Golem [Specially Defensive Set]

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
hi, vpp with his first analysis here :o this is just one set, as that's what I was asked to do :p

QC: Megazard / Anty / TONE114
GP: Haund / P Squared

[SET]
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Toxic / Sucker Punch
item: Leftovers
ability: Sturdy
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

Stealth Rock wears down the opposing Pokemon as they switch in, breaking Focus Sashes and Sturdy alike. Golem gets up Stealth Rock fairly reliably thanks to Sturdy, which allows it to set up the hazard without fear of being OHKOed. Due to Golem's naturally high Attack stat, Earthquake OHKOs many Pokemon that are weak to or take neutral damage from it. Stone Edge works very well with Earthquake, as it hits most of the Pokemon in the tier that are immune to or resist Ground. Toxic is able to wear down many common Pokemon that switch into Golem, such as Gourgeist-XL and Tangela. Sucker Punch can be used as a form of priority and can KO many Pokemon that are at low HP. Protect is another option for the final moveslot, although less useful than Toxic or Sucker Punch in general. Protect helps scout for the opposing Pokemon's set, such as whether an opposing Floatzel is a physical or special attacker, or what move the opposing Pokemon will go for if it holds a Choice item. Protect also allows Golem to get more passive recovery.

Set Details
=======

Maximum EVs in HP along with 224 EVs in Special Defense give Golem incredible mixed bulk. A Careful nature is used to maximize Special Defense. These EVs let Golem survive four uses of Hidden Power Ice from Life Orb Zebstrika after Leftovers most of the time. The 32 Attack EVs are needed in order to OHKO Pawniard with Earthquake. Finally, Sturdy is preferred in order to ensure Golem gets up Stealth Rock, especially versus Water- and Grass-types that would normally be able to OHKO Golem with their super effective STAB moves.

Usage Tips
=======

Even though this set is specially defensive, Golem also has a naturally high Defense and can come in on many Pokemon that simply don't have a way to hit it super effectively, such as Flying-types like Chatot, Vullaby, and Ninjask. Take advantage of opportunities where the opposing Pokemon switches out to set up Stealth Rock. In addition, keeping Golem's Sturdy intact is a valuable asset, as this can let Golem get a Toxic or attack off on an opposing Pokemon late-game, ultimately allowing other Pokemon on your team to KO it with damage over time. Use Golem's great Attack stat to your advantage. There are many Pokemon that Golem can take a hit from and KO in return, especially due to Sturdy. Even if you do not want Golem to be severely weakened, this can sometimes be good if you are able to KO a big threat to your team. It is best to get up Stealth Rock early so that it it hits as many Pokemon as possible on the switch in. In addition, Golem can switch into most Electric-types to prevent them from Volt Switching out, hindering their momentum. They usually run Hidden Power Ice, which Golem can take fine, but be wary of surprise Hidden Power Grass or Hidden Power Water.

Team Options
=======

This Golem set fits well on balance teams as part of defensive cores due to its high mixed defenses. Golem is normally checked or countered by bulky Grass- and Water-types, which can easily take one of its attacks and retaliate with their respective 4x super effective STAB moves. Pokemon that remedy this weakness are great partners for Golem, such as Grass-types like Gourgeist-XL and Tangela and Water-types like Lapras and Politoed. In addition, because Golem is immune to Electric-type attacks, it works well with Pokemon that need fast Electric-types removed, such as Chatot, Dodrio, and Articuno. Grumpig is a great partner due to the fact that it threatens Fighting-types like Machoke and Monferno, both of which can KO Golem with Dynamic Punch or Close Combat, respectively. Grumpig also has access to Thunder Wave, which slows down foes for Golem to KO with Earthquake or Stone Edge. Because Golem is such a great check to Flying- and Rock-types, it pairs well with Pokemon that need them removed in order to sweep, such as Jumpluff and Ninjask. Finally, sweepers and wallbreakers that appreciate Stealth Rock, such as Ninetales and Floatzel, are great partners for Golem.

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dundies said:
Hey man until you get your second check your analyses needs to be in bullet points like this. Once you've got your second check you can then put it in paragraph form.
Sorry about that, I totally missed that! I write like this, and it's still WIP. However, I'll change it. Thank you.

Edit: fixed Dundies
This should be up for QC soon, I just have to look through it/edit it one more time before I officially put it up for QC

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ready for QC!

Be gentle, this is my first analysis :3 Remember, this is only one set in the larger analysis which was not done the first time. Also if there is any formatting thing I missed, comment on that too.

Thanks!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Comments in bold
hi, vpp with his first analysis here :o this is just one set, as that's what I was asked to do :p

[SET]
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======
  • Stealth Rocks are able to wear down the opposing team as they switch in, breaking Focus Sashes and Sturdy alike. Golem gets up Stealth Rock fairly reliably, as it has the ability Sturdy itself, preventing anything from KO'ing Golem before it gets up rocks. just note when writing it's stealth rock not stealth rocks, should save a lot of time for gp
  • Due to Golem's naturally high attack stat, Earthquake is able to kill many Pokemon that are weak or take neutral damage from it.
  • Stone Edge works very well with Earthquake as it is able to hit all the Pokemon in the tier that are immune to or resist Earthquake. vibrava. not all but most
  • Toxic is able to wear down many common Pokemon that switch into Golem, such as Gourgeist-Super or Tangela.
  • Meanwhile, Sucker Punch is used as a form of priority and is able to KO many Pokemon that are at low HP.
  • Roar and Protect are also options for the final move slot, although less useful in general than Toxic or Sucker Punch. Roar is able to prevent many Pokemon from setting up on Golem, such as Bouffalant, and to weaken the opposing team due to Stealth Rock. Meanwhile, Protect helps see what the opposing Pokemon's set is, such as whether an opposing Floatzel is a physical or special attacker, or what move the opposing Pokemon will go for if it holds a Choice item. I'm fine with protect but roar is OO at best so I'd remove from here. there's just 3 better moves already

Set Details
=======
  • Due to Golem's naturally high Defense stat, max EVs in HP along with 228 in Special Defense give Golem incredible mixed bulk. A Careful nature is used to maximize Special Defense. also turn LO zebstrika's hp ice into a likely 4hko after lefties
  • The 32 Attack EVs are needed in order to OHKO Pawniard with Earthquake.
  • Finally, Sturdy is preferred in order to help get up Stealth Rock. versus water/grass types, etc

Usage Tips
=======
  • Even though this Golem set is Specially Defensive, Golem also has a naturally high Defense stat. Because of this, Golem can come in on many Pokemon who simply don't have an attack that is super effective on Golem. such as... (always give examples for things in analyses)
  • Take these opportunities to set up Stealth Rock without having to take a hit from the opposing Pokemon as it switches out.
  • In addition, keeping Golem's Sturdy intact is a valuable asset. This can allow getting a Toxic or attack off on an opposing Pokemon late-game, ultimately allowing for other Pokemon on your team to KO it with damage over time.
  • Finally, use Golem's naturally high Attack stat to your advantage. There are many Pokemon that Golem can take a hit from and KO in return, especially due to Sturdy. Even if you do not want Golem to be severely weakened, this can sometimes be good if you are able to KO a big threat to your team.
mention that you want to get rocks up early and can pivot into most electric types despite HP ice weakness. also beware of the surprise HP grass/water

Team Options
=======
  • This Golem set fits well on balance teams as part of the defensive core due to its high mixed defenses.
  • Golem is normally checked or countered by bulky Grass and Water types, which can easily take one of Golem's attacks and retaliate with their respective 4x Super-Effective STAB moves. Pokemon which remedy this are great partners for Golem, such as Gourgeist-Super and Tangela neither of these really take on special waters, another example would be good
  • In addition, because Golem is immune to Electric-type attacks, it works well with Pokemon who need fast Electric types removed, such as Chatot, Dodrio, or Articuno.
  • Grumpig is a great partner due to the fact that it threatens Fighting-types like Machoke and Monferno, which can KO Golem with a Dynamic Punch or Close Combat. Grumpig also has access to Taunt to prevent opponents from burning or poisoning Golem to wear it down it cant really taunt foes when it's not out, doesnt rly make sense, and to Thunder Wave, which slows down opponents for Golem to KO with Earthquake or Stone Edge.
  • Finally, because Golem is such a great check to Flying types and Rock Types, it pairs well with Pokemon that need those types removed in order to sweep, such as Jumpluff or Ninjask.
mention wallbreakers/sweepers that like stealth rock up (ik that's like everything but that's how analyses work)
looks quite good for a first analysis, 1/3
zDganmZ.gif

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Megazard said:
Comments in bold

[SET]
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======
  • Stealth Rocks are able to wear down the opposing team as they switch in, breaking Focus Sashes and Sturdy alike. Golem gets up Stealth Rock fairly reliably, as it has the ability Sturdy itself, preventing anything from KO'ing Golem before it gets up rocks. just note when writing it's stealth rock not stealth rocks, should save a lot of time for gp
  • Due to Golem's naturally high attack stat, Earthquake is able to kill many Pokemon that are weak or take neutral damage from it.
  • Stone Edge works very well with Earthquake as it is able to hit all the Pokemon in the tier that are immune to or resist Earthquake. vibrava. not all but most
  • Toxic is able to wear down many common Pokemon that switch into Golem, such as Gourgeist-Super or Tangela.
  • Meanwhile, Sucker Punch is used as a form of priority and is able to KO many Pokemon that are at low HP.
  • Roar and Protect are also options for the final move slot, although less useful in general than Toxic or Sucker Punch. Roar is able to prevent many Pokemon from setting up on Golem, such as Bouffalant, and to weaken the opposing team due to Stealth Rock. Meanwhile, Protect helps see what the opposing Pokemon's set is, such as whether an opposing Floatzel is a physical or special attacker, or what move the opposing Pokemon will go for if it holds a Choice item. I'm fine with protect but roar is OO at best so I'd remove from here. there's just 3 better moves already

Set Details
=======
  • Due to Golem's naturally high Defense stat, max EVs in HP along with 228 in Special Defense give Golem incredible mixed bulk. A Careful nature is used to maximize Special Defense. also turn LO zebstrika's hp ice into a likely 4hko after lefties
  • The 32 Attack EVs are needed in order to OHKO Pawniard with Earthquake.
  • Finally, Sturdy is preferred in order to help get up Stealth Rock. versus water/grass types, etc

Usage Tips
=======
  • Even though this Golem set is Specially Defensive, Golem also has a naturally high Defense stat. Because of this, Golem can come in on many Pokemon who simply don't have an attack that is super effective on Golem. such as... (always give examples for things in analyses)
  • Take these opportunities to set up Stealth Rock without having to take a hit from the opposing Pokemon as it switches out.
  • In addition, keeping Golem's Sturdy intact is a valuable asset. This can allow getting a Toxic or attack off on an opposing Pokemon late-game, ultimately allowing for other Pokemon on your team to KO it with damage over time.
  • Finally, use Golem's naturally high Attack stat to your advantage. There are many Pokemon that Golem can take a hit from and KO in return, especially due to Sturdy. Even if you do not want Golem to be severely weakened, this can sometimes be good if you are able to KO a big threat to your team.
mention that you want to get rocks up early and can pivot into most electric types despite HP ice weakness. also beware of the surprise HP grass/water

Team Options
=======
  • This Golem set fits well on balance teams as part of the defensive core due to its high mixed defenses.
  • Golem is normally checked or countered by bulky Grass and Water types, which can easily take one of Golem's attacks and retaliate with their respective 4x Super-Effective STAB moves. Pokemon which remedy this are great partners for Golem, such as Gourgeist-Super and Tangela neither of these really take on special waters, another example would be good
  • In addition, because Golem is immune to Electric-type attacks, it works well with Pokemon who need fast Electric types removed, such as Chatot, Dodrio, or Articuno.
  • Grumpig is a great partner due to the fact that it threatens Fighting-types like Machoke and Monferno, which can KO Golem with a Dynamic Punch or Close Combat. Grumpig also has access to Taunt to prevent opponents from burning or poisoning Golem to wear it down it cant really taunt foes when it's not out, doesnt rly make sense, and to Thunder Wave, which slows down opponents for Golem to KO with Earthquake or Stone Edge.
  • Finally, because Golem is such a great check to Flying types and Rock Types, it pairs well with Pokemon that need those types removed in order to sweep, such as Jumpluff or Ninjask.
mention wallbreakers/sweepers that like stealth rock up (ik that's like everything but that's how analyses work)
looks quite good for a first analysis, 1/3
Thank you! Implementing changes soon Z_Z

EDIT: Implemented Megazard !

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I don't mean to rush people, but I've got finals soon and I'll be pretty inactive then, so if I could get this done before I have to start studying for finals that would be optimal.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Anty, implemented.

If I have time today I will write this.

Edit: Written, I believe, although please make sure that I didn't miss a step in writing it- I feel like I missed something by just removing bullet points and spaces.

Ready for QC 3!

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks TONE! :)

Implemented :^)

Ready for GP, looks like I'll get this done before finals :D

GoodMorningEspeon PMed me on PS! after first QC asking to GP this, so here you go GME <3

Sobi

Banned deucer.
gme can't amcheck this if i amcheck it first u_u
amcheck, implement what you want :heart:
add remove comments
[SET]
Ability: ability: Sturdy
Nature: nature: Careful
EVs: evs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======
Stealth Rock is able to wear down the opposing team as they switch in, breaking Focus Sashes and Sturdy alike. Golem gets up Stealth Rock fairly reliably, as it has the ability Sturdy Sturdy, itself, preventing anything from KO'ing (OH?)KOing Golem it before it gets up rocks. Stealth Rock. Due to Golem's naturally high attack Attack stat, Earthquake is able to kill many Pokemon that are weak to or take neutral damage from it. Stone Edge works very well with Earthquake Earthquake, as it is able to hit all the Pokemon in the tier that are immune to or resist Earthquake. Toxic is able to wear down many common Pokemon that switch into Golem, such as Gourgeist-Super Gourgeist-XL or Tangela. Meanwhile, Sucker Punch is used as a form of priority and is able to KO many Pokemon that are at low HP. Protect Alternatively, Protect (Comment: some sort of transition would be nice) is another option for the final move slot, moveslot, although it is less useful in general than Toxic or Sucker Punch. Protect helps see scout (Comment: subjective) what the opposing Pokemon's set set, is, such as whether an opposing Floatzel is a physical or special attacker, or what move the opposing Pokemon will go for if it holds a Choice item. Also, Protect also allows you to get more passive recovery.

Set Details
=======
Due to Golem's naturally high Defense stat, max Maximum EVs in HP along with 224 EVs in Special Defense give Golem incredible mixed bulk. A Careful nature is used to maximize Special Defense. These EVs let Golem live 4 Hidden Power Ices from Life Orb Zebstrika after Leftovers most of the time. The 32 Attack EVs are needed in order to OHKO Pawniard with Earthquake. Finally, Sturdy is preferred in order to help get up Stealth Rock, especially versus Water and Grass types, Water- and Grass-types which would normally be able to (Comment: OH?) KO Golem with their super-effective super effective STAB moves.

Usage Tips
=======
Even though this Golem set is Specially Defensive, specially defensive, Golem also has a naturally high Defense stat. stat and Because of this, Golem can come in on many Pokemon who which simply don't have an attack a way to hit Golem super effectively. that is super effective on Golem. This includes Flying types Flying-types like Chatot, Vullaby, and Ninjask. Take these opportunities where the opposing Pokemon switches out to set up Stealth Rock Rock. without having to take a hit from the opposing Pokemon as it switches out. In addition, keeping Golem's Sturdy intact is a valuable asset. asset, as This this can allow getting a Toxic or attack off on an opposing Pokemon late-game, ultimately allowing for other Pokemon on your team to KO it with damage over time. Use Golem's naturally high great (Comment: anything but naturally high pls) Attack stat to your advantage. There are many Pokemon that Golem can take a hit from and KO in return, especially due to Sturdy. Even if you do not want Golem to be severely weakened, this can sometimes be good if you are able to KO a big threat to your team. Getting up Stealth Rock early makes them (Comment: who is them?) the most effective effective, as they hit more Pokemon on the switch-in, so the earlier they get up, the better. In addition, Golem can switch in to most Electric types Electric-types to prevent them from Volt Switching out, hindering their momentum. They usually run Hidden Power Ice, which Golem can take fine- fine, but be weary wary of surprise Hidden Power Grass or Hidden Power Water.

Team Options
=======
This Golem set fits well on balance teams as part of the defensive core cores due to its high mixed defenses. Golem is normally checked or countered by bulky Grass Grass- and Water types, Water-types, which can easily take one of Golem's attacks and retaliate with their respective 4x Super-Effective super-effective STAB moves. Pokemon which remedy this are great partners for Golem, such as Grass-types like Gourgeist-Super Gourgeist-XL and Tangela for grass types and Water-types like Lapras or Politoed Politoed. for Water types. In addition, because Golem is immune to Electric-type attacks, it works well with Pokemon who that need fast Electric types Electric-types removed, such as Chatot, Dodrio, or Articuno. Grumpig is a great partner due to the fact that it threatens Fighting-types like Machoke and Monferno, which both of which can KO Golem with a Dynamic Punch or Close Combat. Combat, respectively. Grumpig also has access to Thunder Wave, which slows down opponents for Golem to KO with Earthquake or Stone Edge. Because Golem is such a great check to Flying types Flying- and Rock Types, Rock-types, it pairs well with Pokemon that need them those types removed in order to sweep, such as Jumpluff or Ninjask. Finally, Golem sets up Stealth Rock very reliably. As a result, sweepers Sweepers and wallbreakers who that appreciate Golem's ability to reliably set Stealth Rock, such as Ninetales and Floatzel, are great partners for Golem.
Not bad for your first analysis :toast:

add remove comments
and since this is your first analysis:
easiest and most foolproof way to implement checks: click reply -> remove reds -> address comments -> deformat blues using the Tx button in the upper left corner -> copypaste the finished thing into the OP
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======
(space)
Stealth Rock is able to wears down the opposing Pokemon team as they switch in, breaking Focus Sashes and Sturdy alike. Golem gets up Stealth Rock fairly reliably, (RC) thanks to Sturdy as it has the ability Sturdy, which allows it to set up the hazard without fear of being OHKOed. preventing anything from OHKOing Golem before it gets up Stealth Rock. (the parts in which the sentence is divided were really similar and repetitive, so i changed a bit the second half) Due to Golem's naturally high Attack stat, Earthquake is able to kill many Pokemon that are weak to or take neutral damage from it. Stone Edge works very well with Earthquake, as it is able to hit most of the Pokemon in the tier that are immune to or resist Ground Earthquake. Toxic is able to wear down many common Pokemon that switch into Golem, such as Gourgeist-XL and or Tangela. Meanwhile, Sucker Punch is can be used as a form of priority and is able to KO many Pokemon that are at low HP. Alternatively, Protect is another option for the final move slot, although less useful in general than Toxic or Sucker Punch in general. Protect helps scout for the opposing Pokemon's set, such as whether an opposing Floatzel is a physical or special attacker, (RC) or what move the opposing Pokemon will go for if it holds a Choice item. Protect also allows Golem to get more passive recovery.

Set Details
=======
(space)
Maximum EVs in HP along with 224 EVs in Special Defense give Golem incredible mixed bulk. A Careful nature is used to maximize Special Defense. These EVs let Golem live 4 Hidden Power Ices from Life Orb Zebstrika after Leftovers most of the time. The 32 Attack EVs are needed in order to OHKO Pawniard with Earthquake. Finally, Sturdy is preferred in order to ensure help Golem gets up Stealth Rock, especially versus Water- and Grass-types which that would normally be able to OHKO Golem with their super effective super-effective STAB moves.

Usage Tips
=======
(space)
Even though this Golem set is specially defensive, Golem also has a naturally high Defense and can come in on many Pokemon which that simply don't have a way to hit Golem it super effectively, (AC) such as This includes Flying-types like Chatot, Vullaby, and Ninjask. Take opportunities where the opposing Pokemon switches out to set up Stealth Rock. In addition, keeping Golem's Sturdy intact is a valuable asset, as this can allow getting a Toxic or attack off on an opposing Pokemon late-game, ultimately allowing for other Pokemon on your team to KO it with damage over time. Use Golem's great Attack stat to your advantage. There are many Pokemon that Golem can take a hit from and KO in return, especially due to Sturdy. Even if you do not want Golem to be severely weakened, this can sometimes be good if you are able to KO a big threat to your team. It is best to get up Stealth Rock early so that it as they it hits hit more as many Pokemon as possible on the switch in switch-in, so the earlier they get up, the better. In addition, Golem can switch in to into most Electric-types to prevent them from Volt Switching out, hindering their momentum. They usually run Hidden Power Ice, which Golem can take fine, but be wary of surprise Hidden Power Grass or Hidden Power Water.

Team Options
=======
(space)
This Golem set fits well on balance teams as part of defensive cores due to its high mixed defenses. Golem is normally checked or countered by bulky Grass- and Water-types, which can easily take one of Golem's its attacks and retaliate with their respective 4x super effective super-effective STAB moves. Pokemon which that remedy this weakness are great partners for Golem, such as Grass-types like Gourgeist-XL and Tangela and Water-types like Lapras and or Politoed. In addition, because Golem is immune to Electric-type attacks, it works well with Pokemon that need fast Electric-types removed, such as Chatot, Dodrio, or and Articuno. Grumpig is a great partner due to the fact that it threatens Fighting-types like Machoke and Monferno, both of which can KO Golem with Dynamic Punch or Close Combat, respectively. Grumpig also has access to Thunder Wave, which slows down opponents foes for Golem to KO with Earthquake or Stone Edge. Because Golem is such a great check to Flying- and Rock-Types, it pairs well with Pokemon that need them removed in order to sweep, such as Jumpluff or and Ninjask. Finally, sweepers and wallbreakers who that appreciate Stealth Rock, such as Ninetales and Floatzel, are great partners for Golem.

1/2

comments in green
[SET]
Ability: ability: Sturdy
Nature: nature: Careful
EVs: evs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD (cool stuff)

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======
Stealth Rock is able to wear down the opposing team as they switch in, breaking Focus Sashes and Sturdy alike. Golem gets up Stealth Rock fairly reliably, as it has the ability Sturdy Sturdy, itself, preventing anything from KO'ing (OH?)KOing Golem it before it gets up rocks. Stealth Rock. Due to Golem's naturally high attack Attack stat, Earthquake is able to kill many Pokemon that are weak to or take neutral damage from it. Stone Edge works very well with Earthquake Earthquake, as it is able to hit all the Pokemon in the tier that are immune to or resist Earthquake. Toxic is able to wear down many common Pokemon that switch into Golem, such as Gourgeist-Super Gourgeist-XL (good) or Tangela. Meanwhile, Sucker Punch is used as a form of priority and is able to KO many Pokemon that are at low HP. Protect Alternatively, Protect (Comment: some sort of transition would be nice) is another option for the final move slot, moveslot, although it is less useful in general than Toxic or Sucker Punch. Protect helps see scout (Comment: subjective) (don't forget the "for" (scout for X, Y..)) what the opposing Pokemon's set set, is, such as whether an opposing Floatzel is a physical or special attacker, or what move the opposing Pokemon will go for if it holds a Choice item. Also, Protect also allows you to get more passive recovery.

Set Details
=======
Due to Golem's naturally high Defense stat, max Maximum EVs in HP along with 224 EVs in Special Defense give Golem incredible mixed bulk. A Careful nature is used to maximize Special Defense. These EVs let Golem live 4 Hidden Power Ices from Life Orb Zebstrika after Leftovers most of the time. The 32 Attack EVs are needed in order to OHKO Pawniard with Earthquake. Finally, Sturdy is preferred in order to help get up Stealth Rock, especially versus Water and Grass types, Water- and Grass-types which would normally be able to (Comment: OH?) KO Golem with their super-effective super effective STAB moves.

Usage Tips
=======
Even though this Golem set is Specially Defensive, specially defensive, Golem also has a naturally high Defense stat. stat and Because of this, Golem can come in on many Pokemon who which (it's correct to change who but it's "that" in this case) simply don't have an attack a way to hit Golem super effectively. that is super effective on Golem. (slightly better but the original wasn't wrong either)This includes Flying types Flying-types like Chatot, Vullaby, and Ninjask. Take these opportunities where the opposing Pokemon switches out to set up Stealth Rock Rock. without having to take a hit from the opposing Pokemon as it switches out. In addition, keeping Golem's Sturdy intact is a valuable asset. asset, as This this can allow getting a Toxic or attack off on an opposing Pokemon late-game, ultimately allowing for other Pokemon on your team to KO it with damage over time. Use Golem's naturally high great (Comment: anything but naturally high pls) Attack stat to your advantage. There are many Pokemon that Golem can take a hit from and KO in return, especially due to Sturdy. Even if you do not want Golem to be severely weakened, this can sometimes be good if you are able to KO a big threat to your team. Getting up Stealth Rock early makes them (Comment: who is them?) ( the most effective effective, as they hit more Pokemon on the switch-in, so the earlier they get up, the better. In addition, Golem can switch in to most Electric types Electric-types to prevent them from Volt Switching out, hindering their momentum. They usually run Hidden Power Ice, which Golem can take fine- fine, but be weary wary of surprise Hidden Power Grass or Hidden Power Water.

Team Options
=======
This Golem set fits well on balance teams as part of the defensive core cores due to its high mixed defenses. Golem is normally checked or countered by bulky Grass Grass- and Water types, Water-types, which can easily take one of Golem's attacks and retaliate with their respective 4x Super-Effective super-effective STAB moves. Pokemon which remedy this are great partners for Golem, such as Grass-types like Gourgeist-Super Gourgeist-XL and Tangela for grass types and Water-types like Lapras or Politoed Politoed. for Water types. In addition, because Golem is immune to Electric-type attacks, it works well with Pokemon who that need fast Electric types Electric-types removed, such as Chatot, Dodrio, or Articuno. Grumpig is a great partner due to the fact that it threatens Fighting-types like Machoke and Monferno, which both of which can KO Golem with a Dynamic Punch or Close Combat. Combat, respectively. Grumpig also has access to Thunder Wave, which slows down opponents for Golem to KO with Earthquake or Stone Edge. Because Golem is such a great check to Flying types Flying- and Rock Types, Rock-types, it pairs well with Pokemon that need them those types removed in order to sweep, such as Jumpluff or Ninjask. Finally, Golem sets up Stealth Rock very reliably. As a result, sweepers Sweepers and wallbreakers who that appreciate Golem's ability to reliably set Stealth Rock, such as Ninetales and Floatzel, are great partners for Golem.

good stuff

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hello

GP 2/2

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======
(you say "is able to" four times in this paragraph.)
Stealth Rock wears down the opposing Pokemon as they switch in, breaking Focus Sashes and Sturdy alike. Golem gets up Stealth Rock fairly reliably thanks to Sturdy, (AC) which allows it to set up the hazard without fear of being OHKOed. Due to Golem's naturally high Attack stat, Earthquake is able to kill OHKOes (or KOes?) many Pokemon that are weak to or take neutral damage from it. Stone Edge works very well with Earthquake, as it is able to hits most of the Pokemon in the tier that are immune to or resist Ground. Toxic is able to wear down many common Pokemon that switch into Golem, such as Gourgeist-XL and Tangela. Sucker Punch can be used as a form of priority and is able to can KO many Pokemon that are at low HP. Alternatively, (redundant with "another option") Protect is another option for the final moveslot, although less useful than Toxic or Sucker Punch in general. Protect helps scout for the opposing Pokemon's set, such as whether an opposing Floatzel is a physical or special attacker, (AC) or what move the opposing Pokemon will go for if it holds a Choice item. Protect also allows Golem to get more passive recovery.

Set Details
=======

Maximum EVs in HP along with 224 EVs in Special Defense give Golem incredible mixed bulk. A Careful nature is used to maximize Special Defense. These EVs let Golem live 4 survive four uses of Hidden Power Ice from Life Orb Zebstrika after Leftovers most of the time. The 32 Attack EVs are needed in order to OHKO Pawniard with Earthquake. Finally, Sturdy is preferred in order to ensure Golem gets up Stealth Rock, especially versus Water- and Grass-types that would normally be able to OHKO Golem with their super effective STAB moves.

Usage Tips
=======

Even though this set is specially defensive, Golem also has a naturally high Defense and can come in on many Pokemon that simply don't have a way to hit it super effectively, such as Flying-types like Chatot, Vullaby, and Ninjask. Take advantage of opportunities where the opposing Pokemon switches out to set up Stealth Rock. In addition, keeping Golem's Sturdy intact is a valuable asset, as this can allow let Golem getting a Toxic or attack off on an opposing Pokemon late-game, ultimately allowing other Pokemon on your team to KO it with damage over time. Use Golem's great Attack stat to your advantage. There are many Pokemon that Golem can take a hit from and KO in return, especially due to Sturdy. Even if you do not want Golem to be severely weakened, this can sometimes be good if you are able to KO a big threat to your team. It is best to get up Stealth Rock early so that it it hits as many Pokemon as possible on the switch in. (AP) In addition, Golem can switch into most Electric-types to prevent them from Volt Switching out, hindering their momentum. They usually run Hidden Power Ice, which Golem can take fine, but be wary of surprise Hidden Power Grass or Hidden Power Water.

Team Options
=======

This Golem set fits well on balance teams as part of defensive cores due to its high mixed defenses. Golem is normally checked or countered by bulky Grass- and Water-types, which can easily take one of its attacks and retaliate with their respective 4x super effective STAB moves. Pokemon which that remedy this weakness are great partners for Golem, such as Grass-types like Gourgeist-XL and Tangela and Water-types like Lapras and Politoed. In addition, because Golem is immune to Electric-type attacks, it works well with Pokemon that need fast Electric-types removed, such as Chatot, Dodrio, and Articuno. Grumpig is a great partner due to the fact that it threatens Fighting-types like Machoke and Monferno, both of which can KO Golem with Dynamic Punch or Close Combat, respectively. Grumpig also has access to Thunder Wave, which slows down foes for Golem to KO with Earthquake or Stone Edge. Because Golem is such a great check to Flying- and Rock-types, it pairs well with Pokemon that need them removed in order to sweep, such as Jumpluff and Ninjask. Finally, sweepers and wallbreakers that appreciate Stealth Rock, such as Ninetales and Floatzel, are great partners for Golem.

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
P Squared said:
hi

is there something you need lol I thought it was a reserve at first but then you weren't viewing thread

edit: sorry lol was alerted by sobi :3, I'm new to this GP stuff

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)