CAPTT 2 Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CAP Team Tournament Signups!
Hosted by Snobalt

Sign ups are now open for our second CAPTT! This thread will be open for the next few weeks, so be sure to sign up while you can. The auction is tentatively scheduled to take place on May 28th 9 PM Pacific time (Midnight Eastern), with the playing season starting on June 13th. The tournament will follow a Monday-to-Sunday playing week.

This year, the tournament will have six format slots; ORAS / ORAS / ORAS / CAP Dubs / BW / CAP Monotype. For those of you who participated last year, this means that CAP Monotype will be the new format, replacing CAP DPP. Furthermore, a third ORAS slot is now added. CAP Monotype will be default to bo1; however, if BOTH players agree to a bo3 before the start of the first match, a bo3 may be played instead.

The premise of CAPTT is very similar to other team tournaments, such as LCPL. Everyone who signs up will be eligible to be bid on during an auction by our team managers (called CAPtains). The CAPtain who bids the most on a player will add that player to his/her team. Each CAPtain will attempt to build/buy a solid team of players that can play well in all of the tournament's formats. Once the season starts, teams will face each other in head to head matches each week. If a team wins four or more matches in a week, then they win the week. If both opposing teams end a week at 3-3, then that week will be a tie for those teams. At the end of the regular season, the two teams with the best record will move onto the finals, where one final group of matches will be played.

Now, time to introduce the team
CAPtains
and their team names! This season we have:

• sparktrain
    , leader of the Naughty Necturnas
  • cbrevan
    , leader of the Choice Band Revenankhs
  • Animus Majulous
    , leader of the Vicious Volkrakens
  • HeaLnDeaL
    , leader of the Mighty Morphin' Mollux Rangers
  • Deck Knight
    , leader of the scrub team, the Tornadic Cyclohms

So, if you're interested in the CAPTT and want to sign up, here's what we want you to do:
  • Reply and say your Smogon name and your main PS names (if different than your Smogon username)
  • List which tiers you think you'll be good in / the ones you want to play in (ORAS, CAP Dubs, BW, CAP Monotype)
  • If you want to sign up for non-playing roles (or a combination of playing and non-playing roles), please add in another line to explain. Team Artist is the most appreciated of these extra roles, but if you wish you can sign up for other things such as Team Cheerleader, Team Mascot, etc. Note that every CAPTain is NOT required to buy a Team Artist, etc.
  • Say whether or not you have any expected upcoming inactivity; if so, please specify.
  • Do NOT post dank memes here. Those are reserved for our separate hype thread.
A sample sign up post might look like one of the below:

Name: HeaLnDeaL and SteaLnDeaL on PS
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS, CAP Dubs, CAP Monotype
Non-player roles: I'd also like to express interest in being a Team Artist
Any foreseeable inactivity: no
Name: SpheaLnDeaL
Tiers Played/Interested In: All of 'em
Any foreseeable inactivity: The second week of July I will be away on a school trip, but I'll be free every week except that one.

PLEASE DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU LACK MOTIVATION AND ARE PROBABLY GOING TO GO INACTIVE. WE KNOW THIS IS BOUND TO HAPPEN, BUT IF YOU'RE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE WHO TENDS TO SIGN UP BUT THEN DOESN'T BOTHER WITH THE TOURNAMENT, WE WILL BAN YOU FROM FUTURE CAPTTs.

DON'T BE RUDE TO OTHER PLAYERS OR CAPTAINS. There is a fine line between joking around for fun and being disrespectful.

Below are the banlists and rules for each format.

Play Restrictions
  • All standard OU tier clauses apply, including all Smogon-wide Clauses.
  • Necturna is restricted to one move learned by Sketch, even though it can theoretically learn the move more than once due to Gen VI's Egg Move mechanics.
Pokemon Restrictions
In addition to the Pokémon allowed in the standard OU tier, players are allowed to use Pokémon created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Syclant
  • Revenankh
  • Pyroak
  • Fidgit
  • Stratagem
  • Arghonaut
  • Kitsunoh
  • Cyclohm
  • Colossoil
  • Krilowatt
  • Voodoom
  • Tomohawk
  • Necturna
  • Mollux
  • Aurumoth
  • Malaconda
  • Cawmodore
  • Volkraken
  • Plasmanta
  • Naviathan
  • Crucibelle
In addition to the items allowed in the standard OverUsed metagame, players are allowed to use this item created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:

• Crucibellite
Play Restrictions
Players cannot use Pokémon from the Uber tier.

Players must abide by the following clauses:
  • Smogon-wide Clauses.
Players cannot use the following items:
  • Soul Dew
Pokemon Restrictions
In addition to the Pokémon allowed in the standard OU tier, players are allowed to use Pokémon created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Syclant
  • Revenankh
  • Pyroak
  • Fidgit
  • Stratagem
  • Arghonaut
  • Kitsunoh
  • Cyclohm
  • Colossoil
  • Krilowatt
  • Voodoom
  • Tomohawk
  • Necturna
  • Mollux
  • Aurumoth
  • Malaconda
Excadrill will remained banned and weather boosting abilities (Swift Swim without Drizzle, Sand Rush, Chlorophyll) will remain unbanned (Swift Swim + Drizzle is banned, Drought + Chlorophyll is NOT banned). Cawmodore is NOT allowed because he was finished after Gen VI started.
The basic premise of CAP Doubles is the Doubles Banlist + CAPs allowed.

Play Restrictions
Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling.
Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Moody ability.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Necturna is restricted to one move learned by Sketch, even though it can theoretically learn the move more than once due to Gen VI's Egg Move mechanics.​

Pokémon Restrictions

Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Shaymin-Sky
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
In addition to the Pokémon allowed in the standard Doubles tier, players are allowed to use Pokémon created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Syclant
  • Revenankh
  • Pyroak
  • Fidgit
  • Stratagem
  • Arghonaut
  • Kitsunoh
  • Cyclohm
  • Colossoil
  • Krilowatt
  • Voodoom
  • Tomohawk
  • Necturna
  • Mollux
  • Aurumoth
  • Malaconda
  • Cawmodore
  • Volkraken
  • Plasmanta
  • Naviathan
  • Crucibelle
Move Restrictions

Players cannot use the following moves:
  • Dark Void

Players cannot use the following moves on the same team:
  • Gravity + any move that can induce sleep

Item Restrictions

• Salamencite
  • Soul Dew

In addition to the items allowed in the standard Doubles metagame, players are allowed to use this item created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Crucibellite
The basic concept of CAP Monotype is the Monotype banlist + CAP Mons allowed, with all Ubers banned.

Play Restrictions
  • All standard OU tier clauses apply, plus:
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
Pokémon Restrictions
Players cannot use the following Pokemon:
  • Aegislash
  • Arceus
  • Blaziken
  • Cawmodore
  • Darkrai
  • Deoxys
  • Deoxys-Attack
  • Deoxys-Defense
  • Deoxys-Speed
  • Dialga
  • Genesect
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-O
  • Greninja
  • Groudon
  • Hoopa-U
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem-White
  • Landorus
  • Lugia
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Shaymin-Sky
  • Talonflame
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zekrom
In addition to the Pokémon allowed in the standard Monotype metagame, players are allowed to use Pokémon created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Syclant
  • Revenankh
  • Pyroak
  • Fidgit
  • Stratagem
  • Arghonaut
  • Kitsunoh
  • Cyclohm
  • Colossoil
  • Krilowatt
  • Voodoom
  • Tomohawk
  • Necturna
  • Mollux
  • Aurumoth
  • Malaconda
  • Volkraken
  • Plasmanta
  • Naviathan
  • Crucibelle
Item Restrictions
  • Altarianite
  • Charizardite X
  • Damp Rock
  • Gengarite
  • Kangaskhanite
  • Lucarionite
  • Mawilite
  • Metagrossite
  • Salamencite
  • Slowbronite
  • Soul Dew
  • Smooth Rock
In addition to the items allowed in the standard Monotype metagame, players are allowed to use this item created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Crucibellite

Special thanks to TheFenderStory for helping us get the custom CAP formats on a server. The custom formats will be playable on Origin.

Special thanks to boxofkangaroos for the Wurmple sprite fusions.

If you have any questions or comments, please shoot me a VM or PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Name: Take Azelfie and Takes Azelfie on PS
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS and CAP Dubs
Non-player roles: I can give people gimmicky viable stuff to use to catch people off guard, also has great manipulating skills
Any foreseeable inactivity: will be less active than I have been but can still play / build

Name: Amitghosh (AmitghoshTest on PS)
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS CAP, CAP Monotype
Any Forseeable Inactivity: 8:30 am - 12 pm EDT every friday. and a few hours for school

Last edited:
name: Exclaimer
tiers: ORAS + B/W (monotype and doubles are garbage)
inactivity: mondays/wednesday is a no-go for me (lol 14 hour shifts) but otherwise activity is fine, no DQ's will happen

I won't be playing very seriously (doesn't mean I'm just gonna use shitty teams/plays, I just wanna have a good time), so if you expect to collaborate with teammates, or scout super hard, then don't bother.

Last edited:
Name: silverwhiteblue
Tiers Played/Interested In: cap doubles
Non-player roles: i'll uh, radiate with colors
Any foreseeable inactivity: might not be the most active player, but i'll get my scheduled games done

Reactions: ojr
Name: Bionic Puppy (and sometimes Poster Boy on PS
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS, CAP Dubs, CAP Mo
Any foreseeable inactivity: nope, but I will let you know if anything comes up

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
name: Fiend
tiers: none but I'll play all i guess
none player roles: I will maybe be your friend
inactivity: probably some bc LCPL + School; give me teams and I will play 100% of the time though

Sae

In the midst of Orre
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Name: Sae Sae
Tiers: CAP Doubles, CAP Monotype
Player Roles: Can help build teams for both dubs and mono.
Inactivity: nope

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Name: Dream Eater Gengar
Tiers Played/Interested In: CAP Monotype
Any foreseeable inactivity: From June 20 to June 24.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Name: jas61292
Tiers Played/Interested In: B2W2 CAP, and to a lesser extent ORAS CAP (though I will play anything)
Any foreseeable inactivity: Nah. I'm always at a computer.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Name: ununhexium
Tiers Played/Interested In: gimme a team ill play anything (prefer not to play dubs)
Non-player roles: what does this even mean

im signing up so i dont get fined

Name: Ria
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS, CAP Dubs, CAP Monotype, B2W2 CAP
Non-player roles: I'll bring the cookies
Any foreseeable inactivity: Nope. I'm almost always free

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Name: Yellow Paint
Tiers Played/Interested In: Cap Dubs
Any forseeable inactivity: gone week of july 4

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Name: boxofkangaroos
Tiers Played/Interested In: none
Non-player roles: Team Artist (mainly sprites)

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Name: snake_rattler
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS
Non-player roles: I'll put snakes on the other teams' planes I'll help test teams
Any foreseeable inactivity: Not much, I try to get on every day. I will not be in town over Memorial Day weekend for sure.

Last edited:
Name:PS rool821, smogon name :k.rool
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS,BW
Non-player roles: Helping teambuild or test Will bring Cake
Any foreseeable inactivity: Yes EST school hours I go to school FRom 8 to 3 Ends early june Mainly active in the afternoon

Last edited:
Name: PepsiPlunge, heartofgold on smogon
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS (willing to learn others)
Non-player roles: Resident maker of bad jokes
Any foreseeable inactivity: July will be touch and go, but I should be able to log on at least once a week

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Name: tcr
Tiers Played/Interested In: all
Non-player roles: all

Name: Verrucosity
Tiers Played/Interested In:CAP Dubs, CAP Monotype
Non-player roles: Team Cheerleader, Team Mascot
Any foreseeable inactivity: Business trip first weekend of July, that's all

Name: Elite Lord Sigma
Tiers Played/Interested in: ORAS, CAP Monotype
Non-Player Roles: Any
Any Foreseeable Inactivity: I generally have to work between 5 PM and 10:30 PM EDT most weekdays.

Name: Tamas
Tiers Played/Interested In: Cap ORAS, CAP Monotype, B2W2 Cap
Non-player roles: mushrooms
Any foreseeable inactivity: hope for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)