Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
They better bring back customizable trainer looks and outfits. That made your character more special and unique, instead of the generic male/female.
I think the main reason they didn't have it in ORAS was because they wanted to keep the "iconic" models of Brendan and May. That's just my theory anyway. I don't forsee them regressing without it in a new generation.

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Character customization doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd remove in a new generation. If anything, Pokemon Amie is that kind of feature, although I can't see them removing that either because then they'd have to come up with a new way for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon.

If anything, they should be expanding character customization because the limited customization options in X and Y (especially for males) was one of the biggest complaints.

But in all reality, as long as they fix the lag in Triple Battles, I'll be fine.

Character customization doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd remove in a new generation. If anything, Pokemon Amie is that kind of feature, although I can't see them removing that either because then they'd have to come up with a new way for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon.

If anything, they should be expanding character customization because the limited customization options in X and Y (especially for males) was one of the biggest complaints.

But in all reality, as long as they fix the lag in Triple Battles, I'll be fine.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time that they changed/added a new way to evolve a Pokemon. Look at Feebas, for example.

Anyway, I agree regarding the character customization thing, with more options to create a more unique character. Things like height and "chubbiness" should be added as well, for example, along with some more skin shades and stuff. If all, they should do something else as well: give to the player the possibility to remove the hat. For some reason, the fact that I couldn't remove my hat bugged me somewhat in XY.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, it wouldn't be the first time that they changed/added a new way to evolve a Pokemon. Look at Feebas, for example.

Anyway, I agree regarding the character customization thing, with more options to create a more unique character. Things like height and "chubbiness" should be added as well, for example, along with some more skin shades and stuff. If all, they should do something else as well: give to the player the possibility to remove the hat. For some reason, the fact that I couldn't remove my hat bugged me somewhat in XY.

Just kidding... But yeah, hat removal would be nice, also things like facial hair (for males), age, glasses, etc. would be nice, but in all reality simply having more clothing options to choose from would be nice.

E: Also, hair color. Fuck, that selection was pathetic. Just give us a color slider to pick that. If I want purple hair, I'm gonna have purple hair

Last edited:
E: Also, hair color. Fuck, that selection was pathetic. Just give us a color slider to pick that. If I want purple hair, I'm gonna have purple hair
But it's an anime-style game. You gotta have Blue Hair. (oldobscureinternetreferencessaywhat?)

If it's so big that Masuda is making a big deal about it... i wonder if most or all of the pokemon trademark names that were found will be revealed? that would mean the box legendaries and most likely the starters, so it seems possible. It has a high potential to be big, for sure.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Don't get your hopes up for customization coming back. I get the feeling like it's gone because GF is so out of touch, and it's not like the feature missing will kill sales enough to convince them to invest time into it.

But it's an anime-style game. You gotta have Blue Hair. (oldobscureinternetreferencessaywhat?)
Japanese cartoons are weird, man.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
The founder of Hong Kong Pokemon Alliance pointed out an interesting observation:

Masuda might be foreshadowing the next region in his tweets and LINE blog.
Lately, he had been using the word "Ciao" to end his LINE blogs and longer tweets.
It MAY mean the next region is Italy.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The founder of Hong Kong Pokemon Alliance pointed out an interesting observation:

Masuda might be foreshadowing the next region in his tweets and LINE blog.
Lately, he had been using the word "Ciao" to end his LINE blogs and longer tweets.
It MAY mean the next region is Italy.
Just to reiterate, then:
  • Magearna being a robot/industrial maid MAY mean the next region is England
  • Kalos lacking a southern portion and third game MAY mean the next region is Southern France, or Spain since that's quite close.
  • The Moai-statue-like Strange Souvenir MAY mean the next region is Polynesia
  • The yellow fire trucks with a Blastoise in it shown in concept art MAY mean the next region is Hawaii
  • The only building shown in the concept art looks a lot like Raffles Hotel, and that MAY mean the next region is Singapore
And now Italy. We don't really have much of a clue yet, have we?

Whenever they actually reveal what the next region is like, I'm going to be all "Didn't call it!". The few clues we do have, point in every direction at once.

Watch it be Mars or some other place in space.
You rang?

In all seriousness: i think they may just mix a few tropical regions together for the next region, but am assuming Hawaii may be the main focal point. Btw: the unnamed bird pokemon was said by a few people to resemble a woodpecker that is native to Hawaii. (Edit: perhaps i was mistaken. It does, however, resemble a Red Crested Cardinal, (imo) which can be found in Hawaii (and South America) so point not invalidated.) There's that going for it too.

Holy crap, I didn't realize Homestar was that old.
Yeah... It's one of those things that makes you feel old.

Last edited:
A video has basically been confirmed. Masuda said to check the Pokémon YouTube channel tomorrow.
So it'll probably be the trailer video again followed by a screen displaying the words "Thanks for watching. More information to come soon." while Dogsong plays for 20 minutes.

J/k: it'll probably be a Pokemon Direct or something similar in this case. Makes me think corocoro may be a rehash of this info. (Meaning if it gets leaked today...)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I don't think it'd be a Direct, then it would have been marketed as such.

Anybody remember the ORAS announcement? If I recall correctly, they just dropped that on their YouTube channel pretty much out of nowhere. One day, there was a trailer for a new Pokémon game. Only this time, they're announcing it.

This may sound like I'm trying (too hard?) to observe a pattern, but remember how the pre-release information of Black/White and X/Y didn't show us much until the month of May of their respective years? In 2010, we only got Zorua and Zoroark until that particular month, in which the Unova starters and regional Legends were officially revealed. The same applied to the Kalos starters, regional Legends, and Sylveon in 2013, when we eventually got Fletchling, Pancham, Gogoat, and Helioptile. The March and April issues of CoroCoro tend not to give us anything.

The deal with March and April is most likely the same deal this time around. We won't know what it is until tomorrow 21:00 JST (7:00 in my time. That's quite late, considering when I tend to get up.) However, we could safely assume that something will happen, even we don't specifically know what that something is. Please try to be optimistic about the event this time, fellow users.

Well, whatever it is, I probably won't be able to look at it until tomorrow evening, due to going to job orientation.

This may sound like I'm trying (too hard?) to observe a pattern, but remember how the pre-release information of Black/White and X/Y didn't show us much until the month of May of their respective years? In 2010, we only got Zorua and Zoroark until that particular month, in which the Unova starters and regional Legends were officially revealed. The same applied to the Kalos starters, regional Legends, and Sylveon in 2013, when we eventually got Fletchling, Pancham, Gogoat, and Helioptile. The March and April issues of CoroCoro tend not to give us anything.
There's one problem: there isn't a pattern. For example, we had Xerneas, Yveltal, and the Kalos starters when X and Y was announced in January 2013 while we didn't get the Sinnoh starters until a month before Diamond and Pearl were released in Japan.
Still, not showing us much isn't the problem. It's not showing us anything AND constantly teasing us and then showing us nothing.

Am I the only one a bit scarred from the last two months? I know they said we'd be getting info on SM tomorrow but I can't help but to be afraid that it's going to be another troll. (I know it isn't but ugh. My hopes are not up for this.)

Am I the only one a bit scarred from the last two months? I know they said we'd be getting info on SM tomorrow but I can't help but to be afraid that it's going to be another troll. (I know it isn't but ugh. My hopes are not up for this.)
We are all scarred and I am also worried that it might be another troll moment, though hope springs eternal and I do get a quarter from the Hope Commission every time I say the word hope, so I might as well keep my hopes up.

Reactions: JES
Predicting this video will just announce the game's box art and nothing more. If they were gonna reveal starters + gameplay, they most likely would have done it in a Nintendo Direct or something of that matter.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

The deal with March and April is most likely the same deal this time around. We won't know what it is until tomorrow 21:00 JST (7:00 in my time. That's quite late, considering when I tend to get up.) However, we could safely assume that something will happen, even we don't specifically know what that something is. Please try to be optimistic about the event this time, fellow users.
There's one problem: there isn't a pattern. For example, we had Xerneas, Yveltal, and the Kalos starters when X and Y was announced in January 2013 while we didn't get the Sinnoh starters until a month before Diamond and Pearl were released in Japan.
Still, not showing us much isn't the problem. It's not showing us anything AND constantly teasing us and then showing us nothing.
User Menace64 at reddit made this album for the other games with their debuts/leaks/information from Nintendo

http://imgur.com/a/VEJKJ#0

It does appear to be mostly random as GF seem to just do what they like when it comes to giving us new information. But, as has happened with every generation there has been at least one huge gap of information. Outs has basically been since the announcement was made until today. Hopefully they give us a little something something to tide us over until more news happens...

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's half an hour before the video comes out. If you want to be part of this experience in real time chat with some of the fellow Orange Island peeps, come on over to #oi and... well yeah. Just make a nickname and you can see it with us. And should information be revealed there will probably be real time discussion with it.

I will say it again:

Come to #oi if you want to be in real time chat with other members of the community while the information is being revealed (or lack thereof)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)