2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
at this point either simeone stops fucking around and goes back to 4-3-3 so that griezmann can turn up a gear or two and actually carry the attack or they lose to real's momentum easy. ugh I don't want real to win this, as much as as I love zizou

e: great final btw. love to see two tempramental managers going head on.

Last edited:
I am suprised Rio Ferdiand could actually speak he had Ronaldo's balls so far in his mouth. Two hours of doing fuck all but yes its all down to Ronaldo's hard work.

Two finals and a world cup in a row of doing absolutely nothing.

Casemiro and Carrasco both best players on the night. Danilo was the shits.

Last edited:
Ronaldo was probably the worst player in the final, shame he couldn't crown it with a penalty miss.

Bale, Modric, Casemiro and Carrasco were great, but Gabi in particular was the player of the game for me. Brilliant all game, controlled the midfield especially in the second half, and scored a great penalty too. Speaking of penalties, Oblak's diving "strategy" was awful, despite being fantastic in the actual game. Waiting out the shot always seemed like the inferior option to me, and it's better to "guess" left or right, and try to read the player early. While neither of the goalies saved a shot, Navas definitely looked more likely to catch one, as he at least looked scarier for the shooters. The fact that three of Real Madrids penalties were calmly placed in the corner probably came of this.

Congratulations to Real Madrid, though I don't mean it at all.

Oh and jesus christ, Pepe is actually worse than Diego Costa. This comes from an Arsenal-supporter.

Last edited:

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I am suprised Rio Ferdiand could actually speak he had Ronaldo's balls so far in his mouth. Two hours of doing fuck all but yes its all down to Ronaldo's hard work.

Two finals and a world cup in a row of doing absolutely nothing.

Casemiro and Carrasco both best players on the night. Danilo was the shits.
Could not agree about ronaldo any more, literally such a fucking cunt
Does jack shit all game, then comes up, does something he should do 9 times out of 10, takes his shirt off to show his toned physique, and its all because of him and his brilliance that real have won, not like an offside goal or a missed pen is the reason or anything. fucker has a nerve. I want to punch his greasy face in

Mark's reaction to Pepe's last final.act was hilarious.

Finally a dream ending, grats Zizou!

Best 3:

Atleti

Belgianfrenchkisser
Greizman, tough luck on the pens though
Gabi, solid rock

Honorary: Oblak

Madrid

Baleish
Casemiro
Marcello

Honorary: Ramos

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Oblak's gonna need some serious penalty-stopping training this summer.

The game was good, I think Real Madrid were the better team although not by much, going to pens was probably fair.

I think everybody knew that Ronaldo would flop in the final. I mean, since when has he done anything against non-cannon fodder teams? Oh, and Atletico only have themselves to blame for not putting their chances to count ( for example, the penalty right after the second half ). Sure, Real Madrid scored an offside goal but the game was pretty even as Atletico struggle against Bale's pace ( shame his decision-making is poor and his teammate didn't really help ).

Ofc the media will tell you Ronaldo is amazing again because he "led" his team to the CL with 16 goals in the competition. Don't expect anyone to mention at least half of them are against cannon fodder like Malmo lol.

Tbh Germany has been on a poor run of fun in the international games since the World Cup, even with their first-team. The lack of good FB since Lahm is alarming.But then, they will raise their game in tournaments, right?

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Germany did lose their last 3/4 international games. The Euro, is something all countries take seriously. Rest assure that Germany will be in peak condition when the group round commences.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so drinkwater and townsend didn't make the final cut, whilst both rashford and sturridge got in. personally, seems a bit risky, I feel Drinkwater should have gone, since I wouldn't want to rely on Wilshere or Henderson's fitness levels, if neither of them are fully fit, then there's only Milner and Dier who can play in a deeper central midfield role.
I feel Roy has done the classic England manager thing and feared backlash if he left either of Sturridge or Rashford out, even though Kane and Vardy are higher in the pecking order anyway.

so drinkwater and townsend didn't make the final cut, whilst both rashford and sturridge got in. personally, seems a bit risky, I feel Drinkwater should have gone, since I wouldn't want to rely on Wilshere or Henderson's fitness levels, if neither of them are fully fit, then there's only Milner and Dier who can play in a deeper central midfield role.
I feel Roy has done the classic England manager thing and feared backlash if he left either of Sturridge or Rashford out, even though Kane and Vardy are higher in the pecking order anyway.
We will see "Captain Marvel" play at CM. No other reason for Woy to take 5 strikers. Gambling on half-fit Wilshire and Henderson is just his style.

I think he just about did the right thing. Drinkwater will be a miss but you can't drop a player in form like Rashford. He could have dropped Sturridge but I think Rashford is just gonna be an impact sub so I can see why he took Sturridge. Alli can play central mid and so can Rooney these days so even if Wilshere and Henderson pull up I think there's just about enough depth to scrape by, but yeah Drinkwater being left out is a shame.

I'm looking forward to the Euros, lots of young exciting teams and all the teams have some sort of weakness that you could make a case for anyone potentially winning it. It could be a very good tournament!

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i think hodgson has made the correct choice dropping drinkwater, the guy is vastly overrated from the previous season - n'golo kante being incredible made his job 300x easier and a lot of his passes were hoofs for vardy to chase. wilshere is more likely to have that bit of quality to win us a game and henderson is a much better all round player, although i doubt either of the two will start.

5 strikers, he can drop Rooney to midfield..
Sturridge will probably get injured getting on the plane, or lifting his suitcase anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)