Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this season was p terrible ngl

the decision to give jeyne's already unnecessary in the books plot line to sansa in the show was dumb, since her dynamic with littlefinger at the vale in the books is one of my favorite storylines and the reason sansa becomes my favorite character

i don't like the way the show hypes up something before killing it, either. stannis and shireen's relationship was highlighted as a really close one over and over again until he decides to kill her, which is messed up since the stannis of the book would never do that. he believed that if he died, shireen was the rightful heir to the iron throne. doesn't seem like a guy who would burn his daughter alive.

i know it's supposed to be an adaptation and not follow the books all the way, but it was just way too out of character for me to get into the season

A great way to kill time and learn about the history of Westeros (and Essos...and apparently a new continent) then the World of Ice and Fire is a great buy full of pics and detailed accounts of all your favorite kin loving Targaryens and especially the little unexplored details (Rhoynar, other mythical beasts, arrival of humans to Westoros, what lies beyind everywhere else, etc.)

I guess the kindle version doesn't have the best feature (illustrations) and many stuff can be found by the wiki page the co-writers have so yeah, just putting this out there.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Digging up this thread to deliver something that may be old news to avid fans, irrelevant to the not-so-avid ones, but news to me and worthy of a thread-bumping double post:

The Winds of Winter is not finished, nor will it be in a while. Straight from the mouth of George R.R. Martin, he tried and failed to have it ready by the end of 2015, so that the novel could be released before the sixth season of the TV series. However, writing took longer than anticipated, for a number of reasons, and the series will predate the book it's based on.

This means that, yes, the series WILL spoil the books. In some ways. Maybe not in others. They are diverging already, and will probably diverge more. On some points they will not diverge, however, and the TV series will give away large plot twists.

That being said, Martin states that he thought in May 2015 he could finish the book by October, for an April release. Halloween came and went, and he thought a New Years' deadline would still be within reach (and an April release would still be possible, since the folks at the publisher will drop everything in their hands and re-schedule everything to get TWoW out as fast as reasonably possible once it's written). The book may not be finished, but it's probably months away rather than years.

So, well, if you prefer to follow the books and stay unspoiled by the show, you have until April to dig yourself a home under a rock. We knew Season 7 would carry spoilers anyway, but those of you who thought you'd have another year, well, get digging already.

well, I'm all caught up and super excited for season 6. what are the main theories I should know about? like, all the ways jon snow isn't really dead?!

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
don't do it. I spoiled the red wedding for myself and while it was still gruesome it made the whole ep kinda suck for me D:

Yeah... The R + L = J is a good theory to know but it's more of a book reader theory. A lot of the context clues that lead to that theory aren't present in the show, which is why I wouldn't really read it if you are only watching the show. The main theory you should know of is the Jon isn't dead, the majority of the list provided above come from the books and if you haven't read the books they seem like they came out of nowhere.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yeah... The R + L = J is a good theory to know but it's more of a book reader theory. A lot of the context clues that lead to that theory aren't present in the show, which is why I wouldn't really read it if you are only watching the show.
Except for the fact that Season 5 decided to dump a lot of exposition about Rhaegar for some reason (most notably, just before Barristan Selmy died), there were remarks that Jon couldn't be Ned's son, and in one scene the letters "R+L" are carved into a wall right beside where Jon stands. As far as book readers are concerned, the show practically confirmed R+L = J.

Except for the fact that Season 5 decided to dump a lot of exposition about Rhaegar for some reason (most notably, just before Barristan Selmy died), there were remarks that Jon couldn't be Ned's son, and in one scene the letters "R+L" are carved into a wall right beside where Jon stands. As far as book readers are concerned, the show practically confirmed R+L = J.
Which scene was this? I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Awesome!

To live with the hype of the trailer, let keep some discussion going. Which storyline are you most excited to see this season? My personal favorite is the Sansa storyline mostly because I really want to see her moment of redemption after seasons of hardships. Will we see it this season? Though, as everyone else, I'm also really curious on what will happen to Jon Snow.

Those Dornish girls sure are feisty!

"greedy bitch"

[6:37:25 pm] <&BKC> i swear stannis isnt dead dude
[6:37:30 pm] <&ifm> he is
[6:37:40 pm] <&ifm> george confirmed that he died on the show
[6:37:46 pm] <&ifm> when he isnt dead in the books
[6:37:49 pm] <&ifm> rip
[6:37:51 pm] <&BKC> i literally dont care
[6:37:56 pm] <&BKC> roose was all like
[6:38:05 pm] <&BKC> "stannis is dead, do you know who killed him?"
[6:38:08 pm] <&BKC> ramsays all "no"
[6:38:14 pm] <&BKC> roose goes "i'd reward the man who did it"
[6:38:28 pm] <&BKC> i'm over here all like
[6:38:33 pm] <&BKC> Something's not right. Stannis will rise.

Last edited:

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
D&D: We already fucked the Dornish story line to hell and back so lets just kill them all off and forget that ever happened.

At least, that episode was better than the first one of the season 5, thats a good start, but what the heck with the last scene of it, with the screamer, if bkc was inlove with Melisandre and not Sansa ? i mean if he wanted to do the thing we know at the end of the show he woulda had a great surprise do you don't think ? also D&D are dumb as pokemon players are imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)