Big First Official Smogon Mafia Game: Metagame Mafia - Game Over - Anything Goes Wins!

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
seriously though, this is fucking retarded.

this whole lynch is about yeti getting me out of the game because she dislikes me and claims im an idler. I heard she campaigned to get me out of the game before it even started. She never approached me about claiming either nor did i see her post since i was out all day saturday. She hasnt posted an reason for it, only DLE has any kinda theory to support it.

she probably has other solid lynch choices and shes not even gonna share them til tomorrow or shes just gonna say she was joking about her easily fake-able role pm.

Anyway choice is yours, lynch your potential only sleeper, no lynch, or lynch someone like acidphoenix who just seems to wanna lynch everyone

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
it's not. I randed 1 person I hadn't heard from yet then randed another, you. I do think you shouldn't be in the game over someone else looking to learn mafia because you have a KNOWN history of idling. you practically proved me right by responding to the rand on you with "lynch me I hate yeti" and a bunch of personal jibes. you didn't claim, you didn't come talk to me about it, until people prompted you to play the game and try to defend yourself.

then of course you claim what would/could be a strong village role because who, if they're getting randed c1, wouldn't do that, right? I could rand the entire game one by one and not get a single conclusive mafia to lynch out of it because everyone has a safeclaim.

there IS no reason for a blind c1 lynch. unless someone scumslips. it is a rand.

I did provide evidence for why I think it's valid: 3 users, imo, rushed to your defense in their own way or prompted you to claim more than I think they should have. this is not about my dislike for you. I am not even sure if my read on the situation was right but there are other factors prompting me to strongly consider it.

in fact I am SO uncertain as to who to lynch today I left it open to the rest of the game to decide what they want. no I do not have other solid lynch choices, not today, not with no info. no I am not trolling or joking. yes I do believe village vs mafia is most effectively led by a village leader. there are some who disagree and some people who are getting needlessly petty and pissy about their disagreement but after hosting numerous vilvmaf games I firmly believe some sort of organized power within the village is necessary to succeed. aimless villages or moled villages are simply too ineffective at finding each other and finding scum/stopping scum. I am eagerly looking to clean people so I can add as many villagers to the sheet as quickly as I can because I know it can suck not knowing anything or being talked to. however I don't think publicizing all info is the way to win either since it reveals a lot to the mafia and makes for easy pickings of village info roles.

I opened the floor to the game. most responses have been in favor of not no lynching. many think macle is a decent enough lynch and I am NOT the only one saying this nor am I the driving force in the thread, I am fine lynching whoever people think is generally going to be the best lynch today because I have no information to suggest to me what the best lynch is, neither does anyone else village unless they can flesh it out bc BLIND C1. The second most popular option by a good margin above NL was to pick a new target which was split between that target being acidphoenix or a random.

by the way I sent this message to anyone I hadn't spoken to about the game yet:
Hello I have not heard from you yet about Metagame Mafia!

I am wondering if you have any interest in claiming
AND/OR
Opinion on the lynch for today as per the 3 options proposed in the thread.

If you are interested in getting a target for tonight besides a rand please let me know at the least if your role is harmless, harmful or informational. I am also interested in items if you have them.

Thank you for your time.
if anyone feels this was too overbearing to reach out to people who hadn't necessarily been active yet please speak up. I am hoping to make this game an enjoyable experience for everyone especially the newbies by getting them involved. I have not tried to bully or force anyone into claiming. I have not been overly aggressive. I am playing the way I think will secure a win, by having a village leader, and trying to help coordinate people. Without making them jump through hoops.

Is anyone denying that randing from people who haven't claimed for the lynch is the right way to play? Or they wouldn't also pick someone who hasn't claimed? Is that anti-fun to do? I think it's sensible and in fact it's what several people told me AG should've done during ALLCAPS instead of picking between claims he DID have to lynch.

Now, do we lynch macle or do we try for another rand and then have to pick between whichever of their roles they claim is most likely bad? You decide.

Unofficial, potentially inaccurate vote count:

Macle, 8
(Internet 167) (Shade, 145) (Former Hope, 142) (Django 124) (Bgb 121) (Slim 116) (F-oh-X 109) (Yeti 107)
No Lynch, 5
(Estronic, 171) (Acid Phoenix, 129) (Twin, 127) (Mithril 126) (Zorbees 125)
Acid Phoenix, 4
(Aura Guardian, 177) (Zexy, 148) (Macle 123) (Tynamo 111)
Twin, 4
(6tennis, 87) (Antemortum 56) (Jalmont 48) (DaLetterEl 49)
Slim Guldo, 1
(King 120)

Only counted posts after post 37 (PMs all out).

ariariadne

formerly Reinfleche
or shes just gonna say she was joking about her easily fake-able role pm.
why would Yeti ever do this?

She has no incentive to ever say "that's not really my claim it was just a prank bro". If she was mafia/non-town, we would all immediately want her lynched for fake-claiming and collecting claims for no reason, and it ends in her dying after getting a few claims and mislynching 1 townie, which is really not the most she could get out of that scenario at all. If she was town she has no reason to fake-claim in this situation. What is the point of this sort of statement other than finger pointing?

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I feel like it is an unnecessary risk to go for macle, even after reading DLE's post (#164). After this cycle we are going to have a lot more to work with. We can afford to hold back on a lynch for one cycle I think. I do find it strange so many people came to post no lynch at posts #125-128 in quick succession. Was this the result of a public IRC/PS conversation? Was anyone there to witness it?

Yeti

dark saturday
I feel like it is an unnecessary risk to go for macle, even after reading DLE's post (#164). After this cycle we are going to have a lot more to work with. We can afford to hold back on a lynch for one cycle I think. I do find it strange so many people came to post no lynch at posts #125-128 in quick succession. Was this the result of a public IRC/PS conversation? Was anyone there to witness it?
I didn't personally see one but I don't THINK there was one. Sam and I were playing League and he goes "there's a no lynch" or something and I go "EXCUSE" and look and it's zorbees/Twin/phoenix plus others on it, all in fairly close proximity. I'm not sure if zorbees had posted on PS or IRC like I did when I proposed my lynch but it did strike me as Very Interesting the three people I already felt were defending/invested in the macle lynch were all gung ho for a no lynch.

Though acidphoenix has been dtf with any lynch in the game that's not him so.

I can toss out another person who hasn't claimed/spoken with me if people would really like to try a different lynch than macle but not a no lynch. Or if anyone else has good leads that haven't been brought to my/the game's attention.

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I honestly see no solid reason persuasive enough to get me to vote for macle or acidphoenix or anyone else this cycle; i think we'll have much more info to work with next cycle

since i'm gonna be at work most of the day tomorrow and might not make it back before deadline, i'm gonna go ahead and vote No Lynch

Yeti

dark saturday
alright well :S

that fourth option of a scumslip happened.......

(we exchange pleasantries/general hints)
praj ♔pran ♔:
ok can we like give hints
praj ♔pran ♔: to what u think i cna
praj ♔pran ♔: it will be fun
praj ♔pran ♔: to find
champyeti: sure
praj ♔pran ♔: the gem of the sea
praj ♔pran ♔: that's all
(guesses here)
champyeti:
are you starmie?
praj ♔pran ♔: find it ur own
praj ♔pran ♔: XD
champyeti: starmie is the gem of the sea
praj ♔pran ♔: its fun givin hints
praj ♔pran ♔: E
champyeti: are you starmie then??
praj ♔pran ♔: maybE
champyeti: is that a yes
praj ♔pran ♔: yes
praj ♔pran ♔: no
praj ♔pran ♔: YES
praj ♔pran ♔: NO
champyeti: so you are ou?
praj ♔pran ♔: yes i am ou
praj ♔pran ♔: E
champyeti: so you're mafia?
praj ♔pran ♔: lol ur so upto the point
praj ♔pran ♔: but i am a villager
praj ♔pran ♔: -
champyeti: then why are you claiming starmie
praj ♔pran ♔: it isn't gem of the sea
champyeti: yes it is
praj ♔pran ♔: i made my own
champyeti: Starmie's center section - the core - glows brightly in seven colors. Because of its luminous nature, this Pokémon has been given the nickname "the gem of the sea."
praj ♔pran ♔: i mean
praj ♔pran ♔: there is another water type
champyeti: are you staryu?
praj ♔pran ♔: no
praj ♔pran ♔: i am like WATer type
champyeti: are you manaphy
praj ♔pran ♔: you got me
praj ♔pran ♔: i am mafia
praj ♔pran ♔: maybe its real
praj ♔pran ♔: or
praj ♔pran ♔: -
champyeti: if you arent mafia youd better fess up
champyeti: before i lynch you!
praj ♔pran ♔: YOU ARE CONFUSED
praj ♔pran ♔: i am just making fun of others
champyeti: whats your real mon then
champyeti: before i tell people you are starmie
praj ♔pran ♔: its mystry
champyeti: i dunno dude you just claimed 2 different OU mons
champyeti: lookin kinda bad for you
praj ♔pran ♔: wait
praj ♔pran ♔: so am i like trying to get killed
praj ♔pran ♔: myself
champyeti: yes
praj ♔pran ♔: FUCK
praj ♔pran ♔: i thot i will play with peeps
praj ♔pran ♔: and enjoy
praj ♔pran ♔: but u guys seems to kill me
champyeti: yes
champyeti: we are looking for dangerous mons
champyeti: and you are claiming one
praj ♔pran ♔: i am just a cute lookin mon
champyeti: phione?
praj ♔pran ♔: ok
praj ♔pran ♔: since u know
praj ♔pran ♔: i am starmie
praj ♔pran ♔: plz
praj ♔pran ♔: don't lynch me
praj ♔pran ♔:PPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLEAAAAAASSSEEEEEE
champyeti: so you are on the ou mafia?
praj ♔pran ♔: y

i feel
really bad
about this
because praj is p clearly really uncertain what to do here but like
he claimed ou mafia starmie :S
i am not the only one he accidentally claimed starmie to either

vote praj.pran

champyeti: ok so
champyeti: you should have gotten a team pm with fake claims and such
champyeti: and told me you were one of those mons
champyeti: not your actual mon
champyeti: you claimed mafia, and mafia is the enemy of the village
champyeti: meaning we need to lynch you
champyeti: you wanted to claim a pokemon not in ou
champyeti: so i would not believe you are bad
this is what i told him after and what i encourage all newbies on the mafia to do.

you do NOT want to tell me, or anyone else, that you are a pokemon in the uber or ou tier. you want to ask your team for help determining what mon in another tier is good for you to claim and tell me/others THAT mon, not the one you REALLY are. this is so i think you are on the village with me. your goal is to pretend to be town and revealing a pokemon that is in ou/ubers means you are not one.

sorry praj :(

Asek

Banned deucer.
VOTE PRAJ.PRAN

I've told others im against lynching on cycle 1 without solid backing, but this seems a bit too cut and dry to not do it lol

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
he did the same thing to me lol
- greetings here or whatever-
[13:07:12] praj ♔pran ♔: the gem of the sea
[13:07:18] praj ♔pran ♔: in luminour nature
[13:07:20] praj ♔pran ♔: XD
[13:07:21] praj ♔pran ♔: FIND
[13:07:24] praj ♔pran ♔: it
[13:07:43] praj ♔pran ♔: this will buzz you whole night
[13:07:46] praj ♔pran ♔: E
[13:07:57] +Memoric: the gem of the sea
[13:08:00] +Memoric: so basically
[13:08:02] +Memoric: starmie?
[13:08:12] praj ♔pran ♔: u have to find it
[13:08:14] praj ♔pran ♔: ur own
[13:08:17] praj ♔pran ♔: XD
[13:08:18] +Memoric: i don't really follow
[13:08:38] praj ♔pran ♔: this is my style
[13:08:38] +Memoric: also what's "luminour nature"
[13:08:46] praj ♔pran ♔: luminous nature
[13:09:32] +Memoric: ok...
[13:09:45] praj ♔pran ♔: omg its so fun
[13:09:48] praj ♔pran ♔: givin hints
[13:11:05] praj ♔pran ♔: and making them think
[13:11:05] praj ♔pran ♔: so much
[13:11:05] praj ♔pran ♔:EEEEEEEEEEEEE
[13:11:11] +Memoric: lol
[13:11:45] +Memoric: hmm
[13:11:46] +Memoric: ok
[13:15:46] praj ♔pran ♔: Starmie's center section - the core - glows brightly in seven colors. Because of its luminous nature, this Pokémon has been given the nickname "the gem of the sea."
[13:15:48] praj ♔pran ♔: XD
[13:15:51] praj ♔pran ♔: you got me
[13:15:58] +Memoric: did u out yourself
[13:16:00] +Memoric: as mafia
[13:16:01] +Memoric: to me
[13:16:07] praj ♔pran ♔: maybE
[13:16:49] praj ♔pran ♔: you are confused
[13:16:51] praj ♔pran ♔: LOL
[13:16:56] praj ♔pran ♔: i made fun of you
[13:17:06] praj ♔pran ♔: i am none of that
[13:17:15] +Memoric: i don't think you have any reason
[13:17:19] +Memoric: to screw with me o_o
[13:17:24] praj ♔pran ♔: i am bored
[13:17:25] praj ♔pran ♔: xD
[13:17:30] +Memoric: and back out once i find out
[13:18:00] praj ♔pran ♔: memoric
[13:18:36] praj ♔pran ♔: i am like
[13:18:42] praj ♔pran ♔: half starmie
[13:18:49] +Memoric: so you're
[13:18:52] +Memoric: staryu then
[13:20:29] praj ♔pran ♔: wait
[13:20:34] praj ♔pran ♔: so am i like trying to get killed
[13:20:42] praj ♔pran ♔: myself
[13:20:59] +Memoric: o_o
[13:21:32] praj ♔pran ♔: FUCK I thot
[13:21:36] praj ♔pran ♔: i will make fun
[13:21:46] praj ♔pran ♔: of othes
[13:21:53] praj ♔pran ♔: but u can lynch me
[13:22:11] +Memoric: lol
[13:22:34] praj ♔pran ♔: i am starmie
[13:22:37] praj ♔pran ♔: don't lynch me
[13:22:40] praj ♔pran ♔:pleasEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[13:22:54] praj ♔pran ♔: i will like all ur post
[13:22:58] praj ♔pran ♔: on smogon

i have no idea what that was but this is pretty funny. vote praj.pran

I'm honesty confused as to how this guy has the same conversation twice. Jesters (roles whose win condition is getting lynched) are not common at all in Smogon Mafia AFAIK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)