Project The Next Best Thing - ORAS OU Edition V3 - FINISHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Idk why it is not included here but roseli chomp is my vote.

Like I've tried them all except the hax one and roseli just had the most use for me. That and September but there was no reasoning at all. Pretty fun set overall.

P.S. I prefer SD to fire blast
Ba duda, ba duda, ba duda, badu
Ba duda, badu, ba duda, badu
Ba duda, badu, ba duda

September Chomp

There are some nice sets here, I like endure salac chomp (used it before and its definitely more useful than sub vs offense), and I've also used band chomp (although I think LO is kinda better tbh, it sucks to get stuck in the same move) as well as resttalk (on mega chomp) and rest rocks + hbell. Roseli chomp is a close second of mine, but I like the nifty coverage of september chomp which has some advantages over a kinda similar chainchomp set I like.

Roseli Berry Garchomp

I'm definitely gonna give September chomp a go sometime because it looks neato, but I'm gonna give Roseli chomp my vote this time around. Pretty solid lure.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
The Winner of Week 30 goes to Albacore's Choice Band Garchomp! Congratulations for entering the Hall of Fame!

The Pokemon for Week 31 is going to be Empoleon!

yet again, Empoleon interested me in what could it do/perform in OU. Empoleon has an interesting typing of Water-Steel letting it have a ton of resistances; being able to check Dragon, Fairy, and ironically Water. However it is weak to a common typing/coverage move being Ground, yet Grounds fear being Scalded.​

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Agility

Very old DPP set. The goal behind this is pretty simple, aiming to set up and win lategame by pumping up your speed with Agility and then using Substitute in order to activate Petaya Berry and Torrent. The EV spread activates Petaya Berry after three Substitutes, the speed outruns +1 Dragonite, Heatran, and Gyarados once at +2, and the rest is dumped into power for obvious reasons.

Partners should be able to handle Water types like Keldeo and Slowbro, as well as bulky special walls and the like. Should also be able to pressure down priority users like Breloom and Bisharp in order to prevent a sweep being cut short.

Last edited:

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 224 SpD / 28 SpA
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog / Toxic

Most people will mindlessly switch in their Landorus-T or Garchomp to revenge kill an Empoleon. With a Shuca Berry, Empoleon is able to tank a hit from a reasonable amount of health and OHKO them back with Ice Beam. Pretty cool set that I've been using.
The 28 special attack EVs guarantee the OHKO with Ice Beam onto offensive Garchomp and defensive Landorus-T after Stealth Rock. You can pump them up a bit more to 2HKO Tornadus-T after Stealth Rock as well, which is pretty cool considering how well Empoleon checks it.

Specs Empoleon

Empoleon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Not much in Empoleon but there's specs which is pretty much sub petaya without a sub or speed. 180 Speed to Outspeed 8 speed defensive lando-t. Some basic moves with grass knot for sbro, keldeo, bulky waters, etc. Hydro + Torrent + Specs = Hurt.

252 SpA Choice Specs Empoleon Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Mega Slowbro: 342-404 (86.8 - 102.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. 16 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 280-330 (99.6 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 256-303 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)