Fire Emblem Fates

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Silas is great, but he really likes having +Speed pairups. Vow of Friendship is a really good and often underappreciated skill. That being said WreckDra, if you haven't promoted Silas by Ch 20 you should probably just bench him. Really though, whoever you haven't promoted by Ch 17 should be benched. Your Silas isn't really screwed, you just haven't been leveling him fast enough:

WreckDra said:
Nyx fell very far behind along with Peri, Selena, and Laslow
It looks like you might be spreading EXP too thinly by trying to use everybody. It's generally a better strategy to pick a core team of 12-14 units and stick with them for most of the game. You can fill in extra slots easily by doing paralogues late since children units scale in stats with your progression in the plot.

Side note: Peri is pretty mediocre - Xander is just 4 chapters away and Silas should probably already be trained.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Alright so I've just finished Revelations making it so that I've beaten CQ Hard and the other 2 in Lunatic. Since story was recently brought up in this thread I'd probably go Rev > CQ > BR. The other 2 games seem to pull a lot more bs (I hated the Lilith and Iago gimmicks) and Revelations ended on the best note. I'll prolly use this game for future DLC should I decide to get them.

So going into Conquest Lunatic I'd like to know what you guys think I should go for. I'm thinking +Mag/-Luck FeMU (Jakob seems a lot better than Felicia) since the early game Dragonstone is broken but I did this already and it felt like the Levin Paladin strat kind of fell off (at least in Rev). In other runs I've used Berserker Camilla/Keaton and Xander/Charlotte pair-up which seemed like the way to go.

Which children are actually worth getting and what do you guys think are their optimal parents? I think I only got 5 different ones after all playthroughs (Kana, Shigure, Siegbert, Asugi, Velouria) and none of them really stood out to me though Shigure is cool as a utility unit. Ophelia is mentioned a lot but I haven't liked Odin as a unit.

How have you guys handled MyCastle? I'm unsure what to actually upgrade, I've been focusing mostly on the statues in other runs but I question if it's worth raising caps over something else. I haven't used Forged weapons at all and don't really have an understanding of it or how to get other material (though I assume it's upgrading the fountain or whatever you get ore from) but apparently Forged Lightning is really nice to have in CQ.

Oh can someone link an explanation to terminology or something lol? Reading things with ! in the middle only sort of make sense to me

Alright so I've just finished Revelations making it so that I've beaten CQ Hard and the other 2 in Lunatic. Since story was recently brought up in this thread I'd probably go Rev > CQ > BR. The other 2 games seem to pull a lot more bs (I hated the Lilith and Iago gimmicks) and Revelations ended on the best note. I'll prolly use this game for future DLC should I decide to get them.

So going into Conquest Lunatic I'd like to know what you guys think I should go for. I'm thinking +Mag/-Luck FeMU (Jakob seems a lot better than Felicia) since the early game Dragonstone is broken but I did this already and it felt like the Levin Paladin strat kind of fell off (at least in Rev). In other runs I've used Berserker Camilla/Keaton and Xander/Charlotte pair-up which seemed like the way to go.

Which children are actually worth getting and what do you guys think are their optimal parents? I think I only got 5 different ones after all playthroughs (Kana, Shigure, Siegbert, Asugi, Velouria) and none of them really stood out to me though Shigure is cool as a utility unit. Ophelia is mentioned a lot but I haven't liked Odin as a unit.

How have you guys handled MyCastle? I'm unsure what to actually upgrade, I've been focusing mostly on the statues in other runs but I question if it's worth raising caps over something else. I haven't used Forged weapons at all and don't really have an understanding of it or how to get other material (though I assume it's upgrading the fountain or whatever you get ore from) but apparently Forged Lightning is really nice to have in CQ.

Oh can someone link an explanation to terminology or something lol? Reading things with ! in the middle only sort of make sense to me
Actually if you're playing with the My Castle thing a lot, Felicia might be great due to Bonuses giving an early Flame Shuriken and, honestly, Felicia's like the ONLY good user in all of Fates for the Flame Shuriken. I think you need to get out of D knives, but really during all my current playthroughs Jakob falls off hard after a while while a Felicia obtained in the beginning can remain useful due to great Player Phase and staff utility.

Before I go on, I'll talk about the !. That can generally mean one of two things usually: Class!Character or Mother!ChildUnit For example, Ninja!Corrin refers to a Corrin in the Ninja class, while Elise!Ophelia refers to an Ophelia with Elise as the mother.

Remember for children units, their stats are ONLY dependent on their mother. So, you can relegate fathers to being pair-up units for the mother if they're good.

Ophelia's paralogue is actually one of the best in terms of loot. Most people say to get her just because of the Horse Spirit in one of the houses. Odin's only good once you reclass him to Samurai, get him to C rank and give him a forged Killer Sword. That may sound like a big problem, but...eh...as Dark Mage you'd probably work just making him pair-up fodder for Elise. Elise!Ophelia is like the definition of glass cannon with ridiculous magic growth, high speed, a very easy to use and GOOD personal skill, etc. Critting with Ophelia is literally nothing - give her Mjonir, Missliltain, and Horse Spirit gives her like a 40+% crit rate on average with Mjonir (and that's 4x damage).

In terms of other children, Sophie makes a good replacement for Silas if he's been suffering. I made a Mozu!Sophie during my Revelation playthrough and she was one of my top units all thanks to Aptitude. Really, with the exception of the magical children, Mozu would probably make a decent mother due to being able to pass down Aptitude.

Speaking of my Revelation playthrough, Camilla!Ignatius, even though Ignatius's paralogue is a nightmare, has been one of my better units as a Wyvern Lord. Like, if you want another Wyvern Lord, Camilla!Ignatius is one of the better options. I may also be biased because he was my first unit to get a totally perfect level-up.

Nina has good utility if you marry Niles to Nyx. She works great as a Shining Bow Adventurer. But if you don't need that, then there's no reason to use her.

Merchant!Midori can be great if you need money. With a decent lucky mother, she will constantly proc Profiteer thanks to her personal skill.

Aside from statues, I've been making sure I upgrades the shops and the smithy. The shops add better special items that some characters REALLY want (like Mjonir and the Shining Bow in the examples listed above). The smithy, well, it depends on how many forges you do. If you enjoy traveling to other My Castles, then you really don't need to upgrade anything other than the shops. The statues are less important than you can think. Aside from like Elise's Mag and Luck, Elise!Ophelia's Mag and Luck, and Niles's Strength I really haven't run into MANY stat caps that NEEDED to be broken with statues so you can probably get away with some other things. The most efficient way to get more ores is probably visiting other castles. You can also just get a handful of each type and use the arenas to get more. Finally, you can exchange ores in the smithy at a rate of 5:1.

Forging, requires you to have 2^n copies of a single weapon to obtain a +n weapon. Usually you won't need to forge more than iron/steel weapons or some special weapons for particular characters. I am not sure about how much ore you need and the overall improvement. I just know that whoever is in charge of the forge will decrease the ore cost for a particular weapon type that they specialize in.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Remember for children units, their stats are ONLY dependent on their mother. So, you can relegate fathers to being pair-up units for the mother if they're good.
Wait, is this actually true? I haven't been able to find much information on stat inheritance, but this page seems to imply that the father's stats do affect the kid's.

For kids, Percy's pretty solid due to being a Wyvern Rider, and his paralogue allows you to get a lot of extra cash. Arthur can also be immediately paired with Effie, so you can unlock this paralogue very early.

In terms of My Castle, upgrading shops should be your priority, and Forge/Mess Hall/Prison can be helpful but aren't strictly necessary. I personally wasn't a fan of the randomness of the resource system, so I opted out of using it.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
+Mag/-Luk Female Corrin with Jakob glued to her is the best way to go imo. If Levin Paladin isn't quite doing it for you you can always stick with Nohr Noble (keeps Dragonstone and has great skills) or just feed Corrin all your Spirit Dusts, no one else really needs them.

I've used both pairups (Xander + Charlotte and Zerker Cam + Keaton) before and they do work even on Lunatic (Cam was my bosskiller for endgame) so I would recommend them again, though make sure Cam spends some time as a Wyvern Lord/Malig Knight since those skills (Rally Def, Swordbreaker, Savage Blow, Trample) are all very helpful. You'll also want some Shurikenbreaker dudes for lategame - Niles and Selena make good Bow Knights.

Flame Shuriken Felicia is overrated.

The other best advice I can give you is to preserve both your Rescue staves for Endgame - you'll really need them to beat it in a reasonable manner.

I didn't use many kids, only Percy, Shigure, and Velouria. I didn't bother with any children on Birthright (you don't need them lol) and on Rev I used Velouria and Dwyer. Played all 3 on Lunatic.

Velouria owns imo. She loves having Camilla as a mom since Cam can pass down Trample and gives great stat mods. She's best recruited before Chapter 24 since there are plenty of mounted units for her to feast on for quick EXP and her bulk is great. If you can deal with her being a 1-range footlock then she will kick plenty of butt, she has amazing stats and comes pretty much ready to go with the Offspring Seal.

Percy is solid. Effie is his optimal mom, which is great because she and Arthur have a fast support and work well together anyway. If Effie's 4 mov isn't doing it for you he can pretty seamlessly replace her once recruited, pass down HP+5 and Def+2 and you have a really tanky kid. Solid growths and good class, plus his paralogue lets you get extra money which is nice. Kids are generally better recruited late due to Offspring Seal scaling, but Percy you want to get asap imo.

Shigure is a good utility unit since he has natural access to Falcon Knight and can be a flying Rescue user, also because Rally Speed owns and can put Xander/Leo over a lot of doubling thresholds. I mostly used him for Rallying and as Velouria's pairup bot, but since his dad was Niles he inherited Pass and was crucial to my Endgame strat since lol Flying Pass Rescuebot. Niles probably isn't his optimal dad but Azura is hard to pair up and him having Pass makes him better at his utility role so I'd still recommend it.

I didn't use Forrest but I heard he's solid and his Paralogue nets you 5000 extra gold so he's probably worth getting. Nina and Ophelia have the potential to be good and their paralogues give great loot (3000G and Shining Bow vs Horse Spirit and Calamity Gate). Sophie is pretty good and gets you an extra Energy Drop.

Kana is a worse version of Corrin and Dwyer isn't spectacular. Their paralogues are easy (Dwyer's can be 1-turned) so they are mostly worth saving for EXP if you need any.

I have no experience with the Birthright kids, they are mostly unnecessary since Ryoma + Corrin pretty much solo the game anyway lol

For upgrade prioritization its generally Shop/Armory -> Mess Hall/Prison/Smithy -> Lottery/Arena/Resources. Statues aren't worth it past the free ones. Fire Orb/Hot Spring can be built late to get Izana/Flora at better levels, if you don't want them then don't bother with these. Mess Hall is great since its basically giving most/all of your army free tonics for a chapter. Everything else isn't worth your time.

I feel like an outcast for pairing up different people just depending on how cute I find them together... Beruka and Jakob will be so cute together, I know it!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
For Birthright kids, make sure you get Ryoma's early. His becomes hell if you do it lategame because Shiro's a suicidal motherfucker that requires you to waste Rescues to prevent him from dying on Turn 1. I think you want to do it before Chapter 18 before the level scaling makes it suck.

Wait, is this actually true? I haven't been able to find much information on stat inheritance, but this page seems to imply that the father's stats do affect the kid's.
Well, the actual base stats are affected but growth rates are ONLY affected by the mother. The thing is the actual base stat changes are so small (and they all have a max change) that they won't affect much. The maximum you can get is a +2 to your stats thanks to stats from your parents. It really isn't much to worry about in the long run especially if you have a child with ridonculous stat growths.

I feel like an outcast for pairing up different people just depending on how cute I find them together... Beruka and Jakob will be so cute together, I know it!
Actually, that's still how I pair up some characters when I don't care about efficiency. Azura + Niles would have been like a cute pairing if it didn't end up with Azura popping out two babies. Jakob's and Niles's supports with her tend to show a less mean side to them (Jakob in particular shows off a side I didn't think he really had). In fact, what's great is that my favorite/overpowered pairing that I love talking about Elise and Odin have some of the best support lines with Elise actually playing along with Odin's Odiness.

For Birthright kids, make sure you get Ryoma's early. His becomes hell if you do it lategame because Shiro's a suicidal motherfucker that requires you to waste Rescues to prevent him from dying on Turn 1. I think you want to do it before Chapter 18 before the level scaling makes it suck.
Same with Ignatius but add on that he's protecting a village that you must not let seized. Both times I played through that paralogue, it was a nightmare because Camilla and Benny had to maneuver around the Freeze Priestess and talk with him before the Ninjas eat him alive. The rest of the paralogues are ok. Hell, even Siegbert's who people said was hard is less difficult than those two because he's actual under your control at the start of the level and can at least Offspring Seal the first turn if need-be.

The Rescue strategy isn't a complete waste, considering that you tend to have the money in Birthright to afford buying two Rescue staves and still have plenty of money to do other things.

Karxrida

The second part of Heirs of Fate is out, and it's a lot harder than the first part. More than half of your team is squishy, Kana starts off surrounded, and there are a quite a number of enemies with Wyrmslayers.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The second part of Heirs of Fate is out, and it's a lot harder than the first part. More than half of your team is squishy, Kana starts off surrounded, and there are a quite a number of enemies with Wyrmslayers.
Honestly the only difficult part is shiro being luck based since you can and will get screwed over due to shitty accuracy on everyone and even with gentilhome, some of the chars are still 1RKO'd. The other difficult part is if you're not expecting asugi/caeldori to bumrush you once you kill the other one but that's easily remedied by just having dwyer near the opening that appears when you kill one and then rescueing whoever killed caeldori/asugi. Overall the map is relatively easy outside of the luck based shit that is shiro since the enemies will only attack you once you enter their attack range and they won't come at all if you don't, or if they do come at you normally, it's only two at a time which is easily to pick off,

The early part is easy come on now lol unless you get 15% screwed with kana against one of the myrmidons at the beginning, everyone else in your party can just move to the left section and dywer can physic whoever takes damage that turn so that's nbd. Everyone can take at least one hit from a non shiro so use that to your advantage.

Welp, I finally beat Revelation thus finishing all non-DLC stories for Fates. The hilarious thing with +Mag Corrin with an Ophelia pair-up is how, even facing the final boss where Dragon Skin affects all your non-Yato weapons much greater than it, my Thunder+2 tome still outdamaged the Omega Yato.

And, to make matters even more hilarious, I can't recall if it was a Crit or not but the Close Range Dragon Fang (possible crit) with the tome involves you smacking around the foe with the book. So I just literally smacked the big final boss with a book and killed him.

Hey I have two questions regarding support conversations:
1) Is it possible to get them during challenges? (I'm pretty sure they can but I want to make sure)
2) is there a way to get them outside of combat situations? (I'm counting normal chapters, DLC, paralouges and such.)

Also my favorite character is probably a four way tie between the Avatar (Dragon for the win!), Keaton (Half human half wolfbear thing), Arthur (or blond gaston if you prefer), and Shura (who is a combo of both a pirate and a ninja)

Hey I have two questions regarding support conversations:
1) Is it possible to get them during challenges? (I'm pretty sure they can but I want to make sure)
2) is there a way to get them outside of combat situations? (I'm counting normal chapters, DLC, paralouges and such.)

Also my favorite character is probably a four way tie between the Avatar (Dragon for the win!), Keaton (Half human half wolfbear thing), Arthur (or blond gaston if you prefer), and Shura (who is a combo of both a pirate and a ninja)
1 - Yes.
2 - Yes, but it only works for the avatar. If you invite a character to your MyRoom while they have a heart icon next to them your support level increases by 1 point. Some characters will hang around your MyCastle sometimes and ask for accessories if talk to them, if you give them an accessory they like then their support with your avatar increases by yet another point. However, non-avatar units cannot increase the support level among themselves outside of combat situations ( including the Arena ).

Kinda obvious who my favourite character is :U

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2 - Yes, but it only works for the avatar. If you invite a character to your MyRoom while they have a heart icon next to them your support level increases by 1 point. Some characters will hang around your MyCastle sometimes and ask for accessories if talk to them, if you give them an accessory they like then their support with your avatar increases by yet another point. However, non-avatar units cannot increase the support level among themselves outside of combat situations ( including the Arena )
I am relatively sure that when two random characters talk to each other their support levels will increase if they can, in fact, get supports together.

Speaking of supports

Layell's Canon Pairings:
Selena and Subaki
Nyx and Hayato
Takumi and Oorochi

If you disagree you are wrong.

I'm at chapter 20 on Revelation and taking it easy. My biggest complaint is the late arrival of certain characters means you can only feasibly pump up 2 or 3 non-promotes without grinding. That and the fact it feels like Birthright remix in the early game. This game feels like Radiant Dawn, but some chapters have super low unit allowances. Makes it annoying considering all the great characters you could bring.

I am relatively sure that when two random characters talk to each other their support levels will increase if they can, in fact, get supports together.

Speaking of supports

Layell's Canon Pairings:
Selena and Subaki
Nyx and Hayato
Takumi and Oorochi

If you disagree you are wrong.

I'm at chapter 20 on Revelation and taking it easy. My biggest complaint is the late arrival of certain characters means you can only feasibly pump up 2 or 3 non-promotes without grinding. That and the fact it feels like Birthright remix in the early game. This game feels like Radiant Dawn, but some chapters have super low unit allowances. Makes it annoying considering all the great characters you could bring.
Why the hell would you pair Takumi with Orochi to begin with

The two literally offer nothing beneficial to each other except for speed points for Takumi if Orochi is an Onmyoji, and you essentially kill any chance of Kiragi being a useful unit by tanking his strength and speed growths

The two literally offer nothing beneficial to each other except for speed points for Takumi if Orochi is an Onmyoji, and you essentially kill any chance of Kiragi being a useful unit by tanking his strength and speed growths
And Selena and Subaki is a shit pairing in-game too with neither unit getting what they really want, but it's still a good in-story pairing and produce special lines for Caeldori with Selena. Though to be fair, I prefer pairing Takumi with Oboro. I prefer my Orochi with Azama because it's pairing two trolls together and makes a...reasonable Mitama.

I'd also like to add EliseXOdin because it's such an adorable support and makes the best Ophelia possible.

Also, not to spoil anything, but the finale for Revelation is so pathetic in terms of units you can bring in. I mean for a cast this large you'd think 16-20 units minimum in the climatic conclusion. Nope, you get 12 in endgame. Also, Chapter 24 practically begs you to lowman it with Corrin + Locktouch user. You get rewards if the enemy doesn't "see" you until the end and so it's best to avoid every unit possible if you want more boots.

Karxrida

Probably shipping for shipping's sake instead of gameplay optimization.

I also didn't know that you could get a pair of Boots for successfully doing the stealth stuff in Chapter 24. That sucks for me.

I just blatantly used a guide...only to have Niles nearly die at the end if it wasn't for clutch misses.
I wish I would have, I have spent the last 2 or 3 months avoiding it by doing my lunatic run instead. It angered me that much lol.

You can just use Corrin + base Shura + +mov pairup bots if your Corrin is strong enough to one-round the boss.

That chapter is still awful though.
Yea, it's not even difficult, it's just annoying. I obviously won't go into detail to avoid spoilers, but clearly you're aware of what happens. And when it did, I turned my game off, and instead of finishing my usual normal story run, I immediately started my Lunatic run. Now, I'm at Chapter 22 on my lunatic run, but at least this time I know what to expect. I was so upset with that chapter. It was just a really big middle finger to the face, and it really rustled my jimmies lol.

I wish I would have, I have spent the last 2 or 3 months avoiding it by doing my lunatic run instead. It angered me that much lol.

Yea, it's not even difficult, it's just annoying. I obviously won't go into detail to avoid spoilers, but clearly you're aware of what happens. And when it did, I turned my game off, and instead of finishing my usual normal story run, I immediately started my Lunatic run. Now, I'm at Chapter 22 on my lunatic run, but at least this time I know what to expect. I was so upset with that chapter. It was just a really big middle finger to the face, and it really rustled my jimmies lol.
This is what I used (for anyone else that didn't finish it yet) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i5h6dO0I_0_7nOmM2-2rLplhEsps71W9uIUR7o9cFyo/edit#gid=0

Fireburn

BARN ALL
I also didn't know that you could get a pair of Boots for successfully doing the stealth stuff in Chapter 24. That sucks for me.
You also get 10000 G and a Master Seal, only the Boots are really worth it though. The Boots themselves are barely worth putting up with that nonsense.

Rev's map design on the whole is pretty bad though lol

You also get 10000 G and a Master Seal, only the Boots are really worth it though. The Boots themselves are barely worth putting up with that nonsense.

Rev's map design on the whole is pretty bad though lol
The concepts were all neat but the execution usually ended up poor. Also, many of the maps could be fly-skipped so it wasn't even worth it. Also some maps (Chapter 10 in particular) would have been SO much more tolerable if we actually had a good cast and it wasn't just carefully shoveling ice while Corrin gets ready to kill anything because he's like one of the only competent units you have unless you grind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)