League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

people never seem to ban fizz on urf and choose to ban overated garbage like hecarim instead.

the cunt legit only gives you a 1.6 sec window to damage him before hoppin on his trollpole and doing like 60% of my life on the way down.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
To nobody's surprise, rito finally admits to what the community has realized for months now. Complete with video of a roundtable discussion where they straight-up admit dynamic queue is fucking garbage yet will continue to shove it down our throats anyway.

Oh, and they're going to somehow manage to make everything worse by preventing high ranks from five-man queueing and forcing players to fill regardless of the positions they express preference for.

So there's a new shop huh.

Still no Lollipoppy, rip me :(. Have better skins for 4 of these champs, Karma's best is the base one and I don't play Gragas much anymore. Very meh for me again.

I've been writing about eSports recently because I find it interesting, and am putting my work up on a blog. The end goal is to perhaps have a standing position with an official eSports-covering venue (ESPN/Yahoo/theScore/etc). If anyone has any critiques/comments, I'd love to hear them since I'm still learning. It'll probably end up being a mix of Overwatch/SSBM/LoL stuff, but right now everything is League-related.

I've gotten a couple of things published on Gamurs, but they've been somewhat unresponsive when I need help so I'm not sure I'll continue doing so.

I've been writing about eSports recently because I find it interesting, and am putting my work up on a blog. The end goal is to perhaps have a standing position with an official eSports-covering venue (ESPN/Yahoo/theScore/etc). If anyone has any critiques/comments, I'd love to hear them since I'm still learning. It'll probably end up being a mix of Overwatch/SSBM/LoL stuff, but right now everything is League-related.

I've gotten a couple of things published on Gamurs, but they've been somewhat unresponsive when I need help so I'm not sure I'll continue doing so.
I used to dabble in writing articles for a little bit and I had a little success (had an article re-tweeted by Thorin !!!) and in my limited experience it seemed to me that the most important thing in getting recognized (other than putting out quality writing) is having a strong Twitter presence where you can interact with the other major "personalities" of a given esports scene. While obviously it's important to be a good writer and have a good portfolio of articles you've written, I think it's also important to build up your presence on places like twitter and maybe even gamurs just to get your name out there. Perhaps that's fairly obvious but from what I gathered, it's very beneficial to try and maintain some sort of twitter presence to help your articles gain exposure.

Maybe this advice isn't very helpful or you already knew it so sorry if that's the case, but good luck anyways!

You definitely want to talk to Thorns (I can PM you his twitter name if you don't know it) and Jebus McAzn, Harsha

Thorns managed to get Riot freelance position out of working his way up the social ladder with Fionn and then Monte when OGN was new lol

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=ironborneuron

Ok, i was plat for part of last ranked season, but I sold my old account earlier this year after trying to quit. I leveled a new one to 30 and started doing ranked. If you look at my op.gg, I have insane KDA's but a terrible win rate which has led to me being stuck in the literal cesspit of mongoloid subhumans that is mid silver. Im beginning to think that this account is cursed or some shit and ill level another one to 30 instead.
like, is there some trick im missing with this shit, is a 5 kda over 25 j4 games not enough to even obtain a NEUTRAL fucking win rate
someone explain this shit to me

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lol might have changed a lot since I've played but your kdr doesn't look impressive at all. 14/7? 4/6? 6/5? Everyone has a positive kdr when you start counting assists just to make supports feel more important. In your most recent Jarvan victory you were 12/2. Complain when 44% of those games are losses.

Your high kda comes mostly from a few games with a ridiculous amounts of assists, you seem to be doing very well either way though, but if your kda is so high and winrate is low... it might mean you're not going after objectives enough after fragging or playing too passively. Also, 41 games really is nothing, if you keep playing and learning you'll probably stomp your way to gold soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)