OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

MAMP

MAMP!
why is pdon so good in the metas you main? (bh, avgmons)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
what do you think of geomancy+horn leech xerneas in averagemons (lures wooper!!!!!)
god set, best xern is specs xern tho
best mon in averagemons?
probably either nido or clefable
best playstyle in averagemons?
atm its stall or semi-stall, unfort :1
hmu with a HO avgmons team y/y
this is the closest to ho ive got, i had a sick ho team with sticky web + tg pass volbeat but i lost it ://
http://pastebin.com/APdB8Uyj
what's ur favourite song?
really hard to say, i have a ton of favs, so ill just put a few that i really like here (no particular order):

Why? - Good Friday
cLOUDDEAD - I Promise Never To Get Paint On My Glasses Again (pt. 1)
Gorillaz - Every Planet We Reach Is Dead
Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945
Emancipator - Maps
The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
Death Grips - No Love
Radiohead - Karma Police
Kanye West - Gorgeous
Purity Ring - Lofticries
Port Blue - Heceta

favourite colour?
pinkish orange, like the colour clouds go at sunset
fave alt? (it better be Mampharosite)
my fav alt is my secret bh testing alt that nobody knows about, apart from that im pretty fond of MAMPHIBIAN
I first got into mons when i got diamond as an 8 year old too! :D
:D
what was your starter?
chimchar nicknamed HOT ASS
fave official tier?
dpp ou
BAN CTING
(sry had to lul)
git gud
best unaware mon in BH?
probably maudino or giratina
what made you decide to take on tina's bh analysis? are you insane lol??????
yes
favourite offensive core in bh?
back in the pdon meta i loved illusion pdon + pixilate diancie, recently im not sure tbh. tg m2y + sludge gengar is pretty fun and quite effective, as im sure youre aware :J
favourite defensive core in bh?
mg ho-oh+steel+audino (unaware or fc usually)
what is a mon/core you find yourself using in bh a ton?
i use diancie way too much lol, ttar, ho-oh, and chomp too
best and/or most underprepared for mon in bh atm?
pdon is probably the most underrated/underprepared for, best mon i think is protean m2y
thanks for the shoutout fam <3
<3

Will communism win?
i sure hope so

Will you ever ladder AG properly?
if ag ever becomes a good tier
Would you support me if I asked for a Chatter re-suspect in BH?
absolutely not
If you could have one of the following things what would it be?:
- eternal wealth
- enlightenment
- being as popular as josh
enlightenment
What is your opinion of Dream Eater Gengar?
hes ok, i like his poetry
On a scale of 1 to DEG, what is your opinion of me?
bad
Favourite OM mod?
theyre all terrible, so none of them i guess
Can you uncapitalise your name please? it's triggering my ocd.
nop :J
Do you think Eevee rigged Smogon Awards to get best OM battler?
yes
Where do you see yourself in five years?
in a mirror probably

for real, ill probably be in uni, working a shitty minimum wage job and most likely still living with my parents
What's your favourite anime other than Cory in the House?
either tatami galaxy, revolutionary girl utena, or madoka
Most underrated movie of all time? My pick is Birdemic
i legit think wreck-it ralph is one of the best films of all time
Would you rather Justin Bieber or One Direction at your eighteenth birthday party? <-- this decides whether we can be friends from now on in
one d, but only if zayn's there
what will a new poke that you gonna have a name on? is it skarmtilizer?
yes
Thanks for answering
n_n
:J

thank u everyone who asked questions, ill get to the rest of them later!

Rebellion or nah? (madoka)
Favorite bh meme? Pikachu? Shedinja?
What is the best averagemons clefable set?
What is your favorite averagemons stallbreaker/wallbreaker?
What is your favorite mega (other than mega amp)?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Due to overpopulation and reliance on fossil fuels to power much of our lives harming Earth, what do you think is the premier strategy for combatting these problems?
A.) Develop new and improved space travel technologies allowing us to relocate the population to a larger planet that is able to provide for the growing needs of mankind.
B.) Start mass cullings in order to preserve resources for the strong and powerful.
C.) Switch to full reliance on renewable energy resources such as solar power and wind power.
D.) Create a form of technology that is able to replicate the atmosphere in order to prevent it from breaking down allowing humans to continue with our superabundant fossil fuel consumption.
E.) Create new glaciers and polar ice caps through the use of massive freeze rays.
F.) Create a chemical weapon that only targets humans to eliminate the human race and allow other species to thrive and survive and hopefully save the planet.
G.) Limit all couples to only being allowed to have one baby.
H.) Plant more trees to help stabilize global carbon dioxide levels by reducing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
I.) More than one of these options (please specify!)
J.) Other (please specify!)
K.) Nothing, the planet is fucked anyway we should just give up on saving it and have as much fun as possible before we all die, who cares about future generations.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
VOTE FOR AVERAGEMONS?
Why is M-Amphy's hair so fabulous?
Is the weed on the show real?
If any currently unviable mon were to become viable in BH, besides M-Amphy, which one would you want it to be, and why?
What is a mon that you used in Averagemons that you ended up disappointed in?
If you were to design a mon, what would it be?

Due to overpopulation and reliance on fossil fuels to power much of our lives harming Earth, what do you think is the premier strategy for combatting these problems?
A.) Develop new and improved space travel technologies allowing us to relocate the population to a larger planet that is able to provide for the growing needs of mankind.
B.) Start mass cullings in order to preserve resources for the strong and powerful.
C.) Switch to full reliance on renewable energy resources such as solar power and wind power.
D.) Create a form of technology that is able to replicate the atmosphere in order to prevent it from breaking down allowing humans to continue with our superabundant fossil fuel consumption.
E.) Create new glaciers and polar ice caps through the use of massive freeze rays.
F.) Create a chemical weapon that only targets humans to eliminate the human race and allow other species to thrive and survive and hopefully save the planet.
H.) Plant more trees to help stabilize global carbon dioxide levels by reducing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
K.) Nothing, the planet is fucked anyway we should just give up on saving it and have as much fun as possible before we all die, who cares about future generations.
I know this question is for mamp but screw you im answering anyway :3, so far one of the best options we can make rn is switch to nuclear power. Nuclear fission is by far the cleanest, safest (if proper safety measures are met, obviously) and most effective energy sources readily available to us. Unfortunately it's connection to nuclear weaponry and fatal accidents have led many people to fear such technologies (and thus lower funding to nuclear energy), but all of the accidents that happened in nuclear reactors in the past were mostly due to negligence. Not only that but most of the nuclear reactors today were made in the 50's and 60's and thus are incredibly outdated. Newer models don't even need uranium anymore because thorium reactors are a thing. Thorium is safe, abundant, dirt-cheap, produces 100x more energy (i think) than uranium, and the nuclear waste decays after just a few hundred years (as opposed to tens of thousands of years). And a neat side-bonus is that you cannot make nuclear weaponry with thorium :3
If we entirely replaced fossil fuels with nuclear and renewable energy (solar, wind, etc), climate change would slow dramatically.

Unfortunately this doesn't fix the population problem we currently have, but an effective way of mitigating the problem (although highly improbable and would never work on a large scale) is switch to veganism. Massive amounts of land and resources is required to feed livestock across the world, and cattle are responsible for a large portion of green-house gas emissions (20% i think), so if we all went vegan most of the world's problems would diminish, aside from the fact that bacon and bigmacs would be no more :(

Reactions: MZ

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I know this question is for mamp but screw you im answering anyway :3, so far one of the best options we can make rn is switch to nuclear power. Nuclear fission is by far the cleanest, safest (if proper safety measures are met, obviously) and most effective energy sources readily available to us. Unfortunately it's connection to nuclear weaponry and fatal accidents have led many people to fear such technologies (and thus lower funding to nuclear energy), but all of the accidents that happened in nuclear reactors in the past were mostly due to negligence. Not only that but most of the nuclear reactors today were made in the 50's and 60's and thus are incredibly outdated. Newer models don't even need uranium anymore because thorium reactors are a thing. Thorium is safe, abundant, dirt-cheap, produces 100x more energy (i think) than uranium, and the nuclear waste decays after just a few hundred years (as opposed to tens of thousands of years). And a neat side-bonus is that you cannot make nuclear weaponry with thorium :3
If we entirely replaced fossil fuels with nuclear and renewable energy (solar, wind, etc), climate change would slow dramatically.

Unfortunately this doesn't fix the population problem we currently have, but an effective way of mitigating the problem (although highly improbable and would never work on a large scale) is switch to veganism. Massive amounts of land and resources is required to feed livestock across the world, and cattle are responsible for a large portion of green-house gas emissions (20% i think), so if we all went vegan most of the world's problems would diminish, aside from the fact that bacon and bigmacs would be no more :(
Thorium sounds like an interesting and plausible solution, it really is a shame that the anti-nuclear stigma exists. As for your suggestion of conversion to veganism, a world without bacon is a world not worth living in so unfortunately I can not support this idea. Perhaps genetically modifying cows and/or their food so as to attempt to reduce or eradicate methane emissions (for example by genetically modifying their digestive systems to produce some other gaseous waste product that is less harmful to the environment, if this is even possible) could work. If we can make kittens glow in the dark I'm sure we can figure out a way to alter the digestive system of a cow. Switching to environmentally friendly means of transportation is also an important issue (such as electric cars or simply riding a bike as much as possible).

Thorium sounds like an interesting and plausible solution, it really is a shame that the anti-nuclear stigma exists. As for your suggestion of conversion to veganism, a world without bacon is a world not worth living in so unfortunately I can not support this idea. Perhaps genetically modifying cows and/or their food so as to attempt to reduce or eradicate methane emissions (for example by genetically modifying their digestive systems to produce some other gaseous waste product that is less harmful to the environment, if this is even possible) could work. If we can make kittens glow in the dark I'm sure we can figure out a way to alter the digestive system of a cow. Switching to environmentally friendly means of transportation is also an important issue (such as electric cars or simply riding a bike as much as possible).
I'm sure that in a few decades or less the power of electric vehicles will equal or exceed the power of current vehicles, so the issue of cars polluting the atmosphere is slowly improving, thankfully.
Also, and i'm not too sure about this, the gasses produced in our stomachs are largely due to our gut flora, so genetically modifying cows in the way you suggested likely wouldn't work. And it's not like we can kill the bacteria because they are vital to the cow's digestion and thus survival. Maybe we can introduce a new type of bacteria into cows that feed off of the methane before they, you know, fart it out? But then again i haven't researched this topic much so who knows i could be completely wrong and GM cows are the way to go :]

EDIT: I also don't wish to live in a world without bacon but honestly it's one of the more logical solutions if you think about it

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Mamp, not sure if you remember this from a while back:
https://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/comments/31z47a/balanced_hackmons_need_help/
But it was I who posted the question if you hadn't figured it out, thought now would be a good time to post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/comments/31z47a/balanced_hackmons_need_help/cq8ekyx

Don't forget the one and only Caks who proved their absolute true mastery at BH through the use of Shift Gear Blissey

hello Zangooser

MAMP

MAMP!
hoo boy, lots of questions to answer! :0
What are your thoughts on

-Gale Wings M-Ray in BH
-the lack of Unaware walls in BH
-Shedinja in BH
-Red Orb Groudon in BH

And if you mind make me a Blue Orb Kyogre BH team y/y I swear it's viable, and I've never seen one on the ladder before which makes me kinda sad because Sapphire was the first pokemon game I've completed :c
gale wings mray is one of the best mons in bh right now, borderline broken imo

ive been seeing a lot more unaware walls recently, its an ability thats been really underrated for a while imo

shed is ok, its annoying to play against but its never an issue if you build your team well and play carefully against it

red orb don is phenomenal in bh atm, one of the most dangerous offensive threats in the meta and criminally underprepared for

blue orb kyogre is ass and i dont want to build around it, i think highlighter has a team with it tho, ask him about it

Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Do you feel anything when you answer those questions above?

Do you listen to music?

If yes, what kind of music do you listen to?

What do you think about Other Metagames in general? Are they fun? Bad? Too nooby at battling?

Are you annoyed when you answer my questions?
i have no doubt that my life is meaningful, i feel that all life is, fundamentally

n/a

not really? not quite sure what you mean

yes, i listen to lots of music

i posted some of my fav tracks in an earlier answer, generally i listen to a wide range of music but, but in particular i like a lot of hip-hop, rock (especially psych rock and grungy 90s stuff like radiohead), indie pop bands like neutral milk hotel and the microphones, and electronic ambient stuff. i also really like experimental music, stuff that doesnt really sound like anything else, like the avalanches, clouddead, death grips, etc

oms are in a pretty good place at the moment i feel, but there are definitely improvements that i feel could be made. i feel like too many metas are being approved recently, drawing focus away from pre-existing metas. also, i agree with a lot of the points raised in the new direction thread a couple months back, that most oms are very slow to ban things (why is kyu-b still allowed in stabmons :1) and that many om players have a pretty skewed view of what is and isnt broken, altho i really have no idea how to resolve this.

nah, why would i be?

What happened to mampharos and the all-time top post on the Splatoon Reddit?

What would you change about OMs if you had the power to?

Could you justify why you live in such a bad country?

What thought processes do you go through when teambuilding?
Similarly, how do you approach situations when you're playing?

SKYPE OR DISCORD

i was spending way too much time on reddit so i deleted my account. also it was r/splatooncirclejerk, not the main sub :1

see my answer to chopin, also id make averagemons a perma-ladder

hey, at least its better than new zealand (i spent like 10 mins trying to think of a comeback and this is the best i could come up with :1)

usually when i build teams i start with a mon or core that i want to build around and then i put mons that help cover its weaknesses and help it to do its job

i dont actually think when i play, i just click something at random and pray

discord, both are shit tho imo

Is sturdy Shedinja cheating?
everything except belly drum+espeed illusion slaking is cheating imo

Rebellion or nah? (madoka)
Favorite bh meme? Pikachu? Shedinja?
What is the best averagemons clefable set?
What is your favorite averagemons stallbreaker/wallbreaker?
What is your favorite mega (other than mega amp)?
i liked rebellion, but i feel like the original series stands alone better without it. the original series had a really good ending, brought closure to the plot while still leaving enough room for speculation, rebellion was just kinda unnecessary tbh

fav bh meme is either adapt msceptile or that electric terrain mega amp set someone posted in the creative sets thread

idk, im fond of magic guard cm, but all its sets are really good honestly

i really like sd crawdaunt, but specs skrelp, critdra, and np kecleon are all great too

prob mega altaria or mega beedrill

idfk man lol, relocating to a different planet sounds fun i guess so imma go with that

If I gifted you a sweater made out of Mega Ampharos' glorious mane, would you wear it or report me for animal abuse?
i would wear it 24/7 for the rest of my life

neither of those teams are mine :1 the only ag team i have has 4 klefkis

VOTE FOR AVERAGEMONS?
Why is M-Amphy's hair so fabulous?
Is the weed on the show real?
If any currently unviable mon were to become viable in BH, besides M-Amphy, which one would you want it to be, and why?
What is a mon that you used in Averagemons that you ended up disappointed in?
If you were to design a mon, what would it be?
yes

he spends hours brushing it daily

?? is this a meme ?? i dont know anything about memes

reuniclus bc its a cute mon

ive tried to make furfrou work a few times, but its just not that great :1 normal is a lame defensive typing and its movepool sucks ass, like it can wall tons of mons but the best it can do in return is just toxic and then sit in front of them not doing much

mega corsola, itd be kinda like torterra except instead of a tree it has a big coral reef on its back

Hey Mamp, not sure if you remember this from a while back:
https://www.reddit.com/r/stunfisk/comments/31z47a/balanced_hackmons_need_help/
But it was I who posted the question if you hadn't figured it out, thought now would be a good time to post.

lmao, i dont even remember writing that. i hope it helped you with getting into bh! :J

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
If you were choose to give Stats and ability to Mega ampharos, what it would be?

MAMP

MAMP!
If you were choose to give Stats and ability to Mega ampharos, what it would be?
i like its stats as is, but i kinda wish it had a more useful ability. regenerator would be ideal, but even something like static would be better than mold breaker tbh

What hair product(s) does Mega Ampharos use?
natural herbal stuff that he orders online

What was your main alt before you become known on Mamp?
i went through a few names, perplexingpool was my main before i was MAMP

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok I am back with another interview and this time it is with my bestest UU fren and "unknown" OMs C&C Moderator...

[given to me by Shiba himself :)]
Shiba

Hello
Hi

I know you recently paid for the "Shiba" account, but I would still like to know...how did you come up with your username, despite having to be a part of the "x" club for most of your time on PS?
I have a Shiba, it's just kinda stuck as a username ever since I got her back in like 1st grade lmao (SHE'S REALLY OLD)

What was your first ever Pokemon experience? How did you get into competitive Pokemon?
I was always a big Pokemon fan (my first game was Gold), but I didn't actually start playing competitive till XY (hence my inability to play Old Gens at a high level at all) when a friend of mine from Xbox told me to get involved on Smogon/PS. OU seemed kinda mainstream so I got into UU and of course some OMs (mainly just AAA), I personally think I have done a pretty good job getting involved, being a pretty decent/well known player around here.

Most of the OM room on PS! doesn't know you despite you being OM C&C Mods as well as having a decent amount of AAA analyses under your belt. How come your forum presence doesn't reflect on PS (i.e. how come you don't hang out in the room)? What should people expect from you in terms of Other Metagames?
I have a bunch of other commitments on PS, mainly just UU and Tours room, I don't count out the possibility of me getting involved with OM room over summer, but the time really hasn't been there with me w/ the other commitments and college.

What is your favorite OM (on the main server or unofficial) and how often do you play any of the OMs that are on the main server?
AAA, and I play it whenever I can :] (rip the analyses though :[)

What, in your opinion, is the most broken ability in AAA?
Easily Adaptability, anything is extremely powerful with it

Are you going to sign up for OMPL?
Sure thing, I don't know if I'd get drafted though to be quite honest with you.

What are you most known for outside of OMs?
I guess being a UU player/tutor/team rater/subforum contributor, I've invested way too much time into the tier and hope to get into SPL next year with a decent ORAS UUPL record and UU Open outing.

What players do you look up to or are really good friends within the OM community?
Definitely my fellow OM C&C mods unfixable and baconbagon are my greatest friends within the OM community. Without unfixable I obviously wouldn't be where I am right now, so she gets bonus points :^)

If there was anything you could change about AAA and/or the direction of the OMs as whole, what would it be and why?
AAA specifically there isn't really much I would really want to change to be quite honest with you. With a new generation coming up though, I'm obviously really excited to see all the new stuff to make great Pokemon even greater with a new broken ability. I like the way EG and TI run things in OMs, they're obviously really capable leaders for the section and they know what they're doing so I don't think I would change anything with the way their running things there.

Can you post a team from your favorite OM with a brief explanation on how it works?
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Manaphy @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

This is a team I used in AAA open (I got beat out by OM prodigy Kl4ng), but it's pretty basic hyper offense, with hazard lead Deoxys-Speed and a bunch of set up sweepers and hard hitters. My favorite part of the team is probably the Skarmory. SD Gale Wings Skarmory is a very potent threat in the metagame w/ its bulk as well as its ability to just nuke things with a +2 Brave Bird, it's clutched an unbelievable amount of games tbh. But yeah, standard HO ftw

And with that, the interview is done! I am excited to see what questions you guys have in store for Shiba :)

MAMP

MAMP!
do you think that adapt should be banned in aaa?

do you think that the mamoswine/bisharp bans were justified?

cute dog :0 whats her name?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)