Action Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not a member of the current Council, you shouldn't be posting here.

Well, now we have the Action Locking issue before us. What should we do about:

Q1: Your "freedom to edit orders w/o being action-locked" period, if any, should NOT extend your DQ time. If your DQ kicks in first, that edit-freedom is automatically NULLIFIED.
Agree
Disagree

Q2: Preferential Bold Voting.
a) Putting in a pre-mediated clause stating the duration of the free-edit time agreed upon by all parties involved. Said parties may include RP Managers, battlers, referees, Tournament organisers, etc. Applies to both first-order and second-order. Default time, if unspecified, is x hours.
b) Free-edit time being a pre-mediated fraction of the stated DQ interval. Applies to first-order and second-order. Default time, if unspecified, is one third (1/3) of the DQ interval.
c) Within the DQ interval, free-edit ends for first-orders when second-order posts. Free-edit ends for second-orders when referee begins reffing.

Agree

c) Within the DQ interval, free-edit ends for first-orders when second-order posts. Free-edit ends for second-orders when referee begins reffing.

Going with the unpopular opinion here, but I feel like our system of battling would become somewhat..."bureaucratic" if we went with A or B. Not sure of a better way to put it than that.

EDIT: I guess I'll expand upon this a bit, as it's a bit vague. Basically I'm worried about adding more rules to an already complicated game, and how enforceable this actually is. If somebody forgets what the rule is (and it will happen) then it requires a rather roundabout process of somebody tagging the player and demanding them to reorder, when they may not even remember what their original order set was, causing it to be a forced mod intervention digging up the last orders.

Only reason I hit agree on the first part is because we probably do need some regulation, and am willing to at least try something out that we can easily expunge later. (That and I don't think I can change my vote after the fact so...)

Also tagging other councilmembers because I forgot to do that first post:
Dogfish44
deadfox081
ZhengTann
Texas Cloverleaf
Maxim

Last edited:

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Agree

b) Free-edit time being a pre-mediated fraction of the stated DQ interval. Applies to first-order and second-order. Default time, if unspecified, is one third (1/3) of the DQ interval.
a) Putting in a pre-mediated clause stating the duration of the free-edit time agreed upon by all parties involved. Said parties may include RP Managers, battlers, referees, Tournament organisers, etc. Applies to both first-order and second-order. Default time, if unspecified, is x hours.

While Maxim does have a point, and status quo already encourages getting your orders right on the first try, I'm not averse to see how giving a free-edit interval works out, especially for people who don't have a two-hour-block to sit down and mull through their orders.

Also, oh dear. If option a) goes through we'll need a vote on what, 8/12/24/36 hours?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agree

More clauses is a bad idea

Agree

I don't even this this should be a discussion we need have but apparently it has come to it. As much as I hate b) the results of c) are too up in the air.

That's majority folks

Q1: Your "freedom to edit orders w/o being action-locked" period, if any, should NOT extend your DQ time. If your DQ kicks in first, that edit-freedom is automatically NULLIFIED.
Agree

Q2: Preferential Bold Voting

These are now the official action locking policies of ASB. Someone please implement these as soon as possible.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I will implement this on the Handbook in a sec.

BUT I am fiating this addendum: The following rules do NOT apply to Roleplays, unless the respective owners of each RP say otherwise.

Simply because I refuse to wait 10 days for possible edits when doing TLRs -_-.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i decided that this was a stupid idea and a stupid rule that brings very little positive tangible impact and a lot of potential negatively impacting crap and it was a dumb idea and maxim was right and we should have voted this

re vote y/n

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No revotes. If you want to change this decision then return to discussion. Council votes are supposed to be stable, so you will need to make your case via discussion and gather enough support for a review on the matter to be even considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)