Shiny?: yes
Pentagon?: no
Moves: Sand Attack / Growl / Quick Attack / Bite
Nature: Docile
Region of origin: fateful encounter from Unova <3
Characteristic: Good endurance
Ribbons: nope lol
Other comments (optional): thinking on doing a giveaway soon for this soo
It's probably just a random shiny caught in Unova.

I don't think many people here would want it, though. People here are only interested in Pokemon with good IVs and Nature, sorry.

It's probably just a random shiny caught in Unova.

I don't think many people here would want it, though. People here are only interested in Pokemon with good IVs and Nature, sorry.
edit: didn't mean a giveaway, was gonna give away to a friend* :) Eeveelutions are his life so

edit: didn't mean a giveaway, was gonna give away to a friend* :) Eeveelutions are his life so
Oh. For the record, you can always edit your original post.

And yeah, as long as your friend isn't really into competitive Pokemon, then it's good to go. It seems legitimate in every possible way.

the eeveelutions are overrated tbh

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Language: English
Species: Eevee
OT: Michiru
ID No.: 02930
IVs: 2 (lol)
Ability: Adaptability
Pokemon's name: Eevee
Level: 25
Pokeball: Luxury
Shiny?: yes
Pentagon?: no
Moves: Sand Attack / Growl / Quick Attack / Bite
Nature: Docile
Region of origin: fateful encounter from Unova <3
Characteristic: Good endurance
Ribbons: nope lol
Other comments (optional): thinking on doing a giveaway soon for this soo
Welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately, the Eevee is hacked based on the info given.

Welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately, the Eevee is hacked based on the info given.
First of all, let me apologize for my mistake. It's been a while since I did any trading at all.

Second, out of curiousity, how is it hacked? feel free to berate me as much as you please for this dumb question

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
First of all, let me apologize for my mistake. It's been a while since I did any trading at all.

Second, out of curiousity, how is it hacked? feel free to berate me as much as you please for this dumb question
In general, asking why something is hacked is discouraged (as it gives information to hackers about what to "improve" about their hacks); but since I doubt this instance is one of those corner case issues, Fateful Encounter without event TID/OT (and not one of the cases where that's a thing).

Disclaimer: I haven't spoken to shiny finder about their reasoning, but any reason should suffice.

I got this in a trade with a random a few weeks ago. I can't find anything obviously wrong with it other than the fact that it's a flawless 6th gen legend (what are the odds, exactly...?) with a usable nature, but maybe a more discerning eye than mine can.

Diancie (English)
OT: OCT2014
ID No: 10274
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: Not 100% sure but they seem to be 252 Attack, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Speed
Ability: Clear Body
Name: Diancie
Level: 100
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Shiny?: No.
Pentagon?: Yes.
Moves: Diamond Storm / Moonblast / Earth Power / Rock Polish
Nature: Mild
Date met: 10/30/2014
Region of Origin: "Apparently a fateful encounter."
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Other comments: Well... It's a 6IV Diancie.
EDIT: Memories:
"The Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember...
And...
Diancie saw Max using Qualot Berries. The Pokemon still remembers that it grinned."

Last edited:
Species: Cresselia
OT: Robikaze
ID No.: 08402
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (i think?)
EVs (optional): 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Cresselia
Pokeball: Heart Ball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Moonlight, Lunar Dance, Toxic, Ice Beam
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Crescent Isle "Apparently met at Lv. 50"
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): Got through wonder trade, as far as I can tell it looks legit but just the fact that someone would wonder trade away a shiny, battle-ready legendary seems suspicious.

I got this in a trade with a random a few weeks ago. I can't find anything obviously wrong with it other than the fact that it's a flawless 6th gen legend (what are the odds, exactly...?) with a usable nature, but maybe a more discerning eye than mine can.
Chance for flawless IV is 1/32k. Nothing else is wrong with it, but the fact that it's flawless with a suitable nature makes it suspicious.

Got through wonder trade, as far as I can tell it looks legit but just the fact that someone would wonder trade away a shiny, battle-ready legendary seems suspicious.
This, however, I can't believe can be anything but a hack. Flawless, shiny, usable nature and pentagon obtained over WT? I'd write this off as hack immediately, personally.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
OT: Robikaze
ID No.: 08402
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (i think?)
EVs (optional): 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Pokeball: Heart Ball
Moves: Moonlight, Lunar Dance, Toxic, Ice Beam
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Crescent Isle "Apparently met at Lv. 50"
Characteristic: Mischievous
Other comments (optional): Got through wonder trade, as far as I can tell it looks legit but just the fact that someone would wonder trade away a shiny, battle-ready legendary seems suspicious.
If by "Heart Ball" you mean the Love Ball, then its 101% guaranteed to be a hack; being hex flawless and from Wonder Trade doesn't help its case either.

Yeah, that's a hack.

Almost definitely a hack.
(For reference: Odds are 1/32,768 for the IVs; 'n'/25 for the nature (where 'n' is the number of different natures you'd accept)... In short, way too low to be realistic; especially from a random wonder trade.)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Diancie trade locked from GTS and WT? If so, Poison Heart, what do you mean by random trade?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Diancie trade locked from GTS and WT? If so, Poison Heart, what do you mean by random trade?
I didn't say random trade, I specifically said trade with a random, as in trade with a random player. Specifically a random player offered me a trade with the message "EVENT TRADE???", which I accepted and offered a spare Victini I've had sitting around for a while. He offered me a Keldeo, which I refused, and then offered me the Diancie, which I accepted cause I didn't have one yet.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I didn't say random trade, I specifically said trade with a random, as in trade with a random player. Specifically a random player offered me a trade with the message "EVENT TRADE???", which I accepted and offered a spare Victini I've had sitting around for a while. He offered me a Keldeo, which I refused, and then offered me the Diancie, which I accepted cause I didn't have one yet.
Sorry; I read "random" and assumed wonder trade.

Either way; it's almost certainly a hack. Nothing more to discuss here.

Species: Ekans
OT: AuSLove.TV
ID No.: 54321
EVs (optional):
Ability: Intimidate
Pokemon's name: Ekans
Level: 5
Pokeball: Love Ball
Moves: Coil, Gunk Shot, Earthquake, Sucker Punch
Nature: Careful
Region of origin: Kalos (Daycare helpers, Lumiose City, interestingly on 6/16/2014)
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Kalos Champion Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Training Ribbon, Skillful Battler Ribbon, Expert Battler, Effort Ribbon, Alert Ribbon, Shock Ribbon, Downcast Ribbon, Careless Ribbon, Relax Ribbon, Snooze Ribbon, Smile Ribbon, Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, Gorgeous
Other comments (optional): I was trying to get an Ekans for my Poke Dex on the GTS and after jokingly thinking how funny it would be if someone gave me a shiny, suddenly this little guy floats down onto my screen in the greatest coincidence I've seen in my entire life. His contest stats are flawless too. I'd honestly be shocked if he was legitimate since he seems too good to be true but I wanted a second opinion. At the very least I'd imagine he's a clone.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Species: Ekans
OT: AuSLove.TV
ID No.: 54321
EVs (optional):
Ability: Intimidate
Pokemon's name: Ekans
Level: 5
Pokeball: Love Ball
Moves: Coil, Gunk Shot, Earthquake, Sucker Punch
Region of origin: Kalos (Daycare helpers, Lumiose City, interestingly on 6/16/2014)
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion Ribbon, Kalos Champion Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Training Ribbon, Skillful Battler Ribbon, Expert Battler, Effort Ribbon, Alert Ribbon, Shock Ribbon, Downcast Ribbon, Careless Ribbon, Relax Ribbon, Snooze Ribbon, Smile Ribbon, Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, Gorgeous
Other comments (optional): I was trying to get an Ekans for my Poke Dex on the GTS and after jokingly thinking how funny it would be if someone gave me a shiny, suddenly this little guy floats down onto my screen in the greatest coincidence I've seen in my entire life. His contest stats are flawless too. I'd honestly be shocked if he was legitimate since he seems too good to be true but I wanted a second opinion. At the very least I'd imagine he's a clone.
It's hacked.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
These blatantly obvious hacks have been mass-cloned and pumped into the GTS and WT for a while now. Basically it's like you already adequately formulated "too good to be true". As a rule of thumb, whenever you receive a Pokémon that just seems a bit "too perfect", especially with an "AuSLove.TV" OT, it is 101% hacked by default.

Last edited:
Thought so. I mean, it looked way too perfect to be real but I thought I'd ask anyways in case I actually hit the jackpot. Besides, while everyone has their favorite pokemon I guess, who would spend that much time on an Ekans of all things?
Thank you.

OK, these two seem suspicious. First is a WT shiny, other, i don't remember how i got it.

Species: Talonflame
OT: Erica
ID No.: 60604
IVs: 6IV
Ability: Gale Wings
Pokemon's name: Kira
Pokeball: Poke Ball
Moves: Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, U-Turn, Tailwind (I KNOW the moves are legit, i have them on my own Talonflame, which I bred from this one)
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Skillful Battler (Battle Maison)
Other comments (optional): Memory Girl says it went to the name rater

Species: Aegislash
OT: Colton
ID No.: 21163
Ability: Stance Change
Pokemon's name: Same as species name
Moves: Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Retaliate, Kings Shield
Nature: Quiet
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion (I KNOW I gave it this one), Skillful Battler
Other comments (optional): Memory girl says it was stared at by the judge

OK, these two seem suspicious. First is a WT shiny, other, i don't remember how i got it.

Species: Talonflame
OT: Erica
ID No.: 60604
Ability: Gale Wings
Pokemon's name: Kira
Moves: Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, U-Turn, Tailwind (I KNOW the moves are legit, i have them on my own Talonflame, which I bred from this one)
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons: Skillful Battler (Battle Maison)
Other comments (optional): Memory Girl says it went to the name rater

Species: Aegislash
OT: Colton
ID No.: 21163
Ability: Stance Change
Pokemon's name: Same as species name
Moves: Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Retaliate, Kings Shield
Nature: Quiet
Region of origin: Kalos
Ribbons: Hoenn Champion (I KNOW I gave it this one), Skillful Battler
Other comments (optional): Memory girl says it was stared at by the judge
Hex flawless and shiny from wt/unknown sources is usually always shady and most likely hacked.

Sidenote: A Pokemon bred with a hack as a parent is also a hack. So the Talonflame you bred from that Talonflame, is also considered a hack (if the original is a hack).

(Is this correct? I'm not good at this stuff)

Sidenote: A Pokemon bred with a hack as a parent is also a hack. So the Talonflame you bred from that Talonflame, is also considered a hack (if the original is a hack).

(Is this correct? I'm not good at this stuff)
Yup. Some other forums might not mind as much but here pokemon bred from a hack are also considered a hack and shouldn't be traded.

Hi! I am not going to do anything online with these two Pokemon. Just curious about their legality. If possible, can you tell me how you know it is hacked / not hacked?

Language: JPN
Species: Thundurus
OT: カイゾー
ID No.: 00000
IVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
EVs (optional):
Ability: Prankster
Pokemon's name: カイゾー
Level: 50
Pokeball: Master Ball
Shiny?: No
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Heal Block, Agility, Discharge, Crunch
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Loves to eat
Other comments (optional): I was requesting a Thundurus at Theorymon's giveaway, but this player sniped my trading fodder and gave me this thing.

Language: ENG
OT: Ash
ID No.: 01337
EVs (optional):
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Psychic, Ice Beam, Moonlight, Thunder Wave
Nature: Sassy
Region of origin: Sinnoh
Other comments (optional): The moves are not what it came with. I taught it those moves for use in Battle Maison. I received this on GTS when I deposited some Pokemon requesting for Cresselia and I got this.

Last edited:
Hi! I am not going to do anything online with these two Pokemon. Just curious about their legality. If possible, can you tell me how you know it is hacked / not hacked?

EVs (optional):
Other comments (optional): I was requesting a Thundurus at Theorymon's giveaway, but this player sniped my trading fodder and gave me this thing.

EVs (optional):
Other comments (optional): The moves are not what it came with. I taught it those moves for use in Battle Maison. I received this on GTS when I deposited some Pokemon requesting for Cresselia and I got this.
Second is a blatant hack, Ash + ID 1337 is a know hacker. First is either a hack or someone who decided rng a 0 Thundurus for the lols, but knowing how difficult roamer rng is in 5th gen and coming from a random person it's probably a hack.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.

EVs (optional):

EVs (optional):
Dunno about Cresselia but the Thundurus's nickname + OT is literally "hacked" or "modded" in Japanese so I think we can draw a certain conclusion from that :P

EDIT : Cresselia also a very obvious hack

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)