Hilarious NPC Quotes

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I strongly assume that he alludes to the fact that in the G/S/C games and the remakes you'd constantly receive annoying phone calls from naggy trainers that never had anything better to do than trying to impress you by constantly bragging about how their insignificant Pokémon just defeated yet another insignificant Pokémon in a battle just now.
The most famous example probably has to be Youngster Joey, constantly talking about how his Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.

Last edited:
I assume that he refers to how in the G/S/C & HG/SS games you constantly received annoying phone calls from naggy trainers that never had anything better to do than trying to impress you by constantly bragging about how their insignificant Pokémon just defeated yet another insigficant Pokémon in a battle just now.
The most famous example probably has to be Youngster Joey, constantly talking about how his Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
Those. I don't remember the exact words.

Sorry for the geeky syntax I used, btw.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I don't know if anyone here has done Pokémon Contest Spectaculars, but I just got the quote of the week from one starring the savage announcer.
"It failed to outdo the last Pokémon. How lackluster..."
The last Pokémon was a Gyarados that had used Hyper Beam last turn. I kind of feel sorry for the poor mon that went on after it.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
But isn't there a guy in ORAS who says "sometimes you have to use pokes you don't like" or words to that effect?
"It's one thing to enjoy leisurely battles, but real battles can be a severe trial. Truly strong Trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokemon that can win rather than their favorite Pokemon." - Old Dude, Battle Resort ORAS
(Not that it's by any means a funny quote, just pointing it out)

"Lately my Gym's waterfall device has been malfunction... Aaaaahh! Boomwhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhooshoowhoosh...! " - Chuck , HGSS

"Oops! I so sorry! You not hurt, okay?"- Rocket Grunt, GSC / HGSS

"Yo! Legend in the making! Since Misty was away, I went out for some fun, too. He-he-he." - Gym Guide, GSC / HGSS

"YUCK! Shouldn't have looked." - Red, RBY (while abroad the S.S. Anne)

"Good! Then listen up! My favorite Rapidash... It... cute... lovely... smart... plus... amazing... you think so?... oh yes... it... stunning... kindly... love it! Hug it... when... sleeping... warm and cuddly... spectacular... ravishing... ...Oops! Look at the time! I kept you too long! Thanks for hearing me out! I want you to have this!"
- Pokémon Fan Club Chairman, Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)