2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Vardy's stupidity may have cost his team the title. Was on a yellow and went for a blatant dive. What an idiot.
Being a fan of Leicester is so nerve-wracking right now - I think Leicester should manage to beat a Swansea side who don't have much to play for without Vardy, but Manchester United might be a bit harder without Vardy to put their defence under pressure.
I'm not sure if he's banned for 1 or 2 games yet but, with Vardy, I think Leicester could easily beat Manchester United, as they'd be happy to let MU keep possession and hit back on the break with pace - I think without him the pace of Albrighton and Mahrez will be much more important.

Hopefully Swansea, Chelsea, and Everton won't have the desire to beat Leicester, as they don't have a lot to play for, and I don't think any of the players would mind losing to them - I predict they'll pick up 7 points from the 3 games, leaving them with just a point to gain from ManU. I think Spurs will probably win their final 4 games leaving it really tight, although Chelsea and Newcastle away will be tough, especially if Newcastle are still fighting for survival on the final day.

Leicester can get that point somewhere else, we need them more :P

Everton so bad in that game, even Villa could have beaten them.
Liverpool 41 shots on goal

Last edited:
That Neverton player is a disgrace. Kissing his badge after going out to injure Origi. Hope he gets additional bans.

On the game itself, Neverton don't trust their manager anymore and I think you can notice that based on their awful performances. Our players believe in Klopp's methods and that made the difference tonight.

You can't stay mad at Rafa tho!

Looking forward to the Euros the big question for England is which strikers to bring? Personally I'd seriously consider Andy Carroll. Rooney, Kane and Vardy are basically on the plane so that leaves room for one more (or possibly two if you take a utility mid/fullback). Welbeck has improved a lot and Sturridge was always good quality but they don't give us anything too different and Kane and Vardy have just been better this season and deserve it more. Carroll on the other hand would be something so different I doubt any of the other international defenders will have experienced anything like it. Last 10 mins, throw Carroll on and pump diagonals up - if anything else, it can't get more English than that!

shoutout to leeds shade , hull can no longer catch us thanks to today's results :)

im a bit biased on this topic as i support one of the teams involved, but it's definitely worth taking a look at the championship promotion race, top 3 teams separated by 3 goal difference with boro and brighton to play eachother on the final day! if we both win next weekend, that will be like a playoff final at the riverside, and im not sure whether im terrified or excited. hopefully going to be good for neutrals either way

Not sure which manager I want more in the PL: LVG or Mourinho. Safe to say they are both pricks but can't decide who is more entertaining! Probably LVG since he's steering Utd into the gutter but how amazing would it be if Mou came in and tanked even worse! Can't decide guys, too hard for me.

Still think Leicester will get a maximum of 1 point out of United / Everton / Chelsea

I can see Tottenham winning the rest of their games, with Southampton their trickiest opponents to deal with

It's still all to play for - people are already acting like this season's over

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know how you can say that, given Everton's recent bad form, and the fact that Chelsea don't have much to play for at the minute, a maximum of 1 point is a bold prediction, especially when they've only lost 3 times all season. I thought that if Leicester didn't win today, they'd bottle it, but they've just shown that they're not letting the pressure get to them, and I don't think they will let the pressure get to them. I do agree that spurs will probably get 12 points, 10 at minimum from the final 4 games though

I could see there being a few tense draws in there for Leicester but if they get more than 2 points then they've won the title I think. Tottenham is gonna trip up somewhere in those last 4 games so Leicester just have to make sure they don't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)