Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So, my little run with Uphaze 's Triples trophy team ended at 112 wins, against an Artist (Florges/Abomasnow/Torterra/Golem/Musharna/Hawlucha, Set 4). A combination of having no way to stop hail (thus nullifying the FEARs), several opponents who are functional under TR, and a couple of surprising moves from the AI stopped the team in its tracks. I've always had problems with Snow Warning, and it finally bit me (with cold). As a result, my Aron has had Sleep Talk replaced with Rain Dance (in hindsight, how R Inanimate lasted as long as he did with his Aron having the fomer move mystifies me).

Oh well, now I can get on with my next experiment! So, the Roslindale Condores/Quetzales are prepping for a third (serious) flight, and to facilitate this, I will cutting my brother's 'mons from the roster. Yes, the two I'm using are each useful in their own right, but using Garchomp correctly, within the context of this team, requires jumping a few hoops and is always risky due to having one Protect user and one Flyer (who is meant to be dead before Garchomp even comes out). Therefore, to reduce my dependence on 'mons that someone else took time to make, I will be removing Garchomp from The Starters and Azumarill from The Bench. In the shark's place? Well, I have had one poster in the past mention to me that I have hampered my Megacross' effectiveness by not breeding one crucial move onto him. In response to that, I say: NOW THIS IS NEEDLESSLY GIMPING YOURSELF:

BM403 (Jynx) (F) (Lvl.50) @ Destiny Knot
Ability: Dry Skin
IVs: 31/31/31/7/31/31
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Heart Stamp
- Ice Punch

That's right, I'm using Jynx2...what about it?
Anyways, though it's a terrible set (which is the point), it's not completely useless: Fake Out support is always handy, I now have a regular, fast Taunt user to stop most of the stallmons for a time (while the rest of the team picks off its teammates), and Dry Skin means Starmie4 finally has a teammate that it can spam Surf with.

Added to The Bench:

SaliziRazor (Leafeon) (M) (Lvl.53) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 4/31/2/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade

He adds a little physical bulk to the team, covers the Grass side of things if Greninja needs to pay attention to other threats or gets switched and needs to use Mat Block more than once, and serves as a switch-in Earthquake absorber if Garchomp absolutely needs to throw one out and risks hurting another teammate in the process. This was originally meant to be an Imperfect Leafeon4, but working off of the standard NU set seemed to make more sense, plus having another Protect user on standby is always useful. Named after one of Talim's moves in Soul Calibur II.

Hellcast (Typhlosion) (M) (Lvl.58) @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
IVs: xx/31/xx/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Swift
- Solar Beam
- Lava Plume
- Eruption

The moveset is a bit wonky due to this being bred as a part of a sun team, but here he's strictly here for Eruption spam, so it's all good. The item is left a bit open due to its original item being the Scarf, but with Tailwind up that becomes less necessary, and a little extra power can be added (on top of none of The Starters being Choice-locked). Named after a Unique Bow in Diablo II.

SieKensou (Aerodactyl) (M) (Lvl.51) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Sky Drop
- Rock Slide

I finally made some backup Tailwind! This set is meant to be more support than anything else, though I have actually found so far that Sky Drop spam has been the way to go here. It has still pulled off its primary role at least once that I can recall.

BM831 (Donphan) (M) (Lvl.50) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Fissure

My third-ever 6IV mon, my second-ever 6IV mon to be raised & used, my first-ever 6IV Maisonmon. It's Donphan4, not much explanation needed.

BM865 (Jolteon) (M) (Lvl.50) @ Razor Fang
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fake Tears
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam

My second-ever 6IV Maisonmon makes its way onto the stage, after being inspired by one YouTube vid of this British guy whose Starf Battle in Super Singles led off with this opponent. It's Jolteon4, not much explanation needed, though I will say that having a Volt Absorber as a switch-in option is always good.

BM867 (Espeon) (F) (Lvl.50) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

A byproduct of my Jolteon4 breeding. Again, it's Espeon4, not much explanation needed.

Lucario (M) (Lvl.70) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 6 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Korrina's gift Lucario from my Y record, he was brought in specifically for the Dana battle, as a reliable Regi killer. Past that, having extra priority and Aura Sphere available never hurts, and I'm constantly trying to shoehorn Lucario into Triples teams in general.

So, the basic idea here is to see how far my most successful legit team to this point can go when it has Jynx2 as an anchor weighing them down. To up the difficultly a little more, I will also be switching the sixth ' mon every five battles, as opposed to the twenty-five from the 200-win streak. After Megavoir starts off from The Bench, every switch will be done roughly by national dex order, with the Eeveelutions being the last four in line.

At 50 wins right now, and the most important thing to note so far is that Jynx2's Destiny Knot has actually come into play once (against Milotic2)...yeah I'm confused too.

Last edited:
So, my little run with Uphaze 's Triples trophy team ended at 112 wins, against an Artist (Florges/Abomasnow/Torterra/Golem/Musharna/Hawlucha, Set 4). A combination of having no way to stop hail (thus nullifying the FEARs), several opponents who are functional under TR, and a couple of surprising moves from the AI stopped the team in its tracks. I've always had problems with Snow Warning, and it finally bit me (with cold). As a result, my Aron has had Sleep Talk replaced with Rain Dance (in hindsight, how R Inanimate lasted as long as he did with his Aron having the fomer move mystifies me).

Oh well, now I can get on with my next experiment! So, the Roslindale Condores/Quetzales are prepping for a third (serious) flight, and to facilitate this, I will cutting my brother's 'mons from the roster. Yes, the two I'm using are each useful in their own right, but using Garchomp correctly, within the context of this team, requires jumping a few hoops and is always risky due to having one Protect user and one Flyer (who is meant to be dead before Garchomp even comes out). Therefore, to reduce my dependence on 'mons that someone else took time to make, I will be removing Garchomp from The Starters and Azumarill from The Bench. In the shark's place? Well, I have had one poster in the past mention to me that I have hampered my Megacross' effectiveness by not breeding one crucial move onto him. In response to that, I say: NOW THIS IS NEEDLESSLY GIMPING YOURSELF:

BM403 (Jynx) (F) (Lvl.50) @ Destiny Knot
Ability: Dry Skin
IVs: 31/31/31/7/31/31
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Heart Stamp
- Ice Punch

That's right, I'm using Jynx2...what about it?
Anyways, though it's a terrible set (which is the point), it's not completely useless: Fake Out support is always handy, I now have a regular, fast Taunt user to stop most of the stallmons for a time (while the rest of the team picks off its teammates), and Dry Skin means Starmie4 finally has a teammate that it can spam Surf with.

Added to The Bench:

SaliziRazor (Leafeon) (M) (Lvl.53) @ Razor Claw
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 4/31/2/31/31/31
- Protect
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade

He adds a little physical bulk to the team, covers the Grass side of things if Greninja needs to pay attention to other threats or gets switched and needs to use Mat Block more than once, and serves as a switch-in Earthquake absorber if Garchomp absolutely needs to throw one out and risks hurting another teammate in the process. This was originally meant to be an Imperfect Leafeon4, but working off of the standard NU set seemed to make more sense, plus having another Protect user on standby is always useful. Named after one of Talim's moves in Soul Calibur II.

Hellcast (Typhlosion) (M) (Lvl.58) @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
IVs: xx/31/xx/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Swift
- Solar Beam
- Lava Plume
- Eruption

The moveset is a bit wonky due to this being bred as a part of a sun team, but here he's strictly here for Eruption spam, so it's all good. The item is left a bit open due to its original item being the Scarf, but with Tailwind up that becomes less necessary, and a little extra power can be added (on top of none of The Starters being Choice-locked). Named after a Unique Bow in Diablo II.

SieKensou (Aerodactyl) (M) (Lvl.51) @ Aerodactylite
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Sky Drop
- Rock Slide

I finally made some backup Tailwind! This set is meant to be more support than anything else, though I have actually found so far that Sky Drop spam has been the way to go here. It has still pulled off its primary role at least once that I can recall.

BM831 (Donphan) (M) (Lvl.50) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Fissure

My third-ever 6IV mon, my second-ever 6IV mon to be raised & used, my first-ever 6IV Maisonmon. It's Donphan4, not much explanation needed.

BM865 (Jolteon) (M) (Lvl.50) @ Razor Fang
- Fake Tears
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam

My second-ever 6IV Maisonmon makes its way onto the stage, after being inspired by one YouTube vid of this British guy whose Starf Battle in Super Singles led off with this opponent. It's Jolteon4, not much explanation needed, though I will say that having a Volt Absorber as a switch-in option is always good.

BM867 (Espeon) (F) (Lvl.50) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

A byproduct of my Jolteon4 breeding. Again, it's Espeon4, not much explanation needed.

So, the basic idea here is to see how far my most successful legit team to this point can go when it has Jynx2 as an anchor weighing them down. To up the difficultly a little more, I will also be switching the sixth ' mon every five battles, as opposed to the twenty-five from the 200-win streak. After Megavoir starts off from The Bench, every switch will be done roughly by national dex order, with the Eeveelutions being the last four in line.

At 35 wins right now, and the most important thing to note so far is that Jynx2's Destiny Knot has actually come into play once (against Milotic2)...yeah I'm confused too.
You literally have the strangest approach to maison play i ever seen! ..glad you enjoy it though :)

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
ORAS Triples update: 4000 ongoing wins.

Teams used:
Team Leer (#0001 - #1000, 50 battles afterwards beginning at around #1320 - 1050 wins total)
Tailwind Salamence for Triples (most of #1001 - #2000, with Team Leer and Friend Guard Double FEAR used four around fifty battles each - 900 wins total)
Double FEAR with Friend Guard (~50 battles, beginning from battle #1271)

Therian Solar Shield (#2001 - #3000)
Lukeninja for Triples (#3001 - #4000)

Therian Solar Shield
Greninja @ Focus Sash ** Zinglon
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 4 Def, 252 SAtk, 4 SDef, 244 Spe
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Dark Pulse
-Mat Block

Landorus-T @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Careful
IVs: 30/30/31/x/31/31
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SDef
IVs:
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Superpower
-U-Turn

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Solar Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Protect

Thundurus-T @ Choice Specs
IVs: 31/26/30/31/31/31
EVs: 164 HP, 8 Def, 84 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Grass Knot
-Volt Switch

Entei @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31/14/31/30/30/31
EVs: 4 HP, 4 Def, 248 SAtk, 8 SDef, 244 Spe
-Eruption
-Solar Beam
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-Flamethrower

Aegislash @ Life Orb ** Repulsor
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Quiet
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: 252 HP, 220 SAtk, 36 SDef
-King's Shield
-Wide Guard
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon
The idea for Landorus-T center popped up when I was SRing for an Adamant one, and randomly got a Careful one with IVs I was willing to settle for. I really didn't want to keep SRing, so I tried to think of ways to utilize a Careful nature instead, ending up with a bulky Choice Band lead using U-Turn under Mat Block similarly to Specs Rotom-W.

I thought of a few things to pair up with it, and settled for Mega Charizard Y for its Earthquake immunity, and Sun offense covering Landorus's Water/Ice weaknesses. After setting Sun, I realized I could make a similar arrangement to Raikou/Greninja/Salamence/Aegislash with a Scarf Entei back-up to be safely brought in with U-Turn when Eruption is useful, and having Landorus-T deal with Scarfers, Quick Claw holders, and Fire-retardant foes that would shut down Entei.

I was going to need EQ-compatible allies because of Landorus's dependence on Earthquake, so I picked Thundurus-T for its Electric/Ground immunity and further coverage to support Landorus, and Wide Guard Aegislash for the Steel-type gluemon.

The resulting team looked pretty familiar to teams I'd used before, with Landorus-T leading as its main distinction.

For Landorus-T, I went for maximum bulk investment to utilize its Careful nature. Compared to an Adamant Assault Vest set with 252HP/252Atk spread, Careful CB 252HP/252SDef has 15% more Attack and 3% less SDef while being unable to switch moves. I don't know which is better - the power is considerable, but not being locked into a move would be very useful and also make the team easier to use. For the moveset, sticking with 100% accurate moves Earthquake, Superpower, Knock Off and U-turn were straightforward; I considered Smack Down, but I figured the single-target damage from Superpower and Knock Off would be more useful against a variety of foes when locking into them.

Landorus-T is a pretty ridiculous Pokémon, to be frank. With the defensive spread I used and Intimidate, mass calcs showed it could survive every non-STAB Ice attack from common Maison foes, aside from Vaporeon4 EB Ice Beam; and Sun support meant its Water weakness was gone. Its Speed is a little low, but in a bulky Mat Block pivot role it wasn't really a problem, and Superpower/Knock Off, though lacking in coverage, were good enough to keep it relevant with Choice Band powering them up when EQ was not an option. The Ice-types that threatened it were usually completely shut down with a combination of Eruption and Flamethrower while controlling the weather to keep off Snow Cloak. With Sun use, STAB EQ is also very useful to remove Fire-types, and in a pinch Landorus's bulk with Intimidate is enough to survive even Sun-boosted Fire attacks.

In the early 3000s I had some trouble using Landorus's Earthquake effectively without getting into awkward situations, but I got used to it and found it manageable after a while. The team plays like a mix of my two previous Mat Block teams in Triples, and feels more reliable than Greninja/Entei/ZardY due to CB Landorus-T having fewer rough lead match-ups than Entei and providing a lot of support with Intimidate. Landorus-T is a little trickier to use than Rotom-W due to its awkward coverage and EQ hitting allies and U-Turn without STAB being underwhelming compared to Volt Switch, but its power and bulk are phenomenal.

Lucario/Greninja for Triples (final V2)
Rotom-W's moveset changed: Discharge replaced with Electroweb.
Lucario @ Lucarionite ** Zica Charger
EVs: 4 Def, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Nasty Plot
-Protect

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs ** Mega Pulse
IVs: 31/0/30/30/31/31
EVs: 172 HP, 120 SAtk, 4 SDef, 212 Spe
Stats: 147/76/127/154/127/133
Ability: Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Water]
-Electroweb
-Volt Switch

-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Dark Pulse
-Mat Block

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak ** U-Ship
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SDef
Ability: Gale Wings
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
-Protect

Garchomp @ Life Orb ** SuperCarrot
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 12 HP, 236 Atk, 4 Def, 4 SDef, 252 Spe
Ability: Rough Skin
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Protect

Scizor @ Choice Band ** Camanis
EVs: 252 HP, 164 Atk, 4 Def, 44 SDef, 44 Spe
Ability: Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Quick Attack
After playing Landorus-T for 1000 battles and having a lot of fun, I got the urge to play Rotom-W again.

I've used a few teams since last playing Lucario/Rotom-W/Greninja, but what can I say? This is still the strongest, most reliable team I've used in Triples.

The only change I made was trying out Electroweb (Electric-type Icy Wind; 55BP, 95% accuracy, hits all adjacent opponents, speed drop when it hits) over Discharge. Both moves have problems; Discharge has respectable power and 100% accuracy allowing for a 1-2 punch on Turn 1-2 to deal good damage and take out threats immediately, but can backfire with Choice locking and usually results in forcing Rotom-W out after using it once or twice. Electroweb allows Rotom-W to stay in, provide useful speed control, and pivot more effectively for longer battles; but 95% accuracy will miss occasionally, sometimes twice in a row on the same target, and its damage is quite low. Electroweb will also activate Defiant/Competitive - I remember Milotic getting off a +2 Surf once during the streak, but generally it was never a problem and the Speed drop will slow down potentially dangerous foes such as Braviary3 (Choice Scarf) to make removing them before they get to attack with boosts easier.

After using Electroweb for 1000 battles, I think it's slightly more useful in the long run, and has less potential for disastrous mistakes than Discharge; howewer, the risk of missing is quite significant and sometimes you'd really want a multi-target move that is guaranteed to hit for good damage. In one battle Moltres2 dodged Electroweb on both Turn 1 and Turn 2 while getting a Flame Charge boost in the meantime, and came out unscathed and sped up without being in KO range where Discharge would simply have KO'd it cleanly.

#4000 - Y6PG-WWWW-WW3V-FCB9 vs. Skuntank/Vileplume/Rapidash/Weavile/Magmortar/Venusaur

#3000 - LWTG-WWWW-WW3V-FCDT vs. Zoroark/Togekiss/Vanilluxe/Braviary/Salamence/Kingdra

#2598 - 2G2W-WWWW-WW3V-FCL4 vs. Charizard/Electrode/Skarmory/Talonflame/Gyarados/Gliscor

Very close battle with many misplays. Comes down to Gliscor not having Hyper Cutter allowing King's Shield attack drops, and Aegislash using Wide Guard repeatedly to stall out Earthquake to win in a 1v3 situation.

I was planning to wait for Sun/Moon, but in the process of wrapping up legendaries missing from the boxes I ended up having a new team to play. It took a while to get this write-up done... I also finally tackled Dream Radar RNG, so maybe Sheer Force Landorus will find its way onto a team at some point.

ORAS Triples update: 4000 ongoing wins.

Teams used:
Team Leer (#0001 - #1000, 50 battles afterwards beginning at around #1320 - 1050 wins total)
Tailwind Salamence for Triples (most of #1001 - #2000, with Team Leer and Friend Guard Double FEAR used four around fifty battles each - 900 wins total)
Double FEAR with Friend Guard (~50 battles, beginning from battle #1271)

Therian Solar Shield (#2001 - #3000)
Lukeninja for Triples (#3001 - #4000)

Therian Solar Shield
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Dark Pulse
-Mat Block

Landorus-T @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Careful
IVs: 30/30/31/x/31/31
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SDef
IVs:
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Superpower
-U-Turn

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Solar Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Protect

Thundurus-T @ Choice Specs
IVs: 31/26/30/31/31/31
EVs: 164 HP, 8 Def, 84 SAtk, 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Grass Knot
-Volt Switch

Entei @ Choice Scarf
IVs: 31/14/31/30/30/31
EVs: 4 HP, 4 Def, 248 SAtk, 8 SDef, 244 Spe
-Eruption
-Solar Beam
-Hidden Power [Ground]
-Flamethrower

Aegislash @ Life Orb ** Repulsor
Nature: Quiet
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: 252 HP, 220 SAtk, 36 SDef
-King's Shield
-Wide Guard
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon
The idea for Landorus-T center popped up when I was SRing for an Adamant one, and randomly got a Careful one with IVs I was willing to settle for. I really didn't want to keep SRing, so I tried to think of ways to utilize a Careful nature instead, ending up with a bulky Choice Band lead using U-Turn under Mat Block similarly to Specs Rotom-W.

I thought of a few things to pair up with it, and settled for Mega Charizard Y for its Earthquake immunity, and Sun offense covering Landorus's Water/Ice weaknesses. After setting Sun, I realized I could make a similar arrangement to Raikou/Greninja/Salamence/Aegislash with a Scarf Entei back-up to be safely brought in with U-Turn when Eruption is useful, and having Landorus-T deal with Scarfers, Quick Claw holders, and Fire-retardant foes that would shut down Entei.

I was going to need EQ-compatible allies because of Landorus's dependence on Earthquake, so I picked Thundurus-T for its Electric/Ground immunity and further coverage to support Landorus, and Wide Guard Aegislash for the Steel-type gluemon.

The resulting team looked pretty familiar to teams I'd used before, with Landorus-T leading as its main distinction.

For Landorus-T, I went for maximum bulk investment to utilize its Careful nature. Compared to an Adamant Assault Vest set with 252HP/252Atk spread, Careful CB 252HP/252SDef has 15% more Attack and 3% less SDef while being unable to switch moves. I don't know which is better - the power is considerable, but not being locked into a move would be very useful and also make the team easier to use. For the moveset, sticking with 100% accurate moves Earthquake, Superpower, Knock Off and U-turn were straightforward; I considered Smack Down, but I figured the single-target damage from Superpower and Knock Off would be more useful against a variety of foes when locking into them.

Landorus-T is a pretty ridiculous Pokémon, to be frank. With the defensive spread I used and Intimidate, mass calcs showed it could survive every non-STAB Ice attack from common Maison foes, aside from Vaporeon4 EB Ice Beam; and Sun support meant its Water weakness was gone. Its Speed is a little low, but in a bulky Mat Block pivot role it wasn't really a problem, and Superpower/Knock Off, though lacking in coverage, were good enough to keep it relevant with Choice Band powering them up when EQ was not an option. The Ice-types that threatened it were usually completely shut down with a combination of Eruption and Flamethrower while controlling the weather to keep off Snow Cloak. With Sun use, STAB EQ is also very useful to remove Fire-types, and in a pinch Landorus's bulk with Intimidate is enough to survive even Sun-boosted Fire attacks.

In the early 3000s I had some trouble using Landorus's Earthquake effectively without getting into awkward situations, but I got used to it and found it manageable after a while. The team plays like a mix of my two previous Mat Block teams in Triples, and feels more reliable than Greninja/Entei/ZardY due to CB Landorus-T having fewer rough lead match-ups than Entei and providing a lot of support with Intimidate. Landorus-T is a little trickier to use than Rotom-W due to its awkward coverage and EQ hitting allies and U-Turn without STAB being underwhelming compared to Volt Switch, but its power and bulk are phenomenal.

Lucario/Greninja for Triples (final V2)
Rotom-W's moveset changed: Discharge replaced with Electroweb.
Lucario @ Lucarionite ** Zica Charger
EVs: 4 Def, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Nasty Plot
-Protect

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs ** Mega Pulse
IVs: 31/0/30/30/31/31
EVs: 172 HP, 120 SAtk, 4 SDef, 212 Spe
Stats: 147/76/127/154/127/133
Ability: Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Water]
-Electroweb
-Volt Switch

-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Dark Pulse
-Mat Block

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak ** U-Ship
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SDef
Ability: Gale Wings
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
-Protect

Garchomp @ Life Orb ** SuperCarrot
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 12 HP, 236 Atk, 4 Def, 4 SDef, 252 Spe
Ability: Rough Skin
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Protect

Scizor @ Choice Band ** Camanis
EVs: 252 HP, 164 Atk, 4 Def, 44 SDef, 44 Spe
Ability: Technician
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Quick Attack
After playing Landorus-T for 1000 battles and having a lot of fun, I got the urge to play Rotom-W again.

I've used a few teams since last playing Lucario/Rotom-W/Greninja, but what can I say? This is still the strongest, most reliable team I've used in Triples.

The only change I made was trying out Electroweb (Electric-type Icy Wind; 55BP, 95% accuracy, hits all adjacent opponents, speed drop when it hits) over Discharge. Both moves have problems; Discharge has respectable power and 100% accuracy allowing for a 1-2 punch on Turn 1-2 to deal good damage and take out threats immediately, but can backfire with Choice locking and usually results in forcing Rotom-W out after using it once or twice. Electroweb allows Rotom-W to stay in, provide useful speed control, and pivot more effectively for longer battles; but 95% accuracy will miss occasionally, sometimes twice in a row on the same target, and its damage is quite low. Electroweb will also activate Defiant/Competitive - I remember Milotic getting off a +2 Surf once during the streak, but generally it was never a problem and the Speed drop will slow down potentially dangerous foes such as Braviary3 (Choice Scarf) to make removing them before they get to attack with boosts easier.

After using Electroweb for 1000 battles, I think it's slightly more useful in the long run, and has less potential for disastrous mistakes than Discharge; howewer, the risk of missing is quite significant and sometimes you'd really want a multi-target move that is guaranteed to hit for good damage. In one battle Moltres2 dodged Electroweb on both Turn 1 and Turn 2 while getting a Flame Charge boost in the meantime, and came out unscathed and sped up without being in KO range where Discharge would simply have KO'd it cleanly.

#4000 - Y6PG-WWWW-WW3V-FCB9 vs. Skuntank/Vileplume/Rapidash/Weavile/Magmortar/Venusaur

#3000 - LWTG-WWWW-WW3V-FCDT vs. Zoroark/Togekiss/Vanilluxe/Braviary/Salamence/Kingdra

#2598 - 2G2W-WWWW-WW3V-FCL4 vs. Charizard/Electrode/Skarmory/Talonflame/Gyarados/Gliscor

Very close battle with many misplays. Comes down to Gliscor not having Hyper Cutter allowing King's Shield attack drops, and Aegislash using Wide Guard repeatedly to stall out Earthquake to win in a 1v3 situation.

I was planning to wait for Sun/Moon, but in the process of wrapping up legendaries missing from the boxes I ended up having a new team to play. It took a while to get this write-up done... I also finally tackled Dream Radar RNG, so maybe Sheer Force Landorus will find its way onto a team at some point.
We need to run a poll on wether you'll actually lose a triples battle before sun/moon come out! The special lucario/greninja combo is really good, its what i use with lightning rod marowak in the middle so both are protected from fast electrics and mat block allows Maro to fire off an earthquake while lucario sets up. Your run is as impressive as always, hitting impossible numbers!

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
The list is so long and so many circumstances may be in play at any one time that frankly the 90% accuracy is laughable to me. For every battle I've lost because I missed a Rock Slide, I've lost fifty for any other reason. So many "bad" circumstances have much higher odds of occurring, such as the Quick Claw or flinching.

You'll get no argument from me that from an optimization point of view it's always better to remove an element of risk than to introduce it, but I also agree with frigidkitsune that risk management with the team as a whole matters more than the move itself. If your team gets eaten alive by a species or type combination and has only one answer to it, shaky or otherwise, your problems go far beyond a 90% accurate kill move.
There's definitely circumstances where imperfect accuracy is affordable. Icy Wind on Suicune, and Toxic on Gliscor and Chansey are good examples in Singles where the stalling power and bulk of the mons is so good, most of the time it simply doesn't matter if you miss once or twice. In Togekiss's case with Air Slash, the move already has risk in its 60% flinch chance - a 5% chance to miss is pretty small on top of to a 40% chance not to flinch, if you were looking for a hard hitter with maximum reliability you would not pick Togekiss in the first place.

In Doubles/Triples I'm more allergic to inaccuracy due to the speed of the format - with fast sweepers relying on a speed advantage, missing at a crucial time can turn a clean KO into getting your Pokémon KO'd instead and snowball very quickly. I think a general rule of bulkier mons with a lot of staying power (such as your TR sets) being able to get away with slight accuracy risk is a decent one, but there's also times where I wouldn't take the risk - such as Rock Slide on a slow Landorus-T set in Triples. If it were a Scarf set, the added flinch chance against most foes and a faster second shot at it on Turn 2 could make it a worthwhile option - but with 111 Speed, the risk of missing once and losing out entirely is too large.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Amazing as always regarding the fresh streak.

And Sheer Force Landorus is a beast, which in my mind makes the Dream Radar worth purchasing. Months ago, I got to 462 wins in singles with Landorus / Chansey / Mega Slowbro, (VaporeonIce and I were bouncing various other Chansey / Slowbro team ideas off each other after my big streak with Dragonite), but I got distracted and never gave it a proper writeup.

For reference, my Landorus was Life Orb Naive with IVs of 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31. I started with Earth Power / Sludge Wave / Hidden Power Ice / Rock Slide, but after lots of theorymoning with your Maison damage calculator, I ended up replacing Hidden Power Ice with Psychic, which proved much better overall. Rock Slide's accuracy is an issue, yes, but the coverage really matters more for Landorus, and though Rock Slide doesn't get used a lot, when it does, it's important, so it's still worth it.

Because it doesn't require a set up turn yet still hits very hard and fast, Landorus can rack up a ton of OHKOs and cover some of the problem Pokemon that lead Dragonite struggles with, and I was generally quite satisfied with it as a singles lead. Sadly, it leaves the team with a rather glaring weakness to Unaware Quagsire 4, which ended up wrecking me.

Still not a proper team writeup, but at least I've given Sheer Force Landorus the maison plug it absolutely deserves!

Smuckem

You literally have the strangest approach to maison play i ever seen! ..glad you enjoy it though :)
It gets stranger: I beat Dana with said approach, with the latest addition to The Bench (check my prior post) come in to handle that Battle #50. I will be adding battle vids of each Bench player used in action at some point, but to be frank I want people to check out the replays turskain just posted first, I sure as shit will be.

Even stranger than that? Jynx2's getting more useful as the run goes on. This frontline is solid, clearly.

You know how I know this concept's worth the trouble? I was rewarded for my efforts just a few minutes ago, when my shiny Xerneas gift came with 5IVs, my first 5IV legendary...granted, he came out Docile, but still.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Just reading the Therian Solar Shield write-up now, and I love how the gimmick of "Triple Choice Legendaries" was just casually hidden within the overall framework of the team. Even the bulkiest of opponents aren't safe...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2: And my third run with this team ends at 55 battles. I faced Veteran Howell with Articuno1/Zapdos2/Suicune2/Entei2/Regirock2/Cobalion2, and some Snow Cloak/Static hax, combined with one extremely stupid play on my part where Starmie eliminated Leafeon without having the latter use Protect, cost me big. Jynx couldn't do much beyond the initial Fake Out, so having the anchor finally sank this ship. A Mock Battle showed that the current team simply wasn't prepared to deal with this particular Veteran configuration: I survived with just Starmie and 14 HP, and even then the winning move required a crit to finish off Entei2 (who got a Calm Mind off on the previous turn). The original fifth Starter of Garchomp would have likely made the difference here (type advantage against half of the opposing team and some breathing room against Zapdos2).

Now, with this run as a baseline of sorts, I can improve the team while maintaining the original concept and expanded Bench. The anchor has to be cut, obviously...but what do I replace Jynx2 with? As of now, the easiest move would be to take a member of my Bench and promote it to the starting lineup, but I'm open to other ideas.

Side note, some of the BP gained from this run was spent to breed Muk4 & Weezing4, so with that, the pleasure of once again carrying this concept past Dana, and the aforementioned shiny Xerneas, a worthwhile short run on multiple fronts.

Last edited:
I also am a huge fan of Sheer Force Landorus. I did a lot of deliberating and experimenting with 4th moves and usually wound up missing whatever I'd replaced. Earth Power and Psychic were my only unwavering moves, with the last two bouncing between any combination of Sludge Wave, Rock Slide and Grass Knot. I used Focus Blast ever so briefly but came to my senses. I haven't used that Landorus in forever but it was a key component in most of my trophy runs.

Last edited:
There's definitely circumstances where imperfect accuracy is affordable. Icy Wind on Suicune, and Toxic on Gliscor and Chansey are good examples in Singles where the stalling power and bulk of the mons is so good, most of the time it simply doesn't matter if you miss once or twice. In Togekiss's case with Air Slash, the move already has risk in its 60% flinch chance - a 5% chance to miss is pretty small on top of to a 40% chance not to flinch, if you were looking for a hard hitter with maximum reliability you would not pick Togekiss in the first place.

In Doubles/Triples I'm more allergic to inaccuracy due to the speed of the format - with fast sweepers relying on a speed advantage, missing at a crucial time can turn a clean KO into getting your Pokémon KO'd instead and snowball very quickly. I think a general rule of bulkier mons with a lot of staying power (such as your TR sets) being able to get away with slight accuracy risk is a decent one, but there's also times where I wouldn't take the risk - such as Rock Slide on a slow Landorus-T set in Triples. If it were a Scarf set, the added flinch chance against most foes and a faster second shot at it on Turn 2 could make it a worthwhile option - but with 111 Speed, the risk of missing once and losing out entirely is too large.
Not sure why you'd pick moves like Icy Wind as an example. Battle Maison isn't like VGC. Icy Wind is definitely not worth it considering most Pokemon that can learn it also gets Ice Beam. The AI is much more predictable and less intelligent. Knowing this, you can simply stick with high-damage, high-coverage sets.

I guess if you have all the patience in the world, then you do you with these slow-and-steady strategies. But there are plenty of strong, accurate moves out there, so it's still always best to consider your options before jumping into a VGC strategy.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure why you'd pick moves like Icy Wind as an example. Battle Maison isn't like VGC. Icy Wind is definitely not worth it considering most Pokemon that can learn it also gets Ice Beam. The AI is much more predictable and less intelligent. Knowing this, you can simply stick with high-damage, high-coverage sets.
Icy Wind is an apt example because it's an important part of the most successful Singles Suicune spread. Jumpman's spread even uses exactly enough Speed to outspeed Garchomp4 by a point after the drop from Icy Wind. While in most situations the move is not the best, citing its use in the second most successful Singles team on Smogon (which is likely to become the most successful at Jumpman's next update) seems quite appropriate.

I guess if you have all the patience in the world, then you do you with these slow-and-steady strategies. But there are plenty of strong, accurate moves out there, so it's still always best to consider your options before jumping into a VGC strategy.
For most people using Icy Wind, the options have been considered. And discarded. The use of moves like Icy Wind etc has fuck-all to do with VGC lol

Hi all! Longtime lurker, first time poster in this thread. Think it's about time I share an ongoing streak now it's at a sizeable length (for my standards anyway). I'm using turskain's Nite/Aegi/Greninja v2 Singles team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-87#post-5705523

I feel very comfortable using this team now I've got some experience under my belt. It's pretty much identical except for Aegislash; I didn't bother breeding for 28/29 Spe IV's so mine just hits 81 Spe.

Last year when I first decided to try it, I would often lose in the early-mid 100's due to playing too recklessly. I was too impatient to capitalize on the team's excellent synergy by not switch-stalling the opponent's PP enough. The essence of maintaining a long Maison streak is to play smartly and minimize risk as much as possible, so by keeping these factors in mind I feel like I'm a considerably better player now. Let's see how close I can get to the big 1000!

Again, full credit goes to turskain for the awesomely cool squad! Here's a humorous battle showcasing why Scald is one of the best moves in the game.
Battle No. 227: E7ZG-WWWW-WW43-37Q3
Electivire freezes Greninja with Ice Punch on the switch, Greninja Scalds to thaw out and burns, then proceeds to tank Thunder Punch and clean up.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, since I'm back(ish), I figured I'd post about what I've been doing in the Battle Maison in my absence.

ORAS Super Triples - 509 wins (ongoing)

(M) @
, Naive, Protean ** Jesus Frog **
EVs: 0|40|0|216|0|252 / IVs: 31|31|31|31|31|31
Mat Block | Low Kick | Ice Beam | Dark Pulse

(F) @
, Bold, Sturdy ** Cirice **
Lv.1 stats: 12/5/7/5/5/5
Endeavor | Protect | Toxic | Iron Head

(F) @
, Adamant, Gale Wings ** Scorch **
EVs: 68|252|0|0|0|188 / IVs: 31|31|31|xx|31|31
Brave Bird | Flare Blitz | Sunny Day | Tailwind

(M) @
, Modest, Flash Fire ** Natsu **
EVs: 0|0|0|252|4|252 / IVs: 31|xx|31|31|31|31
Eruption | Solar Beam | Flamethrower | Protect

(F) @
, Modest, Pixilate ** Soft Kitty **
EVs: 0|0|92|252|0|164 / IVs: 31|30|31|31|31|31
Hyper Voice | Psyshock | Shadow Ball | Swift

(M) @
, Jolly, Rough Skin ** Sharknado **
EVs: 0|252|4|0|0|252 / IVs: 31|31|31|xx|31|31
Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Iron Head | Protect

So basically what I'm attempting here is having Aron in the center on a Greninja / X / Talonflame team. By doing so, I can use the team as a typical Aron center team plus two side Pokemon capable of attacking from anywhere on the field, or can have it as a Tailwind team when necessary. Examples of where you'd set up Tailwind would be against leading opponents faster than Greninja (Jolteon, Manectric4, Terrakion2) or in some kind of scenario in which you'd want to switch Aron out (such as to avoid having to deal with Greninja3's Water Shuriken, or a Fake Out lead) So, in a nutshell, the idea behind the team is to have Greninja and Talonflame support Aron's endeavors (hehehe) to bring the HP of your opponents down, while having Talonflame set up Tailwind & Greninja allow any Pokemon a safe switch-in in the event that I need to switch Aron out immediately.

You may notice a few odd EV spreads, namely the ones on Greninja, Talonflame, and Sylveon. Greninja's EVs are simply the ones it used in ORAS OU prior to its banning, as I really didn't feel like going through any more trouble (and wanted that Pokemon I spent time breeding to be put to good use.) So it's basically the Greninja you'd typically see in the Maison, except with Low Kick instead of Grass Knot, which helps against some Pokemon 4x weak to the move like Tyranitar, Bisharp, and Aggron. With Talonflame, you're looking at the bare minimum amount of Speed I will run on it simply due to the possibility of needing to switch positions with my own Garchomp so as to protect my own Pokemon from Earthquake. This is not an uncommon scenario. Sylveon is simply EV'd to outrun positive-natured base 130s (Jolteon/Aerodactyl) in Tailwind.

Threats

Jolteon/Manectric4 center - This is especially problematic because these could plausibly target any one of my leads. The game plan here is to automatically swap Aron for Garchomp, Mat Block on Greninja, and set up Tailwind with Talonflame. If they try to target Aron, Garchomp absorbs that easily. If they target Talonflame, it at least got up Tailwind before going down and now Garchomp outspeeds and can pummel them with Earthquake. If they target Greninja, it will go down to its Sash and still get the Mat Block up to protect your Garchomp switch-in from attacks from the other Pokemon.
Terrakion2 - If you see Terrakion and it can be Terrakion2, go for the Tailwind. Odds are Terrakion2 will target Talonflame, not Aron, if it is in a position to target Talonflame. Have Aron use Endeavor on Terrakion and then, on the following turn, Greninja will outspeed and be able to take it out without issue. The Pokemon you send out to replace Talonflame will depend on Terrakion's teammates.
Zapdos - This is mildly problematic because, sans Tailwind, only Greninja and Garchomp can go up against this effectively. Plus, if it has Static, Aron should not be attempting to Endeavor it if it is possible to avoid doing so. If it leads and has Static, you should have Greninja focus on taking it out with Ice Beam (still Mat Block turn 1 though) However, if it's in a position to where Greninja can't target with Ice Beam and has Static, then odds are you will have to risk Aron getting paralyzed so that Greninja can hit it with Dark Pulse instead.

Possible improvements

Mega Gardevoir > Sylveon - Functions very similarly in terms of being able to power off powerful Hyper Voice nukes, but can also take advantage of Telepathy prior to Mega Evolving so as to dodge Garchomp's Earthquake and reduce the burden of Talonflame having to switch positions with Garchomp. However, this could open up a new hole because Gardevoir doesn't learn Swift, meaning it has no effective means of circumventing Double Team (Disarming Voice is pretty pathetic, Pixilate Swift is at least marginally stronger than Rock Slide but who's going to use a 40 BP spread move, let alone 40 BP anything sans Technician?) and Garchomp's EQ is something that's at least manageable with two of my other Pokemon having Protect and with Talonflame's Speed EVs.

I won't be sharing replays quite yet - I'll share those with the streak loss proof, whenever said loss actually happens. (Seriously, why is it so easy to hit big numbers in Triples?)

Because a lot of powerful tactics are all the more overpowering in Triples. TR and Tailwind now allow you to attack during the same turn your mandatory ingredients do the setting up. With a full roster, it's harder to be placed into the kinds of predicaments that occur in Singles, where a stroke of bad luck bringing about the untimely demise of one poke can easily place you in checkmate.

Even with a wrench thrown into your overarching tactic, 5-6 good synergetic movesets are going to perform better than six randomly assorted ones. I think most people who lose their Triples streaks still faint most of their opponents before the damage gets to be insurmountable.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
You know I don't think I've run into a single Water Shuriken Greninja during my Triples run. I didn't notice that set until recently
I ran into it once - it is a pretty rare occurrence especially because it's just one set out of tons of sets in the Super Maison, and never ran into it again. It's still something to be careful about, though, because Water Shuriken hitting more than twice means a dead Aron (& Mat Block can't block it due to Water Shuriken's increased priority). On the whole, you'll have to deal with Fake Out way more often.

Lucky you. I bumped into that fuck quite a bit during my big streak, and a center Aron only ensured it'd be a headache. Of the specialty trainer types, I think I was facing a starter user maybe once every 75 battles, which gets to feel like a lot in over a thousand if irritating things frequently happen during them. Greninja3 was probably in about a third of those, and usually as a lead.

Last edited:

Smuckem

I might rummage through my 200-win streak and see if Greninja3 popped up in any of my battles. From past experience, I can say that, as someone who only sporadically uses FEARs, Greninja3 is far more of a nuisance for the Rock Slide spam it typically employs than for Water Shuriken usage. You folks using Mach Punch Conkeldurr are so lucky--you have an auto-win condition against Greninja in general.

Last edited:
Posting a Super Singles XY streak of 124. not super innovative but i wanted to take a break from asking myself "what's an even BETTER partner for Garchomp3 in multis?". 2QMW-WWWW-WW43-JWCQ

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVS: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Standard Kangaskhan, I decided to use Adamant for stronger Sucker Punches, but I've found myself getting shat on by SO MANY THINGS that Jolly outspeeds, so I'm changing it.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

An integral part of any Kanga team is a status absorber, and I wanted to not be a Generic Gary, so I settled on using LO Clefable. This has decent defensive synergy with Kanga if I want to kill some choiced Fighting mon (or fighting mon in general that isn't food for Aegi to set up on) without the AI switching.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVS: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Standard Aegislash, eats up any setup fodder the AI gives it.

I misplayed in the battle I lost, but the problems with this team are fairly clear-cut. I have zero way to beat Earthquake users beyond "Kangaskhan them before they EQ you" which, while it often works, is inconsistent as hell. First thing I'm doing is breeding a new Kanga so it can be Jolly, then I'm going to go back to the drawing board for a third slot (thinking Dragonite) and the use of Clefable's moveslots. I think Clefable as a status absorber is a great idea, but it's just not used well, possibly considering Thunderbolt over Flamethrower or Ice Beam to beat the Suicune1 I lost to, or the Gyarados3 that has also given my team a run for its money.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lucky you. I bumped into that fuck quite a bit during my big streak, and a center Aron only ensured it'd be a headache. Of the specialty trainer types, I think I was facing a starter user maybe once every 75 battles, which gets to feel like a lot in over a thousand if irritating things frequently happen during them. Greninja3 was probably in about a third of those, and usually as a lead.
Well, assuming you run into one of the breeders that can have all Starter sets, it's a 1 in 3 chance they will have Greninja, a 1 in 2 chance it will lead, and a 1 in 4 chance it will be Greninja3, which comes out to a total chance of 1/24 if you do run into one of the "All Starter sets" trainers. Of course, over the period of a long streak, 1 in 24 is a pretty high probability, but this isn't factoring in the odds of encountering one of these trainers in the first place. Either way, it's still definitely something to be on the look-out for seeing as it basically ends Aron if it does appear.

I think I have a pretty good idea on how to deal with Greninja3 anyhow, especially since Frisk on Dusclops lets me identify sets on the spot.

Could be one of the few instances where the Switch command would be useful. Follow Me covers two of the 3 spots on the lead positions which is nice

Smuckem

Just watched turskain recently uploaded replays (comments in bold):

I like the pseudo-clean split of typing thrown in against you, 2 Fire/"2" Poison/2 Dark maximizes the challenge post-Dana Punks can throw at you. Weavile4 not going for the Fake Out was odd.

Were you expecting the Turn 1 Explosion? While general AI tendencies and the makeup of your leads would indicate that Explosion would be its "best option", I would also think that, as your bulkiest lead here, you weren't fearing any of those leads directly targeting Mega Pulse, thus making the Volt Switch unnecessary--before watching, I would have guessed you target Skuntank4 instead and eliminate it before it even gets a shot off, since Zinglon would then take out Vileplume4 before it gets SolarBeam off next turn anyway.

No lie, this was legitimately only the second time I've seen Zoroark4's Focus Band activate.

Was holding my breath a few times watching that, as if it were happening in real time. Smart use of Landorus-T too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my end, have taken a break from doing anything serious since raising my first worthwhile Klefki. Since Friday was the 13th, I have been taking pretty much every regular team I've ever made, trying to get them to the 13th battle of a streak, saving those battles, and then forfeiting Battle #14. Part of this is trying to see if these battles were filled with bad luck and such (I no longer have the battle vid, but I specificly remember my 57-win streak featuring a highly annoying Battle #13, due mainly to having to dance around Moxie Honchkrow2), but mainly I'm just messing around until I work up the drive to get a serious run going again, perhaps a Maison-set Monotype team of some sort, or an improved version of the FWG-DSF dual cores team I rolled with to 43 wins.

Last edited:
Long time without posting (and playing Battle Maison), I wanted to share a poorly made streak of 99 in Super Singles. The twist of this one was that I wanted to use a non-common Mega for a long streak and so I bred a Pinsir and used the following team:

Alien, the Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter / Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Mironga, the Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold
IVs: 31/X/31/x/31/31
- Toxic
- Minimize
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Nanananana, the Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Atk / 36 Def / 44 SDe / 220 Spd
Impish
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake

There's a reason why Pinsir was not here: because he is TOO weak for a LOT of things. He's surprisely faster than a lot of things, but if you even suspect any super-effective attack coming, you have to switch. Even when you get to Swords Dance in the first turn, there IS a lot of things faster than him, than you have to switch. Nevertheless, more than 50% of the fights I got to finish just using him: Swords Dance (and megaevolve) + 3x Return. Because he IS a beast after SD and return hits VERY hard. The other two are monster tanks. I have used Gliscor before and he also win battles in its own, but Eviolite Chansey is... something else. Nothing special beats her better than 4KO and even some phisical cannot beat better than 3KO.

My loss is a series of misplays. I had to switch a lot of times but didn't just... because. Anyway, here is to you laugh: QHFW-WWWW-WW43-R8GZ.

I think that I'll keep trying unusual mega on Singles. It is just fun. :)

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Long time without posting (and playing Battle Maison), I wanted to share a poorly made streak of 99 in Super Singles. The twist of this one was that I wanted to use a non-common Mega for a long streak and so I bred a Pinsir and used the following team:

Alien, the Pinsir @ Pinsirite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Mironga, the Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold
IVs: 31/X/31/x/31/31
- Toxic
- Minimize
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Nanananana, the Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Atk / 36 Def / 44 SDe / 220 Spd
Impish
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake

There's a reason why Pinsir was not here: because he is TOO weak for a LOT of things. He's surprisely faster than a lot of things, but if you even suspect any super-effective attack coming, you have to switch. Even when you get to Swords Dance in the first turn, there IS a lot of things faster than him, than you have to switch. Nevertheless, more than 50% of the fights I got to finish just using him: Swords Dance (and megaevolve) + 3x Return. Because he IS a beast after SD and return hits VERY hard. The other two are monster tanks. I have used Gliscor before and he also win battles in its own, but Eviolite Chansey is... something else. Nothing special beats her better than 4KO and even some phisical cannot beat better than 3KO.

My loss is a series of misplays. I had to switch a lot of times but didn't just... because. Anyway, here is to you laugh: QHFW-WWWW-WW43-R8GZ.

I think that I'll keep trying unusual mega on Singles. It is just fun. :)
Congrats on the streak, but I thought the Battle Video said that you lost on round 90, not round 100.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'm trying to get all of the trophies and am struggling with singles. I've had little problems with the others, (Even with the AI in multis) but singles are just hard for me for some reason. My plan is to use Mega Blaziken (It has to be mega because I hatched a shiny with the wrong nature.) as a lead and use Protect then Batton Pass against bad matchups. Against Pokemon using Water or Ground moves, I pass to a Serperior I breed just for this. (Also, it's Shiny. I swear I'm not a shiny hunter. What are the odds of that happening two breeding projects in a row?) Even though both of these Pokemon are flawed, I'm dead set on using them. What do you think would be a good team mate for them? Here's my team right now.

Blaziken @ Mega Stone
Adamant - Blaze --> Speed Boost
IVs: 31/31/27/31/31/31 (OMG YES! ENVY ME! :D)
-Flare Blitz
-Brick Break Low Kick (High Jump Kick is too risky)
-Protect
-Baton Pass

Seperior @ Wide Lens (I got tiered of Leaf Storm missing, but the loss of power from Life Orb very is noticeable)
Modest - Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/9/31/31/31/9 (Ouch)
-Leaf Storm
-Giga Drain
-Dragon Pulse
-Substitute

Salamence (Not Shiny) @ Life Orb
Adamant - Moxie
IVs: 31/31/31/??/31/31
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fly (I didn't know what to use so I went with a second Stab.)
-Dragon Dance (In case of emergency)

To sum this up, I'm not looking for an insane team. I'm just looking for enough help to get me to battle 50 and I don't want to replace the first two Pokemon.

5/21 EDIT: Testing Gyrados, but still looking for help.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)