Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#TeamRowlet ! I think it's cute and a dual typing (too bad Tropius / Jumpluff line)

A water sea lion AGAIN ? :(

The legendary for Sun is a BEAST ! It's a MEGGGGGGGGA Pyroar ahaha ! I Guess Fire/Fairy types !
The legendary for Moon is meh ... It's a Flying Batwoman ! I guess Flying Dark ? Or Too much Yveltal ... ? Flying Fairy maybe

Reactions: JES
There is also still clothing customization it seems. At one point, the male character's shirt is white and BLACK stripes, instead of white and blue like every other shot.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
There is also still clothing customization it seems. At one point, the male character's shirt is white and BLACK stripes, instead of white and blue like every other shot.
Customization is confirmed in the Japanese video Kaxrida posted.
We can now choose from 4 shades of skin color.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
That moment when Game Freak hates Europe and we get it 5 days later :'(
It might change, but usually when Ninty say a date they stick to it :(

Also

Island looks reasonably small from this angle... Maybe there will be a lot more islands/lots of travelling between different areas in this game? I'm happy customization is back, going to kinda miss the Chibi style characters though that XY had for the proper models now...

So it is, good eye!
Also: i went back and checked for my prediction on the release date and was off by a couple of weeks (I guessed Nov. 4th.) It's a good thing Sun and Moon come out a week before Black Friday.

Someone pointed out that the male protagonist's pants have different accents in these two images. This could just be a beta change, but it looks like character customization (outside of skin tone which is obviously back) might just be back.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OMG those starters are so cute, I don't know which one to choose!

Solgaleo looks badass as fuck. Don't totally get Lunaala, but an Uber bat seems cool!

Also, really glad customization is back, I was worried gamefreak was gonna be dumb and not include it again!

Finally, I'm liking the look of the overworld a lot more in Sun and Moon. Not only is Hawaii a great setting, but the Alola looks a lot less... grid-like than Kalos!

It might change, but usually when Ninty say a date they stick to it :(

Also

Island looks reasonably small from this angle... Maybe there will be a lot more islands/lots of travelling between different areas in this game? I'm happy customization is back, going to kinda miss the Chibi style characters though that XY had for the proper models now...
Yeah, my thoughts too. This region does look small.

My only hope for this game is that there are actual things to do once you defeat the E4. The lack of story after beating XY was a huge let down for me. Here's to hoping Gamefreak doesn't do it again.

Reactions: JES

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I managed to get stuck in a phone call for almost 20 minutes just before the announcement started, but I got back to the office in time to load up the OI IRC channel and a stream that featured the announcement. It was late, hadn't started yet. I had just made it back in time.

And then my PC crashed. Took five minutes to fix. The stream was over when I got Internet back. Not exactly a ruined day for me, but kind of annoying when it happened.

As for my reactions to the trailer... give me some time to sort my thoughts out, and I'll have some sort of essay up on it later.

Island looks reasonably small from this angle... Maybe there will be a lot more islands/lots of travelling between different areas in this game?
Well, Hawaii is a chain of islands. It makes sense to have players travel from island to island as the game goes on. Hopefully without too many long, tedious periods of surfing. What we see there is obviously just the starter island.

I think they'll pull off the tropical theme well enough (Hoenn was quite good, after all), but somehow I feel that fixing the notorious shortcomings of the Ice type won't exactly be the focal point of Pokémon design this time either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)