Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aggron is more garbage IMO, Trevenant isn't half bad it just has a hard time fitting onto teams
Aggron was a decent wall breaker in RU, just Tyrantrum outclassed it in certain ways. Trev is cursed with being in a tier full of fire and dark types that make it extremely sad.

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
theres no point in adding steel wing if you can already use solar beam to destroy diancie :/
Solar Beam is bad, Steel Wing can destroy Diancie and after some Moxie boosts go to hit any Rock / Fairy without care about recoil or stat drop.

Speaking of FU, here are the drops/rises.

We lost:
- Lumineon (wtf PU)

We got:
- Mightyena

That's it.

EDIT: Fraxure is BL5. Antar's banlist only includes Pokemon that are PU by usage, but Fraxure was banned around early ORAS.
oh, btw, this reminded me. FU is now playable with it's own ladder on Origin.psim.us under the name of ZU. It's been a thing for a while but a lot of people are talking about how it still has a following and thought people would want to know a place to play. On there tho, Simisear is banned (it literally clicks nasty plot and wins). ZU/FU even has its own room on there. Anyways, FU is looking mighty fun with Mightyena tbh (punpunpun)

We had two Pokemon move from relatively low tiers all the way up to OU. Whoah.

Also people need to stop using Ambipom, Typhlosion, and Cincinno. They seriously need to drop at this point.

Also while RU dodged a bullet with Haxorus, UU got two straight to the face in the form of Mega Alakazam and Mega Altaria
I agree with ambi and cinno,but typhlosion got banned from nu so there's no place for it to go

About time the OU to UU drops happened! Especially Sylveon; people finally got smart and learned that the Eeveelutions suck in OU. Sorry that OU kept using Zapdos though.

I think I speak for most OU players when I say that I have no idea why Zapdos moved back to OU :/
This stood out to me because I think Zapdos fully deserves to be OU. Pressure + immunity to Ground makes it an excellent Defog user on stall (arguably the best playstyle right now) and it's a good check to some extremely troublesome mons such as Mega Pinsir and Tornadus-Therian.

Unlike most walls it also offers relatively strong offense + coverage. This, along with its ability to spread paralysis, makes it very difficult for offensive teams to even switch stuff in against it.

Zapdos also has notably higher usage near the top of the ladder as well as an excellent win % in Tour. These facts show what an effective bird Zapdos can be.

As for the other stats, Celebi is finally where it belongs. Dog knows why that stayed in OU for as long as it did.

Stall staples Amoonguss and Quagsire moving up is also nice to see.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Steelix: 174-205 (49.1 - 57.9%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO

Considering that it lacks reliable recovery, it won't take long until it can no longer act as a reliable stop to Honch. And this is before considering mixed sets.

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Steelix: 174-205 (49.1 - 57.9%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO

Considering that it lacks reliable recovery, it won't take long until it can no longer act as a reliable stop to Honch. And this is before considering mixed sets.
Yeah...Honchkrow only can destroy Alomomola thanks to recoil + life orb + rocky helmet if used + wish = rip Honchkrow lol, but beside this, RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)