Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

There was a mini update after the big update ! They fix the HP of Giratina EB from level 51-100 which was more than 200K HP ahahaha !

Beedrill Skill Boosters will be useless too (except if it boosts his unknown Mega Ability ... ?). Landorus Repeat is strange ... Uxie could be useful but there are so many good Psychic types already (Or Flying/Fairy vs Fighting, or Ground vs Poison)

Caught Giratina at level 24 !
And maybe you should level Magmortar to level 5 for some damage !

Read that : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1hF-TquHrYSY4dP8K_LUsd13HXBx9ck_klASiNKrGVck/htmlview#

A tough cookie.
1. Buy a Moves +5. Throh will then disrupt 48 Rocks during these 20 turns.
2. Team should be M-Aero, a Rock Smash+ (Preferably Fearow), and 2 Pokémon with the ability Prank.
3. Try to activate Prank right after a disruption appears (a 4 match is 40% chance activation). It will change the counter of the disruption, hopefully making it lower so that another disruption can happen, disrupting 60 rocks.
4. Make sure to match near the rocks quickly after they spawn, because if they are replaced by the next disruption, it will not count.

Good luck!

Currently grinding the newly caught Blaziken, Heatran, combusken and Magmortar for Abomasnow. Since I don't have delphox, I guess I'll have to compensate by grinding them to max so that I have a chance at the candy...

Hey guys, after 600+ hours playing Shuffle over the last year and a half, I'm uninstalling the game from my 3DS. I've become completely addicted to it and it negatively affects my sleep (staying up an extra 15 minutes just to get an extra heart's worth of play, for example) and frankly, as a graduate student I just don't have the time I would like to have. It's been a fabulous run and I hope everyone continues to enjoy playing it. I might re-download the game some day, but for now I think I would rather just end things on a relatively high note. Thanks for the fun banter here and there!

Yoshi :( That's sad but I understand ... Sometimes, I wake up at night just to play 7 times the Meowth stage ... !

Ok, I MAX Magmortar because he will be useful for the Megastone competition (I have already the Abomasnowite but I want the 2 speeds ups ! My Rayquaza neeeeeds it !) and almost MAX my newly caught Giratina (LVL 8). I'm currently level 120 in the EB ...

You're lucky :) I'm level 231, and I can't beat Giratina now :(

I've tried two teams one with MegaGar one with Mega Absol, but it seems that I finally suck at this level (too many disruptions) ... Rest of the team : MAX Yveltal/Darkrai/Giratina ...

Are there better teams ?

I'm at lv 248 using mega absol, giratina, yvetal and zekrom (or any block smash+ mon) (all max lv) and it works really well for me after I switched out darkrai for zekrom, it's still kinda luck dependant though.

Also how hard are levels 251-299? Is it the same as 200-249 or just a little bit harder?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How to beat Kingdra's Stage in a nutshell: Don't let the disruption counter drop to 0. What happens if it does? Board reset (the board whites out and literally resets to default). And the board is a spiral of rocks behind barriers. Have fun.

That said, I managed to beat it and catch it second attempt itemless with Mega Sceptile / Shaymin / Virizion / Bellossom. So it is not that hard, but even with all the delays to disruptions it has a lot of HP you need to whittle; I only beat it with two turns left before Poké Ball luck.

Also came 327th in EU for Mega Abomasnow. Yay Double Speedups!

Back to Giratina where I am in the early 180's and have not skipped a boss stage yet. Apparently boss skips are impossible on the 3DS according to a reddit thread, but we will see.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Managed to barely grasp the top prize on Mega Abosmasnow by ranking #694 lol
Thinking about using these 2 new speedup to maximize Charizard once and for all, will probably try my luck at Kingdra tomorrow I already used my hearts with Giratina for the day.

Also came 418th in EU for Mega Abomasnow. Yay Double Speedups! My Rayquaza is happy :D

I can confirm since Latios EB that skipping boss on 3DS is not possible. Possible on Mobile ...

Caught Kingdra (I use a DD TBH, I really miss that Shaymin) and Dunsparce too ...

zero2exe -> I don't think Kingdra costs hearts, just gold I think.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Didn't even bother with the Abomasnow competition. Absolutely 0 point. The competitive stages are a crapshoot when you don't have decent mons.

I'm still stuck on Togekiss with no real chance of progressing anytime soon. At least Victini is once a week on mobile now.

For level 250 Giratina, do a full item run but with Mega Aero + blank in 4th pokemon. C-1 will remove the support forced pokemon and the last 4th Pokemon will be rocks and mega Aero will do marvelous job !

I don't know if i will try 250-300 ... I'M BROKEN ! :D

Didn't even bother with the Abomasnow competition. Absolutely 0 point. The competitive stages are a crapshoot when you don't have decent mons.

I'm still stuck on Togekiss with no real chance of progressing anytime soon. At least Victini is once a week on mobile now.
Glalie is already good for an Ice Mega if you don't have decent Pokemon ... But for the completion part ... ALL POKEMON / EVENTS / MEGA ARE USEFUL :D

You're lucky :) I'm level 231, and I can't beat Giratina now :(

I've tried two teams one with MegaGar one with Mega Absol, but it seems that I finally suck at this level (too many disruptions) ... Rest of the team : MAX Yveltal/Darkrai/Giratina ...

Are there better teams ?
Ive been using a team of Mega Gengar(max, 1/1), Absol, Weavile and Giratina (7 all)...
I'm at stage 249 and I haven't progressed yet cuz I want to grind some cash first(have 67k right now want to try for 300). The combination of astonish and mind zap has been potent...

You absolutely should have taken part... A full item run guarantees a mega stone most of the times and even if you didn't get that, you ight have gotten 2 AUs or 1 AU for sure which is 5-10k free to use on some of the current special stages...

For the first time ever, I got not only the Mega Stone, but the rare candy too. I probably should have snap shot it!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
You absolutely should have taken part... A full item run guarantees a mega stone most of the times and even if you didn't get that, you ight have gotten 2 AUs or 1 AU for sure which is 5-10k free to use on some of the current special stages...
Problem is a full item run costs about 15k coins (idr the full cost but it has to be in that ball park), which I don't have. I spent all my money on getting the last mega stone, and I don't even have Swampert yet! I don't play the game every day like you guys do, I don't farm Meowth for hours on end (which is even more of a ballache on mobile, 7/10 I only get 100 coins and the other 3 I am lucky to get 300). I'm all for putting in some effort, but this is almost soul destroying. "A full item run" does not guarantee a mega stone at all anyway. I don't have the all powerful mons which 80+% of other players do. I basically open the game, try to beat Togekiss, lose and then send hearts to people. I feel absolutely no sense of progression at all when you have to play the same mind numbingly boring stage 5/10/15 times for a shot at 300 coins a pop (Or the same for XP for mons regarding Buneary or Ampharos). Only thing I feel progression on is the escalation battles, but at some point those just laugh at you again (I JUST made it to 50 for the Latiosite and then stopped, cause the difficulty went up ten fold).

Maybe these problems don't exist on 3DS. They do on mobile. The low catch rates for every mon are the most annoying things. I've lost count at the amount of times I've completed the Moltres/Swampert stages with no capture. Its frustrating to spend 10/15/20 hearts (like two whole days) trying the same mission, win most of those times, but don't get a reward at all.

/rant

There was no C-1 available ... and the DD wasn't useful (it was counter productive with Magmortar) ... Full runs cost ... 5K IIRC ? But I understand your point of views

Problem is a full item run costs about 15k coins (idr the full cost but it has to be in that ball park), which I don't have. I spent all my money on getting the last mega stone, and I don't even have Swampert yet! I don't play the game every day like you guys do, I don't farm Meowth for hours on end (which is even more of a ballache on mobile, 7/10 I only get 100 coins and the other 3 I am lucky to get 300). I'm all for putting in some effort, but this is almost soul destroying. "A full item run" does not guarantee a mega stone at all anyway. I don't have the all powerful mons which 80+% of other players do. I basically open the game, try to beat Togekiss, lose and then send hearts to people. I feel absolutely no sense of progression at all when you have to play the same mind numbingly boring stage 5/10/15 times for a shot at 300 coins a pop (Or the same for XP for mons regarding Buneary or Ampharos). Only thing I feel progression on is the escalation battles, but at some point those just laugh at you again (I JUST made it to 50 for the Latiosite and then stopped, cause the difficulty went up ten fold).

Maybe these problems don't exist on 3DS. They do on mobile. The low catch rates for every mon are the most annoying things. I've lost count at the amount of times I've completed the Moltres/Swampert stages with no capture. Its frustrating to spend 10/15/20 hearts (like two whole days) trying the same mission, win most of those times, but don't get a reward at all.

/rant
But just participating gives you a free Attack up... That's 1 heart for 5000 coins worth of item...
And what team are you using for Togekiss?
I'm going to be honest with you, Togekiss is nothing compared to the assholes you'll have to face soon, Mega Mewtwo Y, Milotic, FUCKIN' STEROID CHUGGING CLOWN, Gothorita, Gothitelle, and Every Mega battle, they're all coin sinks, everyone of them... Look up videos on how to grind Meowth and try it...
Togekiss isn't even that hard, use Mega mawile, the 2 Nidos and one other poison/steel mon(all level 5 min) with a Move +5 and a MS... That's just 3.5k that you have to grind which you can do in 15-17 Meowth runs...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
But just participating gives you a free Attack up... That's 1 heart for 5000 coins worth of item...
And what team are you using for Togekiss?
I'm going to be honest with you, Togekiss is nothing compared to the assholes you'll have to face soon, Mega Mewtwo Y, Milotic, FUCKIN' STEROID CHUGGING CLOWN, Gothorita, Gothitelle, and Every Mega battle, they're all coin sinks, everyone of them... Look up videos on how to grind Meowth and try it...
Togekiss isn't even that hard, use Mega mawile, the 2 Nidos and one other poison/steel mon(all level 5 min) with a Move +5 and a MS... That's just 3.5k that you have to grind which you can do in 15-17 Meowth runs...
Yeah, I haven't caught either of the Nidos after 10+ attempts at them. It's ridiculous how low the catch rates are on Mobile. So currently my Togekiss team is MMawile (Or Megar cause MMawile takes 8 billion years to mega), Croagunk, Toxicroak and Klefki. All like Lv 5 or lower iirc. I've looked at videos for Meowth, its still shit on Mobile cause he can spawn a block instead of coins.

Honestly? Do you enjoy grinding Meowth 17+ times for coins? Cause I hate it. It's tedious as fuck. The game is cool, but its ridiculously gated.

Yeah, I haven't caught either of the Nidos after 10+ attempts at them. It's ridiculous how low the catch rates are on Mobile. So currently my Togekiss team is MMawile (Or Megar cause MMawile takes 8 billion years to mega), Croagunk, Toxicroak and Klefki. All like Lv 5 or lower iirc. I've looked at videos for Meowth, its still shit on Mobile cause he can spawn a block instead of coins.

Honestly? Do you enjoy grinding Meowth 17+ times for coins? Cause I hate it. It's tedious as fuck. The game is cool, but its ridiculously gated.
I play ~50 hearts a day, and there are days when I pour all my hearts in that stage... And I hate every time I have to do so. But the sad fact is, I actually like the game and, I can't do micro transactions, so grinding it is...
You know about the 2 patterns of disruptions Meowth has? I found it to be significantly easier to grind after keeping the score below 850...
And, I have to say, the odds of you beating Togekiss itemless with that team is very, very low.
You pretty much have to backtrack at this point... When I went up against Conkeldurr, I was stuck for 2 weeks and lost around 15k on it, because at that point in the game there isn't a single flying, psychic or fairy typed Pokémon that is above 70 BP... Mewtwo and Xerneas are hell to get so early so it was pure torture.
You'll either have to backtrack or grind or give up...
Or you could do micro transactions...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)