Big First Official Smogon Mafia Game: Metagame Mafia - Game Over - Anything Goes Wins!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
But I thought the mafia factions have to defeat one another as well. In all other games I've been in, no mafia would dare to claim mafia even to a confirmed member of the other...
Balance of power. Mafia factions don't want to kill the other mafia factions too early and let village have too much numbers. Basically they both want village dead but in the mean time they don't want to cross fire when village has sufficient numbers. Then they can go at each other once village isn't a significant problem to them.

Co-operating without revealing too much. Something like that.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
But I thought the mafia factions have to defeat one another as well. In all other games I've been in, no mafia would dare to claim mafia even to a confirmed member of the other...
They do however in big games like this there are so many mafia members that the teams can afford to send a member to the other team to coordinate kills and exchange inspects on villagers. It's more of a problem when the two teams don't get along and just feud lol. The two members talking to each other are almost never sold out to the village.

Yeti

dark saturday
Alright Magmians, I'm gonna lead this shit to victory. I'll be pasting my PM publically, but for now, I will say that my role name is Ho-oh with a quite easy to prove ability. I would like a role name claim at the very least from all Magmians and Brethren. I would love ability claims, but I can understand some N0 paranoia. [awkward post conclusion]

ADDENDUM: since some are extremely wary unless I post my ability, my ability is similar to anonymous messaging in MP2, except that I don't actually message, just "ping" people.

tl;dr I'm cool claim pls

the sam before the sam

Yeti

dark saturday
INSTEAD OF REMINISCING ON HOW THOROUGHLY YOU RAPED MY TEAM THANKS TO DA LETTER EL'S HIGHDEAS SO YOU CAN JACK OFF TO ME BEING MAD AGAIN, MAYBE YOU SHOULD POST YOUR DEADLINES ON TIME. EVER THINK OF THAT WHILE YOU WERE DICKING ME SIDEWAYS? NO? YEAH ME EITHER, ALL I COULD THINK WAS "WOW I WISH THIS GUY WAS BETTER AT SEX SO I MIGHT ENJOY 1 THING ABOUT THIS GAME."

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cycle 3

You all gather around acidphoenix, who doesn't bother saying much in his own defense.

'bs kill flavor game is hax' is all he has to say before he is pulled down from the sky.
UncleSam said:
Dear acidphoenix,
You are Mega Rayquaza.

It flies forever through the ozone layer, consuming meteoroids for sustenance. The many meteoroids in its body provide the energy it needs to Mega Evolve.

You can use Dragon’s Ascent each Cycle. This will kill your target with an attack so powerful it will pierce protective abilities used on your target. It will also, however, lower your own defenses for the night.

If not using Dragon’s Ascent, you will fly so high above the earth that you will be immune to any kills aimed at you.

Additionally, you may use Earthquake each Cycle. This will shake out any items held by your target, which you will collect.

Finally, you may use Extremespeed each Cycle. The sheer speed and power of this move will stun your target, preventing him or her from performing any abilities that Cycle.

You are holding a Lum Berry. This will cure any status you are inflicted with, once.

<Something seems to be missing....?>

You are allied with Anything Goes Tier. You win if you are restored to the realms of competitive Pokemon play. To accomplish this, kill everyone.
Wow, what a great lynch for The Rest! This is going to be a good cycle!

...not again.

Right at that moment Paperblade was hit by a Hex.
UncleSam said:
Dear Paperblade,
You are Darmanitan.

When weakened in battle, it transforms into a stone statue. Then it sharpens its mind and fights on mentally.

You can use Flare Blitz each Cycle. This will kill your target, but also cause significant recoil damage to yourself. As such, upon using this twice, you will revert to Zen Mode and gain alternative abilities.

You are holding a Choice Band. While holding this, your physical attacks will cause your target not to be able to perform any actions. However, once a target is selected, you cannot change targets.

You are allied with The Rest. You win if The Rest eliminate all others.
;/

No time to react however, as VeryPinkPancakes jumped in front of a friend of his and got hit by a massive Bolt Strike.

Good night sweet prince.
UncleSam said:
Dear VeryPinkPancakes,
You are Togekiss.

It shares many blessings with people who respect one another's rights and avoid needless strife.

You can use Follow Me each Cycle. This will cause any abilities or votes made against your target to impact you instead.

You are holding a Choice Specs. This makes your vote count for 1.5 during the lynch each Cycle, but once you cast a vote you cannot ever change it (even during later Cycles) unless you pass this item to someone else (note that you will not retain the additional .5 vote if you do so).

Will this mindless carnage never stop?

...was precisely what -Tynamo- was thinking right as he snuck in and grabbed all of the fallen acidphoenix's items.

"Now they're all mine, Meowth that's right!"

Unfortunately he never saw Bullet Seed coming.
UncleSam said:
Dear -Tynamo-,
You are Meowth, that’s right!

Adores circular objects. Wanders the streets on a nightly basis to look for dropped loose change.

You have the ability Pickup. This allows you to receive items from whoever is killed in the daily lynch...but only if you are the first Pokemon with Pickup to vote for the lynched party!

You are holding an Iron Ball. This greatly reduces the priority of any actions used by it’s holder.

With three more villagers dead and one Purple Heart awarded to Togekiss, you turn your thoughts towards vengeance for your fallen comrades.

It is now Cycle 3. Cycle 3 ends in 48 hours, or at 9 PM CST on Saturday May 28th.

Yeti

dark saturday
IF YOU HAVEN'T CLAIMED YET, PLEASE DO SO

it is hard to pinpoint duplicate roles and suspicious roles/trends without everyone's claims

I had a role used on me this past night that confirmed nobody else targeted me so my mafia team was not protecting me hurr durr and my twin is still alive. I can understand hesitance to claim but at this point villagers keep dying and we NEED to find bs like the Zekrom so we can stop the kills. we can't do that if we don't compile information and clean people as best and as fast as we can!!

IF YOU HAVE A RESULT, PLEASE SEND IT TO ME ASAP

we need to confirm scum. if a claim doesn't line up with a result, I need to know about it so I can get that person lynched, vigged, hooked, whatever. anything to stop them. Toge going down sucks hardcore. especially if roles I have given targets to, have cleaned people, not found scum.

so if you have any information contact me on PS (i'll be home as champyeti in like 35 minutes) or IRC (Yeti) or pm me on smogon!

thank you so much :D

Yeti

dark saturday
also ask the hosts to double check your results

there have been

numerous errors this cycle

which is understandable, there are 50 players and a lot to process and double check and make sure they did right beyond just priority and such so we should be forgiving of the-

ah who am I kidding

SUB ME OUT OF THIS FARCE GAME
NOOB HOSTS
ENDLESS MISTAKES
IF UNCLESAM BANGED ME
EVERY TIME WALREIN SENT A WRONG RESULT
HE MIGHT AS WELL NEVER STOP
etc

nah jk again don't be too hard on them they are trying and it's a big game, lots of stuff, very complex :(

just double check that your result is completely accurate or nothing is missing

thanks!

Yeti

dark saturday
Yeti said:
Dear Walrein, You are Ho-Oh

One of the Johto Trinity of Suicune, Ho-Oh, and Unown, you are the most sought-after Pokemon in Crystal. You’re also decent in current Ubers, despite your Stealth Rock weakness. Everyone looks up to you to lead the Magmians to victory!

Being a legendary leader of the Unown and Suicune trinity, you have the ability to send messages to anyone in the game. Every night, you may PM Yeti and Steven Snype with “NX - Sending a ping to USER on Radio Channel #”. USER will receive a notification that they were contacted. You may pick between Channels 1, 2 and 3.

You also are aware that between you and your tentative allies, there is a neutral liaison that wants both of you to win. He is <username snip>.

You are allied with the Magmians. You win if the Magmians eliminate all threats.
I held up my end, now hold up yours. I will be collecting claims over both smogon and IRC. Mysterious allies and friendly neutrals, don't be afraid to claim as well!

gibe results i really need to get all of the claims so i can see what roles are missing from the village!!

Yeti

dark saturday
Alright the same person responsible for bringing you the death of acidphoenix has revealed A SHOCKING DISCOVERY

Pokemon Trainer is OU

lynch pokemon trainer

DON'T HAVE TO SHEET IPL GOD BLESSINGS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)