[DONE] JOHTO CLASSIC - Post your results!

The main issue that I learned the hard way in a Kanto Classic battle is that Stored Power can blast through Unaware since the stat boost increase the base power itself which isn't ignored.

It has me strongly considering running Haze or Clear Smog on one of my Mons, but both have their obvious draw backs..
So, let me see if I understand this correctly: Lets say I have a smeargle who uses Quiver Dance to boost his SpAtk, SpDef, and Spe by one stage. He then uses Baton Pass to bring in Espeon, who now has +1 to SpAtk, SpDef and Spe. Lets say the Foe is an Unaware Quag who protects this turn for whatever reason (doesn't really matter for this example). Next turn, Espeon uses Stored Power: Because of the passed boosts, Stored Power has its base power increased from 20 to 80, due to the 3 positive boosts to Espeon's stats (source). Stored power also gains STAB for Espeon. This damage output is what will hit Unaware mons. In the absense of Unaware you would also multiply any boosting modifiers, such as the +1 to SpAtk. Therefore, in summary, Stored Power Espeon can still be considered a threat even against Unaware mon's. Fascinating. This gives the Power Herb, Geomancy build more viability over the Quiver Dance build against Unaware mons. I wonder if Haze or Clear Smog would lower Stored Powers BP. I guess it depends if the game acknowledges that the boosts have been removed, as opposed to simply being ignored, which is what I think Unaware does.

Last edited:
Very
The main issue that I learned the hard way in a Kanto Classic battle is that Stored Power can blast through Unaware since the stat boost increase the base power itself which isn't ignored.

It has me strongly considering running Haze or Clear Smog on one of my Mons, but both have their obvious draw backs..
Agh, double post. But I'm trying to help so don't nag me XD.

Anyways, I think Roar on something could then be good since it has more applications than just stat boosters. Dark types are immune to Stored Power, and there's also stuff that's bulky and resistant that can take it even with boosts...tho perhaps not that many. Taun to stop the set up to begin with keeps SP weak.
So, let me see if I understand you correctly: Lets say I have a smeargle who uses Quiver Dance to boost his SpAtk, SpDef, and Spe by one stage. He then uses Baton Pass to bring in Espeon, who now has +1 to SpAtk, SpDef and Spe. Lets say the Foe is an Unaware Quag who protects this turn for whatever reason (doesn't really matter for this example). Next turn, Espeon uses Stored Power: Because of the passed boosts, Stored Power has its base power increased from 20 to 80, due to the 3 positive boosts to Espeon's stats (source). Stored power also gains STAB for Espeon. This damage output is what will hit Unaware mons. In the absense of Unaware you would also multiply any boosting modifiers, such as the +1 to SpAtk. Therefore, in summary, Stored Power Espeon can still be considered a threat even against Unaware mon's. Fascinating. This gives the Power Herb, Geomancy build more viability over the Quiver Dance build against Unaware mons. I wonder if Haze or Clear Smog would lower Stored Powers BP. I guess it depends if the game acknowledges that the boosts have been removed, as opposed to simply being ignored, which is what I think Unaware does.
In response to all three, anything with sucker punch really takes care of espeon, unless of course it has some crazy defensive boosts, which even then may not matter much. I like the idea of a phaser, using either roar or haze but I'm wondering what mons would best pull this stunt off and if they're otherwise still worth carrying on your team.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EVs? Smeargle is always gonna be max HP and Spe. Rees mayb a couple with SpA for a Stored Power of their own, but that's stupid.
I made high 1300s on an alt with Moody + Stored Power Smeargle, it's definitely not stupid, but very time-consuming.

I was running 244 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid. HP conveniently hits 16n+1 for Leftovers + Sub, and you want max speed so you can outspeed as much as possible with as little boosts (or no boosts at all) so you can keep subbing safely.

~~~

Anyway, bit of shameless self-promotion here, but my Johto Classic team was nominated for RMT of the Week, so if you wanna vote for it then that'd be cool!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-of-the-week-v5-week-21.3573124/

I'm currently trying out Magnet Pull Magneton again over Nidoking to take care of Scizor and Azumarill, but it leaves me at a complete loss to Espeon + Quagsire teams. I've been theorising Specs Ninetales in that slot too who beats all 3 and helps reset the sand timer just like Char-Y and Ttar teams in BSS. What do you guys think?

I made high 1300s on an alt with Moody + Stored Power Smeargle, it's definitely not stupid, but very time-consuming.

I was running 244 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid. HP conveniently hits 16n+1 for Leftovers + Sub, and you want max speed so you can outspeed as much as possible with as little boosts (or no boosts at all) so you can keep subbing safely.

~~~

Anyway, bit of shameless self-promotion here, but my Johto Classic team was nominated for RMT of the Week, so if you wanna vote for it then that'd be cool!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-of-the-week-v5-week-21.3573124/

I'm currently trying out Magnet Pull Magneton again over Nidoking to take care of Scizor and Azumarill, but it leaves me at a complete loss to Espeon + Quagsire teams. I've been theorising Specs Ninetales in that slot too who beats all 3 and helps reset the sand timer just like Char-Y and Ttar teams in BSS. What do you guys think?
Ninetales sounds really interesting the way you mentioned it. I would definitely like to see how that fares. I don't know that magnet pull is worth it over sturdy on magneton to be honest, but that's up to you.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
EVs? Smeargle is always gonna be max HP and Spe. Rees mayb a couple with SpA for a Stored Power of their own, but that's stupid.

Agh, double post. But I'm trying to help so don't nag me XD.

Anyways, I think Roar on something could then be good since it has more applications than just stat boosters. Dark types are immune to Stored Power, and there's also stuff that's bulky and resistant that can take it even with boosts...tho perhaps not that many. Taun to stop the set up to begin with keeps SP weak.

Another way to beat the Smeargle is by having a pokemon that's faster than it use Substitute because it blocks Spore/Dark Void, and Smeargle often can't break it easily.

Is this guide still useful in ORAS? Using this applet: http://pokestudio.altervista.org/defevs.php
I get that for a level 50 Piloswine with 252 Attack EVs, Adamant nature, and equipped with Eviolite (+1 modifier on both defenses). I should give it 132 HP, and 124 SpD EVs to maximize both defenses equally. Would that be better than investing all the remaining EVs in HP?

Is this guide still useful in ORAS? Using this applet: http://pokestudio.altervista.org/defevs.php
I get that for a level 50 Piloswine with 252 Attack EVs, Adamant nature, and equipped with Eviolite (+1 modifier on both defenses). I should give it 132 HP, and 124 SpD EVs to maximize both defenses equally. Would that be better than investing all the remaining EVs in HP?
Ah, I dearly missed that app after I was forced to reinstall my OS and lose bookmarks.
Yes, I would follow that app's advice: it calcs pretty extensively to minimize overall / average damage.
Lots of people, myself included, EV according to benchmarks or certain attacks (like Mega Kangaskhan's 252+ Adamant Double-Edge), but if you have leftover EVs or don't want to tank a very specific hit, yes, use this. It's old, sure, but still relevent; Overall Damage and such hasn't changed since Gen 3.

I wonder if I should give an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD to my Bold Blissey. I haven't seen any Leech Seed user on Showdown, not even Venusaur, and they all seem to have difficulties to enter on a final team.

I wonder if I should give an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD to my Bold Blissey. I haven't seen any Leech Seed user on Showdown, not even Venusaur, and they all seem to have difficulties to enter on a final team.
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Chansey is a more balanced defender physically while still being able to tank hits specially, due to eviolite. If you're planning on investing in Def on your Blissey, you may want to consider using Chansey instead. Here are some quick calcs to consider:

252+ Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 242-288 (74.2 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4hp/252def/252sdef (De Blob) Bold

252+ Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 242-288 (67.7 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (error fixed: had chansey at lvl 100 by accident)
252hp/252def/4sdef Bold

252+ Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 332-392 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252hp/252def/4sdef (De Blob Cleric) Bold

252+ Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 332-392 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4hp/252def/252sdef Bold

EDIT: I don't know why I chose Machamp as the test subject, but what I wanted you to see was Chansey vs Blissey given your suggested EV spread and nature. Basically, I wanted to show that Chansey is a more rounded defender, especially physically, compared to Blissey. Now, if you're dead set on using Blissey (I mean, why wouldn't you, Blissey's awesome) I would invest in SpDef and HP and use her as your Special Sponge.

The main problem with Roar for beating Espeon/Smeargle is that Espeon just bounces Roar back.

Another way to beat the Smeargle is by having a pokemon that's faster than it use Substitute because it blocks Spore/Dark Void, and Smeargle often can't break it easily.
Here is a list of all the moves Magic Bounce reflects, for those who are interested. Roar is listed here, but not Haze.

Last edited:
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Chansey is a more balanced defender physically while still being able to tank hits specially, due to eviolite. If you're planning on investing in Def on your Blissey, you may want to consider using Chansey instead. Here are some quick calcs to consider:

252+ Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 242-288 (74.2 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 242-288 (67.7 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (error fixed: had chansey at lvl 100 by accident)
252hp/252def/4sdef Bold

252+ Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 332-392 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252hp/252def/4sdef (De Blob Cleric) Bold

252+ Atk Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 332-392 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4hp/252def/252sdef Bold

EDIT: I don't know why I chose Machamp as the test subject, but what I wanted you to see was Chansey vs Blissey given your suggested EV spread and nature. Basically, I wanted to show that Chansey is a more rounded defender, especially physically, compared to Blissey. Now, if you're dead set on using Blissey (I mean, why wouldn't you, Blissey's awesome) I would invest in SpDef and HP and use her as your Special Sponge.
I know that well, but since I'm building the team as a Whitney themed one, like I said on #243, Blissey should actually be the one to go, despite Chansey having more balance. I'm not worried at all about things like Machamp since I can threaten it with Clefable, Girafarig or Tauros' Zen Headbutt. It would be stupid to keep Blissey against a physical attacker unless it's my last Pokémon and the match seems obviously lost. And even then, Chansey could actually only resist two hits before being KO'd.

Thanks for the calcs anyway, I think I should go with 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD just to try to resist a non-boosted physical Fighting-type move better. Scizor's STABs could be resisted once with this, or so I think. I just hope Leech Seed doesn't show up, since I haven't seen any.

Almost every Venusaur I run into has leech seed

Half of why I hate Chansey so much: even with strong, STAB, super effective hits straight to its Defense, it doesn't die.
Now think of something hitting neutrally, it'll never break Chansey:

252+ Atk Choice Band Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 127-151 (35.5 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

All 6 of my team members beat Chansey 1v1. #1 on my list of "most hated fucking mons ever".

Oh, and I think people were discussing the Azumarill + Dnite + Scizor core earlier and something to beat it.
Zapdos: Discharge / HP Ice / Heat Wave / Roost just wrecks all 3. Rhydon, Golem, Donphan, Raichu, and Raikou might be nice teammates there.
Gengar also has options for all three.

Of course, my Johto Team is required by law to run Alakazam and possibly other favorites, so I'd love to hear any discussion or ideas around Alakazam, Machamp, and Feraligatr.

Half of why I hate Chansey so much: even with strong, STAB, super effective hits straight to its Defense, it doesn't die.

252+ Atk Choice Band Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 127-151 (35.5 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

All 6 of my team members beat Chansey 1v1. #1 on my list of "most hated fucking mons ever".

Oh, and I think people were discussing the Azumarill + Dnite + Scizor core earlier and something to beat it.
Zapdos: Discharge / HP Ice / Heat Wave / Roost just wrecks all 3. Rhydon, Golem, Donphan, Raichu, and Raikou might be nice teammates there.

Of course, my Johto Team is required by law to run Alakazam and possibly other favorites, so I'd love to hear any discussion or ideas around Alakazam, Machamp, and Feraligatr.
I've been running Zapdos myself but the problem I find with it is getting checked by Scarf Nidoking because even with specs, HP ice fails to ohko it and not even extrasensory is a guarantee, while Nidoking's Ice Beam ohko's Zapdos in return. I suppose you could ev it to survive but then you miss out on speed or satk investment. Clefable handles the Azu/Dnite/Scizor core very well. It may seem like Scizor would give it problems but Clefable actually survives a bullet punch no problem and usually carries Flamethrower to ohko it in return. Not only that, but most Scizor users will predict you to switch out your Clefable and take it as an opportunity to set up a swords dance, only to find a flamethrower coming at them.

On a side note, I have been having a ton of fun with Kangaskhan. Double edge is a huge threat that almost nothing wants to switch into, plus a Scrappy, STAB, Silk Scarf-boosted Fake Out paired with Sucker Punch. It also has access to a vast array of offensive and supportive moves.

I've also had a ton of fun using a Volt-Turn combo of an offensive Zapdos and a defensive Flame Body Moltres with Rocky Helm. It keeps up a ton of pressure without either of the two actually possessing the pressure ability haha. But terrible jokes aside, when it's appropriate to bring both birds to battle, they make a fantastic duo that I highly recommend trying.

Mine look something like this:

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Moltres @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpA
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Actually still tweaking with Moltres's EV spread as I've found most of the satk investment to be pointless, netting 2hko's either way, investment or not. Those EV's would probably be better used in defenses.

I''ve been playing around on this ladder for a few days now maybe you've seen me.
Anyways figured I'd share this epic full stall battle.

Turns out it's the same guy that TheMantyke came out on top with his subseed Venu.
It's really been a tough day for this fella

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/johtoclassic-370423129
Fable's Gengar would be a nice option agianst Azumarill, Dnite or Scizor. Slap a chansey on that team and you've got a great core. To see that core in action against a scizor, see the PS replay above. It's a truly insane match imo.

I'm actually attempting to make this Gengar myself. I'm wondering Fable1456 , what EV's did you give your Gengar? I was thinking 12 HP/246 SpDef/252 Spe. If my calculations are correct, this EV spread (assuming 31/x/31/31/31/31 IV's) would give Gengar 137 HP at level 50, which would give him 4 subs with 1 HP left without Black Sludge recovery. This spread should also reduce Stealth Rocks damage.

I really like Alakazam and Machamp as leads from just mild play-testing.

Alakazam with a focus sash 1v1's pretty much anything in this meta with proper coverage (maybe not special walls but they aren't common leads by any means)
No guard Machamp + Lum can just fire off Dynamic Punch forever with Knock off in tow to deal with ghosties

But these are both really common builds - Feraligatr works great as a physical sweeper (maybe even better than D-Nite since teams aren't hyper focused on stopping it). Ice Punch/Waterfall/Crunch/DDance on a LO Sheer Force Gatr is pretty devastating once it gets to even +1/+1

Alakazam with a focus sash 1v1's pretty much anything in this meta with proper coverage (maybe not special walls but they aren't common leads by any means)
No guard Machamp + Lum can just fire off Dynamic Punch forever with Knock off in tow to deal with ghosties

But these are both really common builds - Feraligatr works great as a physical sweeper (maybe even better than D-Nite since teams aren't hyper focused on stopping it). Ice Punch/Waterfall/Crunch/DDance on a LO Sheer Force Gatr is pretty devastating once it gets to even +1/+1
Sash is good, might run that, or I could be a dick and run Specs Alakazam. Not the traditional kind, the "Trick + Disable" kind.
Lum Champ was the main idea though yes.

Alakazam doesn't seem to be able to stand up to a lot of scarfed special attackers like magneton (who also has sturdy), zapdos, and Raikou

Hi all, cant say asked me if I could compile preliminary stats for Smogon's johtoclassic ladder. Well, here they are (note that they only go up to 5/20)!

For the sake of convenience, here's just the usage stats:
Code:
 Total battles: 70219
 Avg. weight/team: 0.121
 + ---- + ------------------ + --------- + ------ + ------- + ------ + ------- + 
 | Rank | Pokemon            | Usage %   | Raw    | %       | Real   | %       | 
 | 1    | Dragonite          | 58.65105% | 61455  | 43.760% | 27308  | 43.859% | 
 | 2    | Scizor             | 49.32072% | 54646  | 38.911% | 22974  | 36.898% | 
 | 3    | Raikou             | 39.33486% | 34537  | 24.592% | 17692  | 28.415% | 
 | 4    | Azumarill          | 33.18892% | 39331  | 28.006% | 17559  | 28.201% | 
 | 5    | Tyranitar          | 28.32430% | 34910  | 24.858% | 15137  | 24.311% | 
 | 6    | Suicune            | 22.35266% | 20139  | 14.340% | 8251   | 13.252% | 
 | 7    | Gengar             | 21.78350% | 30932  | 22.025% | 13107  | 21.051% | 
 | 8    | Venusaur           | 20.50794% | 24234  | 17.256% | 9739   | 15.642% | 
 | 9    | Zapdos             | 19.49582% | 23010  | 16.384% | 11975  | 19.233% | 
 | 10   | Clefable           | 19.32197% | 23355  | 16.630% | 8979   | 14.421% | 
 | 11   | Heracross          | 15.09574% | 16283  | 11.594% | 6671   | 10.714% | 
 | 12   | Entei              | 15.08703% | 14724  | 10.484% | 6549   | 10.518% | 
 | 13   | Machamp            | 14.88543% | 22661  | 16.136% | 11911  | 19.130% | 
 | 14   | Donphan            | 11.09652% | 14298  | 10.181% | 6828   | 10.966% | 
 | 15   | Porygon2           | 10.41431% | 12791  |  9.108% | 5517   |  8.861% | 
 | 16   | Skarmory           | 10.22564% | 12594  |  8.968% | 5547   |  8.909% | 
 | 17   | Espeon             | 10.13088% | 20121  | 14.327% | 8722   | 14.008% | 
 | 18   | Magneton           |  9.05417% | 10525  |  7.494% | 4623   |  7.425% | 
 | 19   | Nidoking           |  8.84410% | 13102  |  9.329% | 6731   | 10.811% | 
 | 20   | Alakazam           |  8.74623% | 15945  | 11.354% | 7022   | 11.278% | 
 | 21   | Piloswine          |  8.71978% | 8462   |  6.025% | 3998   |  6.421% | 
 | 22   | Quagsire           |  8.22786% | 13433  |  9.565% | 6900   | 11.082% | 
 | 23   | Cloyster           |  7.49048% | 13305  |  9.474% | 6740   | 10.825% | 
 | 24   | Politoed           |  7.38974% | 8484   |  6.041% | 3953   |  6.349% | 
 | 25   | Kingdra            |  7.05742% | 11499  |  8.188% | 4967   |  7.977% | 
 | 26   | Arcanine           |  6.94845% | 15356  | 10.934% | 6600   | 10.600% | 
 | 27   | Chansey            |  6.36406% | 7930   |  5.647% | 2680   |  4.304% | 
 | 28   | Jolteon            |  6.33282% | 11937  |  8.500% | 5781   |  9.285% | 
 | 29   | Feraligatr         |  5.93577% | 15395  | 10.962% | 7264   | 11.667% | 
 | 30   | Lapras             |  5.74762% | 6500   |  4.628% | 3161   |  5.077% | 
 | 31   | Smeargle           |  5.72460% | 7660   |  5.454% | 4819   |  7.740% | 
 | 32   | Crobat             |  5.70733% | 13702  |  9.757% | 5601   |  8.996% | 
 | 33   | Gyarados           |  5.17693% | 7487   |  5.331% | 3312   |  5.319% | 
 | 34   | Wobbuffet          |  5.15937% | 5721   |  4.074% | 2814   |  4.520% | 
 | 35   | Snorlax            |  4.32738% | 8950   |  6.373% | 3651   |  5.864% | 
 | 36   | Nidoqueen          |  4.19605% | 3177   |  2.262% | 1742   |  2.798% | 
 | 37   | Ditto              |  3.55186% | 3523   |  2.509% | 1436   |  2.306% | 
 | 38   | Typhlosion         |  3.27796% | 12493  |  8.896% | 4927   |  7.913% | 
 | 39   | Umbreon            |  3.27707% | 10085  |  7.181% | 3533   |  5.674% | 
 | 40   | Ninetales          |  3.12261% | 7061   |  5.028% | 3426   |  5.502% | 
 | 41   | Dugtrio            |  3.04579% | 3742   |  2.665% | 1738   |  2.791% | 
 | 42   | Steelix            |  2.98396% | 4031   |  2.870% | 2022   |  3.248% | 
 | 43   | Golem              |  2.95974% | 4235   |  3.016% | 2349   |  3.773% | 
 | 44   | Rhydon             |  2.74478% | 2186   |  1.557% | 1012   |  1.625% | 
 | 45   | Slowbro            |  2.62456% | 6174   |  4.396% | 2288   |  3.675% | 
 | 46   | Murkrow            |  2.56418% | 5220   |  3.717% | 2344   |  3.765% | 
 | 47   | Houndoom           |  2.24551% | 5383   |  3.833% | 1951   |  3.133% | 
 | 48   | Granbull           |  2.19666% | 2945   |  2.097% | 1308   |  2.101% | 
 | 49   | Starmie            |  1.91534% | 5427   |  3.864% | 2282   |  3.665% | 
 | 50   | Lanturn            |  1.49228% | 3923   |  2.793% | 2043   |  3.281% | 
 | 51   | Hitmonlee          |  1.42205% | 2698   |  1.921% | 1502   |  2.412% | 
 | 52   | Marowak            |  1.35693% | 1721   |  1.225% | 757    |  1.216% | 
 | 53   | Poliwrath          |  1.35663% | 1451   |  1.033% | 557    |  0.895% | 
 | 54   | Weezing            |  1.28617% | 2885   |  2.054% | 1336   |  2.146% | 
 | 55   | Exeggutor          |  1.16094% | 2313   |  1.647% | 1013   |  1.627% | 
 | 56   | Jumpluff           |  1.12256% | 1785   |  1.271% | 766    |  1.230% | 
 | 57   | Blissey            |  1.09679% | 2929   |  2.086% | 985    |  1.582% | 
 | 58   | Venomoth           |  1.04962% | 1656   |  1.179% | 805    |  1.293% | 
 | 59   | Misdreavus         |  0.97965% | 1771   |  1.261% | 1014   |  1.629% | 
 | 60   | Articuno           |  0.97564% | 1825   |  1.300% | 796    |  1.278% | 
 | 61   | Sneasel            |  0.87577% | 2851   |  2.030% | 1436   |  2.306% | 
 | 62   | Gligar             |  0.83791% | 1937   |  1.379% | 873    |  1.402% | 
 | 63   | Aerodactyl         |  0.82776% | 2935   |  2.090% | 1457   |  2.340% | 
 | 64   | Scyther            |  0.80771% | 1127   |  0.802% | 497    |  0.798% | 
 | 65   | Persian            |  0.79646% | 1260   |  0.897% | 552    |  0.887% | 
 | 66   | Meganium           |  0.71341% | 3826   |  2.724% | 1475   |  2.369% | 
 | 67   | Octillery          |  0.71295% | 1137   |  0.810% | 676    |  1.086% | 
 | 68   | Vaporeon           |  0.69534% | 2407   |  1.714% | 1053   |  1.691% | 
 | 69   | Ursaring           |  0.69118% | 2019   |  1.438% | 1030   |  1.654% | 
 | 70   | Seaking            |  0.68658% | 643    |  0.458% | 311    |  0.499% | 
 | 71   | Charizard          |  0.66391% | 3016   |  2.148% | 1332   |  2.139% | 
 | 72   | Kangaskhan         |  0.63875% | 1228   |  0.874% | 752    |  1.208% | 
 | 73   | Ampharos           |  0.61862% | 4278   |  3.046% | 1738   |  2.791% | 
 | 74   | Forretress         |  0.60724% | 2512   |  1.789% | 1118   |  1.796% | 
 | 75   | Shuckle            |  0.55680% | 2954   |  2.103% | 1311   |  2.106% | 
 | 76   | Slowking           |  0.52200% | 1922   |  1.369% | 814    |  1.307% | 
 | 77   | Qwilfish           |  0.47327% | 661    |  0.471% | 333    |  0.535% | 
 | 78   | Hitmontop          |  0.46821% | 1777   |  1.265% | 759    |  1.219% | 
 | 79   | Tentacruel         |  0.46782% | 1599   |  1.139% | 635    |  1.020% | 
 | 80   | Miltank            |  0.46528% | 2440   |  1.737% | 900    |  1.445% | 
 | 81   | Pikachu            |  0.41592% | 1413   |  1.006% | 559    |  0.898% | 
 | 82   | Moltres            |  0.37357% | 1161   |  0.827% | 386    |  0.620% | 
 | 83   | Sandslash          |  0.36785% | 991    |  0.706% | 376    |  0.604% | 
 | 84   | Raichu             |  0.36504% | 1731   |  1.233% | 812    |  1.304% | 
 | 85   | Blastoise          |  0.32648% | 1495   |  1.065% | 633    |  1.017% | 
 | 86   | Kabutops           |  0.30486% | 1113   |  0.793% | 430    |  0.691% | 
 | 87   | Tangela            |  0.29523% | 804    |  0.572% | 363    |  0.583% | 
 | 88   | Omastar            |  0.29276% | 438    |  0.312% | 207    |  0.332% | 
 | 89   | Rapidash           |  0.26573% | 645    |  0.459% | 267    |  0.429% | 
 | 90   | Parasect           |  0.26337% | 416    |  0.296% | 130    |  0.209% | 
 | 91   | Jynx               |  0.25774% | 633    |  0.451% | 351    |  0.564% | 
 | 92   | Tauros             |  0.24625% | 1415   |  1.008% | 703    |  1.129% | 
 | 93   | Electrode          |  0.24188% | 694    |  0.494% | 367    |  0.589% | 
 | 94   | Primeape           |  0.21691% | 960    |  0.684% | 544    |  0.874% | 
 | 95   | Vileplume          |  0.19795% | 1142   |  0.813% | 433    |  0.695% | 
 | 96   | Dunsparce          |  0.19294% | 519    |  0.370% | 281    |  0.451% | 
 | 97   | Togetic            |  0.18940% | 1289   |  0.918% | 500    |  0.803% | 
 | 98   | Flareon            |  0.18069% | 1264   |  0.900% | 580    |  0.932% | 
 | 99   | Hitmonchan         |  0.17795% | 1091   |  0.777% | 561    |  0.901% | 
 | 100  | Muk                |  0.16098% | 844    |  0.601% | 302    |  0.485% | 
 | 101  | Mr. Mime           |  0.15877% | 747    |  0.532% | 297    |  0.477% | 
 | 102  | Xatu               |  0.14163% | 1132   |  0.806% | 376    |  0.604% | 
 | 103  | Arbok              |  0.13287% | 529    |  0.377% | 277    |  0.445% | 
 | 104  | Victreebel         |  0.13009% | 1215   |  0.865% | 495    |  0.795% | 
 | 105  | Bellossom          |  0.09579% | 439    |  0.313% | 170    |  0.273% | 
 | 106  | Ariados            |  0.09265% | 671    |  0.478% | 284    |  0.456% | 
 | 107  | Bayleef            |  0.09014% | 433    |  0.308% | 129    |  0.207% | 
 | 108  | Pinsir             |  0.08826% | 299    |  0.213% | 118    |  0.190% | 
 | 109  | Graveler           |  0.07736% | 42     |  0.030% | 14     |  0.022% | 
 | 110  | Butterfree         |  0.07476% | 568    |  0.404% | 280    |  0.450% | 
 | 111  | Magmar             |  0.07287% | 463    |  0.330% | 206    |  0.331% | 
 | 112  | Golbat             |  0.06659% | 291    |  0.207% | 120    |  0.193% | 
 | 113  | Sudowoodo          |  0.06452% | 468    |  0.333% | 193    |  0.310% | 
 | 114  | Furret             |  0.06386% | 470    |  0.335% | 224    |  0.360% | 
 | 115  | Noctowl            |  0.05395% | 678    |  0.483% | 213    |  0.342% | 
 | 116  | Electabuzz         |  0.04968% | 721    |  0.513% | 336    |  0.540% | 
 | 117  | Magcargo           |  0.04682% | 272    |  0.194% | 116    |  0.186% | 
 | 118  | Raticate           |  0.04484% | 285    |  0.203% | 133    |  0.214% | 
 | 119  | Mantine            |  0.04051% | 427    |  0.304% | 110    |  0.177% | 
 | 120  | Girafarig          |  0.03895% | 464    |  0.330% | 165    |  0.265% | 
 | 121  | Magnemite          |  0.03550% | 164    |  0.117% | 72     |  0.116% | 
 | 122  | Dodrio             |  0.02756% | 113    |  0.080% | 48     |  0.077% | 
 | 123  | Eevee              |  0.02596% | 397    |  0.283% | 130    |  0.209% | 
 | 124  | Golduck            |  0.02556% | 160    |  0.114% | 56     |  0.090% | 
 | 125  | Pidgeot            |  0.02306% | 679    |  0.483% | 245    |  0.393% | 
 | 126  | Kingler            |  0.02286% | 359    |  0.256% | 152    |  0.244% | 
 | 127  | Onix               |  0.02265% | 293    |  0.209% | 104    |  0.167% | 
 | 128  | Swinub             |  0.01207% | 17     |  0.012% | 10     |  0.016% | 
 | 129  | Sunflora           |  0.01068% | 319    |  0.227% | 126    |  0.202% | 
 | 130  | Machoke            |  0.01051% | 99     |  0.070% | 51     |  0.082% | 
 | 131  | Stantler           |  0.00876% | 166    |  0.118% | 105    |  0.169% | 
 | 132  | Yanma              |  0.00873% | 38     |  0.027% | 23     |  0.037% | 
 | 133  | Clefairy           |  0.00834% | 43     |  0.031% | 22     |  0.035% | 
 | 134  | Delibird           |  0.00707% | 123    |  0.088% | 66     |  0.106% | 
 | 135  | Hypno              |  0.00687% | 145    |  0.103% | 57     |  0.092% | 
 | 136  | Wigglytuff         |  0.00622% | 214    |  0.152% | 73     |  0.117% | 
 | 137  | Dewgong            |  0.00459% | 75     |  0.053% | 26     |  0.042% | 
 | 138  | Seadra             |  0.00430% | 30     |  0.021% | 12     |  0.019% | 
 | 139  | Rattata            |  0.00411% | 58     |  0.041% | 47     |  0.075% | 
 | 140  | Haunter            |  0.00359% | 165    |  0.117% | 85     |  0.137% | 
 | 141  | Dragonair          |  0.00359% | 233    |  0.166% | 68     |  0.109% | 
 | 142  | Ponyta             |  0.00335% | 9      |  0.006% | 3      |  0.005% | 
 | 143  | Ledian             |  0.00314% | 88     |  0.063% | 46     |  0.074% | 
 | 144  | Beedrill           |  0.00305% | 78     |  0.056% | 34     |  0.055% | 
 | 145  | Aipom              |  0.00296% | 129    |  0.092% | 74     |  0.119% | 
 | 146  | Corsola            |  0.00292% | 167    |  0.119% | 82     |  0.132% | 
 | 147  | Gastly             |  0.00260% | 22     |  0.016% | 11     |  0.018% | 
 | 148  | Fearow             |  0.00249% | 119    |  0.085% | 36     |  0.058% | 
 | 149  | Lickitung          |  0.00229% | 45     |  0.032% | 12     |  0.019% | 
 | 150  | Flaaffy            |  0.00202% | 23     |  0.016% | 6      |  0.010% | 
 | 151  | Squirtle           |  0.00196% | 126    |  0.090% | 53     |  0.085% | 
 | 152  | Spearow            |  0.00155% | 27     |  0.019% | 8      |  0.013% | 
 | 153  | Skiploom           |  0.00127% | 7      |  0.005% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 154  | Pupitar            |  0.00122% | 55     |  0.039% | 21     |  0.034% | 
 | 155  | Pineco             |  0.00116% | 15     |  0.011% | 10     |  0.016% | 
 | 156  | Slowpoke           |  0.00076% | 6      |  0.004% | 3      |  0.005% | 
 | 157  | Unown              |  0.00068% | 7      |  0.005% | 6      |  0.010% | 
 | 158  | Mankey             |  0.00061% | 11     |  0.008% | 6      |  0.010% | 
 | 159  | Magikarp           |  0.00057% | 47     |  0.033% | 23     |  0.037% | 
 | 160  | Bulbasaur          |  0.00049% | 86     |  0.061% | 32     |  0.051% | 
 | 161  | Chinchou           |  0.00046% | 3      |  0.002% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 162  | Jigglypuff         |  0.00045% | 28     |  0.020% | 13     |  0.021% | 
 | 163  | Igglybuff          |  0.00045% | 10     |  0.007% | 4      |  0.006% | 
 | 164  | Mareep             |  0.00043% | 8      |  0.006% | 5      |  0.008% | 
 | 165  | Psyduck            |  0.00033% | 23     |  0.016% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 166  | Quilava            |  0.00031% | 82     |  0.058% | 42     |  0.067% | 
 | 167  | Slugma             |  0.00028% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 168  | Nidorina           |  0.00022% | 20     |  0.014% | 8      |  0.013% | 
 | 169  | Natu               |  0.00013% | 10     |  0.007% | 4      |  0.006% | 
 | 170  | Charmeleon         |  0.00006% | 40     |  0.028% | 21     |  0.034% | 
 | 171  | Ivysaur            |  0.00006% | 168    |  0.120% | 43     |  0.069% | 
 | 172  | Totodile           |  0.00006% | 69     |  0.049% | 24     |  0.039% | 
 | 173  | Venonat            |  0.00004% | 13     |  0.009% | 8      |  0.013% | 
 | 174  | Magby              |  0.00004% | 58     |  0.041% | 29     |  0.047% | 
 | 175  | Grimer             |  0.00003% | 4      |  0.003% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 176  | Wartortle          |  0.00003% | 23     |  0.016% | 10     |  0.016% | 
 | 177  | Pidgeotto          |  0.00003% | 51     |  0.036% | 24     |  0.039% | 
 | 178  | Farfetch'd         |  0.00003% | 11     |  0.008% | 4      |  0.006% | 
 | 179  | Zubat              |  0.00003% | 5      |  0.004% | 3      |  0.005% | 
 | 180  | Togepi             |  0.00002% | 10     |  0.007% | 4      |  0.006% | 
 | 181  | Kadabra            |  0.00001% | 24     |  0.017% | 9      |  0.014% | 
 | 182  | Cyndaquil          |  0.00001% | 74     |  0.053% | 41     |  0.066% | 
 | 183  | Vulpix             |  0.00000% | 20     |  0.014% | 12     |  0.019% | 
 | 184  | Geodude            |  0.00000% | 17     |  0.012% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 185  | Weedle             |  0.00000% | 11     |  0.008% | 2      |  0.003% | 
 | 186  | Ekans              |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 187  | Wooper             |  0.00000% | 15     |  0.011% | 3      |  0.005% | 
 | 188  | Bellsprout         |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 3      |  0.005% | 
 | 189  | Meowth             |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 4      |  0.006% | 
 | 190  | Pichu              |  0.00000% | 26     |  0.019% | 15     |  0.024% | 
 | 191  | Larvitar           |  0.00000% | 14     |  0.010% | 6      |  0.010% | 
 | 192  | Elekid             |  0.00000% | 6      |  0.004% | 4      |  0.006% | 
 | 193  | Smoochum           |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 2      |  0.003% | 
 | 194  | Marill             |  0.00000% | 27     |  0.019% | 9      |  0.014% | 
 | 195  | Caterpie           |  0.00000% | 16     |  0.011% | 6      |  0.010% | 
 | 196  | Hoothoot           |  0.00000% | 8      |  0.006% | 3      |  0.005% | 
 | 197  | Chikorita          |  0.00000% | 27     |  0.019% | 9      |  0.014% | 
 | 198  | Machop             |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 7      |  0.011% | 
 | 199  | Charmander         |  0.00000% | 27     |  0.019% | 13     |  0.021% | 
 | 200  | Pidgey             |  0.00000% | 11     |  0.008% | 4      |  0.006% | 
 | 201  | Oddish             |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 202  | Growlithe          |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 203  | Krabby             |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 2      |  0.003% | 
 | 204  | Omanyte            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 205  | Tentacool          |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 206  | Koffing            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 207  | Houndour           |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 208  | Abra               |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 209  | Croconaw           |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 4      |  0.006% | 
 | 210  | Remoraid           |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 211  | Metapod            |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 212  | Teddiursa          |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 213  | Exeggcute          |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 3      |  0.005% | 
 | 214  | Weepinbell         |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 215  | Porygon            |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 216  | Gloom              |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 217  | Poliwhirl          |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 218  | Sentret            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 219  | Rhyhorn            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% | 
 | 220  | Staryu             |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% | 
 | 221  | Phanpy             |  0.00000% | 11     |  0.008% | 4      |  0.006% | 

No surprises whatsoever among the top 10, but why is Heracross so high up, and moreover: above Machamp? Could anyone tell me what exactly does it do to justify its usage? I'm guessing Scarf? Breaking subs ( Specially Zam's and Espeon's ) and Focus Sash with Pin Missile? Is that it? If not then I'm at loss here.

The other day I faced a Leftovers Raikou with Thunderbolt/Volt Switch, Substitute, Protect and maybe the fourth move was Toxic unless it was used by one of its teammates. Very annoying! If you are not faster than that thing, it's over, and it actually has great Speed to get better on that. Azumarill can't beat that thing under a Substitute.

No surprises whatsoever among the top 10, but why is Heracross so high up, and moreover: above Machamp? Could anyone tell me what exactly does it do to justify its usage? I'm guessing Scarf? Breaking subs ( Specially Zam's and Espeon's ) and Focus Sash with Pin Missile? Is that it? If not then I'm at loss here.
I run Heracross and he does serious work!

Heracross Focus sash
252 attack / 252 speed / 4 HP
Adamant nature

- earthquake
- stone edge
- close combat
- knock off

Easily defeats many major threats, with the biggest flaws I've found being an inability to hit fairies very hard and bring out sped by volt switch users he would otherwise one shot like jolteon, raiku and zapdos. He can beat any dragonite build I've come across with 2 stone edges (yeah it's as stressful as it sounds lol). Easily defeats Machamp s lot. Ks

There are tons of replays of my team on PS if you want to see how it performs, I run it in most of my battles lol.

Hmm, that is... not what I was expecting, to say the least. I just cannot see why you wouldn't run Machamp instead; they're basically the same except Heracross is hella lot more stressful to use thanks to Stone Edge's somewhat unreliable accuracy and because 100% accurate Dynamic Punch > Close Combat imo. The only thing I see it really having over Champ is the ability to beat Espeon and Alakazam thanks to Pin Missile ( 99% of the time just 2 hits are enough) both of which are pretty common sash leads and that just demolish Machamp 1 on 1 thanks to the aforementioned Focus Sash that they're usually holding.

To be honest, though, this is not even that big of a deal. I'm just genuinely curious to know what are people doing with it because I've rarely even seen it in the ladder ( although I haven't played much, if at all, in the last couple of days—maybe it got more popular later on). So yup, I'd love to see those replays if you don't mind sharing.

Hi all, cant say asked me if I could compile preliminary stats for Smogon's johtoclassic ladder. Well, here they are (note that they only go up to 5/20)!

For the sake of convenience, here's just the usage stats:
Code:
Total battles: 70219
Avg. weight/team: 0.121
| Rank | Pokemon            | Usage %   | Raw    | %       | Real   | %       |
| 1    | Dragonite          | 58.65105% | 61455  | 43.760% | 27308  | 43.859% |
| 2    | Scizor             | 49.32072% | 54646  | 38.911% | 22974  | 36.898% |
| 3    | Raikou             | 39.33486% | 34537  | 24.592% | 17692  | 28.415% |
| 4    | Azumarill          | 33.18892% | 39331  | 28.006% | 17559  | 28.201% |
| 5    | Tyranitar          | 28.32430% | 34910  | 24.858% | 15137  | 24.311% |
| 6    | Suicune            | 22.35266% | 20139  | 14.340% | 8251   | 13.252% |
| 7    | Gengar             | 21.78350% | 30932  | 22.025% | 13107  | 21.051% |
| 8    | Venusaur           | 20.50794% | 24234  | 17.256% | 9739   | 15.642% |
| 9    | Zapdos             | 19.49582% | 23010  | 16.384% | 11975  | 19.233% |
| 10   | Clefable           | 19.32197% | 23355  | 16.630% | 8979   | 14.421% |
| 11   | Heracross          | 15.09574% | 16283  | 11.594% | 6671   | 10.714% |
| 12   | Entei              | 15.08703% | 14724  | 10.484% | 6549   | 10.518% |
| 13   | Machamp            | 14.88543% | 22661  | 16.136% | 11911  | 19.130% |
| 14   | Donphan            | 11.09652% | 14298  | 10.181% | 6828   | 10.966% |
| 15   | Porygon2           | 10.41431% | 12791  |  9.108% | 5517   |  8.861% |
| 16   | Skarmory           | 10.22564% | 12594  |  8.968% | 5547   |  8.909% |
| 17   | Espeon             | 10.13088% | 20121  | 14.327% | 8722   | 14.008% |
| 18   | Magneton           |  9.05417% | 10525  |  7.494% | 4623   |  7.425% |
| 19   | Nidoking           |  8.84410% | 13102  |  9.329% | 6731   | 10.811% |
| 20   | Alakazam           |  8.74623% | 15945  | 11.354% | 7022   | 11.278% |
| 21   | Piloswine          |  8.71978% | 8462   |  6.025% | 3998   |  6.421% |
| 22   | Quagsire           |  8.22786% | 13433  |  9.565% | 6900   | 11.082% |
| 23   | Cloyster           |  7.49048% | 13305  |  9.474% | 6740   | 10.825% |
| 24   | Politoed           |  7.38974% | 8484   |  6.041% | 3953   |  6.349% |
| 25   | Kingdra            |  7.05742% | 11499  |  8.188% | 4967   |  7.977% |
| 26   | Arcanine           |  6.94845% | 15356  | 10.934% | 6600   | 10.600% |
| 27   | Chansey            |  6.36406% | 7930   |  5.647% | 2680   |  4.304% |
| 28   | Jolteon            |  6.33282% | 11937  |  8.500% | 5781   |  9.285% |
| 29   | Feraligatr         |  5.93577% | 15395  | 10.962% | 7264   | 11.667% |
| 30   | Lapras             |  5.74762% | 6500   |  4.628% | 3161   |  5.077% |
| 31   | Smeargle           |  5.72460% | 7660   |  5.454% | 4819   |  7.740% |
| 32   | Crobat             |  5.70733% | 13702  |  9.757% | 5601   |  8.996% |
| 33   | Gyarados           |  5.17693% | 7487   |  5.331% | 3312   |  5.319% |
| 34   | Wobbuffet          |  5.15937% | 5721   |  4.074% | 2814   |  4.520% |
| 35   | Snorlax            |  4.32738% | 8950   |  6.373% | 3651   |  5.864% |
| 36   | Nidoqueen          |  4.19605% | 3177   |  2.262% | 1742   |  2.798% |
| 37   | Ditto              |  3.55186% | 3523   |  2.509% | 1436   |  2.306% |
| 38   | Typhlosion         |  3.27796% | 12493  |  8.896% | 4927   |  7.913% |
| 39   | Umbreon            |  3.27707% | 10085  |  7.181% | 3533   |  5.674% |
| 40   | Ninetales          |  3.12261% | 7061   |  5.028% | 3426   |  5.502% |
| 41   | Dugtrio            |  3.04579% | 3742   |  2.665% | 1738   |  2.791% |
| 42   | Steelix            |  2.98396% | 4031   |  2.870% | 2022   |  3.248% |
| 43   | Golem              |  2.95974% | 4235   |  3.016% | 2349   |  3.773% |
| 44   | Rhydon             |  2.74478% | 2186   |  1.557% | 1012   |  1.625% |
| 45   | Slowbro            |  2.62456% | 6174   |  4.396% | 2288   |  3.675% |
| 46   | Murkrow            |  2.56418% | 5220   |  3.717% | 2344   |  3.765% |
| 47   | Houndoom           |  2.24551% | 5383   |  3.833% | 1951   |  3.133% |
| 48   | Granbull           |  2.19666% | 2945   |  2.097% | 1308   |  2.101% |
| 49   | Starmie            |  1.91534% | 5427   |  3.864% | 2282   |  3.665% |
| 50   | Lanturn            |  1.49228% | 3923   |  2.793% | 2043   |  3.281% |
| 51   | Hitmonlee          |  1.42205% | 2698   |  1.921% | 1502   |  2.412% |
| 52   | Marowak            |  1.35693% | 1721   |  1.225% | 757    |  1.216% |
| 53   | Poliwrath          |  1.35663% | 1451   |  1.033% | 557    |  0.895% |
| 54   | Weezing            |  1.28617% | 2885   |  2.054% | 1336   |  2.146% |
| 55   | Exeggutor          |  1.16094% | 2313   |  1.647% | 1013   |  1.627% |
| 56   | Jumpluff           |  1.12256% | 1785   |  1.271% | 766    |  1.230% |
| 57   | Blissey            |  1.09679% | 2929   |  2.086% | 985    |  1.582% |
| 58   | Venomoth           |  1.04962% | 1656   |  1.179% | 805    |  1.293% |
| 59   | Misdreavus         |  0.97965% | 1771   |  1.261% | 1014   |  1.629% |
| 60   | Articuno           |  0.97564% | 1825   |  1.300% | 796    |  1.278% |
| 61   | Sneasel            |  0.87577% | 2851   |  2.030% | 1436   |  2.306% |
| 62   | Gligar             |  0.83791% | 1937   |  1.379% | 873    |  1.402% |
| 63   | Aerodactyl         |  0.82776% | 2935   |  2.090% | 1457   |  2.340% |
| 64   | Scyther            |  0.80771% | 1127   |  0.802% | 497    |  0.798% |
| 65   | Persian            |  0.79646% | 1260   |  0.897% | 552    |  0.887% |
| 66   | Meganium           |  0.71341% | 3826   |  2.724% | 1475   |  2.369% |
| 67   | Octillery          |  0.71295% | 1137   |  0.810% | 676    |  1.086% |
| 68   | Vaporeon           |  0.69534% | 2407   |  1.714% | 1053   |  1.691% |
| 69   | Ursaring           |  0.69118% | 2019   |  1.438% | 1030   |  1.654% |
| 70   | Seaking            |  0.68658% | 643    |  0.458% | 311    |  0.499% |
| 71   | Charizard          |  0.66391% | 3016   |  2.148% | 1332   |  2.139% |
| 72   | Kangaskhan         |  0.63875% | 1228   |  0.874% | 752    |  1.208% |
| 73   | Ampharos           |  0.61862% | 4278   |  3.046% | 1738   |  2.791% |
| 74   | Forretress         |  0.60724% | 2512   |  1.789% | 1118   |  1.796% |
| 75   | Shuckle            |  0.55680% | 2954   |  2.103% | 1311   |  2.106% |
| 76   | Slowking           |  0.52200% | 1922   |  1.369% | 814    |  1.307% |
| 77   | Qwilfish           |  0.47327% | 661    |  0.471% | 333    |  0.535% |
| 78   | Hitmontop          |  0.46821% | 1777   |  1.265% | 759    |  1.219% |
| 79   | Tentacruel         |  0.46782% | 1599   |  1.139% | 635    |  1.020% |
| 80   | Miltank            |  0.46528% | 2440   |  1.737% | 900    |  1.445% |
| 81   | Pikachu            |  0.41592% | 1413   |  1.006% | 559    |  0.898% |
| 82   | Moltres            |  0.37357% | 1161   |  0.827% | 386    |  0.620% |
| 83   | Sandslash          |  0.36785% | 991    |  0.706% | 376    |  0.604% |
| 84   | Raichu             |  0.36504% | 1731   |  1.233% | 812    |  1.304% |
| 85   | Blastoise          |  0.32648% | 1495   |  1.065% | 633    |  1.017% |
| 86   | Kabutops           |  0.30486% | 1113   |  0.793% | 430    |  0.691% |
| 87   | Tangela            |  0.29523% | 804    |  0.572% | 363    |  0.583% |
| 88   | Omastar            |  0.29276% | 438    |  0.312% | 207    |  0.332% |
| 89   | Rapidash           |  0.26573% | 645    |  0.459% | 267    |  0.429% |
| 90   | Parasect           |  0.26337% | 416    |  0.296% | 130    |  0.209% |
| 91   | Jynx               |  0.25774% | 633    |  0.451% | 351    |  0.564% |
| 92   | Tauros             |  0.24625% | 1415   |  1.008% | 703    |  1.129% |
| 93   | Electrode          |  0.24188% | 694    |  0.494% | 367    |  0.589% |
| 94   | Primeape           |  0.21691% | 960    |  0.684% | 544    |  0.874% |
| 95   | Vileplume          |  0.19795% | 1142   |  0.813% | 433    |  0.695% |
| 96   | Dunsparce          |  0.19294% | 519    |  0.370% | 281    |  0.451% |
| 97   | Togetic            |  0.18940% | 1289   |  0.918% | 500    |  0.803% |
| 98   | Flareon            |  0.18069% | 1264   |  0.900% | 580    |  0.932% |
| 99   | Hitmonchan         |  0.17795% | 1091   |  0.777% | 561    |  0.901% |
| 100  | Muk                |  0.16098% | 844    |  0.601% | 302    |  0.485% |
| 101  | Mr. Mime           |  0.15877% | 747    |  0.532% | 297    |  0.477% |
| 102  | Xatu               |  0.14163% | 1132   |  0.806% | 376    |  0.604% |
| 103  | Arbok              |  0.13287% | 529    |  0.377% | 277    |  0.445% |
| 104  | Victreebel         |  0.13009% | 1215   |  0.865% | 495    |  0.795% |
| 105  | Bellossom          |  0.09579% | 439    |  0.313% | 170    |  0.273% |
| 106  | Ariados            |  0.09265% | 671    |  0.478% | 284    |  0.456% |
| 107  | Bayleef            |  0.09014% | 433    |  0.308% | 129    |  0.207% |
| 108  | Pinsir             |  0.08826% | 299    |  0.213% | 118    |  0.190% |
| 109  | Graveler           |  0.07736% | 42     |  0.030% | 14     |  0.022% |
| 110  | Butterfree         |  0.07476% | 568    |  0.404% | 280    |  0.450% |
| 111  | Magmar             |  0.07287% | 463    |  0.330% | 206    |  0.331% |
| 112  | Golbat             |  0.06659% | 291    |  0.207% | 120    |  0.193% |
| 113  | Sudowoodo          |  0.06452% | 468    |  0.333% | 193    |  0.310% |
| 114  | Furret             |  0.06386% | 470    |  0.335% | 224    |  0.360% |
| 115  | Noctowl            |  0.05395% | 678    |  0.483% | 213    |  0.342% |
| 116  | Electabuzz         |  0.04968% | 721    |  0.513% | 336    |  0.540% |
| 117  | Magcargo           |  0.04682% | 272    |  0.194% | 116    |  0.186% |
| 118  | Raticate           |  0.04484% | 285    |  0.203% | 133    |  0.214% |
| 119  | Mantine            |  0.04051% | 427    |  0.304% | 110    |  0.177% |
| 120  | Girafarig          |  0.03895% | 464    |  0.330% | 165    |  0.265% |
| 121  | Magnemite          |  0.03550% | 164    |  0.117% | 72     |  0.116% |
| 122  | Dodrio             |  0.02756% | 113    |  0.080% | 48     |  0.077% |
| 123  | Eevee              |  0.02596% | 397    |  0.283% | 130    |  0.209% |
| 124  | Golduck            |  0.02556% | 160    |  0.114% | 56     |  0.090% |
| 125  | Pidgeot            |  0.02306% | 679    |  0.483% | 245    |  0.393% |
| 126  | Kingler            |  0.02286% | 359    |  0.256% | 152    |  0.244% |
| 127  | Onix               |  0.02265% | 293    |  0.209% | 104    |  0.167% |
| 128  | Swinub             |  0.01207% | 17     |  0.012% | 10     |  0.016% |
| 129  | Sunflora           |  0.01068% | 319    |  0.227% | 126    |  0.202% |
| 130  | Machoke            |  0.01051% | 99     |  0.070% | 51     |  0.082% |
| 131  | Stantler           |  0.00876% | 166    |  0.118% | 105    |  0.169% |
| 132  | Yanma              |  0.00873% | 38     |  0.027% | 23     |  0.037% |
| 133  | Clefairy           |  0.00834% | 43     |  0.031% | 22     |  0.035% |
| 134  | Delibird           |  0.00707% | 123    |  0.088% | 66     |  0.106% |
| 135  | Hypno              |  0.00687% | 145    |  0.103% | 57     |  0.092% |
| 136  | Wigglytuff         |  0.00622% | 214    |  0.152% | 73     |  0.117% |
| 137  | Dewgong            |  0.00459% | 75     |  0.053% | 26     |  0.042% |
| 138  | Seadra             |  0.00430% | 30     |  0.021% | 12     |  0.019% |
| 139  | Rattata            |  0.00411% | 58     |  0.041% | 47     |  0.075% |
| 140  | Haunter            |  0.00359% | 165    |  0.117% | 85     |  0.137% |
| 141  | Dragonair          |  0.00359% | 233    |  0.166% | 68     |  0.109% |
| 142  | Ponyta             |  0.00335% | 9      |  0.006% | 3      |  0.005% |
| 143  | Ledian             |  0.00314% | 88     |  0.063% | 46     |  0.074% |
| 144  | Beedrill           |  0.00305% | 78     |  0.056% | 34     |  0.055% |
| 145  | Aipom              |  0.00296% | 129    |  0.092% | 74     |  0.119% |
| 146  | Corsola            |  0.00292% | 167    |  0.119% | 82     |  0.132% |
| 147  | Gastly             |  0.00260% | 22     |  0.016% | 11     |  0.018% |
| 148  | Fearow             |  0.00249% | 119    |  0.085% | 36     |  0.058% |
| 149  | Lickitung          |  0.00229% | 45     |  0.032% | 12     |  0.019% |
| 150  | Flaaffy            |  0.00202% | 23     |  0.016% | 6      |  0.010% |
| 151  | Squirtle           |  0.00196% | 126    |  0.090% | 53     |  0.085% |
| 152  | Spearow            |  0.00155% | 27     |  0.019% | 8      |  0.013% |
| 153  | Skiploom           |  0.00127% | 7      |  0.005% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 154  | Pupitar            |  0.00122% | 55     |  0.039% | 21     |  0.034% |
| 155  | Pineco             |  0.00116% | 15     |  0.011% | 10     |  0.016% |
| 156  | Slowpoke           |  0.00076% | 6      |  0.004% | 3      |  0.005% |
| 157  | Unown              |  0.00068% | 7      |  0.005% | 6      |  0.010% |
| 158  | Mankey             |  0.00061% | 11     |  0.008% | 6      |  0.010% |
| 159  | Magikarp           |  0.00057% | 47     |  0.033% | 23     |  0.037% |
| 160  | Bulbasaur          |  0.00049% | 86     |  0.061% | 32     |  0.051% |
| 161  | Chinchou           |  0.00046% | 3      |  0.002% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 162  | Jigglypuff         |  0.00045% | 28     |  0.020% | 13     |  0.021% |
| 163  | Igglybuff          |  0.00045% | 10     |  0.007% | 4      |  0.006% |
| 164  | Mareep             |  0.00043% | 8      |  0.006% | 5      |  0.008% |
| 165  | Psyduck            |  0.00033% | 23     |  0.016% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 166  | Quilava            |  0.00031% | 82     |  0.058% | 42     |  0.067% |
| 167  | Slugma             |  0.00028% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 168  | Nidorina           |  0.00022% | 20     |  0.014% | 8      |  0.013% |
| 169  | Natu               |  0.00013% | 10     |  0.007% | 4      |  0.006% |
| 170  | Charmeleon         |  0.00006% | 40     |  0.028% | 21     |  0.034% |
| 171  | Ivysaur            |  0.00006% | 168    |  0.120% | 43     |  0.069% |
| 172  | Totodile           |  0.00006% | 69     |  0.049% | 24     |  0.039% |
| 173  | Venonat            |  0.00004% | 13     |  0.009% | 8      |  0.013% |
| 174  | Magby              |  0.00004% | 58     |  0.041% | 29     |  0.047% |
| 175  | Grimer             |  0.00003% | 4      |  0.003% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 176  | Wartortle          |  0.00003% | 23     |  0.016% | 10     |  0.016% |
| 177  | Pidgeotto          |  0.00003% | 51     |  0.036% | 24     |  0.039% |
| 178  | Farfetch'd         |  0.00003% | 11     |  0.008% | 4      |  0.006% |
| 179  | Zubat              |  0.00003% | 5      |  0.004% | 3      |  0.005% |
| 180  | Togepi             |  0.00002% | 10     |  0.007% | 4      |  0.006% |
| 181  | Kadabra            |  0.00001% | 24     |  0.017% | 9      |  0.014% |
| 182  | Cyndaquil          |  0.00001% | 74     |  0.053% | 41     |  0.066% |
| 183  | Vulpix             |  0.00000% | 20     |  0.014% | 12     |  0.019% |
| 184  | Geodude            |  0.00000% | 17     |  0.012% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 185  | Weedle             |  0.00000% | 11     |  0.008% | 2      |  0.003% |
| 186  | Ekans              |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 187  | Wooper             |  0.00000% | 15     |  0.011% | 3      |  0.005% |
| 188  | Bellsprout         |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 3      |  0.005% |
| 189  | Meowth             |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 4      |  0.006% |
| 190  | Pichu              |  0.00000% | 26     |  0.019% | 15     |  0.024% |
| 191  | Larvitar           |  0.00000% | 14     |  0.010% | 6      |  0.010% |
| 192  | Elekid             |  0.00000% | 6      |  0.004% | 4      |  0.006% |
| 193  | Smoochum           |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 2      |  0.003% |
| 194  | Marill             |  0.00000% | 27     |  0.019% | 9      |  0.014% |
| 195  | Caterpie           |  0.00000% | 16     |  0.011% | 6      |  0.010% |
| 196  | Hoothoot           |  0.00000% | 8      |  0.006% | 3      |  0.005% |
| 197  | Chikorita          |  0.00000% | 27     |  0.019% | 9      |  0.014% |
| 198  | Machop             |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 7      |  0.011% |
| 199  | Charmander         |  0.00000% | 27     |  0.019% | 13     |  0.021% |
| 200  | Pidgey             |  0.00000% | 11     |  0.008% | 4      |  0.006% |
| 201  | Oddish             |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 202  | Growlithe          |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 203  | Krabby             |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 2      |  0.003% |
| 204  | Omanyte            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 205  | Tentacool          |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 206  | Koffing            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 207  | Houndour           |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 208  | Abra               |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 209  | Croconaw           |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 4      |  0.006% |
| 210  | Remoraid           |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 211  | Metapod            |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 212  | Teddiursa          |  0.00000% | 7      |  0.005% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 213  | Exeggcute          |  0.00000% | 3      |  0.002% | 3      |  0.005% |
| 214  | Weepinbell         |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 215  | Porygon            |  0.00000% | 4      |  0.003% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 216  | Gloom              |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 217  | Poliwhirl          |  0.00000% | 2      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 218  | Sentret            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 219  | Rhyhorn            |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 1      |  0.002% |
| 220  | Staryu             |  0.00000% | 1      |  0.001% | 0      |  0.000% |
| 221  | Phanpy             |  0.00000% | 11     |  0.008% | 4      |  0.006% |
From this I clearly see that Sand teams are the most prominent weather abused in this Meta (Ttar is #5). Looks like some are using rain (Politoed #24) and practically no one is using sun (Ninetails #40). I'm actually surprised that Smeargle isn't higher up on the list (#31). That Espeon + Smeargle core seems like a pretty big threat to me.

EDIT: I also noticed that Kingdra is number 25, just under Politoed. I guess this means the Politoed + Kingdra core will be the most common Rain team in this tourney. I think Scizor + T. Tar + Zapdos is going to be an insane team to beat (all three are top ten).

Hmm, that is... not what I was expecting, to say the least. I just cannot see why you wouldn't run Machamp instead; they're basically the same except Heracross is hella lot more stressful to use thanks to Stone Edge's somewhat unreliable accuracy and because 100% accurate Dynamic Punch > Close Combat imo. The only thing I see it really having over Champ is the ability to beat Espeon and Alakazam thanks to Pin Missile ( 99% of the time just 2 hits are enough) both of which are pretty common sash leads and that just demolish Machamp 1 on 1 thanks to the aforementioned Focus Sash that they're usually holding.

To be honest, though, this is not even that big of a deal. I'm just genuinely curious to know what are people doing with it because I've rarely even seen it in the ladder ( although I haven't played much, if at all, in the last couple—maybe it got more popular later on). So yup, I'd love to see those replays if you don't mind sharing.
Note: these stats are from 5/20 and before. The past 5 days of data are not included.

Last edited:
Note: these stats are from 5/20 and before. The past 5 days of data are not included.
Welp, that one flew right over my head. But I'm even more confused now because I got pretty high up in the ladder back then ( nothing to write home about, though) and I saw: a lot of scizor, a reasonable amount of Machamp, but no Heracross. At. All. K, maybe once or twice but that was it.
I'm not even trying to make a case out of it btw, I just think it's funny I missed this one out completely lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)