EXTREME Tier Shift

I promise to abuse this <3

Shednija. But campearl with trick room right?
Clamperl doesn't need Trick Room support. It has access to Shell Smash which, after the ETS boosts and assuming it has maxed Speed EVs + Timid, is enough to outspeed every unboosted threat in the metagame (not including Scarfers ofc.) Even Modest is enough if you're willing to let Ninjask and Timid Electrode/Jolly Deoxys-S outspeed you, and those concerns aren't particularly relevant as Ninjask gets boosts after every turn anyway, Deoxys-S isn't offensive, and I have no idea who would run Timid Electrode unless they're that bent on being able to revenge-kill Clamperl without priority.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
I just figured trick room explosion/ slow (fast) u turn(volt might be better to scare off waters) support would let it worry more about coverage and bulk and might pair with mega mawile

Heck if You could set up in front of a counter before explosion more power to ya

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
okay, so i want to bring up a pokemon i know im going to get weird looks for seriously sudgesting is good in this meta...

AbsolouteTank (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic/earthquake/Roar
- Avalanche

okay...so lets be on the same page here, im not saying "hurrdurr increas bulk maek this gud obz. im literally saying, avalugg is actually a decent threat in ets. as some people know, ive been running a very...bizzare team. and avalugg is my physical tank of the team. how physically bulky is avalugg...well...lets just say, you need super effective hits to even dream of 2hkoing avalugg. and even then, you better have STAB on it.

196+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 204-242 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 177-208 (37.4 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 165-195 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- 68.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
and the important part is, avalugg isn't a sitting duck vs them either with his beautiful 157 attack.
0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ursaring: 169-201 (42.1 - 50.1%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after toxic damage not amazing, but a very good chunk for a physical wall to deal in ets. avalugg, despite an awful typing, is by far, a very effective spinner in ets, and although i wouldnt say the best physical wall (hello ironically best "partner in crime" quagsire) its definitely worthy of a team slot for anyone wanting to try out stall and want a spinner.

oh, and just for lulz:
+6 252 Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 195-229 (41.2 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
okay, so i want to bring up a pokemon i know im going to get weird looks for seriously sudgesting is good in this meta...

Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic/earthquake/Roar
- Avalanche

okay...so lets be on the same page here, im not saying "hurrdurr increas bulk maek this gud obz. im literally saying, avalugg is actually a decent threat in ets. as some people know, ive been running a very...bizzare team. and avalugg is my physical tank of the team. how physically bulky is avalugg...well...lets just say, you need super effective hits to even dream of 2hkoing avalugg. and even then, you better have STAB on it.

196+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 204-242 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 177-208 (37.4 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 165-195 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- 68.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
and the important part is, avalugg isn't a sitting duck vs them either with his beautiful 157 attack.
0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ursaring: 169-201 (42.1 - 50.1%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after toxic damage not amazing, but a very good chunk for a physical wall to deal in ets. avalugg, dispite an awful typing, is by far, a very effective spinner in ets, and although i wouldnt say the best (hello ironically best "partner in crime" quagsire) its definatly worthy of a team slot for anyone wanting to try out stall and want a spinner.
Seems neat! Some other cool bulk showcases-
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg in Harsh Sunshine: 204-242 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
That's right, not only can it live the most powerful physical attacker in users on an se stab weather boosted hit, it can recover on it.
It's special bulk isn't half bad either-
252+ SpA Soul Dew Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Avalugg: 393-463 (83 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Avalugg can even beat the most offensive hazard remover1v1, making it an excellent controller for stacking teams as well.

I'm not sure it'll be great in actual play, but it seems to have a lot of potential.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
I might have to make a hail team honestly, but really depends on if walrein or articono have enough of a buff to use their abilities and abuse blizzard/hurricane and bulky toxic (please have taunt)

Haze is also an option... many good mons run it, notably Murkrow who gets priority on it, Quagsire who gets unaware and Articuno who has 820 BST.

If you already have Unaware, Haze isn't needed. Also, 99% of the time, Roar/Whirlwind is more useful than Haze. You can also run Clear Smog on certain mons who can't phaze such as Amoongus or Weezing.

Also, regarding Avalugg's bulk:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Rampardos Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 257-304 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Rampardos not only has this immensely destructive wallbreaking, but also a decent 137/100/90 bulk and an (admittedly) below-average 98 base speed.

LightningLord2 said:
If you already have Unaware, Haze isn't needed. Also, 99% of the time, Roar/Whirlwind is more useful than Haze. You can also run Clear Smog on certain mons who can't phaze such as Amoongus or Weezing.
Haze has two advantages over Unaware in that it beats Baton Pass teams single-handedly (as it doesn't get blocked, reflected or anything) and can handle Stored Power sweepers like Swoobat, Sigilyph(?), etc. Though the Pokemon that have been listed don't enjoy dueling a boosted Swoobat besides one:

+2 252 SpA Swoobat Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Articuno: 153-180 (32.9 - 38.7%)

Even after rocks, and even on a CM switch in you tank a hit and can Roost, Haze, Whirlwind, whatever. I think it's safe to say Amoonguss + Weezing don't stand a chance vs Swoobat thanks to their Psychic weakness. Quagsire falls to a Stored Power (or a Grass move) and Murkrow isn't that viable in the ETS meta but it can handle the bat with relative ease (dependant on its potential coverage move). Don't count out haze ma

I really don't understand why Ubers are allowed in Extreme. I mean, the boosting of lower tier Pokemon makes them viable enough to take on OU threats but having Primal Groudon available is plain stupid. There's barely a Pokemon boosted in PU that can even stand a chance against it. Not to mention a plethora of other Ubers that can only really be dealt with with Ubers.

I really don't understand why Ubers are allowed in Extreme. I mean, the boosting of lower tier Pokemon makes them viable enough to take on OU threats but having Primal Groudon available is plain stupid. There's barely a Pokemon boosted in PU that can even stand a chance against it. Not to mention a plethora of other Ubers that can only really be dealt with with Ubers.
Well, that's simply not true. Things like Golduck, Flygon, Altaria, Cresselia, quagsire... all these and more wall PDon. Every other uber is similar, especially since most of them are already beaten by some low tiered mon or anther (see Arceus with Skarmory and Quagsire). If you cant find a counter in the lower tiers, you aren't looking hard enough. Besides, there isn't anything wrong with using the Ubers, or inherently broken about them.

Baton pass unfortunate in that you need a dedicated counter, otherwise you just get swept. All the core baton pass mons get a disturbing amount of additional bulk with the stat boost which mean that with a few defensive stat changes, subs need 2 or 3 hits to break.

Fortunately, Quagsire exists, featuring both Haze, Unaware, Encore and Recover, which means that it can shut a BP team down by itself.

For example:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/extremetiershift-367731914

Another thing I have found hilarious is
Hustle Raticate

55 --> 95
81 --> 121
60 --> 100
50 --> 90
70 --> 110
97 --> 137

Raticate @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Facade / Final Gambit / Sucker Punch <-- The lure slot
- Retaliate
- U-turn

Hustle gives you the same power boost as guts, but now you don't have to worry about using a flame orb and can get 1.5x more power with an item like choice band. Due to it's nice speed, it makes an amazing revengekiller. 140BP retaliate kills anything slower, and quick attack kills most weakened sweepers with the nice (mostly) neutral spread of normal typed priority. Final Gambit can be used if they try to plop a registeel in front of you.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
i dont see how having titans in the tier like avalugg (almost twice as bulky then aggron, gets recovery, and 20 more attack) sweepers like scyther (145 attack and speed, technician) marowak(literally groudon-bulk with double attack.) and 170-200 attack behemoths like ursaring and rampardos classify as "viable enough to take on ou threats". theres a reason ou isn't used at ALL in ets, and thats because a single pu mon would curbstomp them into the ground like theres no tomorrow. like, some of these pu mons have stats that excel mega rayquaza. (eg: articuno). and then there are the bulkhemoths like mega audino (bulkier then giratina himself) quagsire (literally almost impossible to kill if it wasnt for his grass weakness). if anything, id say ubers actually have a tough as hell time in ets, as stuff like quagsire and maudino make their lives difficult.

HERE I COME
CHUCKLER THAN THE REST OF THEM

I hope you realize just how wrong that is after you read all of this. First off, that's literally wrong. Not only are most teams mostly PU mons, but given the ubiquity of Primal Groudon, this definitely isn't exclusively due to "new toy syndrome". Not only that, but Golduck outspeeds and oneshots almost all Primal Groudon sets, Marowak has pretty much eliminated Mega Mawile's role in the metagame, Mewtwo faces stiff competition from Beheeyem (only beating it in speed unless it goes mega), and Articuno beats out Mega Mewtwo and Rayquaza in terms of highest BST, among other things.

Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic/earthquake/Roar
- Avalanche

0 Atk Avalugg Avalanche vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Ursaring: 169-201 (42.1 - 50.1%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after toxic damage not amazing, but a very good chunk for a physical wall to deal in ets. avalugg, despite an awful typing, is by far, a very effective spinner in ets, and although i wouldnt say the best physical wall (hello ironically best "partner in crime" quagsire) its definitely worthy of a team slot for anyone wanting to try out stall and want a spinner.

oh, and just for lulz:
+6 252 Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 195-229 (41.2 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
I definitely wouldn't use max defense. It has little to no use with that defense. I'd just go 248 hp 252 spdef for MAXIMUM TANKINESS

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I definitely wouldn't use max defense. It has little to no use with that defense. I'd just go 248 hp 252 spdef for MAXIMUM TANKINESS
i mean, id consider tanking stuff like groudon, guts ursaring, and other pokemon stall cry's at the sight of a "use", but again, i was running a stall team, so special attackers weren't hitting ava anyways. if your running bulky offense and want a utility spinner, special def is definitely the better choice.

Idk if anybody mentioned this yet but I am going to.

Furfrou
115/120/100/105/130/142
This thing is very fast with decent support moves, and it is bulky as hell. 115/100/130 bulk with Fur Coat is insane. A specially defensive spread of 248/8/252 in defenses gives you 433 HP, 476 defense, and 394 SpDef, with 320 speed uninvested. If only it got recovery...

Please implement Baton Pass clause. Even a simple quick SmashPass core of Taunt Koff Deo-S + Gorebyss is nigh unstoppable without dedicated counters. People have mentioned stuff like Haze, Unaware, and Ditto, but Ditto is niche at best, Haze users or PHazers are likely to get Taunted by Deoxys or simply killed outright by Gorebyss (and they're easily identified as such because most Haze mons can't viably do much else), and Unaware Quagsire cannot do anything back, and is OHKO'd by Solar Beam Primal Groudon, a common recipient of SmashPass. Even one-time checks like Haze Murkrow (which must come in on Gorebyss directly) may be worn down by hazards and Ice Beams, while the Smash Pass player only needs one successful pass to take out Murkrow, or even win the game. This isn't even getting in to stuff like full Baton Pass teams(which have ways to circumvent their checks).

Last edited:
OK, I definitely stand corrected but damn if you weren't assholes about it. I clearly haven't explored enough options yet to deal with Uber threats, probably because I haven't even had to think about how to beat them for months.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
Thing is no one was even crazy with it yet, because Shednija could be a 2nd win condition even if he could only pass hone claws and sub, he offers forced switches and smashes other baton passes with a boosted shadow sneak

Hey i made some cool sets(some of them are the same from Smogon but with several changes):

TripleTrouble (Dodrio) (M) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Taunt

It's really really good, say goodbye to that Talonflame and say hello to the First gen!
PSD; Safety Googles is for Focus sash-Sleep Power users.

Shadow (Luxray) (M) @ Life Orb/Flame Orb/Toxic Orb
Ability: Intimidate/Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Crunch/Facade
- Superpower/Facade
- Quick Attack

There's not much to say, it's really strong and works preety well. Psd: Quick attack is for picking weakened foes.

Jack (Samurott) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent/Shell Armor
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Ice Beam/Megahorn
- Waterfall/Hydro Pump/scald

This set works surprisingly well, since Samurott already had decent mixed stats, now with the 30+ stat boosts it can be tough as nuts.

Simiswag (Simisage) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 184 Atk / 184 SpA / 140 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

Basically it's the same set used in PU, but a little bit more balanced between SP.ATK and ATK. Note that in battle Simisage is going to have over 350 on his offensive stats, a high speed and better bulk.

JOHN CENA (Machoke) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Dynamic Punch
- Rock Slide

IT'S JOHN CENA!!! The assault vest is needed in order to survive a special attack properly.

Ashley (Misdreavus) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Power Gem

It's not a perfect set, but it works, if you want to use Mismagius with the same set it's ok, but Misdreavus will have more defense and hp than Mismagius.

Audino-Mega (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect

Fairy bulk for days. Basically the same set used in NU, but it works far better(you can survive a iron head from life orb rampardos, so i think it's good.)

Pyroar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

With this set you're going to hit hard and fast. Charizard can do the same thing but better, however it doesn't have a secondary high power stab move also it's really weak to rock, unlike Pyroar. I like pyroar :3

FaceOfMercy (Marill) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch/Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Officially Marill hits harder, faster and is bulkier than Azumarill, but only in this tier...
PSD: With Assault vest you can survive a Critical Hit Solar Beam from Magmortar (i was really surprised when it survived 0__0 )

Stoutland (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Play Rough

It works

Pidgeot (M) @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Tangled Feet
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird/Double-Edge
- Defog
- U-turn
- Quick Attack

It's not good as Dodrio, but you'll be bulkier, also it can clean the field from hazards. Again, Quick attack picks up weakened foes, but this time you'll receive STAB.
I love this tier :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)