Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solgaleo: Fire-Psychic, Fire-Electric, Fire-Fairy,
Lunaala: Probably: Fairy-Ghost, Fairy-Dark, Ghost-Flying, Fairy-Flying, Ghost-Dark, Fairy-Psychic, Dark-Psychic, Ghost-Psychic Who Knows?
Dr. Hoo(Final Rowlet): Grass-Flying for sure
Tigger(Final Litten): Fire-Dark, Fire-Poison, Fire-Rock, Fire
Clown Thingy(Final Poppolio): Water-Psychic, Water-Fairy, Water-Fighting, Water

Why types
Lunaala: Fairy cause all moves with moon are fairy
Ghost cause it looks like vampire
Dark cause night
Psychic cause it looks like Olympia
Flying cause wings

Litten: Dark cause its black
Poison cause oil
Rock cause its symbol on head is an alchemy symbol
Pure Fire because it is always possible

Poppolio: Psychic cause the ball is pink
Fairy cause clowns are a kid thing
Fighting cause it could fight with its flippers
Pure Water cause its always a possibility

Rowlet: Flying cause its already Flying

Solgaleo: Fire because the sun is hot
Electric because the sun is plasma and plasma is electrified gas
Fairy cause its the thing of dreams
Psychic cause it looks like a flying type y'know

Venusaur, Meganium, Torterra, and Samurott dispute your claim.
swampert and sammurott are debatable
anyway, to keep with the fire type zodiac theme, and the fact it already has stripes, Litten probably will become a tiger. I cannot see a bipedal tiger m8

Last edited by a moderator:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
swampert and sammurott are debatable
anyway, to keep with the fire type zodiac theme, and the fact it already has stripes, Litten probably will become a tiger. I cannot see a bipedal tiger m8
is there a fox on the zodiac? game freak broke off of those rules a long time ago dude. still i agree that litten will probs become a tiger/big cat (perhaps panther to go with darkness theme, but doubtful), given that its forehead stripes basically match cartoon depictions of tigers

interested to see if there is a tiki pokemon in this hawaii region, but again doubtful considering we see toetm-like background objects in the trailer...unless we have another sudowoodo sorta thing goin? that's high speculation tho

is there a fox on the zodiac? game freak broke off of those rules a long time ago dude. still i agree that litten will probs become a tiger/big cat (perhaps panther to go with darkness theme, but doubtful), given that its forehead stripes basically match cartoon depictions of tigers

interested to see if there is a tiki pokemon in this hawaii region, but again doubtful considering we see toetm-like background objects in the trailer...unless we have another sudowoodo sorta thing goin? that's high speculation tho
There is no fox, but there is a dog. If we then skip rat and ox... we're on schedule with a tiger.

Fennekin is close enough to a dog where it doesn't matter (foxes and dogs are closely related anyhow). Cyndaquil, our fire mouse pokemon, fills the rat slot.

Personally, a fire/poison tiger or panther would fit the zodiac theme and also allow Litten to stand out among its fellow fire brethren.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There is no fox, but there is a dog. If we then skip rat and ox... we're on schedule with a tiger.
what? thats like me saying if u take the letters in charmanders name take out some and add some and move them around it makes cyndaquils name and so on and so forth. thats not a pattern thats warping details to make something fit ur pattern. Even if it does become a tiger that wouldn't really mean anything with regards to Game Freak following some sort of pattern, nor would it indicate that they intend on following the pattern again for future generations (although I'll admit up to generation 5 they did hold to a Zodiac design principle, they broke all kinds of Starter patterns with Generation 6)

edit: another design principle (alongside zodiac fire starters) broken in gen 6 was reptilian grass starters, with chespin

Last edited:
Solgaleo: Fire-Psychic, Fire-Electric, Fire-Fairy,
Clown Thingy(Final Poppolio): Water-Psychic, Water-Fairy, Water-Fighting, Water
I like to imagine final Popplio as this:

It's basically the zodiac, not exactly. Fennekin fits "The Dog", as foxes are still in that family of animals. For explanation:

Cyndaquil a rat? Isn't it supposed to be a freaking equidna...

This really seems to be a forced pattern of all things.

I mean we have gandalf the sintoist fox and a volcano equidna, that's not very Chinese.

This is really borderline, but there are so many possibilities for a fire type bull and I'd love it if we ever got one. I'd name him Red Bull, not after the drink but after The Last Unicorn.

Cyndaquil a rat? Isn't it supposed to be a freaking equidna...

This really seems to be a forced pattern of all things.

I mean we have gandalf the sintoist fox and a volcano equidna, that's not very Chinese.
Again, It's a guessed pattern of the starters. It can not be proven unless the creators come out and say it directly, which probably will never happen, but you can't say it's not true until we get a starter that can't be slotted in somewhere.

If this is true, the sheep will probably actually be a ram instead.

And on this, all of the starters have some sort of "pattern" fans assume. Grass is based off of the theory of evolution, going from dinosaurs to early reptiles to the first mammal to now the next step, avians. That's becoming less clear though, so that's the weakest link.
Water is all animals that are water-based but live or move on land. This makes sense as less of a pattern and more of an obvious choice, as these are pokemon that need to be around the characters and thus can't really be fish of any sort, but still is there nonetheless.

But yeah, the pattern isn't 100% true, but we can slot each one somewhere so it's not disproved yet.

" The Japanese trailer also confirms that you can alter your skin pigment in the game, just like X & Y."

My priorities are straight. Get it together Orange Islands smh.
Hey man, that is no joke. Diversity and representation in gaming is a serious issue, and even if you'll probably not get very far if you're looking to Pokemon as your shining model of diversity, every bit helps.

/endsocialjusticerant

interested to see if there is a tiki pokemon in this hawaii region, but again doubtful considering we see totem-like background objects in the trailer...unless we have another sudowoodo sorta thing goin? that's high speculation tho
a fox is kin of dog
regarding the secret souvenir, that is there as some of the tikis on the route shown in the japanese one

The Hala guy is probably the professor, It matches the tree pattern: Hala is a hawaiian tree

A serpent would be cool, but I also can't wait for a bull or a fire rabbit.
I can see snake happening, since its one of the zodiac

And on this, all of the starters have some sort of "pattern" fans assume. Grass is based off of the theory of evolution, going from dinosaurs to early reptiles to the first mammal to now the next step, avians.
That's a very poor pattern, especially since dinosaurs evolved from reptiles and birds evolved from dinosaurs.

That's a very poor pattern, especially since dinosaurs evolved from reptiles and birds evolved from dinosaurs.
birds and mammals evolved at around the same time but that is actually a decent pattern

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unrelated, but does anyone like Mouqueroh, Nyaabi and Ashimari more than Rowlet, Litten and popplio

dinosaurs are reptiles
our modern reptiles evolved from dinos like compsognathus
Hence
Venusaur(Frog-Dino)
Meganium(All out dino)
Sceptile(Lizard-Dino)
Torterra(Turtle-Dino)
Serperior(Snake-Lizard)
Chespin(Early Mammal)
Rowlet(Bird)

I think the problem people have with bipedal starters is because none of the Fire starters bar Typhlosion, if it even counts, are quadrupeds. I don't mind bipedal pokemon, but it would be nice if Litten broke tradition and ended up as a non-bipedal. Speaking of Litten tho, I'm very intrigued by the oil that covers its body. Really hoping it ends up being a Fire/Poison tiger manticore or chimera. They can always take liberties with the mythical beast. I've seen some fakemon Manticore that look really great and I think it would make an awesome starter if not a Legendary.

PLEASE STOP GETTING INTO DINOSAUR DEBATES ON A POKEMON FORUM!

Thank you.

Sorry, now to keep this relevant, I'm still not sold on the Sun Lion legendary and I'm beginning to piece together why:

There's just something really safe about it. Like the design is fine but it just doesn't take any risks either. Like if you asked me what the stereotypical anime lion design would look like, it would be this.

I guess I shouldn't complain though. I don't hate the design (the starry galaxy face is kind of cool), and we did get a really cool luna-bat out of this.

And at least they aren't both dragons!

Last edited:
An interesting thing to note aside from the biology argument:

Popplio is a sea lion. They just happen to make it the one water animal that is the closest in looks to a dog. They also happen to, moreso than any other seal or sea lion pokemon (Seel, Sealeo, Samurott), make it look like a dog. So if we think of it as a dog, we have:
  • A dog that is super-effective against a cat
  • A cat that is super-effective against a bird
Think about it.

Popplio is a sea lion. They just happen to make it the one water animal that is the closest in looks to a dog. They also happen to, moreso than any other seal or sea lion pokemon (Seel, Sealeo, Samurott), make it look like a dog. So if we think of it as a dog, we have:
Think about it.
and the dog is afraid of a bird...

Well crap, I feel like jumping off a cliff now. Alright, how about there's been no fully-evolved quadrapedal fire starter prior to this point.
well....
I got nothing
Infernape uses its fists for support????
Yup nyabby's final evo will be quadraped, its hard to think af a tiger standing on two legs
Lion King with a Humanoid Sher Khan....

Think about it.
And we have a bird that is super-effective against a dog!
well....
I got nothing
Infernape uses its fists for support????
Yup nyabby's final evo will be quadraped, its hard to think af a tiger standing on two legs
Lion King with a Humanoid Sher Khan....
It's also hard to imagine a fox standing on its hind legs, but we got one.
I'm not as opposed to a bipedal evolution to Litten if it is done well, but I would prefer a quadruped. Especially since I've been using Persian in X and it seems weird to imagine Litten not being like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)