Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...now, I'm not expecting this to be a regular feature from now, but at least it's nice to see them acknowledging the problem of dropping worldwide news in a way that makes the fansites acquire and spread the news days before the official channels.
The hope is strong in this one.

"From now on"

Remember how flawed the first reveal of Gen VII was in comparison to Gen VI. GF never fails from time to time to disappoint us.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Just be aware of fakes at the moment guys... Hype is reaching critical mass and there will be fake leaks etc.

Just had one posted into the #Smogon chat, image of the Starters with some other GF/Japanese text etc, looked fairly legit (apart from the low quality). Found the artist of the fake starters pretty quickly afterwards so... No news yet.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
HYPE!!!
This bears repeating. Hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hyp- *gets tranquilized*
Actually I'm going to do an experiment. I'm going to go in it being a bit salty. The info they reveal I'm going to judge on how much does it reveal like sneak peak information or actually in-depth info. If it's just a sneak peak, I'm going to be "salty". Why? Because the sneak peak is something we should have had a month ago! If it's some indepth information but not a lot, I'm just going to be "cool". Why? Well it's nice they're finally giving us some information after jerking us around but it still took them a while to do it. And if they released a fair bit of information then I'll get hype (I'll take it as an apology for making us wait so long).

BTW, if you're going to post here remember spoiler tags, some people are trying to keep themselves in the dark until the games are released.

At the beginning of the post you want to hide you put [ hide ] without the spaces.
When you're done with the spoiler at the end you put [ / hide ] without the spaces.

If you want to put a title in your tag like I did then at the beginning you instead put [ hide="(YOUR TEXT HERE)" ] without the spaces. You still end the spoiler the same.

Seeya on the moderately enthused train (with a hype tubro button, just for emergencies).

Oh good, a day after my birthday. Hopefully it will actually be worth a shit this time.

HYPE!!!!

This bears repeating! Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype! Hype- *Brock's Croagunk tries to use Poison Jab*

Oh hell NO!!! You cannot derail the HYPE TRAIN! Lady Luminara, use Psyshock!

Last edited:
Actually I'm going to do an experiment. I'm going to go in it being a bit salty. The info they reveal I'm going to judge on how much does it reveal like sneak peak information or actually in-depth info. If it's just a sneak peak, I'm going to be "salty". Why? Because the sneak peak is something we should have had a month ago! If it's some indepth information but not a lot, I'm just going to be "cool". Why? Well it's nice they're finally giving us some information after jerking us around but it still took them a while to do it. And if they released a fair bit of information then I'll get hype (I'll take it as an apology for making us wait so long).

BTW, if you're going to post here remember spoiler tags, some people are trying to keep themselves in the dark until the games are released.

At the beginning of the post you want to hide you put [ hide ] without the spaces.
When you're done with the spoiler at the end you put [ / hide ] without the spaces.

If you want to put a title in your tag like I did then at the beginning you instead put [ hide="(YOUR TEXT HERE)" ] without the spaces. You still end the spoiler the same.

Seeya on the moderately enthused train (with a hype tubro button, just for emergencies).
The thing is, I think that showing concept art and them working on Unnamed Bird Pokemon does constitute a sneak peek, so we did already get one.

The issue, of course, is the fact that was in Feburary and this is now May. One sneak peek a few months back is hardly sufficient to keep the hype flowing. (Arguably that's more of a neutral thing, imo, since too much hype too quickly is as bad as too little hype in general. We still have a few months for the hype for this game to build up. I'm hoping they have a good plan for it.)

So about 7am my time next tuesday? (International date line and all that Nope. 9pm JST = 7am Central on the same day.) sounds good to me! Worth noting that is about when the corocoro leaks usually crop up. It'll remain to be seen if they are the same or different. I wonder if Nintendo is aware of the leaks and are timing this reveal as a distraction or something?

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
He's even made 2 blog entries about it.
The newer one has a countdown to that news.

So it's so big, it needs a countdown?

I'm keeping my expectations set to absolute low. We MIGHT get something big, or it might just be a whole lot of hot air, and nothing special.

At the very LEAST, give us the actual box art covers and MAYBE the starters and Legendary information. That's all I'd like to see.

I'm personally going to pretend the May 10th update doesn't exist until proven otherwise. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind it all that much if we got nothing again - I'll actually be able to go into a Pokemon game blind for the first time since Diamond.

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
If the news is this big I wouldn't be surprised if they announce that the game will be released on the 3DS family of consoles and then they announce now it'll also be released on NX

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If the news is this big I wouldn't be surprised if they announce that the game will be released on the 3DS family of consoles and then they announce now it'll also be released on NX
Hardly. First and foremost, the NX isn't due for release until 2017 (and we don't even know if it'll be a handheld). Most fans of Pokémon would buy Sun and Moon at release, in late 2016, and there would be little reason to buy the games again on a new console four months later (and that's assuming Sun and Moon would be launch titles for the NX). Also, you lose the "console seller" aspect - why buy an NX when you can play the games on your existing 3DS? No reason to buy a new console if you already own a console that can play the games you want.

Releasing it on both platforms - but on the oldest platform first, several months before the other - doesn't seem fiscally sound. Lots of extra work porting and distributing the games, very little gained in actual sales. I think we'll see another Gen V situation, wherein the second set of games in the generation were released well after the launch of the 3DS. B2W2 were developed "exclusively" for the old DS, even though the 3DS had been in stores for months by then. I think we'll have to wait another two years or so before we see a core series Pokémon game exclusive to the NX.

Also, if 3DS games are compatible with the NX (all Nintendo handhelds have been compatible with the generation immediately preceeding it), why bother to release them for the NX at all?

Hardly. First and foremost, the NX isn't due for release until 2017 (and we don't even know if it'll be a handheld). Most fans of Pokémon would but Sun and Moon at release, in late 2016, and there would be little reason to buy the games again on a new console four months later (and that's assuming Sun and Moon would be launch titles for the NX). Also, you lose the "console seller" aspect - why buy an NX when you can play the games on your existing 3DS? No reason to buy a new console if you already own a console that can play the games you want.

Releasing it on both platforms - but on the oldest platform first, several months before the other - doesn't seem fiscally sound. Lots of extra work porting and distributing the games, very little gained in actual sales. I think we'll see another Gen V situation, wherein the second set of games in the generation were released well after the launch of the 3DS. B2W2 were developed "exclusively" for the old DS, even though the 3DS had been in stores for months by then. I think we'll have to wait another two years or so before we see a core series Pokémon game exclusive to the NX.

Also, if 3DS games are compatible with the NX (all Nintendo handhelds have been compatible with the generation immediately preceeding it), why bother to release them for the NX at all?
Well, while they are not part of the main series nor developed by Game Freak, Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team had a GBA and a DS version.

Not that I can see that happening in this case, though.

So lets talk about Magearna... I'm pretty confident that it will be getting Shift Gear and maybe Gear Grind... I also thinks it ability is going to be Technician

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So lets talk about Magearna... I'm pretty confident that it will be getting Shift Gear and maybe Gear Grind... I also thinks it ability is going to be Technician
As Karxrida said, we try to keep unfounded speculation to a minimum here. When it basically amounts to guesswork, it doesn't make a good foundation for discussion. And it's not fun neither for users nor visitors to trudge through page upon page of "wouldn't it be great if...".

Anyway, welcome to Orange Islands!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So here is my checklist for Tuesday:
  • Box Art
  • Cover Legendaries
  • Starters
  • Region
  • Main Characters
  • 1 or 2 new pokemon (Mysterious Bird Pokemon in release trailer perhaps?)
  • Maybe a new mega evolution if that is still going to exist in this game
I hope most of these happen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)