Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conkeldurr moved from OU to UU

Machamp has no place in the world anymore this month, it'll probably drop down to RU in June

Last edited:
> OU Teambuilder Changes to match the changes

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Honchkrow is in UU, which is banned."

IT'S FUCKING IN RU NOW

Now that we can no longer talk about Sylveon hmmm....

OU free Quagsire, Zapdos, Mew, and Klefki
Was banned when it was in it.

Sandstorm571

I COULD BE BANNED!
I'm actually surprised that Altaria/Alakazam-Mega are in UU. We should enjoy it now, as it's just going to go back to OU/BL. Anyways, we have a replacement dragon dancer and a new fast special sweeper!

I'm actually surprised that Altaria/Alakazam-Mega are in UU. We should enjoy it now, as it's just going to go back to OU/BL. Anyways, we have a replacement dragon dancer and a new fast special sweeper!
They two megas were bl'd before they dropped down.

Can people stop talking about the Altaria/Kazam drop, as they really didn't drop at all and aren't going to be retested.....ever.

Actually thought Mega Sceptile was going to be ruined by Mega Altaria and Mega Alakazam for a second. Found out the thread was wrong about the previously stated megas. Still don't know why Conkeldurr is UU Machamp is going to be outclassed now and Florges might as well be in RU. Sylveon outclasses it offensively, and Blissey outclasses it defensively. Sad to see one of my personal favorite fairies lose because of its ability. :(

Actually thought Mega Sceptile was going to be ruined by Mega Altaria and Mega Alakazam for a second. Found out the thread was wrong about the previously stated megas. Still don't know why Conkeldurr is UU Machamp is going to be outclassed now and Florges might as well be in RU. Sylveon outclasses it offensively, and Blissey outclasses it defensively. Sad to see one of my personal favorite fairies lose because of its ability. :(
Not at all. CM+Synth+Heal Bell and better speed and special bulk is enough to give it a niche IMO, but we won't know for sure. Machamp is sure as all hell not being outclassed, it's still damn powerful and tanky.

I, personally, am happy to see Amoonguss go.

Machamp's Guts set was already outclassed by Heracross. It still has its No Guard Dynamic Punch niche.

Now, Conkeldurr will probably be the better of the two overall, but Machamp will still be as good as ever.

changing my teams like crazy XDXD
sylveon is going to give florges a harsh competition, florges will still be better at calm mind sweeping but otherwise sylveon is generally better.
amoongus and quagsire in ou, i really need to work on breaking stall
conkeldurr is going to mostly outclass machamp, only niche machamp has is no guard dynamic punch
not entirely sure how well celebi will do, but there's now a whole bunch of psychic types in there
trevenant still didn't drop .-. but gastrodon and aggron dropped instead .-.
gonna spam honchkrow in RU now XD If it stays in RU then absol will be mad

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Celebi moved from OU to UU
Honchkrow moved from UU to RU
Gastrodon moved from RU to NU
Aggron moved from RU to NU
Alakazam-Mega moved from OU to UU (BL)
Altaria-Mega moved from OU to UU (BL)
Quagsire moved from NU to OU
Smeargle moved from RU to NU
Mawile moved from NU to PU
Sylveon moved from OU to UU
Amoonguss moved from RU to OU
Zapdos moved from UU to OU
Fuck...losing zappy will be hard on uu specially when it was practically on every team lmao. Mandy now becomes primary bulky defogger again. Kind of feel bad for ru though, virizion will be even better than before now.
Machamp is a sad story though, I just don't want it to go down to ru or something due to that fat fucker conkellder :(.
Also, fucking stall, why don't we bring up quagsire to ou as if there are no good special moves in ou. Sylvi to uu was deserved though now no eeveelution could brag about being in ou.
Honchcrow is going to fuck up ru though

Last edited:

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Tier Shift was p unfort thanks OU ladder. I expect to see quagsire and amoongus drop back down eventually although they are niche.

Honchkrow moved from UU to RU
Yes.

Aggron moved from RU to NU
YES.

Sylveon moved from OU to UU
YESSSSSSSSS!

Quagsire moved from NU to OU
Amoonguss moved from RU to OU
Zapdos moved from UU to OU
Oh wait, rip

"Sylveon moved from OU to UU"
*puts Choice Specs on* I wish I used Sylveon more...

"Altaria-Mega moved from OU to UU"
... I have no words. Wait...
It's better that Sylveon dropped tbh. It was horribly outclassed in OU by several mons, namely Clefable and Mega Gardevoir. Sure, it does suck that Florges has some intense competition with Sylv, but it's definitely for the better.

Also, Mega Altaria (and Mega Alakazam) dropping doesn't matter, as they both got quickbanned to BL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)