuit tarpers are nice since lati twins are annoying

Last edited:

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
How would one go about calculating the technical base stat of a Pokémon with Huge Power? For example, Azumarill's base Attack is really the equivalent of base 150 because of Huge Power according to its page. How is that calculated? I'm doubting that it's as simple as base stat times three.

p2

Banned deucer.
azu's attack fully invested is 218, double that to get 436 which is the equivalent of 149 attack fully invested

the same applies for pure power, basically letting medicham reach base 249 attack when fully invested

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one who finds teams harder to build the more defensive you make them? Its been on my mind recently, and the pattern that I've noticed with teambuilding is that I find consistent stall/semistall really hard to build, consistent balance challenging but doable and consistent BO/HO are complete childsplay a lot of the time. Is this just a me thing, or is the ORAS meta geared that way for others as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)