2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
or both Wenger and LVG should be out for being inept, at least Pellegrini got a champion league semi final
I guess you were joking, but unless we're exclusively using results as a measure of success, it's hard to praise Pellegrini for getting to CL semifinals. This M.City is the worst team to reach a CL Semifinal in the last decade, no doubt in my mind, and one of the biggest football flukes in recent times.

And, I mean, they can still miss out on top4 so...

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Even though, during LvG's tenure as Man Utd's manager, things went downhill. I must say though, that LvG has finally found a set of players that he can rely on. He also has made a first team dedicated around talented forwards. I personally want LvG to stay - United Fan.

Also Utd can now sneak up onto Top 4, lmao.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Even though, during LvG's tenure as Man Utd's manager, things went downhill. I must say though, that LvG has finally found a set of players that he can rely on. He also has made a first team dedicated around talented forwards. I personally want LvG to stay - United Fan.

Also Utd can now sneak up onto Top 4, lmao.
personally I think lvg should get the chance to do his final year - as much as united have been lacking this season, he's managed to build the foundations for next season imo. United have improved in the latter stages this year, with martial, rashford and lingard providing a good attack, and united's defence is much improved on the last 2 seasons. with a couple of signings in summer, i think they can become much better.
Just a shame that depay/januzaj aren't living up to their potential atm

Yeah in fairness Utd are on a great run of form and it would be the classic case of sacking a manager just when the team is starting to settle, but how much credit does Van Gaal deserve? You could say he failed with Depay, he failed trying to play false 9s and false 10s, he failed trying to play wing backs with Ashley Young and Valencia at full back. He got lucky throwing Fellaini up front and banging in a few goals early season and De Gea basically saved them again this season. It's only when Rooney got injured that he started to get it right - by not picking Rooney... and having to pick the young strikers (because he sold Welbeck and didn't have any other strikers...). It's good that the team is playing well now for him but I just don't know how much of that is down to him so my judgement is still reserved. I think he's literally 50/50 to stay and Woodward will probably just flip a coin or something at the end of the season.

I have learned to hate all traitors, and there is no disease that I spit on more than treachery. --Aeschylus
Cut the guy some slack, he's going back home. No one said shit when Reus came from Borussia Mönchengladbach to Dortmund to play for the club of his youth. It's literally the same situation.

Did Reus ever say he "didn't give a shit" about Dortmund anymore? Lewandowski I can understand. From day one we sort of felt he wasn't gonna stay at Dortmund forever, much like we do about Aubameyang. Mats, like Gotze, was different. He derided Bayern. He painted them as villains. At Dortmund, he won two Bundesligas and developed into a World Cup winner. Then he comes back to the same club that he blasted for misusing him. Perhaps it's Watzke's fault for not having enough bottle. Perhaps we're still feeling the effects of our financial crisis from a decade ago. I dunno.

All I know is I'll still be waking up at 2:00 am to watch Dortmund. I'll still stick by them. I swore it last year when we were preparing for the 2. Bundesliga. Und wir werden immer Borussen sein. Es gibt nie, nie NIE anderen Verein.

As a forgiving angel and an agent of Lord Reus' infinite grace, it is my duty to forgive Gotze if he ever decides to return home, though.

I hope we become more than just a youth academy. We already have that in place, our record with kids is superb. (See Gotze, Weigllytuff and most likely Pulisic.) We just need to start having more financial muscle. Mkhitaryan was a start, and hounding Dembeles and Oliver Torreses is definitely something we need to keep doing, but we still have a long way to go.

Did Reus ever say he "didn't give a shit" about Dortmund anymore? Lewandowski I can understand. From day one we sort of felt he wasn't gonna stay at Dortmund forever, much like we do about Aubameyang. Mats, like Gotze, was different. He derided Bayern. He painted them as villains. At Dortmund, he won two Bundesligas and developed into a World Cup winner. Then he comes back to the same club that he blasted for misusing him. Perhaps it's Watzke's fault for not having enough bottle. Perhaps we're still feeling the effects of our financial crisis from a decade ago. I dunno.

All I know is I'll still be waking up at 2:00 am to watch Dortmund. I'll still stick by them. I swore it last year when we were preparing for the 2. Bundesliga. Und wir werden immer Borussen sein. Es gibt nie, nie NIE anderen Verein.

As a forgiving angel and an agent of Lord Reus' infinite grace, it is my duty to forgive Gotze if he ever decides to return home, though.

I hope we become more than just a youth academy. We already have that in place, our record with kids is superb. (See Gotze, Weigllytuff and most likely Pulisic.) We just need to start having more financial muscle. Mkhitaryan was a start, and hounding Dembeles and Oliver Torreses is definitely something we need to keep doing, but we still have a long way to go.
weigl is from your youth? get your facts right

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so united choke again

it's so difficult to pick the biggest choker this year, it could go to anyone but leicester,

it wouldn't surprise me if both manchester teams lost on the final day, it's like they don't want to play in the champions league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)