Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
That's right, something's missing, and I'm not talking about the green 7.
I actually find that green 7 quite intriguing. Every Pokémon game since D/P (and that's as far back as I bothered to check) has had an E rating (allowed for everyone). Could they be adding some action-filled cutscenes or other maturity that warrant a higher rating?

Or, maybe it's just a placeholder. In the ORAS announcement trailer, the game covers shown were tagged with "RP", which is ESRB's "Rating pending". These covers have PEGI ratings on them, and PEGI doesn't have such a placeholder. The American trailer also shows covers tagged "RP", so it suggests that the games haven't been rated yet.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
As someone who has been scuba diving in Alola Hawaii, I will be pretty disappointed if Dive doesn't return, with a good diversity in aquatic Pokemon (Qwilfish needs love too, the puffers during that dive trip were really cute and friendly :3)

If dive does return, don't make it as excessively used like in Hoenn. a few dive spots are plenty; trying to travel the entire ocean underwater in the Hoenn games was too much of a pain.

Reactions: JES
I'm curious what Popplio's final typing will be? Dunno what typing clowns/jesters would be related to or maybe he'll be pure Water. Maybe he'll be Water/Fairy? I could see that since Mr Mime is a Psychic/Fairy. Also yes by my avatar you can see I'm team Popplio.

As someone who has been scuba diving in Alola Hawaii, I will be pretty disappointed if Dive doesn't return, with a good diversity in aquatic Pokemon (Qwilfish needs love too, the puffers during that dive trip were really cute and friendly :3)

If dive does return, don't make it as excessively used like in Hoenn. a few dive spots are plenty; trying to travel the entire ocean underwater in the Hoenn games was too much of a pain.
Even if it isn't a route per se, they could include a safari zone / nature preserve type place that features the coral reef. It would be a good place to keep Ice and Steel Pokemon as well, as they may not normally thrive in such a warm climate.

As a side note, I'm hoping they take a fire/poison or even fire/dark route with Litten and make it a tiger or Panther. With Sun's legendary lion being likely fire-type it needs a way to distinguish itself.

Koumashiki

n o   h o m o
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm curious what Popplio's final typing will be? Dunno what typing clowns/jesters would be related to or maybe he'll be pure Water. Maybe he'll be Water/Fairy? I could see that since Mr Mime is a Psychic/Fairy. Also yes by my avatar you can see I'm team Popplio.
Yes finally someone picks Popplio ; o ;

For me, as long as it's not Ice I'm fine with (since I predict it can be the rather slow and bulky type, Ice doesn't seem a great choice...). Though I wouldn't be happy very much if it ends up like Blastoise: the only one that is not dual-type in the trio. My high hope is also for Fairy ; o ;

Please no Water / Ice, we already have Seel AND Spheal. I'd like to see water / fighting, personally.

I'm also curious to see what the gyms turn out like. Based on the natural environment and theme of the games, I'd expect a lineup that includes: Grass / Water / Fire / Rock / Ghost / Bug / Fairy / Dark?

We already have seen a building that looks to be a water gym, and Dark + Ghost + Fairy align well with night time and the moon. Grass and Bug works with the lush vegetation and volcanoes are conducive to fire and rock.

We already have a couple oarfish Pokemon, but I can see one fitting really well as the regional dragon for a Hawaii region.

We likely won't get any dinosaurs from Hawaii, as the KT event happened before Hawaii had formed. That doesn't rule out mammals though! Unfortunately according to Wikipedia most of Hawaii's fossil record is of corals, mussels, etc. We do have animals though like the Moa-Nalo, which is the only notable one I can find.

Reactions: JES
I honestly wouldn't mind a large portion of the region being water, similarly to Hoenn. But please, Game Freak, give us some variety in water encounters. RSE got really, really monotonous in the later parts when the only things you could encounter were Tentacool and Wingull, especially since Water is the second (or first?) most common type in the game.

I honestly wouldn't mind a large portion of the region being water, similarly to Hoenn. But please, Game Freak, give us some variety in water encounters. RSE got really, really monotonous in the later parts when the only things you could encounter were Tentacool and Wingull, especially since Water is the second (or first?) most common type in the game.
Or at least keep the special Surf traits from ORAS, including one where you cannot get wild encounters (Maybe pokemon with Intimidate?).

Upstart

Copy Cat
Will hidden abilities able to be deciphered once someone cracks the games coding?

I'll bet anything roulet gets gale wing. The games have dove head first into the competitive scene last generation with breeding made easier than pancakes. And I'm sure they'll try to make all the starters pretty viable as the faces of this generation. They did a pretty good job last gen. With all starters being viable

We all know Gamefreak is gonna shoehorn us with nothing but Tentacools or whatever this region's equivalent is. I hope to John Owlbuckle that I am wrong but Gamefreak tends to be consistent with trolling us.

Will hidden abilities able to be deciphered once someone cracks the games coding?

I'll bet anything roulet gets gale wing. The games have dove head first into the competitive scene last generation with breeding made easier than pancakes. And I'm sure they'll try to make all the starters pretty viable as the faces of this generation. They did a pretty good job last gen. With all starters being viable
If Rowlet gets Gale Wings then it would have to be exceptionally bad to not get OU. Plus it would pretty much be a counter to just about all kinds of Keldeo.

While there probably won't be many ice types, I could see a few getting added because it does snow on the top of Hawaii's volcanoes, so maybe some ice/rock or ice/ground typing.

While there probably won't be many ice types, I could see a few getting added because it does snow on the top of Hawaii's volcanoes, so maybe some ice/rock or ice/ground typing.
There are a few ice types I think would work well. Lapras and Spheal seem to have no problem in warm environments. Cloyster is grandfathered in because Shellder is pure water. If they include Eevee, that gives us glaceon.

I would personally like to see at least 1 or 2 new ice lines. An Ice / Fighting chimp or baboon that lives high in the mountains would be a cool addition and give us something with good competitive viability. Other options include Ice/Fire (wishful thinking), Ice/Fairy, and maybe another Ice/Ground.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
There are a few ice types I think would work well. Lapras and Spheal seem to have no problem in warm environments. Cloyster is grandfathered in because Shellder is pure water. If they include Eevee, that gives us glaceon.

I would personally like to see at least 1 or 2 new ice lines. An Ice / Fighting chimp or baboon that lives high in the mountains would be a cool addition and give us something with good competitive viability. Other options include Ice/Fire (wishful thinking), Ice/Fairy, and maybe another Ice/Ground.
I want a Yeti-mon really badly.

Maybe a minor thing, but according to the trailer: trainers seem to stand behind their Pokémon for now. This might be also true for opposing trainers / gym leaders, since it would be strange to just stand there by your own, isn't it?

Also I have a feeling that a grass/dragon type might pop-up with this jungle/tiki region. But that is just speculation.

Like, trainers
Maybe a minor thing, but according to the trailer: trainers seem to stand behind their Pokémon for now. This might be also true for opposing trainers / gym leaders, since it would be strange to just stand there by your own, isn't it?

Also I have a feeling that a grass/dragon type might pop-up with this jungle/tiki region. But that is just speculation.
Like, stand behind their pokemon the whole battle? If so, that'd be neat. Not as cool as walking with your Pokemon, but neat.

Don't come in on a Ice move then lol
Pretty much. I mean, yeah this is all on paper, but if it gets Gale Wings and either Brave Bird or Hurricane, what could Keldeo do other than switch or faint? A theoretical Gale Wings Final Rowlet would possibly wind up being similar in power to Talonflame, except that it isn't as stealth rock weak and is scary to water-types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)