Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After like 180 or so the game gets so incredibly easy (other than boss levels) with lots of moves to spare. Probably the easiest EB I've ever faced (worst was Diancie because the team choices for it were shit). I'm gonna go up to 225 for the fun of it, might go to 250, idk. Not feeling up for Meowth grinding.

I'm going to call it quits at 200 - skipped to 199, so got stuck with 200.

Gengar, Goomy, and Z-50 with a C-1, AP+ (and redundant M+5) had me finishing it with 10 moves left.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Got past level 180 but I couldn't skip any boos levels at all. Also got extremely unlucky at 180 and lost 3 hearts + items due to awful RNG So I got tired of it and spent 12k to turn the stage into a safari stage with M-Gengar and be over with it.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Maybe you will skill all the difficult bosses like me ! :) Good luck !

I didn't get the skip. I had to do it the hard way. :|

At least I got it on my first full items run just before the blocks showed up to ruin the run. Used Mega Gengar, Dragonite, Zygarde 50%, and Latios (Erased by C-1). Got two 130+ combo chains that run including the one in the above for mega overkill.

Onwards and upwards! To make Lv15 Charizard possible!

Good luck xD ! My Charizard is level 14 (and I level him only on Meowth .... :()

Reminder : Tepig, Pignite, Emboar and Groudon events end tonight :)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

RELIEF.

It took three full items attempts. It took a lot of coins. I only got a single boss skip all escalation. I only managed to clear it before the disruptions started. But I don't care. Not. One. Bit. Roll on Ashninja / Mega Blaziken / Infernape / Keldeo.

Congratz !
Caught last Daily Pokemon, Infernape, Greninja-Ash, Infernape, Keldeo Normal, and I've finally started Desert Umbra (soon MMX !!!)

Caught Ashninja: PO4+? Yes plz. Thinking of grinding it and bringing it with Terrakion to the Blazikenite comp.

Mobile can C-1 the Ninetales away, the 3DS can't (just AP+/MS/DD). Sad!

From my post on GameFAQs re: Mega Blaziken competition...

Blastoise is my favourite pokemon, so even though I knew I was "wasting" them, I've maxed out his Max Level+ allotment. Going to test and see if the sheer power of it being upgraded will outdo the less-than-stellar mega ability, though the disruptions seem to be light... I'm guessing with that supposed Ninetails as a forced support, Mega Rayquaza will be the best option. I can see potential with Mega Swampert too, as Swampert/Blastoise/Palkia/Manaphy (or Phione for Crowd Control?) would be a good, powerful team in my case.
So I maxed out Blastoise completely and on an itemless run I scored 25k (Putting me at spot 1000) since a match of 3 did around 1k on average (double damage from roughly 420x 1.5). Not bad compared to some of the other itemless scores I've seen thus far, though I'm interested in how a Mega Swampert team will do. Though, I'm guessing with Attack Power+ and Mega start, Blastoise will be nuking the board at 2k a shot. Might be worth considering, given the crappy combo viability of the stage.
Zygarde 300 bankrupted me AND I failed that fuck, so now I have to grind back. Considering a Mega Altaria/Dragonite/Latios team, as I've seen a few people having great success with that.

Have any of y'all tried HomePass for extra Jewels/Hearts?

I wasn't even considering it a while ago since it all sounds a bit extra for me to actually make it work, but after literally wasting 16k+ coins after grinding forever on the Meowth stage for the stupid 250 Zygarde stage I may actually give it a try since I don't ever take my 3DS out.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
What is HomePass ?
HauntedPumpkin is most likely referring to owning multiple 3DS's with the game and streetpassing each other to get the jewels/coins/hearts benefits.

Anyhow, I threw an Attack Power ↑ at Ash-Greninja and demolished it with 31 seconds left with Mega Manectric / Zekrom / Shaymin / Angrychu and catching it in a Poké Ball. Repeated Super Bolt procs take their toll alright. I then had a couple of goes at Mega Blaziken with my best score being a meme score of 60,000 using Mega Rayquaza / Landorus / Tyranitar / Palkia (which should secure the Blazikenite, don't care too much about the RML this time around). Now grinding Ash-Greninja, Landorus-T, and my two RML buffed Pokémon (Charizard and Groudon) on Ampharos since I have nothing better to do at the moment.

HauntedPumpkin is most likely referring to owning multiple 3DS's with the game and streetpassing each other to get the jewels/coins/hearts benefits.
Ah ok, yes, sometimes I earn some hearts but it's not very often ...

I finally finish the main stages of Shuffle today after losing everything 3 months ago !

Caught 318 main Pokemon vs 334
Caught 29 EX pokemon vs 36
S-ranks : 319 stages vs 350

Back to Meowth farming because Mega Mewtwo X and some latests stages (Golurk or Ursaring) make me lose some coins

Not quite. Homepassing is setting up your wireless router to spoof a Nintendo Zone hotspot, giving you unlimited streetpasses all the time.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/

I tried setting it up but didn't want to risk ruining my family's wifi... now that I'm living alone, it might be worth it to try.

So I'm scraping by stage 293 on Zygarde (scraping just close enough that I don't wanna use M+5 for these). In advance, advice for teams for level 300? Currently using Rayquaza, Xerneas, Zygarde 50%, and Diancie, already planning to use all items.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
So I'm scraping by stage 293 on Zygarde (scraping just close enough that I don't wanna use M+5 for these). In advance, advice for teams for level 300? Currently using Rayquaza, Xerneas, Zygarde 50%, and Diancie, already planning to use all items.
Mega Gengar Slot 1, Dragonite Slot 2, and another Base 80 Dragon of your choice in Slot 3 works (Slot 4 gets erased by C-1). The board starts like this:
- A B C D E F
1 R R R X X X
2 X X X B B B
3 B B B B B B
4 B B B B B B
5 X X X B B B
6 R R R X X X

R = Rock, B = Block, X = Mon
So you basically only have an eight-turn window of opportunity to deal the 200k DMG before it starts to disrupt (the disruption being spawning blocks like the original board every turn with a Zygarde 50% and Goomy in F3 and F4). Gengar works because it removes itself and is by far the best mega for three mon stages. Dragonite works because Dancing Dragons is a reliable 1.2× DMG each turn and you need all the damage you can get. Another Base 80 Dragon like Zygarde 50% or one of the Latis to maximise the boost you get from Dancing Dragons. Furthermore if you cannot skip 300, you need to be prepared to have multiple attempts because once the disruptions start, the damage slows to an abrupt crawl; it took me three attempts to win Stage 300.

Having also failed twice already, I highly recommend all items. There are no turns to spare here.

I tried Mega Gengar/Dragonite/Latios my first time, then Altaria/Dragonite/Latios (saw a Miiverse and Gamefaqs poster recommend them, but didn't get lucky like he clearly did) and will probably try my luck again with my first team or a Mega Latios team.

Cleared it (All Items, Gengar + Dragonite + Latias, Max/8/7 levels), might recommend Latias if your Base 80 Dragons are all good. Swap might help remove a Block or two early, which early on can open a combo chance or (as it did for me) eeked out a bit of damage if Zygarde's hanging by a thread when DD wears off (One extra space can help for comboing with a Genger + 2 mons team.

I was hoping to put up a decent score in the Blaziken competition. 66,934 and I land square in top prize territory, which is good because I neeeeeeed that Mega Stone.

I love how for once, this Zygarde doesn't require many items to beat to level 200! I only needed to use a full item run once. It's challenging, but not to the point of being a blatant coin thief!

Just wait for 250 and 300...

As for me, this latest run I finally did it. Managed to get one 85-hit combo alongside a fair amount of 45-hit combos, which managed to knock down Zygarde's HP to about 1-2k when the disruptions started. Very easy to knock it out with about 8 turns left, I believe. And it only cost me a grand total of 50k oh boy!

Reactions: JES

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Haven't really bothered with the Zygarde event as I don't really have the Pokemon to be able to deal with how strong it is. I've caught it and have used it a lot though already... Only at Lv 30 or so (Megamum/Azumarill/Zygarde/Articuno is my squad). Most of the other daily events I don't even bother with for the same reasons. Most (if not all) of those events are tailored to people who have been playing since launch... Which I haven't been. Takes a long time to even get close to some of the stuff that can even hurt a lot of the special event mons like Infernape or Landorus. Does anyone have any tips on the Expert events? Is it literally a case of grinding until you can complete them regularly?

I finally managed to beat Mega Mawile cause I got mega frustrated so just used all the items :| Beat it in like 3 turns. Whisked through the next 20 or so battles and now I am stuck again at Mega Glalie. Game is pretty brutal at times, I've ended up in that match twice now with the game having to re-shuffle the board because the entire play area was whited over with blocks. It's telling me Lv 7 required (which I am nowhere near with the 4 mons it gives me), so I guess its back to Buneary for a bit for more grinding.

Also spending at least 5 hearts a day on Meowth farming (don't get the 500 bonus very often, but even the 100/300 bonus is a lot better than nothing).

Reactions: JES
Haven't really bothered with the Zygarde event as I don't really have the Pokemon to be able to deal with how strong it is. I've caught it and have used it a lot though already... Only at Lv 30 or so (Megamum/Azumarill/Zygarde/Articuno is my squad). Most of the other daily events I don't even bother with for the same reasons. Most (if not all) of those events are tailored to people who have been playing since launch... Which I haven't been. Takes a long time to even get close to some of the stuff that can even hurt a lot of the special event mons like Infernape or Landorus. Does anyone have any tips on the Expert events? Is it literally a case of grinding until you can complete them regularly?

I finally managed to beat Mega Mawile cause I got mega frustrated so just used all the items :| Beat it in like 3 turns. Whisked through the next 20 or so battles and now I am stuck again at Mega Glalie. Game is pretty brutal at times, I've ended up in that match twice now with the game having to re-shuffle the board because the entire play area was whited over with blocks. It's telling me Lv 7 required (which I am nowhere near with the 4 mons it gives me), so I guess its back to Buneary for a bit for more grinding.

Also spending at least 5 hearts a day on Meowth farming (don't get the 500 bonus very often, but even the 100/300 bonus is a lot better than nothing).
It's not true ... I have started all over again my run on 3DS and I managed to finish the EB (thanks to Angry Zygarde) and all main stages in less than 3 months

It's not true ... I have started all over again my run on 3DS and I managed to finish the EB (thanks to Angry Zygarde) and all main stages in less than 3 months
Some people have stuff to do that actually matters, like a job, school work, or kids. This is just a casual puzzle game, there's no need for inflammatory posts like this.

DHR-107, Mega Glalie and Mawile are huge walls especially because there's not very much available early game that hurts them. When you go back later (perhaps for an S-rank if you don't already have one) with stronger mons, you'll find very quickly that they're a cakewalk because of what's available after them. As for your issues with Glalie now, as I recall grinding+all items is the way to go your first time through. Perhaps you'll get lucky and Mega Diancie will be re-run while you're grinding for it, since its ability destroys barriers.

If you've caught Zygarde already then don't worry too much about the additional prizes, just focus on doing the other events this week and then getting through the game really. You'll find stronger mons (aim for S-ranks, because you'll really want to start getting some of the important expert guys like Genesect). I can't recommend the best team available but I'm sure you'll figure it out! As for expert mode, unfortunately most of the time it requires items to clear. I usually go through expert stages with almost all or all items because of how insane they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)