[NEW] Official Smash Bros. Tournament Series for 3DS/Wii U

Whoever is Blue Tulip, I am your match for the Wii U tournament (I beat FirstFireFalcon, the bracket just hasn't been updated in a while). If you would like to do our match tomorrow (5/14/16), I could do it in the afternoon. I am in CST. Also, I cannot find your NNID in this thread...

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Whoever is Blue Tulip, I am your match for the Wii U tournament (I beat FirstFireFalcon, the bracket just hasn't been updated in a while). If you would like to do our match tomorrow (5/14/16), I could do it in the afternoon. I am in CST. Also, I cannot find your NNID in this thread...
Blue Tulip's smogon account is Mudkip12 iirc

In response to the multiple points of inactivity by the hosts brought up in the thread... honestly if Crestfall isn't planning on running the tournament anymore... I would be willing to start running the bracket lmao, at least for the Wii U. Obviously I'd need permission, and I'm not a ranked user in the Smash Bros room, but I am A. Extremely active on the forums B. Willing to make activity calls to advance the bracket C. Able to make weekly bracket updates D. At least somewhat of a credible person (have a badge on the forums, and was global voice back when I was active on the server). I know it'd be kind of shitty but at least we'd get it done? I just hate to see people feel like they have to quit because the hosts aren't doing their job :( Oh and if someone who IS ranked in the Smash Bros room and is very active on the forums would be willing to take this over, do say so, because you'd definitely be more qualified than I.

Oh and I'm sure someone could do this for the 3DS bracket if necessary, but in looking at the bracket on challonge it seems like the host is making updates to it? At the very least he's made more than the Wii U, although he doesn't seem to be posting about it in this thread.

In response to the multiple points of inactivity by the hosts brought up in the thread... honestly if Crestfall isn't planning on running the tournament anymore... I would be willing to start running the bracket lmao, at least for the Wii U. Obviously I'd need permission, and I'm not a ranked user in the Smash Bros room, but I am A. Extremely active on the forums B. Willing to make activity calls to advance the bracket C. Able to make weekly bracket updates D. At least somewhat of a credible person (have a badge on the forums, and was global voice back when I was active on the server). I know it'd be kind of shitty but at least we'd get it done? I just hate to see people feel like they have to quit because the hosts aren't doing their job :( Oh and if someone who IS ranked in the Smash Bros room and is very active on the forums would be willing to take this over, do say so, because you'd definitely be more qualified than I.

Oh and I'm sure someone could do this for the 3DS bracket if necessary, but in looking at the bracket on challonge it seems like the host is making updates to it? At the very least he's made more than the Wii U, although he doesn't seem to be posting about it in this thread.
I'm not as active as I want to be regarding Smash Bros, I'm 100% willing to transfer the 3DS tourney administration over to someone else for the time being.

While the 3DS brackets have been updated regularly, I'm afraid I'm not able to make statements on a regular basis because of either inactive users not doing their matches on time, which leaves users in a bit of a rut, if you have any questions regarding the tournament, I'm usually fairly active Showdown's Smash Bros chat, so try and PM me there if you have any questions regarding the tourney, I won't bite :P

Hey, how come one of my match results on the bracket was recalled? At one point it said I won and now there's not even an opponent there.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
whoever's doing 3ds my opponent hasn't been online since he posted his last win a week ago
I'll totally take the credit for winning if nobody's interested though

Hell even I'd like Eli to run the tournaments. This is getting ridiculous. It takes two seconds to update a win, I have run tournaments here before. People are getting impatient and forfeiting or forgetting about the tournament altogether. I think Eli should run it. Zino gave Nozzle the 3DS tournament and I think he will handle it well. I will wait for the brackets to be updated but I for one would like to get on with my match.

Humph.

Remaining Round 2 matches:
Primal Ethan vs isuckstbattles

Remaining Round 3 matches:
Obodobear vs EliwoodEmblem
Haruno vs (Primal Ethan vs isuckstbattles)

Remaining Losers Round 1 matches:
Blaziken. vs FirstFireFalcon

Remaining Losers Round 2 matches:
Quote vs TheSilverShadow
Nozzle vs (FirstFireFalcon vs Blaziken.)
Tyranitards vs Timbuktu

Okay, as the new 3ds tour host I'm announcing the following.

isuckstbattles and Primal Ethan, you will be given until this sunday to do your battles and if I don't see any activity regarding you both on scheduling the matches you will both be disqualified from the entire 3ds tourney, the contacting you have done inside of this thread is minimal and i can't find any form of activity on your pm walls. Unless you're in contact in PM convo, then I will stand corrected on your activity. I would prefer for you to either post about your activity in the thread or on each others walls so your activity can be monitored. This counts for everyone, only really applicable in case of activity issues on either or both sides of course. If the match isn't done by sunday then the win will be determined by activity.

EliwoodEmblem and Obodobear, I've seen that you two are in contact so it should be done not too long from now, just try to schedule an exact time and date asap :).

Blaziken. vs FirstFireFalcon I know both of you are fairly active on PS but I can't find anything on either of your profile walls, please get to scheduling quickly. I shall be waiting for whoever wins :)

Quote vs TheSilverShadow Get in contact and start scheduling in the near future please.

Tyranitards vs Timbuktu I can't find any contacting between you either, just like the above start scheduling as soon as possible please.

(If any of this is incorrect due to contacting i am not aware of please correct me)

For everyone in Round 3 the deadline will be May 25th. From that point wins will be given out based on activity.
For everyone in Losers Round 1 the deadline will be May 22th. The deadline for Losers Round 2 is May 27th.

You may start your Round 4 and Losers Round 4 matches if applicable.

Megazard, I understand your concern but you're quite far in the tournament compared to most so there's no need to rush things. I also see Ambien3 quite frequently in the Smashbros room on PS. If i see him i will tell him to get into contact with you or you could try yourself to try and find him.

And yeah, this tournament took way longer than it was supposed to. For that reason I will try to semi-rush things so there's some progress atleast. Of course everyone will be given plenty of time to schedule their matches. If for some reason you can't play in the given period then please contact me ahead of time and we can probably work something out.

Good luck everyone in the rest of this tournament!

And as far as Crestfall goes: https://gyazo.com/bc12ccfe625b8ebcf91487904aa7e306

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)