Tournament The Neverused Premier League IV - Finals (Won by The Krusty Krabs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow bugz, are you implying I wasn't the unquestioned superstar of this team? What about my pristine 4-1 record ,__,

Undefeated team is undefeated, this year was a lot of fun bc BW2 NU is cool to build for. if anyone sees me on smogtours and wants to play a game of BW NU, just hit me up with a challenge

shoutouts:

finchinator for the week 2 team and playtests
advantage for the playtests
bugzinator for never losing
the goomy for being cute
Kiyo for being a dictator of a manager, nice guys finish last and the constant chest thumping and infighting in our team channel even during a season in which we never lost kept us engaged
innovamania for winning some games and having a good skype avatar
Christo. for doing great things everywhere you go
blaziken. and brick small for being solid up and coming players, you guys did your part
cherub agent ebeast and hollywood for giving me ideas and / or playtesting, was a lot of help

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
the goomy for being cute
(✿◠‿◠)

Shoutout time:

Advantage - You need to stop building stall. (PS this horse was the offspring of Kiyo and TCW in game)

CanadianWifier - Best Mario Kart player on the team

Brick Small. - I picture you being this young and naive for some reason. Keep doing good and you'll be great.

innovamania - I'm sorry I can't spell, I was drunk when I made this horse. And you're a great human being and Pokemon player. I love you.

Finchinator - yo, fuck finch. 31.5k my ass. JK, Built a bunch of teams and was a more positive presence than Kiyo.

Kiyo - Thank you for picking me up and playing me in finals. I'm glad we got to draft together and have fun this season. (winning is fun).

OK GUYS IT TAKES LIKE 3 HOURS PER HORSE AND I RAN OUT OF TIME.

Christo. - You're a great player and a cool person, hope we continue to talk and stuff
Oglemi - Sorry you didn't play more, but we won!
Blaziken. - You're a cool person and it was nice hearing your quiet voice in call.
QueenOfLuvdiscs - lol.
Sweep - I've known you for a while and it was cool to see you work in a tier that you're comfortable in.
bugzinator - eyyy. I love you.
The Goomy - you won games this year, try that again next year.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Well, it's about time. After participating in all four of these and making three finals, my team finally won one. Funnily enough, it was the one year I got my ass seriously carried. Obviously, the whole 31.5k price tag hung over my head all tour, win or lose, and I understand that it was hard to shed that and lower expectations, but what truly mattered was my team, as a whole, meeting and exceeding expectations with our cumulative results. I am so proud of so many of our players for their personal development, preparation, and gameplay in general - it was a pleasure being on this team and I met lots of new people that I enjoy as well as strengthening some past friendships. I'll cut the crap here, before it comes an essay, and give some individual shoutouts that are all well deserved!

Kiyo - Serious props to you. Good draft, good managing, good play, and good decision making overall. You deserve 100% of the credit for your draft - my only interaction was here and you had it all under control and you know pretty much everything. It takes a LOT of knowledge and ability to be able to form a winning team with a 31.5k player going 2-4 at the core of your plans. You also impressed me a lot with your gameplay in ORAS - looking forward to seeing you next SPL if you play, keep it up and best of luck!

Advantage - Probably one of the best people to be on a team with, in my opinion, and that says a lot because I've been on too many teams to fucking count at this point. You faced some shaky circumstances during one of the weeks and still came back strong, helped the team whenever you could, and played to the best of your ability. I think you still have some progress to make in terms of gameplay, but you're certainly quite good as is and you're only getting better with time (not to mention your ability to teambuild is solid...although I'm not a personal fan of the stalls, but they still seemed to work!). Keep going and I hope we can stick in touch in the future; I value you a lot as a friend and a user.

blaziken - you're not Blaziken. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blaziken. - Knew very little about you coming into the tournament, but the more and more I found out, the more and more I liked. You have a solid amount of knowledge and playing ability - you have a LOT of outplaying potential for someone who seems to be newer to the higher-level tournament play scene. I think you need some more tournament experience to truly reach your full potential, but I'm glad that you were a part of the team and I hope to work with you again at some point in the future.

Brick Small. - You're another very nice user and solid player. Again, I didn't know you very well going in, either, but I was impressed by a couple of your games and while one game didn't go your way when you had a shot, that's ok because you didn't give up on the team and came back as a strong teammate and you handled most of you matches very well. I hope to see you around NU in the future and can't wait to see how you continue to develop and progress as a player and user!

bugzinator - Not bad, not bad at all. The PO #Tournaments kid from 2013 continues to shine. I must admit that I was a bit skeptical of you during the tail end up SPL, up until the Teal match at least, and I wasn't sure how active or caring you'd be about this tour. Activity wasn't even amazing or too big of a factor as to why you did well, either, it was simply taking the teams and playing better than your opponent. Nothing can compensate for outplaying potential and execution, my friend, and you've executed amazingly. I guess I'm tooting my own horn a bit because I did most of the building and scoutwork (bar your game vs FLCL), but none of that was all too special - you had guys' heads spinning with your plays and in close games, you kept it together and pulled them out. I'm impressed with how well you've developed over the years and glad we are still friends. Keep it up and hopefully we can team together again if you play more and are still active. Cheers, lad.

CanadianWifier - Sorry, don't know you Chill dude, but dunno much and wasn't amazingly active in the playing/testing department, unfortunately. Best of luck in the future!

Christo. - For a funky UU player, you got your NU game on point, my friend. I've always sort of liked you as a player and a user and I'm glad I got the opportunity to be on your team. You handled playing and being on the team very responsibly and properly and contributed with plenty of big W's. Keep up the good work and hopefully we can work together at some point in the future.

innovamania - To be honest, going in I thought you were a jack of all trades, master of none. And well, you proved to be quite the competent ADV NU player. And quite the player in general, better than I initially imagined, for sure. You were active and always willing to talk and test about DPP and ADV and I'm very glad you were a part of the team as your presence was quite valuable. Keep up the good work!

Oglemi - Sorry for hogging up the DPP slot for most of the tour :x, but you're a chill dude and although this wasn't exactly the biggest tour for you to shine, glad you were a part of the team, the winning team!

QueenOfLuvdiscs - A bit like TCW, but you helped me test like once or twice iirc. I still don't know you all too well, but thanks for taking part and you seem to be a nice dude!

Sweep - Solid BW play throughout and it was a pleasure playing, building, and associating with you. Nice, down to Earth guy who knows how to play at a high level, especially in BW NU, and uses some cool stuff, too. Good showing and hopefully we can work together again at some point or another!

The Goomy - Where do I start with this one, haha. You're an incredibly creative thinker and builder and that is a characteristic that is incredibly valuable. Never change - your building and take on the game amuses and interests me on many occasions. Overall, you're a solid, competent player and I'm glad you got the start and the W in the finals, even if it wasn't the cleanest match on either side. You helped with testing and you were a consistently active presence in the chat who I wouldn't want to replace no matter what the circumstances were. I hope we can keep talking and work together at some point in the future - hopefully you can play in more tours in the future, too!

@Finch_temp_account_fuck_my_life - you SUCK

-----

rozes - you're my fucking friend, phew. thanks for the tests and everything.

Evan. - Good run dude, best of luck next year and in the future. You keep improving from tournament to tournament and it's great to see!

Zebraiken - GIVE WCOP

Omfuga - THIS MAN IS MY FUCKING FRIEND FROM DAY ONE AINT NOBODY BEATING THIS MAN OUT GOOD GOD SOMEONE STOP HIM

Heysup - i'm going to have to beat you in DPP NU one day ;]

way to make a short story outta a near-winless nupl run finch. and why is it that the time i'm on kiyo's team for this, he brings arbok and has to get carried a bunch, but now he actually does ok. conspirators plotting against me at every turn, what's become of smog bros

thanks for a fun season, i enjoyed the times that i could lay back w/my team. serious s.o's to the bench gang, Shadestep , TTFTW , Winter's Howl , and (as always) choolio , 'cuz they were fucking great; always a positive presence, gathered replays, whole nine yards and then some. jus really felt it was worth mentioning, b.c that kinda thing goes unnoticed all the time and they did way more for the team than a bum like me. fv didn't do shit, but he's a good kid and liked my post nupl thing, so i'll give him a pass. i'm sure he has exams n the like, heh. lastly, i am now a devout believer in ifm and heysup; everything i heard about them came second-hand, it's a whole other game watching them slay game after game for ur team.

e: sorry if you don't like getting tagged, but i'm a selfish guy n want to be heard

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Goomy big thanks for being around to talk through the draft with me, making you a bidder might not have been the best decision but it was fun nonetheless. You're a really cool guy and I'm sorry I couldn't get you more playing time, thanks for coming through when we needed you to :]
Advantage Well this was definitely an interesting season for us, I don't think going straight from SPL into this was necessarily the greatest idea in the world. Our personalities conflict a lot but I think we can both agree we mean well and consider each other really good friends. Sorry for causing a ton of drama throughout the season w/ benching you w/ no notice, fighting about test games, and any of the other stupid shit I did. Keep playing nu and for fucks sake, try to build differently every now and then ;)
Finchinator I don't care what people say you're worth every penny of that 31.5k I'm a dick in private channels, you can pretty much ask anyone whos had the displeasure of being in a skype chat with me. It was really nice to have you as a balancing act so I didn't always have to play the nice guy, I mean this in the best way possible but i feel its coming off weird. You're a great team presence, always focused on the positives even in defeat and always looking forward, I think the reason we were able to keep team moral pretty high was due to your presence in our team chats. You're a solid builder and player and I'm sorry the scoreboard didn't quite show that this season, looking forward to watching you in tours down the line, best of luck!
Oglemi as finch has so graciously pointed out with his logs, you were indeed a 'failed upbid' I know how that feels because it happened to me in Spl this year, but we have to make the most of it. The biggest thing that upset me about this is that you'd have been a top notch starter on literally any other team and its not fair to you to keep you on the bench just because we have so much talent. Thanks for supporting our old gens players and for giving your all when you were called upon. I'd upbid the shit out of you anyday.
Brick Small I've really only seen you play in roomtours before this but I think its fair to say i liked what I saw, you're a really dynamic player with a good grasp of how to handle endgame turns. I look forward to seeing you mature as a player, best of luck in future tours.
Blaziken. you were one of the few people who i actually considering buying off of test games, the way you play so aggressively at precisely the right time really catches even some of the better players off guard. You're not afraid to go outside of the box and I'm glad I took a chance on you this year. Don't sweat the not bringing a fighting resist thing, I do it all the time (FUCK GOOD TEAMBUILDING AMIRITE)
bugzinator sorry, don't know you fuck head
Sweep I've had the pleasure of being on your team for various PL's throughout the years thanks to llamas and raseri, its always a pleasant experience and I really look up to you as a user on this site. You were great for us this season and I hope we can get to know each other a little better because you're honestly one of the most laid-back guys on this site.
innovamania I said going into the draft you were the best adv nuer available, I don't think i was wrong at all. I had budgeted around 10-15k for you and snagging you for much less was a huge steal. You're a great player and you really know your shit, don't let your memes be dreams and don't get too hard on yourself when you don't succeed. It's really too bad you're a ginger or I'd want to hang out with you irl..
Christo. never really had the chance to interact with you much before this, I think we kinda got off on the wrong foot at some point but I'm glad we put that behind us. You're a really cool dude and it was great having you on the team. You can never have enough avid shedinja users imo
QueenOfLuvdiscs yeah idk why i traded for you either, i think you typed a whole 5 lines in our team chat over 7 weeks. regardless you were the lifeblood of this team and I think we would have fallen apart without you.
CanadianWifier thanks for keeping the chat alive with the dankest of memes and the naughiest of nsfw pics, you're one of the coolest guys I've met online to date and I'm looking forward to eventually drinking a beer with you

I think the toughest thing I had to deal with this season as a manager was dealing with the vast majority of talent we had. I think you could randomly pick anyone of our players (bench included) and see them starting on another team, its tough knowing you have to put a good player on the bench and it wasn't always easy to do so. Thanks for putting up with me and making it all the way boys, you earned it.

Last edited:

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
A bit late, but hey congrats to the team. You guys played really well when it mattered and pulled through in the end.

Despite not actually getting to play, I'm glad I could help where it counted most - keeping the chat a toxic and fun place to yell at eachother and build :]

My thoughts on this season @ (1:49)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)