Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
scatter arrow is amazing for insta-killing squishy things like tracer and some other offensive heroes while widow struggles in cqb against any competent hero, sonic arrow is good team support and helps your team out a lot, his climbing passive is basically widow's hook with less range but without a cooldown, and dragonstrike is fantastic for just clearing the objective or forcing people off a choke point. dragonstrike could even be used as a distraction because the opps are gonna hear the activation and have to make sure they're not going to be eaten by a huge erd dragon. hanzo can also be more offensive than widow since his scatter arrow and sonic arrow are great for clearing areas and scouting positions. i also think that it'd be easier to push with a full powered arrow rather than tunnel visioning with a sniper rifle.

widow plays much for defensively imo, her ult is good for weeding out flankers and gaining info on where the pushes are coming from, her grappling hook lets her escape from a push or get to a good vantage point, and her venom mines are good for covering flanks if you want to set up somewhere but they are destroyed pretty easily. her smg is pretty dong to be honest, you lose 1v1 vs any competent cqb hero because it's inaccurate and doesnt do much damage at all, whereas a hanzo scatter arrow to the feet of any nearby hero pretty much guarantees the kill or at least a load of damage.

furthermore, reinhardt completely shuts down widowmaker, whereas hanzo can still sneak around with his silent bow n arrow vs an unsilenced sniper rifle, use sonic arrow to pinpoint where the rest of the team is, and even cripple reinhardt by shooting his scatter arrow at a wall behind or next to reinhardt or potentially even kill the heroes he's shielding. overall i think that widowmaker is better from a pure defensive standpoint, but hanzo's more flexible in terms of how he can play both offense and defense, and also play to support his team rather than the widowmaker's lone wolf kinda style

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
don't play (and probably never will, I suck at fps and my computer can't run it) but holy shit that Dragons short was hype. Kudos to the VA's and such... I'd watch an Overwatch movie for sure!

clash of the dragons gave me goosebumps

[if u havent seen it]

Last edited:
Honestly, I could rewatch the overwatch shorts like 30 times I love them that much.

Speaking of which there are rumors running around about overwatch revealing a new character in the next short. I'm really not sure about this, I do know(or at least that is what I've heard) that blizzard is working on two new characters so we'll see.

Blizzard has posted repeatedly that what we saw in open beta is what we will get from the game, but lots of people are still hyped for Sombra and other mystery characters (some people are posting about Athena...Winston's AI friend and essentially the equivalent of Cortana). I don't think we will get a new character immediately, but the Soldier: 76 short will probably reveal something about Sombra, and they could be planning to have her be the first new character after release.

For those curious about Sombra, there is a theory regarding a new support sniper that was accidentally being selected by one of the devs in the background of one of the Overwatch documentaries about the creation of the game. There are scattered documents strewn across maps in Overwatch that link her and Soldier: 76, especially in Dorado, which happens to be where the next cinematic will take place. Given that all the other cinematics had a hero v hero struggle, I think it's fairly plausible that Sombra will be revealed in "Hero," but won't be playable for a little bit, as a sort of teaser for future content.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not t mention a french poster advertising the Coke Theater event says that a new hero will be revealed. I think its more than plausable that a hero will be revealed and the Dorado clues do point to Sombra. I don't have a picture of the poster on hand, but im sure it isn't that hard to find.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, it's highly likely they'll be revealing a new hero. But 'revealing' and 'releasing' are two different things. They can just announce the new hero(es) they're adding but only add them like some time later. Overwatch Twitter has also confirmed that they'll be releasing with the same state of maps and heroes as with the open beta. So it seems most likely they'll either tease or announce the new hero and only have them added post-release.

Inspirited

is a Contributor Alumnus
It's my favorite so far. On the contrary, I personally think this had just as much characterization of 76 as Dragons had with Hanzo. The characterization is subtle but very robust, the action sequence was extremely well done... I may like this a bit too much guys. HALP!

Part of me hopes that some of the side characters in these overwatch shorts become legit playable characters at some point. Like the girl from this one. Or possibly the teenager from the first short becoming the new doom first or something. I'm not sure how well it would work out, but it sounds pretty cool.

I don't think everyone should be thrown into the story willy-nilly. It's nice to know that there are normal people in the world (at this point in time I'd assume there's like...9+ billion humans + omnics?). Highly doubt we will see the girl again; if anything, her part in the story is analogous to the little kid and his brother from the museum.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I got Overwatch on the PS4. If you have a PSN Account, add AckIow (with a capital "i"). :)

Wouldn't it be better if everyone mentioned what they do best, support, tank, etc. I main 76 but will go on and try everyone today (Overwatch began downloading at 2 AM and then I had to go to work, fuck me). Also regions would be nice (Murica, EU, Asia).

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
so apparently i'm garbage after 2 weeks of not playing...

on the bright side i got my icon from beta back so that's nice!

still a d.va/widow main but starting to play a lot more pharah/lucio as well, which makes maps like ilios a lot more enjoyable :]

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
My crap stats.

Maining Mei, because Mei is Bae. Also maining Zenyatta because the highlighting enemy locations automatically is kinda op lol.

Inspirited

is a Contributor Alumnus
I believe there is also an aim snap assist on consoles just to help with the finickiness of joysticks. Its a small aim assist (you can't just not aim and expect to hit someone), but I imagine it makes the game very playable on consoles as much as it is on PC. Its probably the biggest reason why you won't find players across platforms (if you are playing on PC, you will never be matched up with a console player and the two consoles are also split like this).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)