PU PU Spring Seasonal - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the third PU Seasonal! These seasonals will be part of the PU Circuit. Entering in this seasonal earns you points for an overall PU leaderboard. After a number of seasonals (depending on activity), the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the PU champion! There may also be other prizes in store, which are still being discussed.
Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard ORAS PU tournament.
  • This tournament will be a double elimination tournament.
  • If you drop out of the tournament immediately after losing in winner's bracket, you will be banned from future PU circuit tournaments, and potentially risk being infracted.
  • All rounds will be best of three.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) There may be some exceptions to this rule.
  • PU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; NU effectively serves as the PU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon and one move banned from PU which are not in NU or a higher tier; aka BL4. This consists of Carracosta, Exeggutor, Linoone, Throh, Vigoroth, Victreebel, and the move Chatter.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Winner's Bracket:

cryalot
vs Kaboom
Teddeh vs HJAD
Akashi vs Newalfonquest
NotFalse vs Dominatio
lockjaw vs Dundies
Confide vs RawMelon
Blue YM vs The50mph
Bye vs lighthouses

Loser's Bracket:

Gunner Rohan vs TTFTW
Shaneghoul
vs Entei.
VeryPinkPancakes vs aki0s
BelmontGabriel vs Rattled Snakes
KJ Corp
vs Rodriblutar
shartruce vs ManOfMany
Megazard
vs Jedenn
Level 56 vs Terrakion.

Deadline

Sunday June 5th, 8pm gmt-5

General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Resources:

Last edited:

cryalot

senza telescopi
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pre-Addiction:
cryalot vs Kaboom: Kaboom is too much for me
Teddeh vs HJAD: best match of the week, fuck teddeh balance
Akashi vs Newalfonquest: name change made him stronger
NotFalse vs Dominatio: will win in 2 games without exagerated effort
lockjaw vs Dundies: nice match, we'll be close for sure
Confide vs RawMelon: RawMelon is savage
Blue YM vs The50mph: ლ(- ◡ -ლ)
Bye vs lighthouses: Bye is an excellent form, first win for him imo

Teddeh vs HJAD: best match of the week, fuck teddeh balance
When HJAD uses Teddeh balance too :X
Calling activity on my opponent, he told me we would play 3 months ago, now he has consistently dodged me by using excuses such as "We're not even playing for pu seasonal" and "stop sending me pictures of your cat"... Classic johning technique. I hope he mans up soon and bites the bullet.

https://gyazo.com/7a96e8ad2eef6fff1d7e937f10ee7519

activity call against Teddeh
i didnt want it to come to this but Teddeh's attitude towards of the completion of this match has been less than stellar and as a result it has lead to this activity request. As you can see with the above snapshot; teddeh displays 0 interest in completeing the match by the deadline, i assume this is due to his knowledge of my knowledge of his knowledge leading him to really be feeling pressure in this high stage, high intensity, high reward, heavyweight bought. I will suggest to Teddeh via PM when we should play, however, on the basis of this, this match is a lost cause.

lost vs teddeh in 3 great games, i tried to match him up balance for balance in g1 which didnt go well, g2 was an excellent back and forth match, and g3 was super super super close coming down to rolls down to 2-3%, all of which were well worth watching :D
ggs man, they were super enjoyable n_n

lost to a crit that mattered more than it seemed in g3 lol

ur clearly the better player that outplayed the fuck outta me and I am just the salty loser apparently

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)