Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I will have to look at all my options for momentum moves, as I like the idea. The Shedinja already has to use a move as it starts a battle though, so I'll either have to do that first then BP out afterwards or find another way of doing it. I also feel like I would get the Grovyle much earlier than I would get Shedinja if I have to wait until lvl 35 for it.

I don't want to drop the U-Turn idea though, I think it's interesting.

Zuphix I'm wondering, would you be willing to go through the horde battles in route 110 to get a plusle with its hidden ability? I have an interesting idea, but it would require the ability lightning rod. If not, I'll go with what I was originally thinking with electrike.

Zuphix if your still looking for mons, and you're use to playing the old games I think I'd have a fun Mon to use
I'd say you should take mistheart the feebas.

Mistheart is a kind Pokemon. She is very protective and cannot stand for mistreatment of others. Should anyone of your Pokemon faint mistheart wants to come to their aid. She must come in at once and do her best to fend off the attacker. Sending her in after one of your pokemon takes damage also is acceptable. For every Pokemon she defeats by coming to the aid of her fellow Pokemon her soul only grows more beautiful and her heart grows kinder. She may evolve at any time, but only after true inner beauty is reached. Her dream is to show the world how powerful inner beauty can be.

In game that means
-mistheart must be switched in to battle if any of your Pokemon faint.
-mistheart at your discretion can switch in after any Pokemon gets damaged
-should mistheart defeat a trainer's Pokemon upon switching in due to the rules above, she has "come to the aid" of one of your Pokemon. Upon coming to the aid of your Pokemon (for trainer battles only) and defeating the Pokemon that damaged your own Pokemon she may be fed a pokeblock (limit one block per battle)
-feel free to evolve her once she gets max beauty. That's the challenge!
-to demonstrate her kindness, mistheart must learn restraint and mercy. She may not use stab attacks when coming to the aid of others. This doesn't mean you can't use stab moves it just means if you do, no pokeblock for mistheart.
-to show the world how valuable true inner beauty is she must become a master rank beauty contest winner (you may use any moveset for this and no above rules apply in contests but will immediately apply again once out of them) This is not a requirement for game progress. I don't want you stuck doing contests you may not want to actually do, but this is just to complete mistheart's story and can be done at any time.
-not a requirement but try to get a female feebas. It shouldn't be too hard. Feebas has 100% encounter rate in this game in two very specific areas (there's tons of guides on YouTube for getting a hold of one.)

Basis for the challenge:
In the old games feebas was one of the hardest Pokemon to find. But in this game she is very easy to get (look it up on youtube if you don't believe me) I thought it would be exciting to use a Pokemon that has always been so rare to you. I also thought the rules would go well with your treeko. Your reward for struggling with a feebas is a super strong milotic (and now you don't need a surf slave)

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I asked a couple IRL friends if they had any ideas, and while they're not that interesting I have 3 mons now:

- Different the Abra
- Spoopy the Poochyena
- Ginger the Shedinja

I should be able to get the Shedinja before the Abra so if you're going to consider if anything conflicts, you don't need to worry about it. As for defeating certain trainers, they are "flexible" apparently - I'll be told more about what Spoopy and Ginger need to do as I get further into the run.

Did anyone else need some more mons that I didn't see?
Sorry about the replying to an old post thing (Smogon refuses to give me notifications) but I still need 2 more Pokémon, preferably not water types. Thanks in advance and sorry I couldn't help with your challenge.

Silver_Lucario42 trade in Dumb AI the Porygon.

We all know that Pokemon games can have dumb AI, and this Porygon personifies it.

• Every turn Dumb AI is out, roll a die. 1-4: use the move in that slot. 5: use an item of your choice. 6: switch Dumb AI out.
  • Evolve into Porygon2 whenever.
  • Because you don't want any more Water-types, solo Marlon to evolve into Porygon-Z. Ignore rolls of 6 during this solo.

Zuphix I'm wondering, would you be willing to go through the horde battles in route 110 to get a plusle with its hidden ability? I have an interesting idea, but it would require the ability lightning rod. If not, I'll go with what I was originally thinking with electrike.
Solner Sorry, somehow I missed this post (even though I saw the one after it). I'd happily search for a Hidden Plusle, I can borrow something with Sweet Scent just for that catch.

Siver_Lucario42 Which game are you playing on? I may be able to think of something for your last mon.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Solner Sorry, somehow I missed this post (even though I saw the one after it). I'd happily search for a Hidden Plusle, I can borrow something with Sweet Scent just for that catch.

Siver_Lucario42 Which game are you playing on? I may be able to think of something for your last mon.
White 2. I can trade with the rest of Gen 5 as well as Poké Transfer from Gen 4.

One last question Zuphix, I was under the impression that you had 6 pokemon with the one from nov and the three from your friends. But just in case, I will post it anyway.

White 2. I can trade with the rest of Gen 5 as well as Poké Transfer from Gen 4.
Sadly I didn't play gen 5 at all, I can try take a look at what is available where but it may be better for someone else to give you a mon.

One last question Zuphix, I was under the impression that you had 6 pokemon with the one from nov and the three from your friends. But just in case, I will post it anyway.
So far I've got a Treeko, Poochyena, Nincada, Abra and Feebas. I don't plan on keeping the Ninjask once I get a Shedinja so yours would be the 6th.

Edit: I see what you mean now, that was 3 total (including one from PSDucky, only 2 were from my friends).

Hi yall,

I've been stalking this thread for a while, and I thought that I might try a scramble, for Platinum.

RESTRICTIONS:

- No ridiculous challenges. Come on, this is my first scramble.
- I like some kind of story line for my scramblemons. This is more of a preference than a restriction, but still.
- One of them has to be my starter (Piplup, Turtwig, Chimchar).
- Since I am using an emulator, I can "trade" (a.k.a pokegen the evolution in and replace the unevolved one with the evolved poke).
- At least two pokemon before Roark, and six before Volkner.

That's all. Glad to join such a thriving community.

Chosen Pokemon!

Challenge the Chimchar: by Snaquaza
Pigeon the Starly: by PSDuckie
Honey the Burmy: by SilverLucario42
Picky the Riolu: by Snaquaza
Paint the Shellos: by Mygavolt
Melody the Chingling: by DarkLatias92

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi yall,

I've been stalking this thread for a while, and I thought that I might try a scramble, for Platinum.

RESTRICTIONS:

- I like some kind of story line for my scramblemons. This is more of a preference than a restriction, but still.
- Since I am using an emulator, I can "trade" (a.k.a pokegen the evolution in and replace the unevolved one with the evolved poke).

Welcome to Smogon! Hope you'll enjoy it here. My first post was in this thread as well :]

Take Challenge the Chimchar.

Challenge is amazingly happy that you chose it as your starter! It has always had the most marvellous dreams about his own journey through the region. However, its dreams may have been a bit overenthusiastic, making it seem like a journey is only fun, no hard times. Because of this, Challenge will forever die when it faints, like in a Nuzlocke, because it will run away out of surprise that the journey wasn't as expected. Otherwise, you can do whatever you want with it, so enjoy while you can!

If Challenge dies, you must catch the Pokemon that has beaten it, when available, as it has now proven its power. If it isn't able to be caught... you'll just have to play with five Pokemon from then on. This Pokemon may never change, besides its level. It must've been perfect already if it could beat Challenge! This Pokemon must be named "Victor" and is not allowed to learn any new moves, hold any items or evolve. It may be given items though, as long as they're not held items.

Good luck; have fun. Tell me if you think it's too hard or too easy, I'll change it!

Theregan take Pigeon the Starly.

This is based on an actual pigeon that I've seen, that took shelter from the cold weather in a train station. I know Starly isn't a pigeon, but this is gen4, so I can't give you a Pidove.

• Pigeon must switch out whenever it faces an Ice-type in battle, whether as an opponent or a Double Battle partner. They're just too cold!
  • Pigeon may not battle on Route 216, Route 217, Mt. Coronet, Acuity Lakefront, or in Snowpoint City. This includes all wild and trainer battles, as well as the entire Snowpoint City Gym. The weather in those zones is too cold.
  • Pigeon may never learn any Ice-type moves, and must learn and keep Steel Wing ASAP.
  • Pigeon must solo all Electric-types and Steel-types not being soloed by another mon. I don't know if there are any encounters with Rotom-Frost in Platinum, having never played it, but if there are, don't solo that (the Ice-type takes priority over the Electric-type).
  • Solo Byron's entire Gym to evolve into Staravia. Solo Volkner's entire Gym to evolve into Staraptor.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it!

Last edited:
Welcome to Smogon! Hope you'll enjoy it here. My first post was in this thread as well :]

Take Challenge the Chimchar.

Challenge is amazingly happy that you chose it as your starter! It has always had the most marvellous dreams about his own journey through the region. However, its dreams may have been a bit overenthusiastic, making it seem like a journey is only fun, no hard times. Because of this, Challenge will forever die when it faints, like in a Nuzlocke, because it will run away out of surprise that the journey wasn't as expected. Otherwise, you can do whatever you want with it, so enjoy while you can!

If Challenge dies, you must catch the Pokemon that has beaten it, when available, as it has now proven its power. If it isn't able to be caught... you'll just have to play with five Pokemon from then on. This Pokemon may never change, besides its level. It must've been perfect already if it could beat Challenge! This Pokemon must be named "Victor" and is not allowed to learn any new moves, hold any items or evolve. It may be given items though, as long as they're not held items.

Good luck; have fun. Tell me if you think it's too hard or too easy, I'll change it!
Wow! Thanks! I'll take this one. This will be fun!

Theregan take Pigeon the Starly.

This is based on an actual pigeon that I've seen, that took shelter from the cold weather in a train station. I know Starly isn't a pigeon, but this is gen4, so I can't give you a Pidove.

• Pigeon must switch out whenever it faces an Ice-type in battle, whether as an opponent or a Double Battle partner. They're just too cold!
  • Pigeon may not battle on Route 216, Route 217, Mt. Coronet, Acuity Lakefront, or in Snowpoint City. This includes all wild and trainer battles, as well as the entire Snowpoint City Gym. The weather in those zones is too cold.
  • Pigeon may never learn any Ice-type moves, and must learn and keep Steel Wing ASAP.
  • Pigeon must solo all Electric-types and Steel-types not being soloed by another mon. I don't know if there are any encounters with Rotom-Frost in Platinum, having never played it, but if there are, don't solo that (the Ice-type takes priority over the Electric-type).
  • Solo Byron's entire Gym to evolve into Staravia. Solo Volkner's entire Gym to evolve into Staraptor.
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it!
Sweet! This will probably my the hardest challenge, but I need something to make it harder. Thanks!

Four to go! I can't wait for this.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Hi yall,

RESTRICTIONS:

DID SOMEBODY SAY PLATINUM?
Still waiting for one last mon but in the meantime I can do something for you: Take Honey the Burmy.
Honey, as its name implies, really likes Honey! It likes it so much that it won't eat anything else! No medicine items may be used on Honey.
Solo at least one of Gardenia's Pokémon to evolve. If Honey is female, it must evolve into the Plant Cloak form (because it likes Honey trees so much). If Honey evolves into Wormadam, it aims to show appreciation to the Pokémon that make its honey. It must see all Bug-types owned by Trainers, but it can't damage them directly. In addition, it tries to protect them by soloing at least 3 Flying-types owned by Trainers. Once it has done this, Honey thinks it can accept eating things that aren't honey... as long as they're covered in honey! After the Flying-types have been soloed, any healing item can be used on Honey; discard one honey from your inventory for each item used.
If Honey evolves into Mothim, it resorts to stealing honey from other Pokémon, as per its Pokédex entry. Teach Honey Thief when you get the TM in Eterna City. Use Thief at least once on every Bug-type you encounter. If Honey successfully steals honey through the use of Thief, it realizes what a terrible thing it's done. It decides to use its ninja skills for good. Once Honey has stolen honey, it must forget Thief. As soon as Honey learns Camouflage, it must use it at the start of every battle.
No matter what Pokémon Honey evolved into, it seeks to hone its inner strength. Honey must learn Hidden Power and discover its typing, then solo a Pokémon of that type. Once it has done this, Honey decides that it can eat berries. You may choose to substitute Mothim's Thief requirement and Wormadam's healing item with a Berry, and feed Berries to either Pokémon.
For reference: Burmy is a fairly common encounter in honey trees (thus the inspiration). Male Burmy evolve into Mothim while female Burmy evolve into Wormadam. Switch to Plant Cloak by battling in grass. The Thief TM is next to the Galactic Eterna Building. Wild Combee (also found in honey trees) have a 50% chance of holding Honey. Mothim learns Camouflage, and both evolutions learn Hidden Power by level-up. If you level up Burmy too high (and therefore miss Hidden Power), you can get it from the Game Corner for 1000 Coins.
Too complex? Too hard? Too easy? Let me know and I'll change it!

DID SOMEBODY SAY PLATINUM?
Still waiting for one last mon but in the meantime I can do something for you: Take Honey the Burmy.
Honey, as its name implies, really likes Honey! It likes it so much that it won't eat anything else! No medicine items may be used on Honey.
Solo at least one of Gardenia's Pokémon to evolve. If Honey is female, it must evolve into the Plant Cloak form (because it likes Honey trees so much). If Honey evolves into Wormadam, it aims to show appreciation to the Pokémon that make its honey. It must see all Bug-types owned by Trainers, but it can't damage them directly. In addition, it tries to protect them by soloing at least 3 Flying-types owned by Trainers. Once it has done this, Honey thinks it can accept eating things that aren't honey... as long as they're covered in honey! After the Flying-types have been soloed, any healing item can be used on Honey; discard one honey from your inventory for each item used.
If Honey evolves into Mothim, it resorts to stealing honey from other Pokémon, as per its Pokédex entry. Teach Honey Thief when you get the TM in Eterna City. Use Thief at least once on every Bug-type you encounter. If Honey successfully steals honey through the use of Thief, it realizes what a terrible thing it's done. It decides to use its ninja skills for good. Once Honey has stolen honey, it must forget Thief. As soon as Honey learns Camouflage, it must use it at the start of every battle.
No matter what Pokémon Honey evolved into, it seeks to hone its inner strength. Honey must learn Hidden Power and discover its typing, then solo a Pokémon of that type. Once it has done this, Honey decides that it can eat berries. You may choose to substitute Mothim's Thief requirement and Wormadam's healing item with a Berry, and feed Berries to either Pokémon.
For reference: Burmy is a fairly common encounter in honey trees (thus the inspiration). Male Burmy evolve into Mothim while female Burmy evolve into Wormadam. Switch to Plant Cloak by battling in grass. The Thief TM is next to the Galactic Eterna Building. Wild Combee (also found in honey trees) have a 50% chance of holding Honey. Mothim learns Camouflage, and both evolutions learn Hidden Power by level-up. If you level up Burmy too high (and therefore miss Hidden Power), you can get it from the Game Corner for 1000 Coins.
Too complex? Too hard? Too easy? Let me know and I'll change it!
Thanks! This is something that I've been looking for.

The next thing I'll need is a Surfer. Come on guys! Woo!

For your last pokemon, Silver_Lucario42, I have an idea (if someone hasn't reserved it). Take Heavyweight the Solosis.

When he is a Solosis, he/she eats a lot. I mean a lot. Whenever you use a item, you must use two on Heavyweight, or toss items worth twice as much as the item that you gave to the pokemon. You must also give him/her Leftovers (there are some in Castelia Sewers). You can evolve when he has 'eaten' 50 items.

When he is a Duosion, he realises that he is fat, and he starts to cry, and go into hiding. You cannot use him/her until leaving Chargestone Cave. After seeing the farmers of Mistralton, he/she trys to change his/her ways. She does this by soloing every trainers' pokemon in Celestial Tower, as a workout, and ringing the bell. She also wants to show his/herself to the leader of the town, Skyla, to thank her. He/she does this by soloing her Swanna. Then, he/she can evolve.

As a Reuniclus, she wants to show off his/her new strength. She must learn Rock Smash by TM, and relearn Rollout (I recently played through White 2, there are Heart Scales everywhere.) She must use one of these moves whenever she enters a battle.

However, if your Solosis has a speed-boosting nature, then all restrictions are lifted.

What do you think? Feel free to change it if you need to.

Last edited:
Oh, this sounds fun! I was looking forward to start a new Soul Silver game and this could add a nice twist to my playthrough. As such...

DL92's Soul Silver Scramble Run

Difficulty level: Medium.
Can you trade? Yes.
Can you start with Eggs? Yes. In fact, for the challenge, I'd prefer to start with at least one bred Pokémon, especially if the Pokémon can't be obtained easily during the regular gameplay (like the 3rd and 4th Generation Pokémon), with additional Eggs being obtained throughout the journey. Hatched Pokémon can have Egg moves and TMs, as long as they aren't powerful ones (so no Heat Wave Vulpix or Thunderbolt Electrike, but can accept Quick Attack Shinx, for example).
1. No Nuzlocke challenges. I accept obligatory losses at certain points of the story and/or penalties for losing, though.
2. All Pokémon must evolve at least once, excluding certain strong Pokémon (like Scyther and Sneasel).
3. Must have the starter, a surfer and a flyer throughout all the game.
4. Can swap Pokémon and can have a maximum of eight final Pokémon to use during all my adventure. There may be obligatory swaps and/or a penalty for swapping a certain teammate. The starter mustn't be swapped at all.
5. Pokémon can bond, and if they bond they must not be separated under any circumstance. Namely, they must fight together during Double Battles, must be swapped together and/or must take revenge if the partner loses or takes damage.
6. Must have a maximum of two Pokémon from each generation. Evolutions or preevolutions count as them belonging to their debut generation (as such, Gligar is classified as Gen 2 while Gliscor is classified as Gen 4).
7. No type redundancy. Can have redundancy only if a Pokémon loses a type after evolving (for example, can have Nincada and Swinub as long as the former evolves, due to losing its Ground-typing).
8. All Pokémon can solo a maximum of three Trainers, a maximum of 20 wild Pokémon of a chosen species (or five Pokémon if they are super rare) and any amount of chosen targets (like a specific Pokémon belonging to a Trainer) as requirements for a determined action, whether it is for evolution, to learn a new move, as a penalty or simply to show its worth.
9. Each Pokémon must have one permanent "signature" move, which must be related to the Pokémon in some way (as such, a Charmander could have Dragon Breath as its signature move due to its desire to become a dragon). No useless moves (like Splash), but can be "outclassed" status or offensive moves (like Howl and Razor Leaf). It could also have a signature item (so, for example, Charmeleon could not evolve until finding a Dragon Fang, which is the item that allows it to transform into a dragon, and must always hold it).
10. Not obligatory, but I would appreciate if all Pokémon had a backstory and must do certain actions during some events.
Accepted Pokémon:

Slick the Charmander, by Silver_Lucario42
Not all what glitters is gold, and not all blackness is dark.
Signature move: Beat Up, may forget it after beating a Team Rocket commander.
Signature item: Black Glasses.
Requirements for evolution: Solo the rival once to evolve into Charmeleon and use Beat Up at least once; find Black Glasses to evolve into Charizard at an high level.
Other requirements: Solo a commander of Team Rocket using only Beat Up (preferably Archer).

Paper the Chikorita, by Mygavolt
Offense is the best defense.
Signature move: Razor Leaf, must be always used at the beginning of the battle.
Signature item: Grass Mail.
Requirements for evolution: Grass Mail to evolve into Bayleef.
Other requirements: Avoid Bug-types, both allied and foes; cannot switch out or use non-offensive attacks while facing Rock-types; solo Red Gyarados or assist in its capture without Master Ball; solo Brock with only Razor Leaf.

Anxious the Wurmple, by PSDuckie
The only certain thing about the future is its uncertainty.

Requirements pre-evolution: Must not fight at all until it reaches its final evolution, and must reach its final stage as soon as possible. EXP Share is recommended.

If it becomes a Silkoon...
Signature move: Gust or Aerial Ace.
Signature item: None (something to help against anxiety).
Other requirements: Solo Blaine; no Dark, Ghost or Poison attacks.

If it becomes a Cascoon...
Signature move: Shadow Ball.
Signature item: None (something that represents its anxiety).
Other requirements: Solo Sabrina; no Flying, Grass or Psychic attacks.

Rolly the Spheal, by guitarerdood
If an issue surfaces, just roll with it.
Signature move: Defense Curl and Ice Ball, must be always used after Defense Curl.
Signature item: None (maybe a spherical item).
Requirements for evolution: Participate to a Speed Pokéathlon to evolve into Sealeo; reach Ice Cave to evolve into Walrein.
Other requirements: Must be Jolly.

Crafty the Aipom, by CJorex
Toccata and Fuga~!
Signature move: Nasty Plot, must be always used at the beginning of the battle.
Signature item: None yet.
Requirements for evolution: Solo Chuck.
Other requirements: Must not know any physical contact move; solo Bruno; solo one Kanto Gym Leader with a Special type before the split (Misty / Lt. Surge / Erika / Sabrina (if Anxious doesn't become a Dustox).

Resilient the Nosepass, by Theregan
The Rolling Stones fanatic!
Signature move: Rollout.
Signature item: N.
Requirements for evolution: Inflict 5 consecutive attacks to a Pokémon with Rollout.
Other requirements: Must switch in if a teammate faints; solo Falkner; must avoid Fighting- and Ground-types once it evolves; bonds with Tank.

Rotatory Teammates:

Patriot the Heracross, by Theregan
To die for the hometown, or to die as a martyr.
Signature move: Reversal, must use only it when in red health and cannot heal it during that stage.
Signature item: TM89, U-Turn.
Other requirements: Solo Will; must learn a Fighting move, a Grass move and Ground move; must not have any supereffective attack against Bug-types (Fire, Flying and Rock); must avoid to fight along with Slick and as such must be switched out during a Double Battle.

Tank the Scyther, by Wrave
Avengers, assemble!
Signature move: Wing Attack.
Signature item: Metal Coat.
Requirements for evolution: Solo a Trainer with Pokémon supereffective against it, excluding Electric-types, which are at around its level (or higher, perhaps).
Other requirements: Must have a Defense- or Special Defense-boosting Nature; must have Technician; solo Lt. Surge with only Bullet Punch; solo Blaine, and in case of failure Tank must be boxed permanently (valid only if Anxious becomes a Dustox); bonds with Resilient.

Link(s) to the challenge: Coming soon!

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Oh, this sounds fun! I was looking forward to start a new Soul Silver game and this could add a nice twist to my playthrough. As such...

DL92's Soul Silver Scramble Run

Difficulty level: Medium.
Can you trade? Yes.
Can you start with Eggs? Yes. In fact, for the challenge, I'd prefer to start with at least one bred Pokémon, especially if the Pokémon can't be obtained easily during the regular gameplay (like the 3rd and 4th Generation Pokémon), with additional Eggs being obtained throughout the journey. Hatched Pokémon can have Egg moves and TMs, as long as they aren't powerful ones (so no Heat Wave Vulpix or Thunderbolt Electrike, but can accept Quick Attack Shinx, for example).

Rules
1. No Nuzlocke challenges. I accept obligatory losses at certain points of the story and/or penalties for losing, though.
2. All Pokémon must evolve at least once, excluding certain strong Pokémon (like Scyther and Sneasel).
3. Must have the starter, a surfer and a flyer throughout all the game.
4. Can swap Pokémon and can have a maximum of eight final Pokémon to use during all my adventure. There may be obligatory swaps and/or a penalty for swapping a certain teammate. The starter mustn't be swapped at all.
5. Pokémon can bond, and if they bond they must not be separated under any circumstance. Namely, they must fight together during Double Battles, must be swapped together and/or must take revenge if the partner loses or takes damage.
6. Must have a maximum of two Pokémon from each generation. Evolutions or preevolutions count as them belonging to their debut generation (as such, Gligar is classified as Gen 2 while Gliscor is classified as Gen 4).
7. No type redundancy. Can have redundancy only if a Pokémon loses a type after evolving (for example, can have Nincada and Swinub as long as the former evolves, due to losing its Ground-typing).
8. All Pokémon can solo a maximum of three Trainers, a maximum of 20 wild Pokémon of a chosen species (or five Pokémon if they are super rare) and any amount of chosen targets (like a specific Pokémon belonging to a Trainer) as requirements for a determined action, whether it is for evolution, to learn a new move, as a penalty or simply to show its worth.
9. Each Pokémon must have one permanent "signature" move, which must be related to the Pokémon in some way (as such, a Charmander could have Dragon Breath as its signature move due to its desire to become a dragon). No useless moves (like Splash), but can be "outclassed" status or offensive moves (like Howl and Razor Leaf). It could also have a signature item (so, for example, Charmeleon could not evolve until finding a Dragon Fang, which is the item that allows it to transform into a dragon, and must always hold it).
10. Not obligatory, but I would appreciate if all Pokémon had a backstory and must do certain actions during some events.

Accepted Pokémon: None yet.

Link to the challenge: Currently unavailable.
tfw the challenge is more complicated than the Pokémon
Anyway, take Slick the Charmander. Slick is a former member of Team Rocket! (It left after the team originally disbanded) As such, it must have the egg move Beat Up, and keep it until mentioned otherwise.
Slick may evolve into Charmeleon after soloing a rival battle. Your rival hates Team Rocket! Beat Up must be used at least once during the fight.
Slick can't battle against any members of Team Rocket.
After you find the Black Glasses in Dark Cave, you must evolve Slick again once it reaches a high enough level. Slick must wear the Black Glasses for the rest of the run.
Once Slick evolves, it realizes how blind it's been without its glasses. The new Team Rocket is much worse than the old one! Solo one of the commanders in the Goldenrod Radio Tower. No items or moves may be used, except Beat Up, for this solo. If it is completed, Slick may forget Beat Up; it must keep the Black Glasses, though.
Let me know if you like it!

tfw the challenge is more complicated than the Pokémon
Anyway, take Slick the Charmander. Slick is a former member of Team Rocket! (It left after the team originally disbanded) As such, it must have the egg move Beat Up, and keep it until mentioned otherwise.
Slick may evolve into Charmeleon after soloing a rival battle. Your rival hates Team Rocket! Beat Up must be used at least once during the fight.
Slick can't battle against any members of Team Rocket.
After you find the Black Glasses in Dark Cave, you must evolve Slick again once it reaches a high enough level. Slick must wear the Black Glasses for the rest of the run.
Once Slick evolves, it realizes how blind it's been without its glasses. The new Team Rocket is much worse than the old one! Solo one of the commanders in the Goldenrod Radio Tower. No items or moves may be used, except Beat Up, for this solo. If it is completed, Slick may forget Beat Up; it must keep the Black Glasses, though.
Let me know if you like it!
Sounds neat and it seems challenging enough. I may consider using Slick to beat Archer, which would make things more interesting due to him having Houndour and Houndoom. Besides, since he is the de facto leader of the new Team Rocket, it would make sense if Slick wanted to take him down personally.

Added. Time to breed a Beat Up Charmander, then.

Interjection Rant No: 1 (Omega Ruby Scramble) (Warning: extreme rage ahead)

Today's topic: That stupid-ass 2nd rival battle

(Also no one gets to point at me and say "I told you so" because I asked for a hard challenge. That's off limits ;D)

First of all: Fuck you AOPSUser (nah jk no hard feelings)
Second of all: Fuck Mays Shroomish. Literally RNG just loves fucking me over in this battle. In the first 4 resets I have, in order:
Been parahaxed first 3 turns in a row
Been flinch hazed twice
Been parahaxed AND flinched
Been slept from effect spore.

The worst of all? With all this rng, leech seed and mega drain outpace my damage.

Actually you know what? Fuck May in general. This fight is hard enough without being in a scramble

Third of all: FUCK YOU TRUANT HOLY JESUS'S ARMPIT SWEAT I HATE YOU
yeh, I've tried a lot and I can't even get past Shroomish. I can level up once more, but if I do that I can't evolve before soloing Wattson, and OH GOD I don't want to think about that.

Ok, I'm done ranting now. Gonna go cry in a corner, maybe dig out some Pokemon Picross or one of my old scrambles.

Two things:

One is that I need three more pokemon for my Platinum scramble, preferably something that isn't weak to rock.

Secondly and lastly, I have thought of something for you, DarkLatias. Take Patriot the Heracross.

You'll have to teach a pokemon Headbutt, and use it in Azalea Town. Once you catch it, you'll want to train it up, because they can only be found between levels 2-5. I apologise in advance.

Anyway, Patriot is it's namesake. It loves Azalea Town, and will do anything to protect it's hometown.

Therefore, the rules are:
1. Patriot loves Bugsy, and was once on his team. Therefore, it must learn all moves that resist Bug (Fighting, Grass and Ground) asap, because it does not want to harm other bug types. Also, it must pass up any super-effective attacks. Status is okay.
2. It hates Slick. Slick is two types that are super-effective against bug, after all! Never use Slick and Patriot in the same battle, and if they are partners in a Double Battle, Patriot must be swapped out. This is highest priority.
3. Reversal is Patriot's signature move. If Patriot is in red health, then you cannot heal him. Rather, you must use reversal until he faints.
4. It must solo Will. Will stole a Slowpoke from Slowpoke Well, and only Patriot knows. Therefore, it must enact justice!
5. EDIT: forgot a signature item. For this, Patriot shall hold the TM89 for U-Turn, so no other pokemon can learn it.

What do you think? Edit anything that you feel necessary. The rules were kinda strict, tbh.

Last edited:
Chapter 3: I Calm Down and Get to Work

*looks at previous post* Wow overreaction much?
Either way, time to do this *puts on MLG pants*

So after beating Brawly (quite easily i might add), We go to give Steven his package. Why couldn’t he have just picked it up himself? The world might never know.

So I thought there were Aron in this cave, but it turns out that we need a bike. Tony will come later.

We go to Slateport on a boat, which is honestly quite a nice form of travel. Because I need a level for him to evolve for the Wattson solo, we can only train DontGrindMe up to level 18, which is looking bleak. He is level 12, and i have already beaten everyone on the beach.

Suddenly, a light shines down from above.
Is it Jesus?
Is it God?
Nah, its the Trick Master.

Whatever, theres some good exp in there.

(Insert rant from previous post here)

So yeah, after crying in the corner for a bit, playing some Mario Kart, and putting on the MLG pants, let’s go try this again.

Oh nice, X items are in the Slateport Market. (Buys 6 X SpecDef)

BUY ALL THE SODA POPS!

Well, since soda pops heal for 100% of his HP, and don’t use up a moveslot, we gonna delete Slack Off and teach DontGrindMe Bulk Up.

Ok, time to go try May again!

Ok wow i REALLY overreacted last post.

While it did take 10 years to set up with leech seed, paralysis, flinch, and truant, once at +6 atk, +6 def, and +6 spd, May didn’t stand a chance.

CAPITALISM!

DontGrindMe evolves, which is probably good and bad. In my opinion though, the level restriction for the team is outweighed by not having truant.

So we finally get to Mauville, and the first thing we do is get a bike.

*Mini detour to go grab Tony*

Tony is female. errrrrr…. Maybe call her Tanya? Nah, too much effort. Tony the female Aron it is.

Unfortunately, because of move restrictions, I have to delete Sand Attack and teach Tony Cut. (Please ignore the fact that 3 of my members know Cut, Idk what i was doing either)

Now that i can go on Cycling Road, time to train up Tony. I’d train up DontGrindMe more for his Wattson solo, but he is at the maximum level of 19. Sadly, Magnemite and Magneton resist both of his attacking moves.

Wait, what is that you say? Steel no longer resists Ghost and Dark? Woot. (already knew that but forgot)

So after walloping Wally, and destroying all of the trainers in the Gym, its time for Wattson!

Well, that went the same way as Mays fight did. Without truant, DontGrindMe made easy work, with the help of some steroids. He also levels up during the fight, which is nice.

Next time: we finish our team, do some finagling with Team Magma, and smash some rocks!

Bob (Torchic)
LV 26
Gentle Nature
Blaze
-Cut
-Peck
-Fire Spin
-Sand Attack

Bob is my ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card. He 1-2HKOs everything, and while he is squishy, he’s going to evolve next episode. He’s just insanely over leveled at this point, which is ok because the next gym has to be soloed by someone else anyways. I’m going to have to rein him in by the time i get to Norman, but right now he’s just out of control.

DontGrindMe (Vigoroth) silk scarf
LV 20
Brave Nature
Vital Spirit
-Cut
-Yawn
-Feint Attack
-Bulk Up

DGM caused my quite a lot of grief at the beginning of this chapter, but now that he’s a Vigoroth, and doesn’t have Truant, he is coming online very quickly. He 1-2HKOs everything with enough Bulk Ups, so he’s not quite as ridiculous as Bob at the moment, but probably would be if they were the same level. His teamwide restrictions might hurt a bit, but now he can farm off of wild pokemon, giving me more opportunities to train Pacifist.

Beyond (Surskit)
LV 18
Lax Nature
Swift Swin
-Bubble Beam
-Quick Attack
-Sweet Scent
-Thief

First thing first: Yes i know i am in violation of Beyond’s move restrictions right now. However, I have not been able to find a Non-Normal Status move that she can learn. To avoid direct violations, I am forbidding myself from using QA until this is fixed. Moving on, to be fair I haven’t really used Beyond at all this episode. The only thing I really used her for was once i had to stop leveling up DGM. She will shine next episode, as she has to solo Flannery,

Pacifist (Zigzagoon)
LV 17
Rash Nature
Gluttony
-Tackle
-Thief
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Sand Attack

Oh Pacifist. How I wish you had Pickup. Pacifist is in the same boat as Beyond. I can’t find a worthwhile time or place to use her, and its so hard to train her because I can’t lead with her and she’s so squishy. The only time i can guarantee XP for her is on trainers with multiple pokemon. Hopefully she will improve soon, but right now there’s just no reason to use her.

Tony (Aron)
LV 13
Gentle Nature
Rock Head
-Harden
-Cut
-Headbutt
-Metal Claw

Tony currently suffers from New Pokemon Syndrome. I acquired her at level 10, so I’ve been training her as much as i can, but its so hard to train when every other trainer in Cycling Road and Mauville Gym have someone with Magnet Pull that just destroys Tony. Hopefully he will shine more once he catches up with everyone. I think he will start to kick into gear around the 5th or 6th gym, but for now he’s just sort of there.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two things:

One is that I need three more pokemon for my Platinum scramble, preferably something that isn't weak to rock.

Secondly and lastly, I have thought of something for you, DarkLatias. Take Patriot the Heracross.

You'll have to teach a pokemon Headbutt, and use it in Azalea Town. Once you catch it, you'll want to train it up, because they can only be found between levels 2-5. I apologise in advance.

Anyway, Patriot is it's namesake. It loves Azalea Town, and will do anything to protect it's hometown.

Therefore, the rules are:
1. Patriot loves Bugsy, and was once on his team. Therefore, it must learn all moves that resist Bug (Fighting, Grass and Ground) asap, because it does not want to harm other bug types. Also, it must pass up any super-effective attacks. Status is okay.
2. It hates Slick. Slick is two types that are super-effective against bug, after all! Never use Slick and Patriot in the same battle, and if they are partners in a Double Battle, Patriot must be swapped out. This is highest priority.
3. Reversal is Patriot's signature move. If Patriot is in red health, then you cannot heal him. Rather, you must use reversal until he faints.
4. It must solo Will. Will stole a Slowpoke from Slowpoke Well, and only Patriot knows. Therefore, it must enact justice!

What do you think? Edit anything that you feel necessary. The rules were kinda strict, tbh.
If you don't mind, I'll give you a second Pokemon, as I feel it may take a long time otherwise... Feel free to reject it if you don't want multiple from the same person. Also you wanted a Pokemon not weak to Rock, so here it is :].

Take Picky the Riolu. Riolu has always been a picky eater, with its favorite food being bitter ones: the ones available in Eterna City. These are Heal Powder, Energy Powder, Energy Root and Revival Powder. If you want to go to a Pokemon Center, you must make sure that Picky is fully healed up, so he won't actually have to endure the 'terrible' treatments of nurse Joy. The same is true for any status condition. It may not be healed in any other way either, unless you're forced to heal your Pokemon.

Picky may evolve into Lucario once it is smart enough. In the Sinnoh region, contests are the main way to prove your skills and the Smart category is linked to bitter Poffins, so its determined to win it. It must win at least the Great Rank contest to be able to evolve, as it proved itself. If you want to feed it Poffins, its only allowed to eat purely bitter poffins (which only increase Smart).

Good luck; have fun. Not a lot of restrictions, but I felt like this was hard enough with the healing restriction!

If you don't mind, I'll give you a second Pokemon, as I feel it may take a long time otherwise... Feel free to reject it if you don't want multiple from the same person. Also you wanted a Pokemon not weak to Rock, so here it is :].

Take Picky the Riolu. Riolu has always been a picky eater, with its favorite food being bitter ones: the ones available in Eterna City. These are Heal Powder, Energy Powder, Energy Root and Revival Powder. If you want to go to a Pokemon Center, you must make sure that Picky is fully healed up, so he won't actually have to endure the 'terrible' treatments of nurse Joy. The same is true for any status condition. It may not be healed in any other way either, unless you're forced to heal your Pokemon.

Picky may evolve into Lucario once it is smart enough. In the Sinnoh region, contests are the main way to prove your skills and the Smart category is linked to bitter Poffins, so its determined to win it. It must win at least the Great Rank contest to be able to evolve, as it proved itself. If you want to feed it Poffins, its only allowed to eat purely bitter poffins (which only increase Smart).

Good luck; have fun. Not a lot of restrictions, but I felt like this was hard enough with the healing restriction!
Thanks! I don't mind, it'll just be annoying to train it up with the rest of the squad.

Interjection 2: I am dumb

Something that should have been noticed before I started:

yeah, you can't get Seviper in Omega Ruby

seriously I've had this challenge for what, 6 months? How have i not noticed?

I can't exactly trade either, so.... sorry Victory Victreebel!

Since he doesn't seem to be active anymore, someone want to give me a new scramblemon from Route 14?

This is awkward...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)