Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
"CoroCoro asserts that it is the main source of Pokemon news"

And it proceeds to blue ball the community TWICE with announcements of announcements. What a joke.

Had we not gotten this trailer, the community would be up in flames rn.
You know, now that GF will be releasing new info and updating the Sun & Moon site, in the back of my mind I'm kind of hoping CoroCoro keeps failing to deliver any significant Sun & Moon news just to spite them. "CoroCoro asserts that it is the main source of Pokemon news" up yours CoroCoro. How about you first give us any news before proclaiming that? How about not jerking us around for 2 months having failed to deliver promised new info.

We talked about how having CoroCoro be the go to place for new info was an outdated practice and GF seems to have agreed. However had CoroCoro kept its mouth shut until they were ready to talk about new Sun & Moon news I wouldn't have minded if they got like one or two exclusive new info to tell like a few new Pokemon, characters, locations, or mechanics. Sort of throwing the dog a bone. But after what they pulled for 2 months I hope GF decided to at most only tell them new anime stuff or maybe tell them stuff about the info they did release which many wouldn't have gotten.

Serebii said:
12-04-2016 06:52 BST

"The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed that next month will provide a huge scoop on Pokémon Sun & Moon. It has text saying that you can't see the Pokémon in the box art yet."
Hmm...
Serebii said:
12-05-2016 06:40 BST

"Some images have appeared from this month's CoroCoro and within the issue, while not providing any more new news about Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon, it confirmed that next month's issue will have an exclusive scoop on Pokémon Sun & Moon and claims itself to be the Pokémon Main Source for the news."
Hmmmm...

So... the big scoop was that next month we will have an exclusive scoop? Is it just me or they are just stalling for time?

Anyway, I'm actually glad that we got the trailer. I find all starters adorable, but I think O will begin with Litten in Pokemon Moon. Gotta love that dark fur of that fire cat. It helps it distinguish itself from the other starters, which have mainly bright colors. Sure, Cyndaquil has some dark fur, but it's still mainly bright.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Beyond all of the coro coro nonsense, Solgaleo and Lunaala have some very odd similaties to Pyroar and Noivern. The latter two are both 2 stage lines found late in XY for no clear reason. There is also the potential tie between Sun, Mppn, and XY with the Strange Souvenir, but that is stretching it a bit. Solgaleo and Lunaala may just be ancestors of the Pyroar and Noivern (Lions are big cats that do a ton of sunbathing and bats come out at night almost exclusively), or, stretching specualtion far further than we probably should, they could be heightened formes of the two. I would be fine with either tie, but if there isn't, I won't be able to shake the feeling that there should be a tie between the legends and the random 2 stage lines at the end of XY.

E: Route 22 is the Route before Victory Road is what I meant. It can be accessed early in the game like you said, I just never batted an eye at it in my playthroughs of XY.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Uhh... Litleo was available before the first gym. Not sure how that is particularly "Late" by any means WreckDra

The corocoro stuff is hilarious. There would have been so much salt had Nintendo not totally one upped them.

Also I was asked to join some people on a SmogonU cast about the Starters and the info we've seen so far last night! It should be on the SmogonU twitch channel as a recent broadcast! :)

Technically wouldn't repeating the trailer game freak put out qualify as a "big scoop"?

The thing most people are omitting is the word "the" in that sentence. It isnt claiming to be the main source or the best source, just the source for a particular bit of news that it is revealing next month. (After two months of jerking us around.)

Edit: i wonder if they would have leaked scans showing the legendaries and their names if they showed their names?

Upstart

Copy Cat
Is it confirmed that they'll be dropping videos like this once a month leading up to the release?

Also are hidden abilities discerned once the game coding is cracked?

Last edited:
Wait so in this post I pointed out that the moon legend really seems to be changing formes in the trailer. Check the link in that post. People explained that difference as just the pokemon moving around, but the bone things change shape drastically and really, really look like bones so they should not be flexible. Nobody else thinks so?
I think it's like how Dialga powers up when using Roar of Time, as shown in Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai/The Rise of Darkrai. Such energy needs to be channeled, that Lunaala's body buffs up. I honestly hope that Dialga's model does this too, like in the anime movie.

Edit: Kurona beat me to it. Oh, and Xerneas is a perfect example too!

I half expect Corocoro's "next big scoop" to just be a shiny vanniluxe by this point. Oh well, we got starters, region, and cover legends, I'm satisfied.

Oh, and the new professor keeps up Gamefreak's interesting trend of making them progressively prettier for the last three generations.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're up to this by gen 8 or 9

Pikachu, when ever we need to celebrate on this forum, please post that. Even if it has nothing to do with Machoke. Someone's birthday*? Machoke Movers. Someone's getting married? Machoke Movers. Team Four Star finally answers "Wen Broly?" with "Now"? Machoke Movers. Aron gets Bullet Punch at level 1, causing it to be the best FEAR user in the game? Machoke Movers. I finally take over the galaxy and you are now under my protection? MACHOKE. MOVERS.

You know what, I think you might be on to something. Also, this combines with the fact that Popplio's elemental color is far more prevalent than on Rowlet and Litten.

Quick question: is anyone else finding it difficult to remember Popplio's name? Rowlet I learned very quickly** and Litten wasn't too hard either. But Popplio is just not wanting to enter. Eventually, I'll learn it, but it's just oddly difficult.

* Saturday for instance...
**Not surprising since Rowlet is my favorite Pokémon.
ALL GLORY TO THE ROWLET!
Ironically, I remembered Litten's name first, Popplio's name second (ironic, since I don't like the whacky-looking seal, sorry sea lion. It's the large bulbous nose!), and it took me until yesterday to remember Rowlett!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Serebii mentioned on his Twitter (which I can't link right now because my phone hates Twitter links for some reason) that CoroCoro has a video with some Pokémon coverage they're going to release on YouTube or something this Saturdary.

Hm.

Litten - My pick. I'm curious where its design will go. Especially since it's the first three stage cat Pokémon. Based on clues, I'm betting on a Hellcat. As a rival of sorts to Houndoom. Either part Dark, Rock, or Poison. I really hope it's Poison.

Rowlet - Cute. I see a scholarly Owl design. I see the Grass bow tie becoming more prominent, and the fur/feathers around its eyes forming a shape similar to oversized eyeglasses. Complete with the long jacket of feathers. Maybe part of its final form's design will incorporate a top hat somewhere. I also see it carrying a large feather/grass quill pen as a weapon.

Popplio - Honestly, I feel this was a rejected Mario game enemy. I don't dislike it. It just seems bizarrely out of place, somehow. I think it'll have the most interesting evolutionary line.

No matter what, I'm sure they'll be better than Unova's mess of starters.

And I decided on Moon when the games were announced, as it sounded more mysterious, and had more interesting design potential. I was spot on.

I was thinking, with this being hyped as the big anniversary game, I hope they connect these games with other gens. Other than Zekrom and Reshiram, I really believe they could cleverly connect Solgaleo and Lunaala to all the past cover legends. Ho-Oh/Lugia - Sun/Moon, Groudon/Kyogre - Sun/Moon (water and the moon), Dialga/Palkia - This one is just easy, Xerneas/Yveltal - Xerneas for the moon and fairies. Yveltal....eh? There are even bonuses in Darkrai, Cresselia, and a couple other critters.

That, or this will just be the largest region by a long shot as a way to give long time fans a lengthy adventure.
On the contrary, the entry on the website states that rowlet is a sneaky fighter. Doesn't seem like a scholar. Someone else was saying this is going to be like the hoothoot line, but that again is unlikely, as it is claimed to be like a ninja. It probably is going to get alot of dark and fighting moves, and be the opposite of shiftry(a pokemon that was grass-dark and was very close to flying) in the sense that it will be grass-flying with a close relation to dark and fighting.

If its final evo is sim to a great-horned owl, I can see it getting moves like horn leech, but I see it staying with the barn owl theme, so it probably will get moves like leaf blade, air slash, night slash and high jump kick

--------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding corocoro, they trolled us again, saying that the huge scoop is going to be next month.
At the very least they could just show us the starters again, that would be good, even if they don't give us any new info.

Did any notice how the supposed rival uses rowlet when the avatar uses litten. That pretty much confirms that there will be two rivals at least cause one will have the super effective starter

I'd like to point out that as silly as Popplio looks to some of you, it has the potential to end up looking quite good. With the exception of Gen 2, every gen has had a "goofy/silly/derpy" kind of starter that often turned into something cool.

Gen 1:

Kind of unassuming, and kinda silly looking. But hey, Charizard!

Gen 3:

While the meme exists, Mudkip is just flat out derpy. Swampert looks cool.

Gen 4:

A true derpy pokemon. I know a lot of people liked Torterra, but I also know a bunch of people were turned off by Turtwig's expression.

EVERYBODY hated Oshawott. But Samurott is cool. Also, after the first time everyone played, people realized that the other two starters kinda-maybe-possibly weren't all that good.

Some people liked Chespin. Others thought it looked dumb. It does kinda look goofy, but Bowser, er, I mean, Chesnaught, makes up for it.

I half expect Corocoro's "next big scoop" to just be a shiny vanniluxe by this point.

With corocoro's record, anyone want to bet it's the English release trailer?
First thing I thought of. No one said it was an exclusive video. (Though my first thought was actually a duplicate of the Japanese trailer; the English trailer actually (barely) makes like 1% more sense because technically Japanese fans haven't seen that yet.)

I'd like to point out that as silly as Popplio looks to some of you, it has the potential to end up looking quite good. With the exception of Gen 2, every gen has had a "goofy/silly/derpy" kind of starter that often turned into something cool.

Gen 1:

Kind of unassuming, and kinda silly looking. But hey, Charizard!

Gen 3:

While the meme exists, Mudkip is just flat out derpy. Swampert looks cool.

Gen 4:

A true derpy pokemon. I know a lot of people liked Torterra, but I also know a bunch of people were turned off by Turtwig's expression.

EVERYBODY hated Oshawott. But Samurott is cool. Also, after the first time everyone played, people realized that the other two starters kinda-maybe-possibly weren't all that good.

Some people liked Chespin. Others thought it looked dumb. It does kinda look goofy, but Bowser, er, I mean, Chesnaught, makes up for it.
Does that mean I'm one of the few that loved the look of Oshawott immediately? I mean for BW, I was stuck for a while deciding whether to do Oshawott or Snivy and I only decided on Snivy because, at the preview event, I both won a Snivy stylus and played the demo where you used Servine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)