Little things you like about Pokémon

Which is odd in HGSS's case since they didn't prevent a Pokemon from evolving into a Gen III or IV Pokemon. And it's not like there isn't locations they couldn't put them. Put a Ice Rock is the Ice Caves (and if they wanted to make it a post game thing have Rock Climb needed to get to it), Moss Rock could go into Ilex or Viridian Forest, and as Vader_the_White said the Power Plant would be the perfect spot to have magnetic waves (or Lake of Rage where Team Rocket was using radio waves to evolve the Magikarp; they could say there's a small amount of electromagnetic radiation left which, while not harmful, will have Magneton and Probopass evolve).
Probably to encourage trading to get them all

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Probably to encourage trading to get them all
Hmm, no, I feel this is different. It's one thing to require you to trade to get a Probopass or more Eevees, but it's another thing to not have an evolution method in the game. If I have an Eevee, Magneton, and Nosepass in my game, why shouldn't I be allowed to evolve them especially when I'm in the post game? I'm not trading for a Pokemon that's not naturally in the version I'm playing (aside from Nosepass), I want to naturally evolve the Pokemon I have in the game I have them in.

One of the small things I really like about Pokemon was back in the third gen RSE when you mixed records, not only could you find your friends secret base and battle them, but the tv would also have your friend on shows talking about what size fish they caught and small things like that. Too me it just made the game seem more personal.
It still exists thanks to the PSS in ORAS.

EDIT: Many of us have been confused by Swirlix. We go, "Why is living cotton candy a Fairy-type?" And it just hit me today why:
Another name for cotton candy is "fairy floss".

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
"Last used item"
To be fair, this is almost a pointless addition. Usually the item you have last used is on the first page of whatever selection you make. It saves you one click. If its on the third/fourth page fair enough...

Being able to fly everywhere in ORAS aside from towns and Pokemon League.
Probably one of the best additions. I hope they upgrade Fly to be like this in the future.

Okay so, as is evident to a few people here Pokémon have recently got someone who actually knows their competitive shit to write articles. This is evident through the RBY Metagame article on the site, as well as an article that looked at a recent Battle Tournament in ORAS.

And they've clearly got the same person to advertise the hidden abilities for the Regi trio and Kanto Bird trio and. You can see them struggling so hard to justify light metal and ice body
http://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/legendary-pokemon-distribution-trios-roundup/

To be fair, this is almost a pointless addition. Usually the item you have last used is on the first page of whatever selection you make. It saves you one click. If its on the third/fourth page fair enough...

Probably one of the best additions. I hope they upgrade Fly to be like this in the future.
From memory you can fly there too not just Eon Flute. You have to talk to the sign in the route though

I have to say, the Exp. Share is so wonderful. Right now, I'm doing a playthrough where I have a full team from the beginning of the game. This would be difficult to do without a lot of grinding if it weren't for it. Also, since I tend to just use my Persian (and she keeps using Pay Day, which is why I am very rich right now), the rest of my team would be severely underleveled. Instead, they are only a few levels lower, but tend to be more useful in Gyms, which makes up for it. And I'm within normal levels for the game.

I have to say, the Exp. Share is so wonderful. Right now, I'm doing a playthrough where I have a full team from the beginning of the game. This would be difficult to do without a lot of grinding if it weren't for it. Also, since I tend to just use my Persian (and she keeps using Pay Day, which is why I am very rich right now), the rest of my team would be severely underleveled. Instead, they are only a few levels lower, but tend to be more useful in Gyms, which makes up for it. And I'm within normal levels for the game.
How? I usually have most of a full team by the first gym, and next thing I know I'm twelve levels over!

As much as I think the anime needs to go die off, I actually really like the art. They at least know how to capture the essence of Pokemon very well.
I really don't want the anime to die off. As much as I don't like it personally, it's a very good marketing tool to get new generations of children hooked into the franchise. Without it, far fewer people would have played the games.

I really don't want the anime to die off. As much as I don't like it personally, it's a very good marketing tool to get new generations of children hooked into the franchise. Without it, far fewer people would have played the games.
That's... That's a good point, actually. I remember getting into the anime, then finding out Red and Blue were a thing.

'Wait, you mean I can actually catch and train these things for myself?!' :o

How? I usually have most of a full team by the first gym, and next thing I know I'm twelve levels over!
Well, I haven't battled any wild Pokémon after the first gym*, and that was just to get them all to about level 11-12. That really helps. Normal grinding is where you get really over leveled.
And if this is anything like my last playthrough of X, there might be times where I'm rather overleveled, then all of a sudden I'm back down to reasonable levels (I was about Level 63-70 against Diantha and she's 64-68).
Plus, being overleveled isn't as bad in this run since I am using things like Wigglytuff, Persian, and Skiploom. Not the strongest of 'mons.

*Okay, there were two Staravia I've knocked out, but that was because of the fact I got a crit twice when I didn't want it since I was really trying to capture an HM slave for later.

Oh yeah, it's been a while since I played XY. I maxed out everybody's Affection and tried to actually catch things (and those things alone are great ways to find yourself way over). I remember being in the low eighties against Diantha. I kid you not.

Oh yeah, it's been a while since I played XY. I maxed out everybody's Affection and tried to actually catch things (and those things alone are great ways to find yourself way over). I remember being in the low eighties against Diantha. I kid you not.
Well, there's your problem. Though now I am regretting capturing Staravia since Hawlucha is a better Fly HM slave (used one during my previous playthrough, worked wonders).
I do wish you could turn off the Exp from capture like you can turn off the Exp. Share.

I have to say, the Exp. Share is so wonderful.
Expanding on this, I like how experience is no longer split between participants, which greatly reduces the need for grinding even without the Exp. Share and gives a larger incentive to actually use most of the team. After playing through X with the Exp. Share on for most of the game and constantly being overleveled, I decided to play through AS without it, thus resulting in an extremely smooth level curve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)