smogon irl

Anyone in the Texas area? I know it's a huge state, but the main metropolitan areas aren't "too" far away from one another (I'm in the Houston area), and it'd be neat to meet up.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Never been super big poster on Smogon but I do know there are several people close to me (and I am pretty sure there is someone that goes to the same Uni), live in Hamilton, Ontario and saw a user with the name MacHealthSci... and I go to McMaster University so meh...

Never been super big poster on Smogon but I do know there are several people close to me (and I am pretty sure there is someone that goes to the same Uni), live in Hamilton, Ontario and saw a user with the name MacHealthSci... and I go to McMaster University so meh...
oh cool, me, shaian and i think Aquasition (may be wrong on the last one tho, we never actually met up @_@) go there

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I met up with esteemed user Rumor once upon a time. We went to the same uni for a short while, we got lunch and talked about Monotype and PS in general. Was pretty cool, I had a good time :)

Never in my teenage and young adult life have I played with irl people the shit I enjoyed online, be it pokemon (stopped when ruby/sapphire came out, hate the new music style), yugioh, MMOs, anime, manga, etc. I keep my power level suppressed at most times.

I barely meet with people in real life at all. I support Smogon and their rules and generally find it the most compatible system to play in. Sure, I think Smogon has some flaws. Like holding a Mega Metagross or Mega Sableye suspect test. Or bringing Victini down to UU. Or having usage imprison Pokemon like Ambipom and Cinccino in higher tiers.

In real life, if I do meet a Pokemon player, they probably don't know anything about Smogon at all. The only way I really care to play Smogon is with PS, which is on the internet. If I met one in real life, I'm sure they could help me actually be decent at Smogon.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If any of you live in or near North London hmu. The only Londoners on here that I know are completely inactive and only joined because I forced them to 2 years ago lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)