Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just so happy with the new region being based on Hawaii. Anybody played Super Mario Sunshine? How can you not fall in love with the Sun, the sea and how cheerful this is?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Actually, he's Professor Hala:

And yes, that's a type of tree that can be found in Hawaii.
RIP the dream

Anyway, I like Rowlett and Popplio a lot, although Litten isn't that great a design imo. Prolly gonna use Popplio Rowlett first.

edit: typo'd

Okay, I definitely don't have enough time to go over everything, and I have a job orientation session to prepare for. Lots to look over, and I have some of my own (perhaps scathing) opinions, but I just don't have time to go over 107 messages!

I could see Popplio turning into a water/fighting type. First of all it's based on the Hawaiian Monk Seal and everybody knows about the tropes depicting monks as elite martial artists. It would also fit into what they did in Gen 6 with the starters with the final forms being weak to both of the STABs of the other starter.

If that were true then Litten would have to turn into a Fire/Rock or Fire/Ice type since they're the only types that hits flying super effectively while being weak to fighting and that's where it gets tricky (since neither makes a ton of sense from Litten's design). I suppose the weird stripes on its head could turn into a rocky crest or something?

I wonder if Rowlet will even stay Grass/Flying, Gamefreak might swerve us and make it the first starter to change secondary type.

Just noticed something...

The island they showed in the footage looks to be ONE city (with maybe a couple routes and a cave/volcano area)... Not a region. I see one Pokemon center, a harbor, and by the size of the roads, it doesn't look to be an entire region.

Holy shit, this region is going to be massive.

Yeah I'm kind of with you on that. There's that point, the fact that you see the starter town with the little arena thing there near the center, and the fact that you can literally see cars from this point. That's not a big island, and like you said might be either one city, or just a few of them. It also curves around the back of that mountain too, so there's more to it. I dunno. I think we aren't seeing the whole map on Oahu alone. I'm curious what other islands there will be when we get a full map.

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
I still think that the evil group will probably want to turn off the sun, though.
Nah, it will go like this:

Jokes aside, am I the only one who thinks the water type starter is so cute? The 3D model doesn't do justice for it, but looking at the concept art, I just have to say it's too cute!

Also let's just appreciate the beauty of Lunaala, since everyone seems to love Solgaleo so much... :(

Since it appears we might have separate islands for one or more towns, it might be possibly we'll see an Eon Flute like feature again? I absolutely loved the Eon Flute and would love to use it on more pokemon than the Latis.

Real trainers love all the Pokemon. I mean, all 5 things they revealed look really rad to me.
(Litten is my friend. Best Fire-type starter)

Looking at the starters as we witness their glory, I can't decide on my favorite. My least favorite could be Rowlet (Popplio is adorable! Why is everyone bitching?), but I don't even dislike it. This is the fourth region in which I like the entire trio; the previous regions were Kanto, Hoenn, and Kalos. My opinion is subject to change once the game is released, and we get a confirmation on their stats and move pools.

I am getting so many thoughts on things for the future right now.

Litten could end up being a Fire/Ghost type? During one of its attacks we see it arch up its back, which cats do, but it's a classic Halloween spooky cat pose. It also is a black cat with bright yellow eyes, also common for Halloween spooky cats. By my case though it could be Fire/Dark too.

Reactions: JES
I am getting so many thoughts on things for the future right now.

Litten could end up being a Fire/Ghost type? During one of its attacks we see it arch up its back, which cats do, but it's a classic Halloween spooky cat pose. It also is a black cat with bright yellow eyes, also common for Halloween spooky cats. By my case though it could be Fire/Dark too.
Litten, if we base on its coloration (wich is amazing btw) could end up Dark/Fire or a neat Poison/Fire, imo.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
New Chinese names are assigned to the original 151.
In which, sometimes, the Hong Kong name is used, whilst sometimes the Taiwanese name is used.
There are also cases where 2 names fused to each other,
but there are also cases where neither are used.

I hope the negativity in Chinese speaking countries can settle down as soon as possible.
The negativity is horrid.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah, finally washed away the stink of that Robopon avatar! Granted, I'm gonna need to find a good avatar of Solgaleo, since I gotta have an Uber avatar :P.

But anyways, since this trailer pretty much confirmed all the trademark leaks as legit, there are two trademarks that are still unaccounted for.

Gigareki: This one wasn't romanized. I heard it means something like "rubbish"? Maybe its some sort of new gameplay mechanic...

Marshadow: Alright here we go, this is almost certainly a Pokemon! Considering the fact that it has an english sounding name, I wonder if its supposed to be the "third" legend, representing the Eclipse to counterpoint Solgaleo's sun and Lunaala's moon. Mar makes me think "mare", so maybe its some sort of shadow horse? Or maybe its some dark / water swamp monster thing, not sure.

Ah, finally washed away the stink of that Robopon avatar! Granted, I'm gonna need to find a good avatar of Solgaleo, since I gotta have an Uber avatar :P.

But anyways, since this trailer pretty much confirmed all the trademark leaks as legit, there are two trademarks that are still unaccounted for.

Gigareki: This one wasn't romanized. I heard it means something like "rubbish"? Maybe its some sort of new gameplay mechanic...

Marshadow: Alright here we go, this is almost certainly a Pokemon! Considering the fact that it has an english sounding name, I wonder if its supposed to be the "third" legend, representing the Eclipse to counterpoint Solgaleo's sun and Lunaala's moon. Mar makes me think "mare", so maybe its some sort of shadow horse? Or maybe its some dark / water swamp monster thing, not sure.
The unicorn dream lives on in Marshadow until we know what it looks like.

Reactions: JES
Litten, if we base on its coloration (wich is amazing btw) could end up Dark/Fire or a neat Poison/Fire, imo.
If Litten's final evolution is Poison/Fire, it probably may have an intriguing pivot niche, imo. It's a 4x fairy resist and isnt afraid of Toxic Spikes, Toxic, or Will o Wisp... But it is 4x weak to ground, weak to stealth rocks, and water...
Not sure how good another grass/flying pokemon may be, but it does seem like, on paper, a decent keldeo check. I can't think of much else though.

Edit: concerning marshadow: the moon has mares. They are the dark spots that have names like "sea of tranquility" and the like. So eclipse hippocampus is also still a possibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)