Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that his main attack gets gale wings priority as does his main support move (tailwind) so jolly nature is wasted on him, def go adamant imo then if u just want to spam brave bird go bulky but if u want to support with tailwind/quick guard then u may need to speed creep as quick guard has stupidly low priority for what its supossed to do!
The only reason I was thinking jolly was to outspeed mega pinsir's quick attack. Something on the lines of 88 spe evs 252 atk, and 170 hp. but if thats not really an issue then ill go adamant

A lot of uses actually. Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Edit: nevermind the question, I just saw your signature.
I do have the ability to restore my save file to before picking up Yvetlal, I can soft-restart for more choices. I'm just curious if Yveltal has any use in VGC/Double and what nature(s) I should be targeting for that format. The Impish one was just the first one that had good IVs.

Is there any way to get a good iv legendary pokemon with the appropriate nature?
For event Pokemon, all you can really do is soft reset the game over and over until you get what you want (I got Modest Shiny Xerneas 31/31/31/31/27/31 by doing this). For in-game legendaries, you can use a Pokemon with Ability Synchronize for your desired nature, then catch it over and over again (soft reset) until IVs are ideal. That is all I know. There are guides on Smogon to Soft Resetting.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there any way to get a good iv legendary pokemon with the appropriate nature?
You can either RNG abuse in gen 3-5 or Soft Reset in gen 6.

Past generation Legendaries had completely randomized sets of IVs, but the RNG system that determines the details of wild Pokemon is abusable to the point where you can get legitimate flawless shiny Legendaries quite easily if you've gotten the hang of it, and know what you're doing. [Smogon RNG abuse guide]

Since the RNG mechanics in the generation 6 games of Pokemon aren't as abusable as in the generation 3-5 games, you'd just have to catch/obtain the Legendary normally and hope that the game gives you a good roll. Fortunately in gen 6, nearly all Legendary Pokemon are guaranteed to have 3 Random IVs that are guaranteed to be 31, while the other 3 stats are randomized to be 0-31. For Legendaries you encounter in the wild, you can have a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize in the lead while encountering it, which makes the Legendary Pokemon much more likely (about a 50% chance) of having the same nature as the Pokemon with the Synchronize ability. [Buckert's Soft Resetting Guide]

A long time ago in my Y game, I received a flawless 6IV Sassy Shiny Cresselia from Wonder Trade. This Cresselia is said to have traveled to Kalos from the Sinnoh region. Is this a legitimate RNG abuse?

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A long time ago in my Y game, I received a flawless 6IV Sassy Shiny Cresselia from Wonder Trade. This Cresselia is said to have traveled to Kalos from the Sinnoh region. Is this a legitimate RNG abuse?
I would suggest that this thread is the more appropriate place for this sort of questions. Make sure that you carefully read the rules and use the given template.

Last edited:
You need to use Thief on luvdiscs to get heartscales. You can only get them if the Pokemon who uses Thief holds no item. So take the heartscale off after you got one.

Location of Luvdiscs

It's easier to get them by yourself than trading.
Oh ok thanks. I always thought that guy that ask for moves was the only person who gave out hs.

Other way: you can just buy a bunch of them on Global Link for credits you can receive for doing wondertrades etc. :-)

Moderator edit: Don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been trying for months to win the master ball lottery for 3 months. Over 500 poke with different Id's but no luck. Any suggestions.

Also looking for the GameStop mythicals if anyone has any extras. Trying to make a living dex

Any tips on how to soft reset events? I've been trying to soft reset the shiny xerneas event for the past 5 days and still nothing good. Synchronize doesn't work for events so i'm getting bad natures too. All luck then?

Any tips on how to soft reset events? I've been trying to soft reset the shiny xerneas event for the past 5 days and still nothing good. Synchronize doesn't work for events so i'm getting bad natures too. All luck then?
Do something while SRing so you don't get burned out. IVs and Nature are all luck.

On a related note, I have the following events on my OR and was wondering what order I should SR them in (if I shouldn't SR some of them, also let me know):

-HA Serperior
-HA Emboar
-HA Samurott
-ESpeed HA Dragonite
-Diancie
-Shiny Rayquaza
-Hoopa x2 (Maxsoft and McDonalds)
-Sludge Bomb Zoroark
-Maxsoft Arceus
-Festive Feud Delibird
-20th Mew
-20th Celebi
-20th Jirachi
-Zygarde
-HA Articuno
-HA Zapdos
-HA Moltres
-Shiny Xerneas
-Shiny Yveltal

Do something while SRing so you don't get burned out. IVs and Nature are all luck.

On a related note, I have the following events on my OR and was wondering what order I should SR them in (if I shouldn't SR some of them, also let me know):

-HA Serperior
-HA Emboar
-HA Samurott
-ESpeed HA Dragonite
-Diancie
-Shiny Rayquaza
-Sludge Bomb Zoroark
-Maxsoft Arceus
-Festive Feud Delibird
-20th Mew
-20th Celebi
-20th Jirachi
-Zygarde
-HA Articuno
-HA Zapdos
-HA Moltres
-Shiny Xerneas
-Shiny Yveltal
I'm personally saving my wondercards until 6th gen RNG is possible.

-HA Serperior
-HA Emboar
-HA Samurott
-ESpeed HA Dragonite
-Diancie
-Shiny Rayquaza
-Sludge Bomb Zoroark
-Maxsoft Arceus
-Festive Feud Delibird
-20th Mew
-20th Celebi
-20th Jirachi
-Zygarde
-HA Articuno
-HA Zapdos
-HA Moltres
-Shiny Xerneas
-Shiny Yveltal
I didn't know you can pick the order of which events to soft reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)