Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this would be considered a bug, so here we go.

It says you can't use a level 5 Gyarados because Magikarp evolves at level 20, however, in the Nature Preserve in Pokemon BW2 you can fish and find level 1 Gyarados. Although this isn't relevant in most cases, I think it should be fixed just for the sake of being accurate.

Something is up with the validation for extreme tier shift
upload_2016-5-3_16-11-23.png

upload_2016-5-3_16-11-54.png

upload_2016-5-3_16-12-8.png

is this a bug, or can someone explain what is going on?
edit: Its also happening in type reflector:

Its been fine if I set them to nonmega with the stones, but its really weird

Last edited:
showdownbug.png

So I was battling and this happened. This bug usually happens when using a forced switch move; in this instance, it was a Mew using Roar. As you can see, the sprites have stacked on top of one another.
So yeah.

Every Pokemon event that was distributed as an egg, including Wish Chansey and the other wish event eggs as well as the Weather Ball Venusaur, Acrobatics Charizard, and Follow Me Blastoise events are incorrectly flagged as disallowing shininess. These Pokemon were distributed as eggs, so even though the cartridge will reroll the PID if it generates a shiny one, you can generate a PID that will hatch shiny on someone else's gamecart. Shiny ones are theoretically possible and 100% legal.

Looking at the code in format-data.js and team-validator.js the problem seems to be coming from this line of code at line 377:

Code:
if ((eventData.shiny && !set.shiny) || (!eventData.shiny && set.shiny)) {
   problems.push(name + " must " + (eventData.shiny ? "" : "not ") + "be shiny because it has a move only available from a specific event.");
}
Since the line assumes that events have to either be shiny or not shiny. I don't want to backseat program a bug fix too hard since I'm not a programmer and will probably make some naive mistakes, but I think the intuitive solution here would be to either set the shiny flag one these events to null or add an extra check to this if statement. Perhaps the event info could be changed from this:

Code:
{"generation": 5, "level": 1, "ivs": {"def": 31}, "isHidden": false, "moves":["falseswipe", "block", "frenzyplant", "weatherball"]},
To this

Code:
{"generation": 5, "level": 1, "shiny": null, "ivs": {"def": 31}, "isHidden": false, "moves":["falseswipe", "block", "frenzyplant", "weatherball"]},
Or have some other check in this statement if booleans don't work that way. Another solution would be to simply enter the event info twice with the shiny flag set to yes on one of them, which seems to be what Showdown's doing with Manaphy who can only be shiny through the method I mentioned above. Here's a list of all Pokemon I'm aware of with this conflict that need to be changed:

Bulbasaur (5th gen weather ball event)
Charmander (5th gen acrobatics event)
Squirtle (5th gen follow me event)
Farfetch'd (3rd gen Wish event)
Drowzee (3rd gen Wish event)
Exeggcute (3rd gen Wish event)
Lickitung (3rd gen Wish Event)
Chansey (3rd gen Wish Event)
Kangaskhan (3rd gen Wish Event)
Bagon (3rd gen Wish Event)

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The PP viewer in Advance games appears to be incorrect in instances involving Pressure and Protect. (Not sure if this is Adv-specific or if it applies across gens, but that's where I witnessed an issue.)

In the recent Adv Cup game of teal6 vs. MetalGroSS, Metal's Blissey used Toxic against Zapdos three times, and Zapdos protected. On the spectator/opponent view of Blissey, the counter for Toxic only went down once. This resulted in Blissey appearing to spectators and to teal6 to still have 3 Toxic PP left at the end of the game, when actually it had zero.

Seemingly minor issue, but I'd assume that it definitely influenced how teal played that endgame, so I thought I'd point it out.

Here's the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-159257

Hi, on PS! for android the attack Return doesn't work at all, it's like you haven't choose any attack.

Also when you choose the attack Frustation, it only does a minimun damage, I think its because the auto-happines arrange isn't working.

Hi, on PS! for android the attack Return doesn't work at all, it's like you haven't choose any attack.

Also when you choose the attack Frustation, it only does a minimun damage, I think its because the auto-happines arrange isn't working.
The mobile apps aren't done by smogon/zarel/ps coders, so they aren't dealt with here IIRC.

Plusle and Minun's Pokepark Egg Event moves are mismatched. Plusle should have Water Sport while Minun should have Mud Sport. Smogon's own Pokedex, Bulbapedia, and Serebii all back up this claim, so it seems most likely showdown has it backwords unless there's something I'm missing.

This is probably the least consequential bug report ever

Plusle and Minun's Pokepark Egg Event moves are mismatched. Plusle should have Water Sport while Minun should have Mud Sport. Smogon's own Pokedex, Bulbapedia, and Serebii all back up this claim, so it seems most likely showdown has it backwords unless there's something I'm missing.

This is probably the least consequential bug report ever
All of those sources are incorrect. I changed it two years ago when we found out (link). I can't recall how we found out but perhaps Marty remembers.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
All of those sources are incorrect. I changed it two years ago when we found out (link). I can't recall how we found out but perhaps Marty remembers.
Hmm, I looked through my IRC logs and I wasn't even around that week, so I have no idea. I've searched a bit and can only find two sources that claim the reverse: an old Smogon thread and an even older PokéCommunity thread (and the first post by the same user in that thread contradicts it), so I'm thinking it's probably a mistake?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-370886471

In this battle, my Dragonite was burned and lum berry did not kick in to heal it. Unfortunately I do not have a picture to show that Dragonite had a lum berry, but I assure that he did.
Turn 6

The opposing Glalie used Return!
It's super effective! Wormadam lost 97.9% of its health!

Wormadam fainted!

Go! Pyroar!
[Pyroar's Unnerve!]
The opposing team is too nervous to eat Berries!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-371712854

Hiiii okay so this may not be a bug I don't know, I tried to figure out if this is the way it's supposed to work or not and found nothing. It just very much seems to me this is not the way it's supposed to work lol.

If you go to turn 19, the final turn of the match, you will see that Flare Blitz killed my opponents Uxie. I then died to the opposing Uxie's Rocky Helmet. I tried to look for competitive clauses, and it seems that self-KO clause doesn't exist anymore I guess. So if it doesn't exist, shouldn't it be a tie? And if it is still in affect, is it properly implemented into PS? Self-KO clause states: If both players have only one Pokemon left, moves which KO both the user and the opponent are not allowed (e.g. Explosion, Destiny Bond). If recoil damage would cause a tie, Self KO Clause does not activate, and the player who last attacked is the winner.

Now, given that I was the player who last attacked, should I not have won?

The log also states that my Darmanitan died before Uxie died, is that truly how it would happen on Wifi? Would it first state the I died to Rocky Helmet before stating that Uxie died to Flare Blitz? I'm a bit confused here, maybe this is how it is supposed to work, but it doesn't seem right.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-371712854

Hiiii okay so this may not be a bug I don't know, I tried to figure out if this is the way it's supposed to work or not and found nothing. It just very much seems to me this is not the way it's supposed to work lol.

If you go to turn 19, the final turn of the match, you will see that Flare Blitz killed my opponents Uxie. I then died to the opposing Uxie's Rocky Helmet. I tried to look for competitive clauses, and it seems that self-KO clause doesn't exist anymore I guess. So if it doesn't exist, shouldn't it be a tie? And if it is still in affect, is it properly implemented into PS? Self-KO clause states: If both players have only one Pokemon left, moves which KO both the user and the opponent are not allowed (e.g. Explosion, Destiny Bond). If recoil damage would cause a tie, Self KO Clause does not activate, and the player who last attacked is the winner.

Now, given that I was the player who last attacked, should I not have won?

The log also states that my Darmanitan died before Uxie died, is that truly how it would happen on Wifi? Would it first state the I died to Rocky Helmet before stating that Uxie died to Flare Blitz? I'm a bit confused here, maybe this is how it is supposed to work, but it doesn't seem right.
So the official rules are in the link below, under section 6. Although it's dated 2014, that specific section hasn't changed and is how it works on wifi.

http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/...14/Play_Pokemon_VG_Rules_and_Formats_2014.pdf

Relevant section is as follows:

• If a Pokémon’s Ability (such as Rough Skin, Aftermath, Liquid Ooze, or Iron Barbs) or held item (such as Rocky Helmet) results in each player’s final Pokémon fainting, the player whose Pokémon had the Ability or held item wins the game.
So the important piece is that Rocky Helmet damage activates before recoil damage, so you didn't technically faint due to recoil but to rocky helmet damage, giving your opponent the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)